You're Mine

Love Through A Circle

If you haven't already, you guys should check out my other story. It's another TaeNy fanfic. 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/446716/push-and-pull-genderbender-taeny-taeyeon-tiffany

 

“You… What?” Taeng asked in awe, his eyes as wide as dish plates.

Tiffany chuckles, she gazes deep in his eyes and sends him another smile.

“I said... I like you too, Kim Taeng.”

 He couldn’t believe it, the girl he fell for felt the same way about him. He was struck with awe that he couldn’t think of what to say, he continues staring at the girl who could only giggle at how lost he looked. His mind was too warped on the words the girl just said.

“Yah Kim Taeng… This is embarrassing that you’re not saying anything back.” Tiffany teased, pretending to pout like a child.

 Taeng snaps out of his thoughts and gazes at the girl, he still couldn’t believe that this was happening. It all felt like a dream to him.

 “You… like me?” Taeng asked again dumbfounded for reassurance.

Tiffany laughs at how ridiculous the dorky boy was acting, “Yes Taeng! I’ve said it two times already…”

Taeng felt his lips curve up into a smile, his heartbeat speeds up erratically and the butterflies in his stomach burst out of their cage.

“Excuse me for a moment.” Taeng politely said as he started to get up from his chair.

Tiffany becomes clueless to the boy’s action and she could only watch him on the screen in confusion. Taeng takes a deep breath before politely excusing himself off the screen to the side of his bed.

“YES!” He yelled as loud as he can. His voice echoing throughout his room.

“She likes me! Tiffany Hwang likes me!” He punches the air in victory multiple times. He couldn’t contain his happiness, he had to let it out and the adrenaline was making him act wild.

Tiffany, on the other hand, tried her best to contain her laughter hearing Taeng’s outbursts but failed as she erupted in a fit of laughs. She continues laughing as the dorky boy keeps hollering of his happiness.

After settling down from the adrenaline and laughs, Taeng returns to his seat and takes a deep breath.

“Sorry about that…” He dorkily said, rubbing the back of his neck.

Tiffany chuckles and shakes her head, “Aigoo… You do know that even though you’re not shown on the screen I can still hear you right?”

 Taeng chuckles along with her and grins, “I knowwww. I just got a little excited.”

 The girl smiles and tilts her head to the side, “You’re so cute.”

Taeng wanted to yell in happiness again hearing the girl compliment him. His grin only grew wider knowing that the girl of his dreams felt the same way about him. He knew their relationship went from being friends to something romantic. He wanted to seize this opportunity and finally take the initiative to make the girl in the states officially his.

 “Tiffany?” He said softly, his smile piercing through the girls’ heart.

 “Yes?” She replied, showing him the precious eye smile he adores.

He sighs in happiness and he felt his heart skip multiple beats.

 “Does this mean…” He started to ask, reassuring that this wasn’t a dream.

 Tiffany bites her bottom lip, “We’re heading down a romantic relationship?”

She receives a nod from the boy in response. Tiffany takes a deep breath and recollects her thoughts, the atmosphere quickly changing between the two.

Over the past months, she’s indeed developed deep feelings for Taeng and she wanted to take their relationship on a deeper level but at the same time, many things were holding her back. She didn’t mind that they lived miles and miles apart from each other. To her, distance doesn’t matter, only one’s happiness does. But after suffering through a horrible relationship with Jay, she was afraid to trust. It scares her even more because Taeng lives in a different country. She’s not able to keep an eye on him and she’s afraid he won’t tell the truth. Would he cheat on her behind her back and lie about it? It hurts her to think it would be a possible event that might occur.

She bites her bottom lip in hesitation to answer Taeng’s question. Should she tell him how she really feels?

 Taeng notices the change in Tiffany’s attitude seeing that she has been quiet for some time; he softly gazes at her and tilts his head to the side.

“Are you okay?” He asked softly, quickly gaining the attention of the dazed brunette.

 Tiffany takes a deep breath before looking straight into Taeng’s eyes. “Can I tell you something?”

He quickly nods; his eyes showed his concern hearing the weak tone in the girls’ voice.

 “I like you Taeng…” She starts weakly, “But…”

 Taeng remains quiet as he waits for the girl to complete her sentence. He was starting to grow worried about what the girl was going to say next.

“I’m afraid…”

His eyes change from being concerned to compassion hearing Tiffany’s weak confession. He gently stares at her as she takes a deep breath and hangs her head low.

“Afraid of what Tiffany?” He asked softly.

Tiffany slowly lifts her head and looks at the boy with sad eyes, “After Jay…I’m afraid of trusting. It’s even more difficult because we’re so far apart… I don’t want my heart broken again…”

Taeng remains quiet after hearing the latter’s confession, absorbing all the new information in his mind.

He too, was afraid knowing that if he and Tiffany were to date it would mean they would have to take a lot of risks. Since he was cheated on as well, trust became an issue since his heart was severely broken. He wasn’t sure if he was ready to take the risks since they lived so far apart from each other. Or even ready to accept the challenges of a long-distance relationship.  

After taking time to think, Taeng takes a deep breath which snaps Tiffany out of her thoughts as well. They both gaze intently into each other’s eyes, neither one speaking.

Taeng sends a gentle smile before processing the words he wanted to say.

“Tiffany… I understand.” He started softly, making the girl remain quiet yet stare at him with hopeful eyes.

“I was afraid too… Afraid of trusting you with my heart.” He takes a brief pause and gazes down to his desk, “I was afraid that if I gave you my heart… You would break it carelessly like how Jieun did.”

 He softly chuckles, “But then I remembered… You’re not like Jieun at all.”

 Tiffany’s eyes slightly widen hearing the boy change into a livelier tone. She remains quiet as she watches the dorky boy look straight into her eyes and smile.

“You’re Tiffany Hwang. The most beautiful, smart, caring person in the world.” He tilts his head to the side, “I’ve realized that… life is about taking risks. And even if we are miles apart… I’m willing to take the risk of being with you and trusting you wholeheartedly because I know… that you’re not like the others.”

He reassuringly smiles, “I know you’re afraid Tiffany but… I’m not like Jay. You’re the only girl I want to be with and I promise you that you can trust me.”

Tiffany felt her heart beating out of her chest; she was stunned, struck and speechless. She couldn’t believe what she just heard.

Taeng finally takes a deep breath after confessing his true feelings and sends another smile to the dazed girl.

In all her years of relationships, not one boy has ever told her a heartfelt confession and truly meant it. She gently gazes at Taeng and just from the look in his eyes; she knew he meant every word he said. She takes a deep breath to calm her fast-beating heart and the butterflies flying frantically in her stomach. Her mind was warping of endless thoughts and they finally came down to a decision. She looks at Taeng with a gentle expression as her lips curve up into a genuine smile.

“Taeng… No guy has ever said such sweet words to me. Do you really mean it?” She asked for reassurance in a hopeful tone.

 Taeng smiles and nods, “I meant every word, Tiffany.”

 She felt her heart burst and her body felt as light as a feather. Her feelings were true and she knew her choice was right. She takes a deep breath and nods to the dorky boy.

 Taeng tilts his head to the side confusedly, “Why did you nod?”

She chuckles, “Because… I’m willing to take the risk with you.”

Taeng’s eyes widen but not long after, he smiles and stares affectionately at the girl.

“Really?”

She energetically nods and it only made Taeng happier.

He sighs happily, “Well then…”

Tiffany remains quiet as the boy continues staring deeply into her eyes. She felt her heartbeat speeding up and the anticipation was killing her to hear Taeng say the next words.

 He dorkily smiles and chuckles before opening his mouth to speak.

“Tiffany Hwang, will you be my girlfriend?”

Tiffany bites her bottom lip to contain how happy she was. Both the two teens stare deeply into each other’s eyes and share a bright smile. Taeng’s eyes brighten in excitement to hear Tiffany’s answer, he leans in closer to the screen with his eyes locked on the girl.

 “Yes, Kim Taeng.” She chuckles, “I would love to be your girlfriend.”