The Adventure Begins

Love Through A Circle

Morning crept as the room grew brighter revealing two sleeping lovers lying next to each other. Exhaustion from jet lag and excitement took over their bodies as no one couldn’t bear to keep their eyes open for long.

Taeng slowly opens his eyes, he looks over to the light trying to sneak its way through his blinds and sighs. He knew he was tired but he was amazed at how fast the night passed. Last night for him was a daze after he took his shower, he remembered seeing Tiffany deep in slumber and falling asleep next to her. The groggy blonde-haired boy scratches his eyes, adjusting to the light, before gazing at the sleeping beauty next to him. His heart skips a beat seeing how angelic the dark-haired beauty looked in her deep slumber. He smiles and silently watches the girl he was madly in love with you slowly move and up from her breathing. He extends his hand from under the warm covers and cups her cheek. He was still amazed that this girl he was excited to meet was peacefully sleeping in his bed.

It felt comfortable.

It felt like home.

Taeng tucks a piece of Tiffany’s soft hair behind her ear before continuing to gently caress her cheek. He feels Tiffany shift, appearing to wake up and retracts his hand. Immediately, Tiffany’s eyes slowly open. She blankly blinks realizing that it was morning time and stares straight into the blonde-haired boy's eyes. Taeng chuckles, adoring how the latter looked in the state of grogginess. He smiles at Tiffany who still had a blank look on her face. Tiffany yawns and widens her eyes to focus on the smiling boy. After regaining a bit more consciousness, she takes a deep breath and smiles.

“Good morning Tae,” She hoarsely croaked, her voice still not awake.

Taeng blushes to hear the huskiness in Tiffany’s morning voice. He shifts his gaze down to the space that was in between them as he felt his heartbeat out of his chest.

“G-good morning Miyoung-ah,” He stuttered as his nerves got the best of him.

Tiffany chuckles and felt herself adoring how cute Taeng looked when he was nervous. She shuffles her way through the comforter closer to the nervous latter and gazes at him with a grin on her face.

“Did I make you nervous Tae Tae?” She whispered in the same husky tone.

Heat rises to Taeng’s cheeks again as he felt his blush flush his whole body. He gulps and attempts to look into the latter’s eyes but to no avail. He looks back down again and internally sighs in defeat. How this girl still made him nervous was beyond him. Tiffany chuckles and engulfs herself against his chest. She snuggles against him as she continues to chuckle.

“You’re killing me…” Taeng exasperated, a small smile forming on his face.

He wraps his arms around Tiffany’s neck and hugs her tightly as he tries to control his fast-beating heart. He hears Tiffany chuckle against his chest and he laughs along with her. A comfortable silence falls between the two as they lay in each other’s embrace. Tiffany intently listens to the sound of Taeng’s heartbeat, feeling calm that she was surrounded in his warmth and love. She closes her eyes and lets the sound of his heart take her away. She felt in pure bliss that she was surrounded in Taeng’s presence; the warm from his arms, his heart beat matching hers, and his smell wafting her nose. She gazes up to admire the boy and felt her heart erratically beat out of her chest. Taeng felt her gaze and looks down to meet her. He sends a soft smile to which she reciprocates one back. He leans down to give the dark-haired beauty a soft yet passionate kiss. Tiffany blushes and shoves his face away, her cheeks tint with pinkness.

“Yah, I didn’t brush my teeth yet,” She explained, feeling embarrassed at her morning breath.

Taeng chuckles and quickly kisses her again which catches the flustered latter off guard.

“I don’t care,” He proudly retaliated with a wide grin on his face.

Tiffany blushes again and covers her face with her hands. How this boy still made her nervous was beyond her. Taeng laughs and pulls the blushing girl into his arms. He tightly embraces her and kisses her forehead.

“I love you Fany-ah,” He coos as he gently sways the dark-haired latter back and forth.

Tiffany felt tears verge as she became overwhelmed with emotion. The sincerity that came from the blonde-haired boy’s mouth flooded her as she still couldn’t believe the reality she was in. The fact she was laying here in Taeng’s arms, feeling him sway the both of them side to side while whispering sweet nothings to her ear. It was all magical and it all still felt like a dream. She felt the butterflies in her stomach escape as the longing words she constantly heard echo on her speaker echoed even louder now that she was in his presence.

Taeng hears Tiffany sniffle as he slowly looks down to see the tears streaming down her face. His eyes widen and he quickly pulls her up to his eye level.

“Tiffany, what’s wrong?” He asked worriedly as he wiped her tears with his thumbs.

Tiffany felt more tears fall as she gazed at the boy in front of her with so much love and emotion that she couldn’t figure out the right words to say. Taeng continues wiping her tears, his thumbs caressing her cheeks and gives her an assuring smile.

Without any hesitation, Tiffany cups his face and pulls him into a passionate kiss. Both their bodies feel light as they continue to express their emotions and their hearts beating faster every second. Tiffany pulls away from Taeng and takes a deep breath. They both stare into each other’s eyes lovingly before stealing another exciting kiss.

“I love you too Taeng.”

 

 

“Hey! Look who finally decided to get out of bed.”

Tiffany and Taeng cheekily smile as they meet Yul and Jessica who were happily standing in the kitchen. All four were still in their pajamas as they greeted each other good morning. Jessica was helping Yul with breakfast as she took out four bowls and neatly placed the stack on the counter. Yul stood by the microwave as he waited for the time to dwindle down on their reheated meals.

“I’m surprised you guys are up early,” Taeng teased as he walked over to the fridge, “Yul’s never up when it’s morning time.”

Yul sticks his tongue out while the two girls laugh at their brotherly gestures. Tiffany follows Taeng to the fridge to help as she took the drinks that were in his hand and places them on the counter.

“It’s the same with Jessica,” Tiffany chimed in, “No wonder you guys are perfect for each other.”

Jessica and Yul look at each other and blush, both shying away from each other after hearing the flattering compliment. Taeng and Tiffany chuckle and continue helping the other two prepare for breakfast. Umma was kind enough to pack up leftovers for them to eat and Tiffany and Jessica were more than excited to taste the kind woman’s delicious food again.

After all the food was reheated, Yul placed the side dishes and rice cooker on the counter. Taeng handed out the plates as well as chopsticks and gestured Tiffany and Jessica to grab their food first. They excitedly fill their plates with foods that no space of the platter was left untouched. Taeng and Yul chuckle as they watch their girlfriends happily skip to sit at the counter to consume their meal. Taeng and Yul make their plates afterwards and stand while they eat so they can be across from the latters.

As they eat, they lively chat, poking fun here and there, and comfortably falling into a pit of laughter. To all four, it still was a dream that they were all together enjoying each other’s company. Flashbacks of the four video chatting together sprung in their minds as nothing has changed between them. The bond was still as strong as ever and being closer only made it stronger.

As they start to dwindle on the last remaining bites of their food, the four grow into a comfortable silence. They take their last few bites and help clean up the counter to place the dishes in the sink. Taeng offers to wash with Tiffany assisting. He picks up the sponge and carefully lathers the cutleries with soap before handing it to Tiffany to rinse. Yul and Jessica gaze in awe at the playful couple at the sink who continued to tease and make jokes as they finished the necessary chore.

Jessica lays her head on Yul’s shoulder and sighs. “I still can’t believe we’re here,” She softly states.

She tenses up in shock feeling Yul snake his arm around her waist and pulls her closer. She gazes at the dark-haired boy who had a soft smile on his face. He leans and gently kisses her, sending shocks down both their bodies.

“I couldn’t be happier,” He cheekily replies which causes the blonde-haired beauty to blush.

 

 

Taeng turns off the sink as Tiffany places the last cup on the drying rack. She walks over to the hand towel that rested on the oven and wipes her hands. She gives it to Taeng for him to dry his hands and redirects her attention to the loving couple who were seated at the counter. Taeng places the towel back on the oven rack and stretches.

“So did you girls have any place you specifically wanted to go to?” He asked with a smile on his face.

Tiffany and Jessica look at each other with a puzzled look on their faces. They both sheepishly smile and look at Taeng who stares back in confusion.

“We didn’t really create an agenda or anything…” Jessica starts.

“We were just hoping to spend our days doing whatever we could come up with,” Tiffany finished.

Taeng and Yul chuckle seeing the embarrassed looks on the latter’s face. They gaze at each and shake their head.

“We had a feeling that was going to happen,” Yul confesses while chuckling.

“But no worries,” Taeng trails, “I’m sure we’ll think of something.”

The two beauties eagerly nod their head as the excitement of their winter vacation beginning was in full launch.

“Actually…” Jessica starts, causing the three friends to look at her in anticipation, “There is one place I would like to go to right now.”

 

 

“I knew we were going to the mall.”

Taeng chuckles hearing Yul’s comment as he watched the two girls' eyes sparkle gazing at the many stores ahead of them. The mall was packed with families and teens enjoying time off from their studies or work. Children ran around as parents tirelessly ran after them. Stores were advertising their winter sales as Christmas was just around the corner. For the four, it would be their first time spending the holidays together and their excitement was bursting out of their heads. It wouldn’t be their first time spending Christmas without their families as they all lived so far so having their lovers with them made their holiday spirits soar.

The four walk through the busy strips, hand in hand while happily gazing at the stores they walk by. Taeng lovingly looks as Tiffany pulled him along in excitement. His mind going blank as he couldn’t stop his focus on the girl in front of him. He awes at how her brown curls rested on her shoulders and how her simple outfit of ripped skinny jeans and pink blouse emphasized her curves. She was breathtaking and he couldn’t believe how lucky he was.

Tiffany looks back at the dazed boy and laughs. She pauses their steps and leans forward to kiss him. Taeng snaps out of his thoughts and blushes, completely taken aback by the sudden affection from the dark-haired beauty.

“Are you okay?” She asks; her hand squeezing his.

Taeng smiles and nods, he takes her face with his other hand and pulls her in for another kiss.

“You’re beautiful.”

 

 

 

“You do realize you might have to buy another luggage to take all this stuff home right?”

After what felt like an eternity, the girls had gone through an intense shopping spree. Each store they entered they did not leave empty-handed in which the bags ended up in the boy's hands to carry.

“Yah! We don’t have these stores back home,” Jessica argued as she handed Yul another bag.

Yul chuckles and shakes his head, “I know babe, but how many more clothes do you need?”

Taeng laughs along with the dark-haired boy and clasps his shoulders. He gazes at the two girls who had their arms crossed with crinkled brows.

“Give it up man,” Taeng defended, “There's nothing we can do but to accept it.”

The other three laugh at the dorky boy’s comment as they continue walking along the mall. The mall was starting to die down as people started to head home or tend to other chores. For the four, the adventure had only just begun. Tiffany and Jessica skip along when a jewelry store catches their attention. They quickly enter with the boys trailing behind. The shop was small but filled with jewelry that matched the girl’s style. Both had a gleam in their eyes as they gaze at each earring and necklace displayed all along the store.

Taeng watches as Tiffany pauses in her step while Jessica continued scanning the collection. He tilts his head as he notices the dark-haired latter intently staring at the glass box in front of her. He slowly approaches her and stands next to her. Tiffany was too focused as she didn’t notice Taeng’s presence beside her. Her eyes stayed glued on the sight in front of her. Taeng follows her gaze to a gold chained necklace with a diamond heart pendant. The necklace rested softly on the velvet display mat and glistened from the light. It was simple but elegant. His eyes widen as he shifts back to the dazed girl who lovingly stared at the jewelry. He felt his heart beat out of his chest as he felt his lips part.

“Miyo-“

“Tiffany! Look how cute these earrings are!”

Tiffany snaps out of her thoughts and directs her attention to the blonde-haired girl who frantically waved her hands to grasp her attention.

“Coming!” She replied before leaving the necklace to meet the latter.

The blonde-haired boy stares at Tiffany and watches as she approaches an excited Jessica. He gazes at the necklace that caught Tiffany’s eyes. He intently analyzes the chain and the pendant, how each crystal shined brighter each time he looked. He falls silent with his thoughts echoing in his mind. A picture of Tiffany smiling comes into his mind and how much he loved that girl. A wide smile forms on his face as his stare continues to linger on the piece that Tiffany’s heart was set on.

“I know what to do,” He says to himself before parting ways with the shimmering locket.