Then Along Came A Bunny

Along Came a Bunny

Adielie!

Rayne busted through the doors, beaming with excitement, "Mon Ami! We've made it, we've made it! Me, you and Hana, we are floWER'! Hahaha! Yeah!" She hugged her friend but something was wrong. She took a step back from Adielie.  Hana was behind her, her face wet with tears. Rayne then stepped back further, seeing the picture in it's entirety. Addy was packed and ready to leave, but her red face told the same message as Hana's.

M-m-mwo?

"Oh, Rayne ha, don't look at it like that? I'm still in SM Town. I'm just going to the new branch in America. It's something I w-w-wanted...and..."

She couldn't finish her sentence. Rayne nodded silently, the parting was bittersweet. She moved in toward Addy and Hana came in to make it a group hug. The minutes past as they all stayed in their hug, just soaking in the last rare moments they had with each other. Finally through warm tears Rayne spoke " But we're -We're- suppose to be floWER? Why would they do this?" .....

*** weeks pass***

Rayne felt dead inside, Hana knew why but still urged her Unni to put on a brave face. This was just too much for Rayne to process. Adielie, was back in the staes with her own crew of people. She was happy for her. But....

The new manager of floWER, Manager Kang, awaited the two girls at the front of the new dorm there all were to be staying in. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Girls. Nice to meet you this morning"

Hana greeted Kang-ssi with a shy smile, but all Rayne could say was "Likewise". Kang-ssi spoke up to Rayne " Oh, remember Miss Im to practice your Korean more." 

"Oh Deh, yes ... Mianhe"

She still got nervous around him. They had only met a few weeks ago and he was the one who was the bearer of bad news"

They walked into to the dorm, it was smaller than their previous one. The common area was the larger space in the floor plan. There was an old couch, two chairs, and a small flat screen T.V. 

"She's going to be late getting here, Her member's are having one last meal with her. Feel free to look around the dorm. This is your new home"

Rayne went straight away to the bathroom. It was disappointingly small. She made a mental note to try and always be first in there. The colors were of a pale yellow and teal "this is the most horrible blend of colors ever". Now she was already pissed at the place. Rayne worked her way around to the bedrooms. There were two. The first one had a small window , two closets, and two beds. There wasn't anything special about the room so she looked in the next one. It was a little smaller than the main bedroom (she assumed that maybe it was originally a office of some sort). But the window in this room, attracted her eyes the most. It was huge! Well it didn't take up the whole wall but it had a nook and a window sill. Rayne looked outside and thought it wasn't much of a view, this room was right in the front. The people walked by paying no attention to their surroundings. They were involved in their daily life going to and fro talking to people or on cell phones. This was the first time today Rayne smiled. She had a window with a view. If the sunset and the moonrise was clear from here, this would be the perfect spot. As long as...she didn't want this space. Her mind went back to that again. Speak of the devil, Rayne heard some comotion and the door opening. This girl was finally here.

"Welcome Choi Rabi, this is the floWER dorm"

Kang-sii and who ever came along with her started making traps back and forth to grab Rabi's things. Rabi came in to the darm with a bright smile on her face. But I look at her eyes said that she had been crying recently. Rayne kept to the back,"Hmpf" is all she had to say. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Chonun Rabi imnida! You must be Hana!"

Hana gave Rabi a shy bow, "Deh, I'm Park Hana and this is..." she looked around for her Unni.

"Where did she go?"

"I'm right here" She announced loudly, once again trying to put her best face forward. 

This was the second time in her whole life meeting with Rabi. The first time she had helped her escape security guards. But all of that was in the past. Now she had to live with her! How? She couldn't even look at her without thinking about Jonghyun. Still Rayne eeked out a halfway decent introduction.

"Annyeonghaseyo......Rayne imnida.....Yoroshiku onegaishimasu" she mindlessly let her Japanese slip.

For a second it confused Rabi," Mwo, I do-" Manager-ssi, interupted with his own words to say. "we have all of your things out of the car Rabi-ah. You and Hana will be in the same room, while Rayne, being the oldest, will have her own room"

"Oldest? Oh, your my Unni!" Rabi laughed warmly. Rayne's face was unchanging,"Deh" and she left it at that.

She then turned her attention to Kang,"So Kang-ssi, about the second room..."

As Rayne and Kang walked away, Hana could see the slight awkwardness that was left behind.

"Rabi~unni, let's both look at our room. You have a alot more stuff then I do, let's unpack your things first." Rabi stood there and stared at her for a long time, making Hana feel a litlle weird now. "OMG Hana-ah....You are sooo cute!" Now making her maknae turn pink. 

"Thank..you.." she said shyly and Rabi squeed once again. Hana knew that this was going to be interesting living with her.

***Dinner, 7:55 pm***

It was their first dinner together as floWER, the new official girls group from SM Town entertainment.

Kang-ssi gave the girls a happy look as they sat down to the table. Hana and Rabi faced Kang and Rayne respectively. Rayne still had her 'poker face' up. This day was not too bad, but every time she looked up ... Choi Rabi was here. She was tempted to were the red scarf but her better judgment warned against it. Rabi was so better sweet over the fact that she left her SHINee boys behind..for a girls group. She now had to get used to wearing high heels and girly dances. she thought to herself at least Key would help her with the dances. Hana smiled pleasantly soaking in all the conversation, just listening to Kang-ssi and Rabi's excitement and noticing Rayne's rude silence. Rayne did speak up now and then to answer various questions that was directed towards her. Her answers were nothing more than "uh huh" or "mmmhmms" when Rabi broke the first layer of cold hard emotional ice by asking a ponited question.

"So Rayne, do you speak..Japanese?"

Rayne tried to act like she didn't hear the girl at first continuing to chew on the meal she ordered. "Rayne" Kang-ssi spoke, "Rabi~ah is asking you a questions"

"Deh~" She looked up at Choi...."I thought I heard you speaking in Japanese earlier today?"

"oh was I? Hmm, I really didn't mean too, mianhe"

"oh no, ha that's fine. Actually I speak Japanese too", though Hana knew this about Rabi already, she still perked up like this was the first time she heard this news. This could be a opportunity for Rayne and Rabi.

"Now both my unni can speak in the same language together! Rabi-unni can also help you with Korean, because it's both your second language!

"Rayne-ah is also from America, Rabi. In fact You two are from the same state I believe" Kang said to also help the situation.

If looks could kill, she would have murdered the Manager and the Maknae all in one blow. Hana would have said something to Rayne about the look, but in polite company she just returned the cold look back to the girl saying silently," Oh no you didn't ~Unni". Rayne got the message so only then did she decide to respond to everything that was said. She turned, looking Choi square in the eye, " My family name is Chiba. I'm from Japan, but I was raised in the States. Yes we're from the same state and same city. But my parents moves away only a few months ago....Anything else you like to know....?" the condescending demeanor dripped through-out her voice. The table fell into an awkward silence. Finally Rayne excused herself from the table.

"Okay," Rabi mouthed to herself. When she left Kang tried to explain the situation." Well yes, I'm sorry about her attitude today. normally she is a very sweet girl. You see, Hana and Rayne were recently told that you were to replace one of the trainee's, who they were very close too. She's probably still sore of that. Give her some time. Trust me she's not like this." He got up and went to meet up with Rayne. 

There wasn't enough water to rinse off the anger on Rayne's face. She did not like her and this ..little...sham of a dinner would never makeup the damage Choi did to her life. Over rest of the time Choi Rabi spent here, she would make sure she'd repay Rabi back in full.