Chapter 2 -Secrets-

The Case of Bloodless Girl

As Sehun was driving through the city, he went throught the conversation he had had earlier with Yuna, the victim's best friend. At times friends tend to know more about the victim than the family members so meeting her was essential. What can you tell me about Yoon-Ah? When was the last time you were in contact or saw her alive? He was fully aware these questions would bring tears to her eyes as she was forced to bring forth the memories of her late friend but as with every case, knowing the backrounds is important for the investigations to make progress.

"Do you know if she had a boyfriend or someone she fancied?"

"Hmm....not that I'm aware of, her parents were very strict about where she went and who she was dating. She was sort of daddy's girl and she didn't like it one bit. She was a free soul by nature."

"Hmm...Then do you happen to know if she owned a small sized laptop?"

"A laptop? Oh, yes, I remember she had one. She would always carry it around wherever she went. Now that I think about it, recently I often saw her at breaks writing on it while smiling and giggling to herself."

"Do you know what she may have written?

"No! Of course not, she kept it as her diary and a diary is sacret for every girl! Every girl has their secrets even among best friends."

"Well, I guess this it for now. Here's my card, please contact me if anything else comes up. Thank you for your time Miss Yuna."

"Detective!" It didn't take long before Yuna came running down the university stairs waving for Sehun to wait. "There's something I have been suspecting for a while, I think Yoon-Ah was writing messages to a guy.

"What made you think so? You just told me earlier she didn't have a boyfriend nor anyone she fancied."

"Not an official boyfriend! Listen, looking at the way she acted and from time to time she was spacing out being all dreamy. I have no idea who it was but she must have liked him a lot because she didn't even tell me about it. I think she feared that if anyone found out she may have been forced to break up."

"When did this start?"

"It hasn't been that long, I think it began about a month ago."

Sehun was closing in on the victim's home, it was fairly large white modern two-storey detached house with large glass windows covering most of the space. In addition there were multiple security cameras placed in various areas around the house as well as a high fence was built to keep uninvited guests away. I'd say that this is more of a fortress than a house. Sehun thought as he stepped through the front gate where he was welcomed by a committee of guards dressed in black suits.

"Detective, Mr Kim is expecting you in the study." Sehun was lead through a long hallway where the walls were covered with expensive artwork, then they crossed a fancy a dining room until they reached the study were the man in question was sitting behind his desk, reading some documents. Mr Kim was an influental business man who was known to support certain politicians only to advance his own benefits. The police was very much aware of this but Mr Kim knew unless they had solid proof of his shady dealings to support their theories, they could not prosecute him.  But despite Mr Kim's high status someone had had the nerve to attack him personally turning him into an even more dangerous person to deal with. Sehun was well aware of his client's unpredictable character but in order to find the missing clue he had to search the victim's home.

The victim was the daughter of a well-known business man which explains why she wished to keep her personal life a secret from most people. Yoon-Ah was having a secret relationship with Mr A so probably in fear of her parents finding out, they never met. This would match with Yuna's theory since according to her all they ever did was talk through the net because Yoon-Ah was preoccupied with studies and other extracurricular activities long to the night except for the night she was murdered. The question remains by who? And why? I'm sure Mr Kim has quite the list of enemies and rivals, perhaps they killed his daughter as a warning. Either way Mr A must play some part in this.

"So you're the new detective in charge, you're fairly young, aren't you?" Mr. Kim leaned over his desk and took off his glasses giving Sehun a firm glare as if to say he was dead serious about what was coming next.

"Your predecessor wasn't very capable so for your sake I hope you'll provide the answers I desire if you don't, your career might come to a sudden end. Now I'll ask you, which bastard killed my daughter, answer me."The first thing the man does is blackmail the new person in charge of the case, what a great first impression. He is threating me, yes, but how could he expect one to give answers even I didn't have?

"Mr Kim it is clear that you're shaken by your precious daughter's death but the case is not concluded yet and even if we had a suspect I do not have the authority to reveal such confidental information in the early stages of the investigation." The man didn't look surprised at Sehun's answer but not too happy either. After a moment of silence Sehun continued to the real reason he was there.

"Today the reason I'm here is to have a look at Miss Yoon-Ah's room to see whether there were any clues our investigators may have missed the first time."

"In other words your team has made no progress what so ever at all." Sehun could feel his muscles stiffen as the words sunk in. Ah, now I did it. I might not accually walk out here alive. This was undoubtedly not what he wished to hear. Not to mention this particular man doesn't think too highly of the law enforcement, after all the troubles the police has caused by snooping around, trying to find evidence against him. Giving Sehun an icy cold glare Mr Kim finally continued after a long anxious silence. With a snap of his fingers he summoned the guard.

"You, show him to Yoon-Ah's room and keep an eye on him since I don't want any more than necessary for the police OR detectives nosing around MY home.  Are we clear detective Sehun?"

"Yes, I appreciate your co-operation." Sehun gave a small polite bow and followed the guard sent to him. In case Sehun discovered something he wasn't meant to and had to make a run for it, he took note of his surroundings as he was lead to Yoon-Ahs room located in the east side of the building. The man walking before him had broad shoulders and overall strong build of a pro- wrestler. That didn't concern Sehun since he knew he could easily out run his opponent but the problem came with other issues such as every guard carrying firearms, high fence surrounding the building and automatic security system blocking any remaining  escape routes. No wonder my fellow colligues refused to assist this case. This is a ing snake's nest. No escape routes if something goes terribly wrong. Without a doubt Mr Kim is capable of making me disappear assuming he wants to get rid of me.

"Here we are. Make it quick, you have one hour." I suppose I'm not allowed to loiter around for any more than absolutely inevitable nor to take any objects that might contain valuable information, not to mention a missing laptop. Yoon-Ah's room was bright with two fairly large windows decorated with white curtains, there was also a drawer, bed and few bookshelves filled with novels and small decoration items. As Sehun searched the shelves the amount of vampire themed novels aroused his attention, there were just too many for it to be a coincidence. Fantasy novels mainly vampire themed, she must have been a fan of vampire stories maybe even enough to believe them. I guess these books were her only escape when she felt lonely. Sehun continued his seach for the missing diary checking every corner without success. If I were a girl where would I hide my diary? Perhaps a fake layer in the bottom of the drawer? No, that's too obvious her father would have found it by now. Somewhere were people don't normally look...or not. Maybe....Maybe she put it somewhere were it's very easy to see yet it blends perfectly with it's environment so people don't pay any special attention to it since it's there for everyone to see. Could it be, one of the books? He scanned the shelves looking for any exceptions or books large enough to conceal a laptop, yet no success. There's an empty space in the second shelf and it looks as if something's been removed but what is it. Sehun pulled out the picures taken by the other team sent earlier to investigate Yoon-Ahs room and went throught the details until he found the missing item. A DVD-player? Wait a minute. Just now when I went trough the contents in her drawer there were a screw driver set. Can it be?

"Your time's up. It's time for you to leave detective." Damn, I must have a look at that DVD-player and the only way I can get my hands on it is to face Mr Kim once more which I'd rather not...Althought he disliked the idea of meeting Mr Kim again, Sehun had decided to proceed with his plan even thought it was a gamble.

"I'd like to have a word with Mr Kim, there's something I need to discuss."

Mr Kim was still in his study, working on his laptop.  As he saw Sehun invading his office once more he shut his laptop and he stood up leaning to his desk.

"Detective, is there something wrong?"

"I noticed a particular object was missing from Miss Yoon-Ah's room."

"Missing? What are you talking about young man, could you be more precise?"  The atmosphere became heavy and edgy as Mr Kim questioned Sehun about his findings but that didn't make Sehun back down.

"Yes, I think there was a DVD-player on one of the bookshelves, don't you think? Do you know where it might be?"

"And what if there was?"

"In order for me to continue my investigations I need to have a look at ALL the objects found in Miss Yoon-Ah's room which were filed earlier in the search report. As you may know the law states you are not allowed to discard ANY evidence without necessary legal agreement or you might get accused for purposely disrupting and slowing down the investigation." You could see a shade of redness appearing on Mr Kim's face then it faded as fast as it had appeared.  Without blinking Sehun kept glaring the man before him. The elder narrowed his eyes while he slowly approached Sehun, inspecting him from head to toe.

"You're sharp, aren't you? Maybe even too sharp for you own good... " The man circled around Sehun then stopped right in front of him.

"It is my job to unveil the truth and catch the murderer."

"Have you ever considered working in the private section?" The man's face was now inches away from Sehun's.

"I have had no such intentions."

"Pity.... Very well, the player you speak of was old and broken, that's all there is to it."

"Even so it is filed as one of the objects. I'll be on my way as soon as I have the player, don't you think it's a fair deal. Of course I can comeback with a search warrant if required."

After a moment of heavy silence Mr Kim signaled his men to fetch the old DVD-player, evidently displeased over the fact he had to abide by Sehun's conditions but it was a small price to pay compared to having the house filled with investigators and policemen. The player was brought to Sehun who quickly scanned the device confirming it was untouched.

"Well I think this does it. I'll be taking my leave, Mr Kim it was a pleasure working with you." He gave a polite bow and made his exit. He was escorted all the way to the front gate before the guards left him alone. Obviously they were sent to make sure Sehun didn't take any detours while on his way out but he could care less about searching the house because he got what he came for, the missing clue.
 

 

------

 

It was quiet around the police department as many of the employees had ended their shift and gone home already but even so there were still few who continued their work. The lights were turned off while the two men studied the scanner picture revealing the concealed laptop inside the old DVD-player.

"What do you think?" Sehun asked as he walked to the switch to put the lights back on.

"It doesn't seem to be trapped but if you were to force it open it could break the laptop so I'd say it's better to proceed with care. Anyway it's good you brought it to me first, knowing your methods, the laptop would be long gone after your handling." The boy smirked before he pulled out his equipment and began working on the player removing the parts piece by piece. After 15 minutes he sighted as he viewed the results of his work, a small pink laptop was placed on the table.

"Who would have guessed there was a small laptop hidden inside. I admire the one who hid it, simply creative." The police department's IT specialist in training wondered while inspecting the laptop.  This person was the type who couldn't resist interesting challengies so he had accepted Sehun's offer without giving it much further thought. Sehun had met the boy few months ago when he joined IT-unit and soon became friends with him. They got along with each other rather well because both of them were fairly new recruits in the police department.

"So, you want me to crack the passwords, am I right?"

"Yes, as fast as possible if you may."

"In a hurry aren't you? Well not that it concerns me, let's get to work then. Oh, by the way if I may ask, whose laptop is this anyway? Some suspect's?"

"It belongs to a dead girl." The boy thought for a while before his eyes widened at the sudden realization.

"Don't tell me, you involved me in your recent case! Hey, I don't want to have anything to do with---"

"Sorry mate, I just did."

"---the Kims........I so hate you."

"I hate you too, now crack the passwords and I promise you, you won't be involved any further." The other glared trying to drill a hole on Sehun's face but soon he was facing the computer screen once again.

"Give me few minutes....Damn you Sehun....I'll end up getting killed because of you one of these days..." He mumbled as he started working his magic on the laptop. I'm sorry but you were the only one whom I could trust with this even thought I know you don't want to be involved in cases including association with dangerous people such as Mr Kim. Sambyul has also been keeping an eye on me ever since I took over the investigation. With him lurking around I don't know if I can trust anyone within this department. Until the problems are solved I prefer keeping the people involved to the minium and what comes to my findings I think it's better to keep them a secret than have Sambyul nosing around.

"There, happy now?"

"Yes. Oh, and before you go. Don't tell anyone about this. If someone asks you were trying to fix my DVD-player. Okey?" Sehun grabbed the boy's shoulders and tightened his grip showing a wide smile which in reality meant "If you dare tell a soul about this I'll know where to find you". At times like these Sehun could be scary.

"FINE but you owe me big time, get it. Can I go now or is there more surprises?" He pouted while tapping his feet under the table impatiently and folded his hands over his chest.

"Yeah, you're free to go just remember what I said." The other stood up and headed to the door mumbling to himself, then he turned back to face Sehun, reminding the other of his promise.

"You'd better keep your promise or I'll return to haunt you." He grinned while throwing daggers at Sehun.

"Thanks man, I'll offer you lunch next time." Sehun was left alone in the IT-unit's room which rarely had any visitors since it was labeled as the wussy unit who never had to work on the field. It didn't take long before Sehun was completely focused on reading the diary entries one by one.

14th May 2014.

"I met this mysterious man while in Gangnam district as I was waiting in my usual cafe for the car sent to fetch me from my cram school. He was quite tall, blonde hair and shiny blue eyes. He wore fine clothes as if he was going to a high class party or something. It was truly a sight, I couldn't help but to stare. I thought he'd get annoyed at my staring but instead he gave me the most charming smile I had ever seen."

As Sehun read more of the diary entries few things were brought up consistently, Gangnam district, always meeting at night and his mysterious behaviour as if carrying a heavy secret. What also piqued his interest was the fact that there wasn't any leads of their internet nor phone contacts. It was as if the man didn't exist other than in Yoon-Ah's diary which could be easily interpreted as a silly girl's dream. The man must have known the risks and knew it was best for him to remain hidden. In the last entry from the day she died she wrote about helping the guy because he was in dire need of something very particular.

"Today I received a message from him telling me to meet him tonight. He told he was in some short of trouble so I offered to help to him. I'd do anything for him and I'll definitely keep his secret. Wanna hear it? He's no ordinary guy, he's a vampire."

A Vampire? Damn, even thought she was smart she was totally being lead by the nose by this guy. He really seems to know what the ladies want but a vampire, that's a bit too thick. It must have been a very convincing act. Despite the few odd parts in the story the pieces were finally coming together, now all Sehun had to do was to find this dandy "vampire" in the description. He was the key to solve this case and the prime suspect to the murder of a young lady. Her description of the guy, his apperiance and acting fits the image of a host from those fancy host clubs in Japan. But I don't think there were any in Gangnam unless they run the business in secret. It's normal for a host to move around and try to pick up customers from the streets. What could be a better location than a popular fashion street filled with young ladies with loads of money in their wallets.

"The club where he is working must be located somewhere in Gangnam area...."

 

-------

 

 

W/N:

The second chapter is out! What do you think? Sehun is going to have a hard time finding this mystery guy claiming to be a vampire. I can tell you that the next chapter is going get more intense as Sehun is getting closer to the truth. There's going to be tough situations where he has to use all his tricks to survive.

I'd love to hear your opinions about what will happen next. I have pestered Vapaajalka enough with my questions so I thought maybe I should try asking you, my fellow readers.^^

Sry about my grammar at times, I'm trying to improve my English. My writing is also rather slow since I don't have as much free time as I'd wish to have. xD