White Day

Signs of Destiny

 

 

How did it happen that their lips came together? How does it happen that birds sing, that snow melts, that the rose unfolds, that the dawn whitens behind the stark shapes of trees on the quivering summit of the hill? A kiss, and all was said.

— Victor Hugo.

 


 

A cold winter night in Seoul showed nothing but pure beauty; something that one should never miss. The way the snowflakes danced around before finally settling themselves on the asphalt, or even the way lovers walked around the cold hand in hand; just enjoying the beautiful sight that stood before them—simple cynosure.

 

It was times like these when one wishes that White Day should've been somewhere between November and December, and Kikwang was glad it fell during their Winter Break. It doesn't matter though, as every day needn't be White Day just so you could openly show how much you love a person. It needn't be.

 

With both of them freshly enrolled in different universities, getting to spend time together is gold, no thanks to term papers piling up on the table. It is a good thing though, as they would focus more on their studies instead of spending too much time together.

 

Another cold breeze passed by the couple as Kikwang wrapped his arms around Hyosung a little more tightly before kissing the crown of her head sweetly, making her smile up at him and give him a chaste kiss.

 

"Do you want to get hot chocolate?" He asked, as they stood in front of the infamous Starbucks which was packed with lovers, friends or family happily enjoying the night.

 

"I'd love that," She smiled, as he opened the door for her — always the gentleman that he is. Sometimes.

 

They both sat opposite each other in a booth that was near the sparkling furnace; the waiter immediately asking for their orders before taking off, leaving the two lovers to themselves again.

 

"Isn't the street beautiful today, Ki?" She whispered as he took her shivering hands between his, blowing warm air and pecking it every once in a while, a sight that brought warm smiles to those around them.

 

"Hm," He nodded, looking into her dazzling pool of browns that were looking at him curiously - almost in amusement. "Not as pretty as you."

 

"Shut up!" She laughed, slapping his hands gently. "You're so cheesy lately, Ki."

 

"Well, that's because I can be so cheesy, yet still look so handsome," He smirked, raising a brow at her agape expression. "Don't you think so too, Hyo?"

 

"Well, I really have no choice here, you see," She shrugged, pretending to look anywhere but him, stifling a smile.

 

"And why is that?" He asked, glaring at her playfully as she acted as if she was trying to think of an answer.

 

"Because I love you," She said simply, leaning forward to kiss her other half chastely on the lips.

 

He laughed, cupping her cheeks lovingly before she could sit back again and kissed her passionately on the lips—full of love, emotion and just love. "I love you." He smiled, pecking her again before she sat back on her seat, looking at him with a pout.

 

"What?" He asked, not knowing why she was looking at him with those puppy dog eyes he could never ever resist.

 

"Don't ever leave me, okay?" She asked, eyes becoming watery all of a sudden. She didn't know why she said that out loud; maybe she was just scared. She didn't want to ever be without him ever again. She loves him so much and she can't imagine having a life without him with her. He was hers.

 

"I wouldn't think of it," He answered seriously, smiling at her with love. He doesn't understand why she would even think that he would ever leave her, because he wouldn't. He'd never dare to. He love her so much that sometimes he didn't understand how; all he knew was that that girl sitting in front of him was the one. She was the epitome of beauty, grace and passion. He didn't think he can ever live without her.

 

"Oh, Ki! A carnival! Can we please go?" She pleaded once they exited the shop, tugging at his hand like a little girl, looking at him with her puppy dog eyes again. "Please?"

 

"Baby, it's freezing and you want to go to a carnival?" He laughed, looking anywhere but her eyes; knowing certainly that once he looked at them, he wouldn't be able to resist. He was not herculean.

 

They were standing on the opposite side of the carnival; waiting for the red light to turn green so they'd be able to cross the pedestrian and get to the mall so he'd be able to shop for her, but Hyosung had somehow got so attracted to the fetching carnival that stood right before them and was now begging him to go there instead, with those damn puppy dog eyes that she knew he couldn’t resist.

 

"Why did they even make a carnival at this time of the year? Alright, we'll go." He sighed, before finally giving in. She squealed, practically dragging him across the street as soon as the lights turned green. He rolled his eyes as she gaped at the huge Pororo stuffed toy that can only be won if you shoot one ball in the hoop, or so it stated.

 

"Ki, my one and only hero. Get me one?" She wrapped her arm around his neck, pecking his lips. "Please?"

 

"Piece of cake," He smirked, kissing her on the nose before walking towards the token booth, exchanging a hundred dollars for as much token as they could get; earning them 50 tokens.

 

Kikwang handed the worker two tokens who gave him a ball which he had immediately shot into one of the baskets, earning him a massive Pororo stuffed toy with glasses which he gave to Hyosung. "See?"

 

"See, you’re truly my hero." Hyosung laughed, before dragging him further into the carnival. This is going to be a long night, he chuckled to himself seeing her in awe with all the colourful booths.

 

Kikwang pulled Hyosung closer to his side as the Ferris wheel started moving; he wasn't a big fan of the ride, but when Hyosung said that she loved Ferris wheels as it was somehow kind of a romantic notion made his heart soar at how poetic his girl can be.

 

"When was the first time you rode a Ferris wheel?" He asked, resting his chin on top of her head, but not before kissing the crown of her head sweetly. He love the vanilla smell that came off her, one of the things that he missed about her when they were apart.

 

"This is the first time," She admitted; closing her eyes contentedly whilst hearing Kikwang's heart beat.

 

"Really? But you seem to love the ride, how come?" He laughed, wondering how mysterious she can get. Indeed, she was beautiful in every way.

 

"I do love it. It's just that I've never been on it," She shrugged. "You know The O.C. right? When Marissa and Ryan were on the Ferris wheel, kissing like there's no tomorrow? Isn't that sweet? It made me tear up the first time I watched it."

 

"How can I not know The O.C? You have all the seasons on DVD," He chuckled. "I guess that is kind of sweet, huh? But how come you've never been on a Ferris wheel?" He breathed in the scent of her hair lovingly, whilst playing with one of her strands.

 

"That's because I never liked carnivals," She looked up at him with a shy smile.

 

"Okay, then why did you drag me here, woman?" He laughed, nudging her side.

 

"Well, carnivals were usually the ideal first dates on movies, you know? If not, then it's at some fancy restaurant. Either that or it was the carnival. The couples always end up kissing in the Ferris wheel, and as the movie passes, if the couple breaks up, they always remembered that part of their relationship you know? Just the two of them there, taking everything in and looking at each other with endearing smiles and lovely kisses. I wanted to save my first time here with someone special," She smiled at him sweetly, her brown eyes staring deep into his lovingly. "Which is why I want you here. You're very special to me, you know that don’t you?"

 

"You're very special to me too," He was so captivated by her, her words, everything. He didn't know how he got so lucky with this amazing girl sitting beside him. He was glad Yoona came into their lives in their high school years, or they wouldn’t end up like this. He doesn't ever want to let go of her. "I love you so much, you know that?"

 

No words were spoken afterwards as their lips just met into a mind-blowing zealous kiss that was enveloped with their love, need, emotions, passion, and everything that held their relationship together.

 

It was far more perfect than those other Ferris wheel kisses that are on movies or TV shows.

 

Much more perfect.

 

 


 

 

It was past midnight when he sent her home, stopping by the playground, and they both raced to the only swing. Being the gentleman he was, he let her win. She sat, and he pushed her gently.

 

"It's beautiful." Kikwang finally said.

 

"Yeah..." Hyosung said, sort of off somewhere. "Now come sit down."

 

"What, no. It's covered in snow!" He rejected.

 

"Wuss!" She shouted at him. "It's a little frozen water, now come on." She said to him, scooping up a smile pile of it, and flinging it him.

 

"Fine!" He said brushing off the abundance of snow on his jacket, and sat down. She let out a muffled laugh at the look on his face, and then put her head on his shoulder.

 

"Are you even cold?" He asked her blankly.

 

"No," She said. "Not at all."

 

"Well in that case," He started scooping up another pile of snow. "I can do this." He stated dropping it on top of her head. She took a moment to process what happened, and then started laughing, picking up another pile, and placing it on top of his head, so it looked like a little snow hat.

 

"Oh, so that's how you want to play it, huh?" He said reaching towards her.

 

"No!" She said playfully, getting up off of the swing and ran a few feet away, giggling madly.

 

"Oh no, you asked for it." He said throwing another wad of snow at her. She screamed and ran around the playground and hid behind the slide. She took more snow and shoved it right in his face, laughing hysterically.

 

He then leaned into her, and kissed her round lips, and the two fell into the eight inches of snow on the ground, arms around each other laughing madly together.

 

"You cold?" He whispered into her vanilla scented hair quietly.

 

"No." Hyosung replied. "I'm perfect."

 

 

 

 


 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 

Hi! Just a short update, and I'm out for now. Have a class to catch up to, and I haven't even shower yet! *cries. Bye! ^^