There Can Only Be One

Along Came a Bunny

 

 September 17, 2009

 

Rayne got back to the dorm really late. She had regular trainee practices on top of possible "Flower" practices. So her body ached all over! But tomorrow was a day of relaxation for all the trainees. While other girls were talking about going shopping and traveling around the town doing activities, Rayne knew two things to be true: one, Hana was going to stay in and two, the two friends we're going make it a SHINee day! Well more of a SHINee minus Rabi day!

 

Hana was a fan of all of SHINee, and Rayne could ...accept that. She still didn't understand how and why Hana could accept that girl infiltrating that wonderful boy group! Grant it she was....okay. Every time she saw her dance, she could understand why she was chosen for the group. Despite Rayne's dislike for Choi, she could respect that some random chick from the States made it into SHINee. So maybe one day soon she'll meet Jongi again.

 

"Ah~ Jonghyun~" Rayne flopped down on to the couch bringing her whole arm over her eyes. Hana knew that Rayne was going into her "happy fangirl place" again. What Hana didn't understand is how Rayne is the biggest "Blinger" she ever met. She knew girls and trainees who had very hard fan crushes on K-pop stars. But Kim Jonghyun? She couldn't figure out what it was exactly, but something about Jonghyun always rubbed Hana the wrong way. A really... bad way. She never expressed this concern to Rayne, knowing she would try her hardest to convince her otherwise. Most likely using words such as “OH he's soo sweet and kind! Dont forget he's soo y too! How could you not love all the y shirt liftin,' y stuff, struttin' his stuff on screen?!?!” Rayne often referred to Jonghyun with "y stuff". Hana was afraid to ever find out what this "stuff" was.

 

"Umma, wakey wakey, it’s gonna start soon" Hana said gently waking Rayne out fangirl dream land. "Oh wut?" She responded, apparently she was falling asleep. "Mmhmm, kay~"  Rayne was trying to put herself back into "pre-game' mode. There was some type of important thing about to happen, or that’s what the fandom was buzzing about. Suddenly she got up, alarming Hana for a second, "Sorry Han-han, I gotta get the scarf! Maybe today is the lucky day!" Hana gave her friend a frown. She didn't like Rayne's 'Red scarf of Choi Disapproval'.  "What?", she chucked a little," This is how I deal with it, ok? It's not hurting anybody".

 

"But what if one day someone did that to you, Rayne? How would you feel?" Rayne thought about that for a second. ‘Well that would ....’ she just shrugged her shoulders and still came back with the super long red scarf around her neck.

 

 

 

***The television came on and everything seemed fine***

 

"Oh, look they must be doing a performance before the show too" Hana listened intensely while Rayne leaned forward. Rabi and Onew appeared on stage. Rayne then did a double take. ‘Wait am I seeing what I think I’m seeing? The two of them were holding hands?’ Onew reached the microphone and spoke first.

 

 

 

"Before we sing, I'd like to make a public apology. Just before our debut the members and I were in an interview. During this interview, I stated that Choi Rabi didn't belong in SHINee."

 

What? Apologize? For what reason?

 

 "I was wrong. In fact, I don't believe we would be the SHINee you see today without her."

 

Are they forcing him to do this?!?! OMG SM town is sooo staging this!

 

 "Disapprove as you may, but I ask; please disregard my comment about Rabi-ssi."

 

What the- Rabi SSI!?

 

"-She's an amazing girl, and I couldn't see her belonging with any other group than SHINee. Thank you."

 

Rayne sat there with wide open. She was so proud of Onew when he voiced his opinion that day during the interview. Obviously he was willing to say what was needed to be said!  (Rayne waved her scarf proudly that day!) Although now she was working for  SM Town.  She could tell that this was a bad omen.

 

And what happed later that night....When SM Town announced Jonghyun and Choi Rabi.

 

This was an outrage! Rayne paced of her room trying to wear a hole in the floor. She couldn't sleep, not now, not ever. She was so angry, she was physically shaking," OOHHHH I CAN'T STAND HERRRRR”. She wanted to blow up something! She wanted to....

 

"Unni?" Rayne broke out of 'hate' mode to address Hana. She suddenly appeared at the door, "Hai? ur um Deh?" Hana was glad her unni was putting more Korean in to her speech. "Um, I heard a scream, is everything ok?" She looked around the room and saw that it was pretty trashed. Though nothing was broken, various things were thrown about and bed sheets were on the floor.

 

"N,n,n,no" Rayne started...."Hey look no-,ani, this isn’t what it looks like"

 

“Unni… calm down... Things aren’t always as they seem” Hana meant this in the calmest way possible.

 

" No ...she...that little girl has to go! And I gotta do something!"

 

 Hana sighed. "Unni... Take a moment to consider this...I mean... do you think she really wants this? No. Don't answer that - you probably do.” The younger girl sighed once again. She continued, "Do what you wish, but, BUT - Be careful as to what you do...You represent SM Town. You represent the girl group we're putting together And... hell, what if she ends up being with us? Just no. Good luck Unnie~” Hana walked out of the room.

Rayne paused to consider the maknae's words.....

"Hell if that day effing comes"

 

She pulled open the bottom most drawer and stopped. It was the best cosplay outfit she ever made, Shinobi... In just a few minutes she was adjusting the straps making sure everything was still secure. She looked at the ninja before her in the mirror and nodded to herself. Hana was right, as Rayne she still represented SM town. She put her hair up in two high pig tails. The red scarf of hate-ness was also part of this same cosplay (Rayne's father bought it for her to use a long time ago). She had to wrap it 20 times (it is a very long scarf). Lastly she found her Ray Ban sunglasses to hide her eyes! Rayne had become...the ninja!!! She ran to hop out the window- ninja style-.......and stopped right before the window frame. She might had felt bad right then, but she wasn't really...that skilled.

 

She snuck out the front door late in the night… and ran toward the TV station!