Black Cat (Sol)

Soul Catchers

 

“Hi Dara.” I spoke to my cat as I walked into the apartment I lived in.

 

“Did you have a good day? Did you miss me?” Dara turned her head back and forth, scanning the area.

 

“Don’t worry, no one’s here.” She looked at me in the eyes. “I’m serious, Dara! No one will hear you!”

 

“What made you so late? I was starting to worry about you. I was extra-cautious about talking just in case you ended up bringing that boy here. Don’t wanna blow my cover, you know?” Dara said as she hesitantly walked out of her cage.

 

“You don’t have to worry about that type of thing happening anytime soon.” I said, sitting down on the couch. Dara sat down next to me.

 

“Why? What happened? I thought you had a good feeling about this guy.”

 

“I did, but then his friend showed up and he started saying stupid stuff like ‘We aren’t friends’ and I decided to give up.”

 

“Lies. Why would anyone not like you? And what do you mean you decided to give up? You never give up!” Dara looked at me, confused.

 

“I don’t know why anyone would dislike me, but I don’t think that’s the case with him anyways. I think it just had to do with his friend.”

 

“And what about you giving up?”

 

“Don’t worry about that. I’ll never give up. I just decided not to push him any further than I already did. I was too scared that I would annoy him.”

 

“I understand. Back when I was human, I really liked this guy. We went to school together. I really wanted to date him, so I talked to him as much as I could and tried to build up a friendship.”

 

“And?”

 

“And it turned out that his friends thought I was some freak. I overheard him talking to his friends about how he ‘didn’t actually like me’-but I knew he did and stupidly yelled that he was lying.”

 

“Wow…”

 

“Needless to say, that blew his cover, wrecked our relationship, and the rest is history.”

 

“Which life was that?” I asked.

 

“Hey! That joke isn’t funny anymore. You make me feel so old.”

 

“But seriously! Which life was it? Your 8th?”

 

“For your information, I’m only on my 3rd life and that was my 2nd one.”

 

“How did you become a cat in the first place?”

 

“Come on Sol, you already know this story!”

 

“Hey, I’m tired and I need a good bedtime story. Please Dara!” I looked at her with my puppy dog eyes.

 

“Gosh! You’re scaring me! You know how much I hate dogs!” Dara squealed in disgust.

 

“Just tell the story again!” I demanded.

 

“Fine! Should I hop off the couch?”

 

“No. Just bring the blanket over and cuddle next to me.”

 

“Ok.” Dara said as she walked over to pick up my favorite blanket. She opened wide, bit the blanket, dragged it over to the couch, and jumped on top of me to spread it out.

 

“Ah-Aaaaaccccckkkkkk!” Dara screamed, choking on something.

 

“Dara! You okay?”

 

“Heh-heh-hairball.” She said as she coughed it up. “YUCK!” She scrunched up her face to show her disgust. “There are some things about being a cat that I can never get used to.”

 

“Understandable. Now, the story.” I squirmed around, trying to get comfortable.

 

Dara settled herself on my shoulder as she began her story.

 

“I was born normal, just a typical human being. That all changed when I turned 15. This cat-ghost-demon hybrid showed up at my house one day after school. I don’t remember much other than it clawing at my heart and me waking up later with thread embedded in my skin. I assume the creature performed some type of demonic surgery on my heart and stitched me up then and there before I woke up. I was amazed I didn’t die, until I realized I was in a cat’s body. At first, I could shape-shift back and forth between cat and human, but my ability to that slowly went away as my life went on. Let me explain more. I died after the demon came, but I became a cat-human so I was reborn again. That was my 2nd life. I died and now I’m back for my 3rd life with you.”

 

“Who am I kidding? This is a horrible bedtime story!” Dara said, coming to a realization. She waited for a response, but I was already asleep. 

-------------------

It's short but...3rd chapter! WOOT WOOT! I've changed the font and font color on the previous chapters. Everything's consistent now :D

Another new character has arrived in the form of Sol's talking cat, Dara!

Can't you just imagine Dara as a black cat? Maybe it's just me...

BONUS PICTURES OF DARA AS A CAT (Credits: Me) :

 

OMG SHE LOOKS SO CUTE

-Abbee