chapter three_meet my cousin!

We met by chance

«Sometimes you gotta act like you don’t care.»

Someone knocked on your door but of course you didn’t want to see anyone, especially at that moment, you were not in conditions to talk to anyone. You sighed and wiped your tears, looking to the other side of the room where there was a window. You could see the moon, for some reason that got you even sadder. ''Come in'' you mumbled, hoping the person didn’t hear you from the other side of the door. ''Are you alright?'' Minhyuk asked obviously worried with you. ''I am.'' You smiled slightly through your tears to him. He was the only person on the world you didn’t want to hurt at all. He sat on your bed and grabbed your teddy, playing with it as he looked at it. ''You know what? Appa wouldn't like to see you like this; he would like to see you smiling. Sumin-ah, isn't that true?'' He said looking at the broken doll, shaking it lightly, pretending it was nodding. You smiled gently and looked at the doll too. Minhyuk really knew how to make you smile whenever you were in pain. He leaned close to you and wiped your tears away, pecking your forehead gently ‘’I know I'm too old for this, but still, both of us have to grow up. Nobody said it would be easy to let go. Sumin-ah can tell it. Right?'' he continued, looking at the doll as if asking it the question. You chuckled, hitting his arm ''You're so childish...'' your words were no other than whispers. He smiled at you, wrapping his arm around your shoulders to pull you close to him. ''Shut up pig kekeke~'' he started tickling you.

''Who are you calling pig? YAH MINHYUK!'' you pouted and slapped his hands away lightly, carefully not to hurt him. He hugged you tightly, pulling you to his chest just like you did a while ago with the small doll. ''We have to be strong okay? Now, don't get angry at Chanhee, both of you were little when that happened, you know?'' he whispered in your hear gently, pecking your cheek after. In fact, you knew Chanhee was stupid when he broke the only memories you had from your father but part of you still didn’t want to forgive him for what he did. You knew Minhyuk’s advice was the best option but then, you didn’t really wanted to give Chanhee a second opportunity; he was just too childish.

~~~~~~

As the morning came again, after everyone being up, you started your morning routine which now starts with yelling, ''YAH LEE CHANHEE WHERE ARE YOU?''.

The house was still a bit messy since no one had time to clean the house and everyone was very tired, for different reasons.

''Omo sorry Jinah, I was running as fast as I could.'' He said, still pulling up his pants as he ran downstairs. He took a toast from the counter and quickly put it on his mouth, picking up his phone and his backpack, quickly following you to the school. The school day, as usual, was somehow painful for you since mostly the classes were boring and your class just didn’t like you at all. You threw your hands in the air, sighing as the school day was over, finally you could go home. Again, you had to wait for Chanhee who still didn’t know the way back home. You leaned against the school gates, waiting for your cousin as you played with your hands. You were lost in your world when someone’s hand landed on your shoulder, making you look up. Chanhee smiled at you ‘’I’m here’’ he said, grinning. Chanhee has always been an optimistic and happy person, unlike you who went through so much pain. You tilted your head, Minhyuk had told you Chanhee also had a hard past behind his back and you suddenly remembered the phrase, ‘those who smile the brightest, hurt the most’ that phrase seemed to be especially made for your cousin. You smiled a bit at him, who looked a bit confused at you ''I want to go home...okay?'' you told him, pushing your body forward with the foot you had on the gate, so you could be standing up. ''Oh sure...Would you mind if I invite some friends to come with us?'' he blinked a few times, rubbing his nape. You were about to sigh but remembered you had to be patient with him.

''No, as long as they don't bother me.'' You shrugged, looking outside the gate as you both waited for his friends. ''Thank you!'' He chuckled, hugging you tightly. You couldn’t help but feel a bit surprised, he looked like a diva but then, he was just a guy who really liked cuddling and very friendly. He had nothing to do with the first impression you had of him. He was funny and always there for someone that needed him, it didn’t matter who, he’d be there even if the person pushed him away or treated him really bad. You reached for his head, ruffling his hair, messing it and smiling gently. You never really had the chance to do this kind of things, Minhyuk was just too busy and you were used to be by yourself rather than being with someone else. It felt very good though, you liked the feeling.

''But, you aren't forgiven...what you did to my toys was bad.'' You warned him, in a playful tone, still telling the truth though. ''Okay okay....sorry...GUYYYSS COME HERE!'' He nodded his head, understanding that what he did was wrong but he was still a kid. He shouted to his friends as he saw them, waving his hand so they could spot him. Soon, five guys stopped right in front of you and your cousin. ''Annyeong, I'm Ahn Daniel, it's nice to meet you. Call me Niel though...Chunji's cousin!'' He said bowing to you and smiling also. Chanhee had talked about you to his friends. Something got you confused in Daniel’s conversation, ''Chunji? Who's Chunji?'' you frowned a bit, not knowing who he was talking about. ''Me you silly! keke'' Chanhee ruffled your hair ''Oh... You mean ChanHee?'' you looked at Daniel who raised his eyebrow at you and nodded his head slowly ''Yeah... I guess'' he said hesitant, he was not used to call Chanhee for his real name. Another guy took your hand and bowed his head a bit ''Choi Jonghyun imnida. It's nice to meet you. Call me Changjo'' He said, smiling brightly at you. You smiled back, nodding your head. So far, you liked to meet your cousin’s friends. They were all nice and seemed to be fun. As the third started to present him; ''My name I-'', your eyes widen and you pointed at him. ''BANG MINSOO?'' You half shouted, surprised with the fact Chanhee and him were friends… From everyone in the world, why did your cousin have to befriend this guy? He looked at you, surprised by hearing his name. ''That’s my n-JANG YAJIN? YOU GUYS ARE COUSINS?'' Minsoo pointed at you and Chunji as his eyes widen. ''Uh yes...'' Chunji said, nodding his head and raising his eyebrow. He crossed his arms, wondering what was so wrong in that. ''Oh have a safe walk home dear cousin, I'm not staying.'' You informed, walking away from that place. Minsoo was the last person you wanted to see, he brought you bad memories to your mind.

''What was that?'' Chanhee asked, blinking and rubbing his nape. L.Joe didn’t have the opportunity to talk to you at all. He sighed and glared at Minsoo who didn’t notice it. ''Oh...you didn't know?'' Ricky blinked, patting Chanhee’s shoulder. ''About what?'' Chanhee asked confused. ''These two love each other too much to be together, you know...'' L.Joe said, rolling his eyes as he looked at the way you went.

''Is that so? Omo I have to apologize to Yajin....'' Chanhee mumbled, biting his bottom lip. Now he felt twice as guilty.  ''Now don't bother her, you know how hard girls can be...'' Ricky told Chanhee, patting his back gently, the others simply agreed, nodding their heads.

''Anyways, why do you guys hate each other?'' Changjo asked, blinking a few times as he looked at Minsoo who shrugged his shoulders. ''I don't even know myself, we got angry at each other when we were little, I guess I said something I shouldn't. Then she started arguing with me.'' He mumbled, rubbing his nape, recalling his memories. It still didn’t make sense and he had no clue about the thing that made you mad.

''Both of them are stupid'' L.Joe concluded, shrugging his shoulders as he clapped his hands. ''Kids these days are stupid...'' Changjo said also, agreeing with L.Joe. ''HEY I'M STILL HERE OKAY?'' Minsoo shouted, rolling his eyes at the comments his own friends were making about him. ''Don't yell at us... It's true and you know it. You didn't even try to talk to her since you were so mean to her. Have you even cared about the why?'' Niel asked him, looking at him.

''The why?'' Minsoo sighed, shaking his head ''Yes, why is she angry at you...''  Chanhee nodded his head, tilting his head slightly. ''Psh, you guys are annoying'' Minsoo said before walking away.

''Let's help him'' Chanhee said smiling at the others, when Minsoo was nowhere to be seen.


-yuchan's note; updated on the 06.18.2014. Please leave feedback <3 and, OMG LOOK AT THIS CUTE THING T-T