Countdown

Love Through A Circle

Hello readers! I know… it’s been 800 years since I’ve updated this story. I lost passion, drive, and I had to stop writing. But after a couple of months of contemplation; I logged on, read my story, and was touched at how much support it got. So, I am inspired, and hopefully can continue the magic and carry all the feelings you guys had while you were reading till the end. Much love to you guys, let me know what you think. -MusicIsAnElement

 

“Argh, why are the layovers so long?”

A busy Taeng was sitting in front of a computer, hastily clicking all over the webpage set on his screen; his eyes following the cursor as if it was fly buzzing around a room.

 “Who in the world pays for these types of tickets?!” He exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air out of frustration.

He had been searching for plane tickets for hours, but he couldn’t seem to find the perfect flight. Either the layover was too long, the price was over budget, or the arrival time would be too late.

Taeng sighs and looks down from the bright screen, feeling restless after straining his eyes for so long. He hears a chuckle from the side and he directs his attention to the dark-haired boy leaning against his doorframe looking at him with a smile on his face.

“Sounds like you’re having fun,” Yul sardonically said.

 Taeng chuckles and shakes his head, “Am I asking for too much here?”

The dark hair latter laughs, “Nah, you’re just playing with fire here. The holidays are the worst times to look at tickets because of everyone wanting to travel and meet their families.”

 Taeng sighs, “I just want Tiffany to arrive at a safe time and at a reasonable time, so we don’t waste any second she’s here.”

 “I get that man, don’t worry,” Yul said with a serious look on his face, “Here let me try.”

He walks over to Taeng and waits for him to get up from the chair. Taeng swiftly stands up and gestures Yul to sit down; he immediately sits at the edge of his bed and lies back to allow himself to rest from the constant searching. He listens to Yul as he types on the keyboard and scrolls through the webpage.

“Let’s see what we have here…” Yul muttered to himself, resting his chin on his other hand.

 Some time passes between the two, Taeng was enjoying the sounds of Yul typing on the keyboard to fill the silence in the air. As he falls into a trance of the typing, a smile grows on his face as an image of Tiffany appears before the ceiling above him. He couldn’t believe that he was so close to meeting the girl he had been waiting for. He begins to dream about what the days would hold for them when she arrives.

He imagines holding her hand as they walk around the mall, hugging her whenever she had done something cute, kissing her when he craved her lips, and finally being able to say those three magical words as he held her in his arms. He was lost in his thoughts and growing more excited that the day will soon come.

Yul turns around and sees Taeng smiling at the ceiling. He stifles his laugh and stands up from the chair, walking closer to the tranced blonde-haired boy, and hovers over him like a balloon.

“TAENG!” He yelled as loud as he could.

“AH!” Taeng screamed, shaking in bed out of fear that he had been struck from his thoughts.  

Yul falls to the ground, laughing with no sound coming out of his mouth and his face turning red.

“I’m going to kill you!” Taeng exclaimed, sitting up from the bed and holding his heart to calm down its rapid heartbeat.

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t help it,” The dark-haired boy said through his laughs, “I said your name so many times but you were lost in thought with that goofy smile on your face.”

Taeng grows red of embarrassment, he hadn’t realized that the latter had called out to him but his mind was so engrossed on Tiffany, he didn’t hear a word.

“Sorry…,” He sheepishly said, the tinge on his cheeks growing redder.

 Yul calms down from his laughing fit and stands up, taking a deep breath to calm his now erratic heartbeat from the humorous event that occurred.

 “It’s okay, I know you’re just excited that you’re going to see Tiffany soon,” He said with a soft smile on his face.

Taeng smiles back and energetically nods, happy that his best friend shares the same excitement as him.

“Anyways, come look, I think I found a great flight” Yul stated, pointing his finger to the screen.

Taeng stands up and follows Yul back to his laptop, watching as Yul clicks through the potential itinerary.

“What do you think? It’s in your budget, she’ll get here in the morning so it gives her plenty of time to rest and put her luggage away, and no stops,” Yul pointed out, explaining in deeper detail.

 Taeng eyeballs every detail of the trip, ensuring what the latter said was true and that everything looked legit. The smile that was on his face grows into a grin as he clasps Yul’s shoulder and squeezes it.

The dark-haired boy looks up at the grinning Taeng and chuckles.

“I take that grin on your face as a yes?” He asked.

Taeng looks down at him and chuckles, “It’s perfect.”

 

“Jess! Come on, we’re going to be late!” Tiffany yelled as she places a banana in her bag.

They had been staying up late to study for their upcoming winter semester finals causing them to miss their alarm and oversleep.

“Tiff, calm down. We’ll be fine,” The blonde beauty said groggily, dragging her feet out to the living room with her purse lazily hanging over her shoulder.

“We’re already 10 minutes late for class, it’s not fine!” Tiffany said as she grabbed her keys, “Let’s go!”

She pushes Jessica out the door and quickly locks their apartment before making their way to their cars.

“I’ll see you tonight okay?” The dark-haired girl said as she watches the latter open her car door.

 “Yep, see you then!” Jessica said as she waved goodbye.

They both pulled out of their driveway and started their way to their university.

 “Ugh, I can’t believe I slept through my alarm,” Tiffany groaned as she pulls up to a red light.

 She gazes at herself in the rearview mirror and sighs at her reflection.

 “I didn’t even have time to put on any makeup…” She softly said, suddenly not feeling like herself.

Her phone starts to ring and as the light turned green she quickly takes it out of her purse while keeping her eyes on the road.

“Did Jessica forget something?” She annoyingly said, as she quickly accepted the call without checking the name.

 “Hello?” She restlessly said, her eyes glued on the roads as she maneuvers through traffic.

 “Good morning Miyoung-ah!”

In an instant, her eyes widen hearing the voice she wasn’t expecting to hear.

“T-Tae?!” She expressed shockingly.

She hears a chuckle echo through the speaker.

 “Hi babe, am I calling you at a bad time?” Taeng said with a hint of guilt in his tone.

“N-no! Of course not baby, I’m driving right now and I didn’t check who answered the phone. I’m sorry, I slept through my alarm and I’m running late for class…. The worst time to do it during finals season,” Tiffany said exhaustedly, making the final turn to her university parking lot.

“Awh, I’m sorry Miyoung-ah. I know how that feels,” Taeng expressed, understanding how his girlfriend feels, “But don’t worry, school is almost over and soon you’ll be free!”

 Tiffany laughs hearing how cute her dorky boyfriend sounded on the phone. She pulls into a free parking spot in her university and shuts the engine of her car off.

“Thanks, Tae… I’m sorry, I have to go, I’m already late for class and I can’t afford to be more late,” The dark-haired girl apologetically said, feeling sad she had to cut the call between her and her boyfriend short.

 “It’s okay, I understand. But before you go can we video chat? I want to see your face,” Taeng said softly.

Tiffany felt her body stiffen hearing the question the latter asked. She didn’t have any makeup on and she knew she looked like a mess having overslept. She remains quiet on the line as she contemplated rejecting Taeng’s offer but feeling guilty if she did. She knew her boyfriend wanted to see her face.

“Tiffany?” Taeng said, not hearing a response from the latter.

Tiffany shakes her head from her thoughts after hearing her boyfriend’s voice on the line.

“Sorry,” She paused, “Yes we can.”

She presses the video chat button and waits for the black screen to load Taeng’s face. She holds her breath and begins to grow self-conscious as she expects the latter to be in shock at how her face appeared.

 As she sees Taeng’s face begin to load on her screen she closes her eyes to shield herself from seeing the expression on the latter’s face.

“Whoa,” She heard him say breathlessly.

Tiffany’s heart began to beat faster as she waits for Taeng to comment on her unattractive appearance. Her palms begin to sweat and what was only minutes felt like an eternity as she waited for the latter to continue his words.

“You look beautiful Tiffany.”

She slowly opens her eyes and stares at the blonde-haired boy who was smiling on her screen. She lets out a deep breath in shock and shakes her head.

“Really?” She softly said, a small smile growing on her face.

Taeng eagerly nods, “You look beautiful every day.”

 The small smile that was on the dark-haired girls’ face had grown twice as large, her stomach grew butterflies, and her heart panged out of her chest. She couldn’t believe that in times she felt so ugly, he made her feel so beautiful.

“You’re so sweet Taeng… I thought you were going to say I look like a mess,” She confessed, chuckling at herself for having such silly thoughts.

Taeng gasps, “Never! You’re beautiful no matter what and that’s the truth!”

Tiffany chuckles at the dorky latter on her screen, she sighs out of love, realizing how happy she was in that moment. She stares lovingly into the boy’s eyes as he stares back into hers. After a comfortable silence, Taeng chuckles which catches Tiffany’s attention.

“What?” She confusedly asked.

“You have to go, babe, you’re going to be more late,” He said, chuckling again.

Tiffany’s eyes widen, “You’re right! Oh my goodness.”

“It’s okay, thank you for letting me see your pretty face before you go,” The blonde-haired boy sincerely said, another smile on his face.

Tiffany smiles back, “Of course. Thank you for letting me see your handsome face.”

“Can we call when you finish your classes?”

“Of course!”

Taeng grins, “Okay, have a great day Miyoung-ah. I love you.”

Tiffany smiles, her eyes becoming the crescent shapes he adored seeing.

 “I love you too Tae, I’ll talk to you later.”

 They both blow each a kiss to each other before hanging up. Tiffany sighs of happiness; grabs her purse, and heads out of the car to her class.

Her smile from ear to ear as she has never felt more beautiful.

 “So, did you buy them?” Yul asked as he sat down next to the grinning blonde-haired boy on the couch.

“All done,” Taeng said with his eyes still fixated on the screen. “And the countdown begins.”

 

Thank you all for being so patient with me as I continue finding the groove to get back into writing. I hope this chapter made up for the wait. Hello if you're new and welcome back to those who have been with me since the beginning. Subscribe and let me know what you guys thought of the chapter. Until next time! -MusicIsAnElement