Pabo

We are Golden

 

Ding Dong.

The door swung open and both Changjo and Niel were greeted by a woman, a few inches shorter than them, with short, choppy black hair. A red bow was set on the side and her bright red lips contrasted sharply with her pale skin and dark hair. Her bone structure was sharp as was her gaze. She wore a khaki dress that reached just a little above her knees with white stockings.

“About time you got here,” she said. She quickly grabbed the grocery bags from Changjo before turning towards Niel. “You must be Niel! It’s nice to finally meet you!” Ricky stood aside and motioned for them to come in, and Niel couldn’t help but to glance over at her. “He’s been talking about you so much. I swear he should have brought you over sooner, but better later than never.” She rolled her eyes and walked further in, towards the kitchen. Both Niel and Changjo walked behind, Niel more confused than before.

“I’m sorry,” he said. “I didn’t catch your name.” Ricky turned and smiled before taking out the chicken and putting it in a pot.

“My name birth name is Changhyun, but I go by Ricky now. After today, legally as well, hopefully.” Ricky smiled and crossed her fingers as she smiled at them.

“I still haven’t told him,” Changjo said. Ricky looked over to Changjo before going over and smacking the back of his head.

“Pabo!” She yelled out as she hit him. “Pabo. Pabo. Pabo!” Changjo tried his best to block her blows, but she was faster. She finally stopped and gently grabbed Niel’s hand and led him to the living room. “Here sweety, you sit here. Let me just finish preparing the soup to cook and I’ll be back. Okay?” Niel just nodded, still confused. Ricky grabbed a hold of his cheeks and pinched the lightly. “You’re just a cutie, aren’t you?” She left and Changjo came in.

“She’s pretty,” said Niel. Changjo shrugged his shoulders.

“Yeah, I guess he is.” Niel looked over at him with a tilt of the head.

Ding Dong.

“Yah! Changjo! Answer the door!” Ricky’s yell echoed through the house causing Niel to jump from the volume.

“Stop being so loud!” Changjo yelled back just as loud, maybe even louder. Niel was used to that though, because he could get really riled up when they play soccer and he was losing. Of course Niel would only be louder since he was a singer; he had to be able to get loud. “You’re in the next room!”

“Just open the door!” Changjo shook his head as he stood and made his way over to the door. He looked through the peep hole, a habit that Niel always found amusing, even though he did so as well. It was just that, Changjo was the first person he met that would do so as well. Changjo pulled back and opened the door to reveal a man a little shorter than them with blonde hair and black pants with a white button up shirt.

“Come in, Chunji. I’ll bring the papers and some tea.” The man, Chunji, nodded and made his way into the living room. He sat in the chair opposite Niel and laid papers down on the coffee table. Changjo left into the kitchen leaving them both alone. An awkward air fell onto them immediately, but it seemed to only affect Niel as he brought bot his knees together and had them tilted to the side in a rather feminine way. He clasped both his hands together and twiddled his thumbs as he tried his best to not look over.

“I’m guessing you’re his secretary?” Niel looked up and was met with a smiling Chunji. His teeth looked rather big, but clean and white. He had a slight twitch in his eye with a flirtatious glint. Niel didn’t say anything. “You’re the one that picked up the phone yesterday?” Chunji tried asking again. Niel nodded, but still did not say a word.

“Oh, you’re rather quiet. Don’t worry your pretty little head, I don’t bite.” Chunji waved his hand off at him rearranged the papers before him. “So how long have you known Changjo? It must be a while for him to hire you as his secretary. That boy can be really troublesome at times. How long have you two been working together? Has he tried hitting on you? You know, like those romance dramas! I love those romance dramas. I wanted to be an actor when I was younger, but it never worked out. Anyway, you him, the mistress! Ooh! The affair with the secretary! A love affair! I wonder if he will-“

“Chunji,” Niel cut in. The other had been speaking nonstop, and Niel really disliked cutting people off for he saw it as rude, but he just had to cut him off. “I’m not his secretary.” Chunji made a small “Oh,” before nodding his head up and down. “My name is Niel.” Chunji smiled before a realization hit him and he was hitting the table repeatedly trying to focus.

“Do you know, um, Byunghun?! A short, skinny guy with unnaturally blonde hair who changes his hair color every week?” He called out with a snap of his fingers. Niel merely nodded. “So you’re the infamous Niel! Wait, you are Daniel, right?” Niel nodded once again. “Oh, so this is one of those drama romances!! So you still don’t know, well you must know now seeing as you are here. So how-“

“Chunji.” Chunji stopped talking and looked up to see Changjo walking in with two cups of tea. “Stop harassing him,” he said. He accepted his tea and took a sip before blowing. “Ricky will come in a few minutes. He’s just setting the rice to cook and putting the vegetables to steam.” Chunji nodded as he took another sip. Changjo made his way and sat next to Niel, making sure to leave some room between them. “Is everything ready?” Chunji nodded with a smile.

“Just your signature and Ricky’s is left, and we’ll be done!” He took another sip and Ricky came in.

“Finally!” She said as she sat in a different arm chair. They were in an arc, so everyone was visible. “Let me just get this over worth so we can celebrate!” She smiled as she grabbed the pen from Chunji and quickly signed her name. She passed the pen to Changjo and he quickly signed as well before handing it over to Chunji. Chunji smiled as he looked down at the documents while Niel just looked in between them in confusion.

“What did you two sign?” He asked. Ricky was the one to answer.

“Our divorce papers!”