Looking Back....

Along Came a Bunny

*** Present Day***

The phone rang so Rayne picked up

"Moshi Moshi" 

"Ah~ Chiba-kun. I thought you'd never pick up! I've been trying to call you for three days now!" One of Rayne's good friends from America, Vanessa, whined on the phone. Rayne was annoyed yet happy that her friend called. First, it was a good and long while since she heard Chiba, Rayne's true last name. Second, it was three months since they last spoke to each other. But as much as she wanted to talk for hours with Ness, in reality her friend had just called her at a really bad time.

"Ness~ you really called at the wrong time! Hana, Rabi and I are in practice for the debut. I was just having a water break. I gotta get back now." 

"Rabi? Wait-wait-wait wait! Choi Rabi? You mean that chick you hated!?"

"Shhhhhh! Shaddup~ I uh...well you know....she's not that bad once you kno-"

"OHHH MAN PLOT TWIST! When did that happen?!"

"STOP SCREAMIN' GIRL! YOU MAKIN' MAH EAR BLEED!" Rayne screamed particularly loud in her urban American accent. Loud enough that Rabi, Hana, and Manager Kang-ssi all gave a peek into the small dressing room that is adjacent to the famous cloud background SM dance studio. As she saw the three curious faces pop in, Rayne giggled and short bowed to apologize "Hehe~ I'm talking to Nessa". Hana and Rabi smiled  to each other. They already knew who she was talking to since Rayne only gets that loud and tends to only speak the most English with her best friend. So the two went back into the studio. Kang on the other hand, knowing that the phone call would be very distracting to Rayne, kept a stern face and tapped at his watch. She got the message.

"Yeah, Ness nervermind. I really gotta get back an-"

"HEY! Noo! You have to tell me what happened cause last talk we talked-"

"OMG it's a tres tres long story now- Well you know what Ness- she's a cool person and I misjudged her. I guess, I'm finally warming up to her. But I really do have to go. Call yah later tonight, kaykay?"

Ness sighed over the phone, "Alright. I guess so. I'll be on Facebook too... just in case"

"Cool, talk to yah"

"Talk to yah"

Rayne put her cell phone away in her purse. She took a few steady breaths and a drink of water before going to the other room. She slid into the room right on time to join in with Rabi and Hana already dancing. She was glad that her two dongsaengs are such expert dancers. This gave her a goal to reach because as leader she didnt want to be outdone by her juniors. Watching them helped her not to be as stiff in their dances. After months of individual practices with the choreographers, she finally felt comfortable in the routine. 

Rabi was to her immediate right dancing like she was the one who choreographed the moves. Hitting each turn, beat, and half beat  with little to no effort. Rayne remember when she would see her do that and get so angry at her. She would never show it during the practice but Hana would always hear her hysterical rants soon as they all got back to the dorm. Thinking back on Ness's conversation, she almost forgot that only less than three months ago she was battling out with Rabi. Giving it all-she-got, trying to make the poor girl leave the group. Looking back at it now, Rayne realized how petty she was about the whole thing. But, as she would say in English  'It's whatever now''. However, back then she was a total B-I-T-C 

-Hey!-