Chapter 3

Only Look at Me!!!

GD’s left cheek is almost buried in the white sand with his back facing the blazing rays of the sun that is slowly burning his skin and his dragon tattoo. He lazily blinked his eyes and is almost gaining his consciousness, he felt his hand was holding onto something soft and somehow delicate, he can hear heavy breaths and somehow his vision is starting to get clearer, he can see a figure now, a figure of a person. He blinked again and now everything is crystal clear, his hand was actually holding Dara’s waist and their faces were just inches closer. He carefully removed his hands from Dara’s waist and he slowly ascended his body enough to lift his upper torso. His eyes surveyed the whole area, he then brush off the sand that was stuck on his hair and wiped his forehead with the back of his left hand. Then he gazed on the unconscious lady beside him and turned his eyes on the horizon that divides the ocean and the sky.

“Where the hell did that stupid Daesung go? He always disappears in times of trouble!” he looked at Dara.

“I do have you, but I ain’t got no penny if I have no idea where on earth the waves have thrown us, damn! How am I supposed to find my way back to that stupid useless Daesung!” he looked at Dara again and lightly poked her left cheek.

“Hey! Princess! Wake Up! This isn’t the time to be sleeping like this, you just got kidnapped”, Dara just keeps on having heavy breaths and is not moving at all.

“Hey!” GD’s tone was a bit worried.

“Hey princess, you okay? Answer me!” he immediately put his right palm into Dara’s forehead then to her neck to check if the girl has fever.

“Aish! Princess got a fever now, why does trouble keep coming at me?” He immediately carried Dara to a shaded area but not too far from the shore.

“Okay. Calm down GD.” Close his eyes and then he took a deep breath to cool himself. Then he stared at Dara, taking his time to admire the beauty that sleeps before his eyes though it took him almost a minute to realize that he needs to take care of the young lady that was burning hot because of the fever.

The light is slowly fading and the darkness starts to consume the whole island, the sun is almost gone and then in a few moments the moon has started to appear and shone its light on the island. GD has already set the bonfire; Dara was beside him covered with a mat made from coconut leaves, GD has also made a mini tent, it was a combination of branches and twigs intertwined together to form a reverse V shape and then he covered the walls with coconut leaves and other dry leaves, he also fill the inside with dried leaves to form as a cushion.

He moved closer to Dara, he put his right palm on Dara’s forehead and his left palm on his forehead, trying to compare their temperature.

“Fever’s gone down,” he slightly lifts his upper body towards the bonfire and grab one of the grilled fish skewed on a wooden stick. Now that he has taken care of Dara, relief has somehow struck him with hunger, aggressively biting the meat off its bones and drinking coco juice straight from its shell till there’s none left. He suddenly stops when he notice a slight movement from the girl, her fingers moved a little, her face a bit cringed, and then a droplet of tear starts to form on her right eye.

"Seems like your having a sad nightmare princess"

"You look so lonely"

"Somehow,you make me want to protect you," GD stares Dara with compassion and then he suddenly blink and he somehow snap out of the moment.

"What the hell am I thinking!"

"Focus! Focus GD!!she's not your type, and the only thing you need in this world is money!"

"Damn it! Just where the hell is that stupid Daesung!!"