The Gentle Man: Meeting

The Gentle Man

"You have to go to this, man! It's like the in the town! Jiyong, Jiyong, Jiyong-ssi! Come on, man. There will be hot chicks, cold drinks, and music you can groove to!" Taeyang kept shaking me while my focus was more on the television and my can of soda. "No one says groove anymore, Tae." I laughed, my eyes still on the TV. "Yo, man. I don't care!" he exclaimed as moved to stand in front of the TV, covering most of it with his body while flailing his arms around. "Tae, with all due respect, it's not really thing." I looked at him, hoping he understands that I'm speaking the truth. "Ji, dude, you're going to live a lonely life if you keep your on that couch doing nothing but being a good and innocent man to the world. You gotta break the rules sometimes. Be a bad boy, alright?" Taeyang chuckled.

For the past hour, my bestfriend in the world has been trying to convince me to go to a club. I honestly haven't been in one because I have never been interested in the idea of women dancing against my body, or vice versa. I prefer to meet each other more properly, like bump into one another, not dance or grind against one another. My physical appearance just wasn't fit for the club scene either. A little bit too slim, brown eyes, a buzzed cut black hair, 22 years old and I was an average height. People might look at me more as a nice guy than a party kind of man. I've heard stories, of course. Just a year ago, when Taeyang was 21 years of age (yeah, we're the same age), he was so drunk that he vomited while kissing a random girl. Anything can happen on the dance floor. I was not prepared for any of those disastrous outcomes.

"No, thank you. I'm not interested." I repeated in a gentle manner.

"One night. Just one night. If you don't like it and you feel bored, we'll go home, and I will never go to bars or clubs again. You're my bestfriend. We're supposed to be doing fun things together. I'll be your best man who'll stay beside you. Okay? Just one night we'll go. Tonight, that is. Deal?" he begged, reaching out for a handshake, a sign of an agreement.

One night. It won't be that bad, right? I looked at his hand. "Deal." I said, shaking his hand with a small grin on my face. What am I doing? What am I about to get myself into?

It's 12:30 am and I got dressed up. I decided to wear a simple outfit; a pair of dark blue jeans, a crewneck long sleeved sweater, and a pair of Converse. I looked at my reflection at my bathroom mirror as I fixed my hair. I look comfortable. I feel comfortable. What do you usually wear when you're going out clubbing at the middle of the night? A club is the only place where a man is concerned of what to wear because they want to attract a woman, or possibly women. In my case, I just want to try this club thing out. If I fall, if I embarrass myself, if I become humiliated, I'll be patient. I won't explode and have a tantrum. That's just not me at all. If I fall in love tonight, well... that's just something I wouldn't know how to handle.
 
"Jiyong-ah!" Taeyang knocked on my bathroom door. "You ready, man?" he loudly asked.
 
"Yeah, man! I'll be there!" I yelled back, putting a small grin on my face. "This is will be fun. I'll make it fun for my own benefit." I whispered to myself, and walked out the bathroom.
 
"Attaboy!" Taeyang laughed while patting my back excitedly.
 
Taeyang told me to go to the club on separate cars. His face was blank, but I knew the true reason. He was going to get it on tonight, and having a friend at the back of the car will just make the atmosphere even more awkward. I understand his point of view. I smiled to myself while driving my black car. The simple thought is hilarious.
 
We entered the club separately as well. I have my ID, don't worry. The bouncer looked at my ID then examined my face. With a broad smile, he let me in. "Enjoy your evening, Mr. Kwon," he said. "Thanks." I responded kindly, walking in the dark building. It was dark and extremely loud, obviously. Although random colored lights are hitting random corners, my eyes were still not used to this atmosphere. In one spot, which dominated the center of the club, was a titanic group of people dancing to the upbeat music. Fist pumps, Gangnam Stylin', there's one person who's doing a weird dance move but I think the guy was trying really hard to perfect the dougie, some couples smiling widely to each other and being silly, and others are trying hard to be y by flashing men with a gaze that says "Come dance with me." On the other corner of the club, there were a plenty of stools and tables to eat, drink, and just chat with your girlfriends and buddies. The sight of young women whispering to each other and giggling makes me shiver. I don't know if that's a good sign or not. I just went and sat on a stool at the liquor bar. "What's good?" I sighed while asking the bartender
 
I felt heavy hands on my shoulders. "Hey, Ji!" a low voice exclaimed excitedly. It was Taeyang. There's something specific about his voice that immediately enables me to know it's him. "I want you to meet someone!" he shouted. Our surroundings were loud, especially the people and the music. "What did you say?" I shouted back. I could barely hear what he said. It sounded more faint. "Go! Meet! Someone!" he signaled me with his hands. The bartender then hands me a beer. I quickly held it, and nodded at the bartender as a sign of thankfulness. Taeyang interrupted, "Man, I want you to meet some ladies first, okay? Then you could drink with them!" he put his arms around my shoulder, making me stand up and walk with him.
 
"Hey, ladies!" Taeyang sweetly said to a crowd of women that seemed like they were the same age as us. There were about seven of them all lined up horizontally, more like a semi-circle. "This is my buddy, Jiyong-ssi!" he said loudly for others to hear. "Treat him well, okay?" he smiled. "Okay, Tae!" the women said sweetly in unison. "Aight, bud. Good luck," Tae whispered to me and winked, then walked away to be with a girl.
 
"What's your name again?" a girl stepped up, twirling her finger around a few strands of her own hair.
 
"How old are you, lover boy?" another winked at me.
 
"I heard BIGBANG's G-Dragon had a cute haircut; other half is blonde and the other is black. Mm, grow your hair out a little, and you'll be hotter than him," another bit her lip while looking at my hair.
 
"Ooh! I can totally imagine that on him!" three girls agreed happily. I slowly touched my hair. I like the way it is right now. I like it simple.
 
"How about we take this somewhere more private, hmm?" another girl got a grip of my collar, slowly pulling me to her.
 
"Hey! Be gentle! Taeyang said we should take care of him. He's precious," a girl broke us apart, and she giggled to herself after what she said.
 
"I-I... I think I'm fine by myself, girls. No need to act like a parent to me." I smiled. All of them were literally surrounding me. I need some space to breathe air, not strong feminine perfume. I tried to step aside and move away from the crowd, but then I hear--
 
"ASK ONE OUT! ASK ONE OUT! ASK ONE OUT!" Taeyang and a bunch of my other guy friends came closer to me and chanted loudly.
 
"One night. Just try. It'll be worth it," Taeyang whispered; it was loud enough that I'm the only one who could hear what he said. He grinned. "Come on, ask someone out," he said. "ASK ONE OUT! ASK ONE OUT!" the boys chanted. Under pressure, I pulled a girl out of the crowd. "Oooh, !" one guy said excitedly. I looked at the girl. She was young, probably the same age as me, she had dark hair, and coincidentally, we're almost about the same height. I opened my mouth, "H-Hi. Wanna have a drink with me?" I stuttered. She giggled, "Sure!"
 
"BOO-YAH! AND BINGO WAS HIS NAME-O!" Taeyang shouted while looking at me and the girl. "SHOTS ARE ON ME, EVERYBODY!"
 
"Come." I smiled, signaling her to follow me. It was too dark in there, so I thought it would be better to talk outside. Once we were out, I took a deep breath and sighed heavily. I turned to her, and the street lights hit her face just perfectly. Beautiful, I thought to myself. She's beautiful. I felt that she was looking at the way I was so relieved of being outside. "It's better out here, huh?" she asked. "Yeah. Yeah, it is way better." I said with a grin, closing my eyes once again to breathe in the fresh 2 am air. "My name's Kwon Jiyong. Call me Jiyong or Ji. And yours?" I grinned. "Park Sandara but you can just call me Dara. It's better when it's simpler," she said with a small, innocent smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you." I held out my hand for a handshake. "You, too," she took my hand and shook it. "How... how old are you again?" I asked. "20 years young. Why? Do I look too young to go clubbing?" she laughed. The fact that I could see her face better now, she does look young, like she's still in her teens. Her pale white skin shows that. "Yeah... kinda. haha," I chuckled nervously. She came closer, examining my own face this time. "You're not bad yourself," she crossed her arms, still smiling. "I see a little similiarity with G-Dragon here," she giggled. "Ha! The girls in there fangirled about it." I laughed, pointing at the club. "Even though I was physically part of that fangirling group of crazy girls, I don't think the same way they do." she said, looking around the empty road.
 
"Dara, have a drink with me." I blurted, grinning. I guided her to my car and opened the passenger car door for her.
 
She just smiled and accepted my kindness. "You're weird, and awkward, but a gentleman. You're a keeper, Jiyong."
 
I went in the driver's seat, an drove to my apartment. Is this love at first sight? How am I supposed to handle such a pretty woman at my place? If I fall in love tonight... well, that's just something I wouldn't know how to handle.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Author's note: Whew! That was crazy! This chapter was a little rushed. So, please comment if I have any grammatical or spelling errors. Reviews are always welcome! Thank you!
 
What do you think will happen next between Dara and Jiyong? Comment your thoughts!