Nightmare

Signs of Destiny

 

Hyosung couldn't sleep, so she goes to her best friend to get rid of her bad dreams.

 

I'll be there for you
These five words I swear to you
When you breathe, I want to be the air for you
I'll be there for you
I'd live and I'd die for you
I'd steal the sun from the sky for you
Words can't say what love can do
I'll be there for you.

 

— Bon Jovi's I'll Be There For You

 

 


 

 

Hyosung tossed and turned, unable to sleep with the remaining fragments of her nightmare floating around in her head. A streak of lightning cut across the cloudy night sky, causing her to jump slightly at the following thunder. Usually, Hyosung loved the rain but the thunderstorms rumbling loudly didn’t calm her frayed nerves.

 

It wasn’t like it was new; sometimes it changed but it always had a recurring theme – her father reaching out to her, and Hyosung reached out for him but he fell off the cliff before she had the chance to. She would always jolt awake, tears streaming down her face. At first, she dreamed of her mother; this wasn't very uncommon since she used to have flashes of similar memories in her dreams all the time, but this one was different. It focused on her parents' death, mainly with her mother soaked in blood from the accident, and her father falling off the cliff. At this unpleasant thought, Hyosung would regularly checked on her sleeping father next door once she awoke.

 

Tonight's episode was different, though. This time, Hyosung watched as it was Kikwang’s turn to fall off the cliff, hanging to her hand for his dear life. But when Kikwang’s grip slipped off hers and fell towards the raging sea, Hyosung woken up before she could see it, but she felt it and knew that deep in her dream realm, Kikwang had died. Just thinking about it made her skin crawl and giving up on sleep, she decided to go and check on her childhood friend. Kikwang slept over tonight, just like many other nights, when he needed her help with school works.

 

Hyosung snuck quietly across the hall to the guest room, and cracked it open slightly, just enough to make sure it was only her mind playing tricks on her; that he really was here. Sure enough, there he lay, sprawled across the bed, blankets and sheets everywhere, forcing her to put a hand to to suppress a giggle at the sight of him. Suddenly, a streak of lightning lit up the room, lighting Kikwang's face and causing Hysung to jump just as the thunder rolled not far behind. Kikwang shifted slightly and glanced blearily towards Hyosung's silhouette in the doorway.

 

"Hyosung?" he asked sleepily as she moved forward, pausing by his bed to straighten the blankets nervously.

 

"Yeah."

 

"Are you alright?" It wasn’t odd for Hyosung to be in his room in the middle of the night for no reason, but still, it was three in the morning as he checked his watch.

 

"I, um, just had a bad dream, is all."

 

Looking at her shy expression, he chuckled slightly and pulled her down to sit beside him on the bed.

 

"Really? What about?"

 

"You ... fell off the cliff. And I ... couldn’t save you."

 

She fiddled with the blanket, twisting it around her fingers as she said this, not looking into his eyes and missing the concern and warmth radiating for her there. Abruptly, she stood up, letting go of the blanket and hesitantly backing up towards the door.

 

"I just needed to see that you're safe, and still here." Finally, she looked up to see his face and relaxed at his caring expression.

 

"I'm not going anywhere, Hyo."

 

"You promise?"

 

"Yeah, I promise."

 

He glowed to hear the concern in her voice for him of all people, so much so that he didn't think about what he said next, it just popped out of him.

 

"Want to stay here tonight?"

 

She blushed automatically and stammered "H-here? With you?" At his nod, she felt the need to clarify before jumping the gun.

 

"You sure, Kwangie?"

 

"Sure I'm sure" he responded oh so casually, even though he was so not sure of what to do, say, act as she took his invitation and crawled into bed beside him. She tried to get comfortable as the butterflies in her stomach went crazy at Kikwang's nearness, his fresh clean scent covered the entire bed and she inhaled it deeply from the pillow she rested her head on. She couldn't help scooting closer to him, and he seemed to visibly relax for once since the moment she entered his bedroom.

 

"Kikwang?"

 

He his side to face her, momentarily dazed by her radiant beauty in the moonlight now shining in through his window.

 

"Thank you."

 

Her words touched him as he focused completely on her, seeming to see all of her for once, the curves of her body under the covers, her heady vanilla scent, her dark brown eyes, and the kind and loving woman inside shining out of those windows to the soul. All he wanted was to touch her and so he did by scooting closer still to her and putting his arms around her comfortingly. She stiffened somewhat before returning his embrace, almost melting under his own dark brown eyes and firm yet gentle hold on her, almost possessive in touch as she rest her head on his chest. He her hair, putting her into a tranquil state and felt him lay them both down before sleep fully took over.

 

“Sweet dreams, Hyo.” Kikwang whispered sleepily into her hair and wrapped his hands tighter before he dozed off to sleep.

 

I’ll always be here for you.

Always.

 

 

 


 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 

I am intoxicated with fluffs. Fluffs, I tell you fluffs! Yes, with a tinge of sadness there but overall just plain fluffs! F.L.U.F.F.S!