Mystery Girl (J)

Soul Catchers

How everything happened is still confusing to me. Who is Sol? What secrets is she hiding? It’s weird and unnatural, the way she endured such pain and didn’t lose consciousness or even die. I really hate not being able to understand things from a logical point of view. I’m a perfectionist. I can’t stand things that have no logic behind them.

 

Who is the real Sol?

 

I find myself stopping the bike to look at her sleeping face.

 

She’s really beautiful when she sleeps.

 

NO. STOP JEONGMIN.

 

Who is this girl? What is she doing to me? I can’t like her. I can’t be her friend. I can’t fall in love with her.

 

Why am I even thinking that far? This girl is affecting my brain in ways I can’t understand. I guess that’s the real issue here.

 

The ride back to where I live was long and tiring. The added weight of Sol leaning on my back wasn’t too much, but it was enough to make the trip harder.

 

Dang, this girl can sleep.

 

I contemplated waking her up, but I don’t want to hear her voice. I can’t fall under her spell again.

 

“JEONGMIN!”

 

Huh? Who’s screaming my name?

 

“YAH! LEE JEONGMIN YOU LITTLE-“

 

I turn around just in time to hear Sol shout in my ear. “SHUT UUUUUPPPPPP! I’M TRYING TO SLEEP HERE!” I yell back at her “It wasn’t me!” Sol gets annoyed now “Well, who was it then?”

 

I’m just as confused as she is. “I don’t-” I’m cut off by my friend, Donghyun, who is now walking towards me.

 

Donghyun screams at me. “YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHO I AM LEE JEONGMIN!”

 

“Sorry Hyung! I didn’t realize it was you.” What’s HE doing here?

 

“Are you coming home or what? We don’t have time for this!” Donghyun nags at me.

 

“I had a little acci-” I’m cut off once again by Donghyun. “Who’s SHE?”

 

“My name is Lee Sol. I’m Jeongmin’s friend from school!” Sol says brightly. Why is she so happy?

 

“FRIEND?” Donghyun looks angrily in my direction.

 

“We aren’t friends.” I say plainly.

 

Sol looks at me with a mixture of confusion and a little bit of sadness. You’re a jerk, Lee Jeongmin.

 

 I look down at the ground to hide my shameful face.

 

“He’s right.” She says, glancing at me and then directing her eyes towards Donghyun.

 

“Huh?” I look up.

 

“We aren’t friends.” What is she doing?

 

“I hurt my ankle on the way from the bus stop and I made him take me home on his bike. I’ll be going now.” Sol says, getting off of her bike.

 

Isn’t she still hurt?

 

“Sol!” I exclaim as she takes her first step off of the bike. I expected her to wince in pain…but she didn’t.

 

She successfully gets off of the bike. How is that possible? She was crippled not too long ago. I scan her body and notice the scars and cuts are gone. The bruises are still there though. Did I miss something?

 

Sol starts to walk away. She stops and turns around to face me. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Lee Jeongmin” She doesn’t wait for a reply. I don’t give her one. I just stare at her backside in awe.

-----------

Short chapter, but I like it :D

New character! What is Donghyun's issue?! Weirdo...