Chapter 35

Living A Double Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A satisfied sigh slipped past your lips and you scooted closer to the fireplace. “Make sure not to catch a cold.” Daehyun dropped a towel over your wet hair and you huffed at him.

“And who was the one who decided to throw me into the pool?” You took the towel and dried your hair. Waving his hand, he gestured for you to go towards him. While giving him a suspicious look, you scooted to where he was. He took out a thick blanket and wrapped it around the both of you. He then took the towel on your head and started to dry your hair for you.

He felt you reaching towards his hand but he stopped you. “Let me.” Somehow, Daehyun did not really sound like himself so you dropped your hand, letting him do as he pleased. It was the first time he was drying your hair and you felt uncomfortable at first because no one has ever helped you do so. But as seconds past, there was this special emotion stirring inside you. “I’m sorry.” He suddenly said and you wanted to look at him but he forbid you from doing so by making sure you did not move a muscle.

“Why are you being like this? You are scaring me.” You told him.

Letting out a sigh, he removed the towel on your head and took out his comb, gentling running the comb through your hair to untangle them. “You already have a lot of unhappiness in your life even before you joined SilverFalcon. And I could be the one who lessened them when I found out you were my sister. Instead, I did not tell you and continued life as if nothing happened. If I did then maybe you would not need to suffer so much. If I did then maybe you would have the feeling of family sooner. If I did then maybe I could dry your hair back when you were a kid.”

“Stop stop stop stop stop!” You placed your hands over his moth to make him stop talking. “Oh my God, are you an idiot? Firstly, what’s past is past. Let’s stop thinking about those unhappy memories okay? And secondly, I did feel the feeling of having a family years ago because B.A.P is my family.”

Before you could say anything else, Daehyun removed your hands and engulfed you into a hug. “I promise that no matter what happens, I will always be by your side. I will never let you be alone again.”

Hearing those words, you were touched and wanted to hug him back but decided to be cheeky instead. “You sound like you are confessing to me instead.” Daehyun quickly pulled away from you and hit the back of your head. “Yah! That hurts!”

“Yah? I’m your oppa.” He pinched your cheeks, making you look like a hamster. You stuck out your tongue at him and he laughed, seeing how cute you were. Although he knows that you were joking, he was actually quite grateful. He was never the type to talk about all of this mushy stuff and it was like you were saving him from embarrassment.

While the both of you were bickering, Yongguk was leaning against the kitchen door, observing you. In his hands was a brown envelope that he sneakily gotten from Lee Yong. “Are you sure this is what Ri asked him to check?” He shifted his attention to Jongup and the younger male nodded.

“I’ve also checked that Lee Sungjong is being constantly protected by BTS’ men. It seemed like Ri knew everything even before she came back to us.”

Himchan took a mouthful of water while listening to the both of them talk. It was strange why you were willing to put yourself in so much danger just because of Sungjong but then again, he does not fully understand your relationship with the rest of Infinite. “They need to know the truth soon. After all, L already knows everything, right?”

“Everything except the background story of their parents. And I think Ri wants to be the one who tells them the truth instead of us.” Yongguk told him and Himchan let out a sigh.

“It seems like she is not going to tell them anytime soon. We need to be prepared, Guk. What if NJ suddenly attacks us, or even worse, they attack us too because they know that we know about their relationship with Lee Sungjong?”

Jongup shook his head in disagreement and his hyungs looked at him. “I don’t think NJ would be stupid enough to come here and attack us. Either way, attacking any member of SilverFalcon is like declaring war because we know that they know about Ri. But about them, I am pretty sure something big will happen.”

“Then we would need to get all the help that we can get.” Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter