Chapter 7: Bilby, snacks and whispers

The Farming Days

 

 

- The Farming Days –

Chapter 7:

Bilby, snacks and whispers

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri holds the door for Sunny as they enter the restaurant, seeing Sooyoung talking on the phone, handing menus to a couple who were waiting next to her before she waved them through to the dining area.

 

“and 1 Mariana. Everything is correct? Well your total is 25.65, Cash? It will be delivered soon, Thank you for calling Starlight restaurant. Oh, hey Sunny how are you this evening? Yuri, right?”

 

“Hey Sooyoung, busy night.” Sunny observed, walking up to the flustered head waitress.

 

“Good to see your eyes haven’t worsened in old age Sunny, what’ll it be tonight? The usual Ravioli and Veal Marsala?”

 

“Surprisingly, no, tonight will be a Chicken & Spinach Manicotti, Fettuccine Alfredo and... What would you like Yuri?” Sunny asked Yuri who quickly began perusing the menu.

 

“Chicken Basil Pesto Pasta looks good.”

 

“Sure is, Yoona is great at all of these.” Sooyoung replied

 

“Hmm, you would say that, wouldn’t you Sooyoung.” Sunny teased.

 

“Well I like it here, except for some of the more annoying regulars.” Sooyoung poked her tongue out at Sunny and Yuri laughed at the two.

 

“Aren’t you going to give our order to Yoona?” Yuri asked as the two continued to bicker.

 

“Oh she’ll be out soon, no doubt she heard the high pitched cry of this shorty.” Sooyoung stated, giving Yuri a quick wink.

 

“UNNNNNNIEEEEEEEEE” Yoona said, running out of the kitchen and jumping on top of Sunny.

 

“Argh get off me!” Sunny said, trying to pry the tall woman off her, even when her arms weren’t pinned, the taller woman generally had the advantage.

 

“Where’s Hyoyeon Unnie is she hiding from me?” Yoona asked with her cute tone as she started looking around Sunny, pushing her side to side to make sure Hyoyeon wasn’t behind her. “Or are you hiding her from me somewhere else?” Yoona asked, pulling Sunny’s coat up and looking at the white shirt underneath.

 

“Yoona quit it.” Sunny whined, fighting to keep her jacket down against Yoona’s ticklish hands.

 

Yuri stepped behind Yoona and pulled her away from Sunny, locking Yoona’s arms tight, pulling the protesting woman away. Yuri held her as Sunny walked over and began hovering her hands over Yoona’s belly.

 

“Don’t you dare Unnie.” Yoona whined as Sunny’s hands began to dance over Yoona’s sides, drawing out great big guffaws from the normally composed woman, who tried to wiggle away from the tickling, but Yuri held firm, laughing at how her employer was treating Yoona.

 

“Do you guys ever want your food?” Sooyoung asked, watching her employer be victimised and helping as much as she could bring herself to.

 

Yuri felt the hunger pangs kick in her stomach and lifted Yoona up, spinning her away from Sunny before releasing her.

 

“Aww Yuri, I never get revenge on Yoona!” Sunny whined as Yoona scampered away.

 

“Well I’m hungry.” Yuri replied, fingers curling at the pitch Sunny adopted. Yuri walked over and wrapped an arm around Sunny’s shoulder. “We’ll get revenge another day, OK?” Yuri promised, as Sunny looked up at her with bright eyes.

 

“Really?” Sunny inquired with a smile, wrapping her arm around Yuri’s waist as she looked up at the woman standing by her side.

 

“You two need a room?” Sooyoung inquired with a laugh.

 

“Just give Yoona our order already Sooyoung, I would like to eat this calendar month.” Sunny retorted as they walked over to the waiting bench while Sooyoung left to place their order.

 

Yuri sat next to Sunny and stifled a yawn, watching the crowded restaurant and all the people inside enjoying their food. Sunny tapped a tune out on her own knee and Yuri picked up her hand suddenly, turning it over and admiring it.

 

“You’ve got such soft hands, Ms. Lee, what’s your secret?” Yuri inquired, drawing small circles on her palm as she enjoyed the suppleness of the skin, along the lines in Sunny’s palm.

 

“Just moisturizer, I like to take care of my hands. My Grandfather had these terrifying hands, burnt and leathery, and so calloused.” Sunny replied, enjoying the feeling of Yuri’s light touch as they waited.

 

“Yeah, my Uncle had rough hands too. One of the perils of farm work I suppose.” Yuri wondered, looking at her own hands and the marks and pocks of a life earned working outdoors. “I think I’ll have to take better care of these.” Sunny looked at the outstretched hands attached to Yuri’s arms, she overlaid her own pale hands and admired the contrasts in skin tone, texture and length of their fingers.

 

Sunny smiled, wondering why there was a thin pale line on Yuri’s left hand ring finger, she considered bringing it up, but felt she’d pried enough for one day.

 

“But you’ve clearly done a great job in taking care of yourself.” Yuri chanced a quick look at Sunny at the statement, watching the woman’s ears go a light pink.

 

“Stop, you’ll make me blush.” Sunny joked, bumping Yuri lightly with her shoulder.

 

“That would be a terrible reason to stop, and I’m sure you’re very pretty when you go all red in the face.” Yuri teased earning a gentle slap on the leg from Sunny and the hand rested there.


 

“Hahaha, I’ll let you decide for yourself if you manage to make me blush.” Sunny replied with a laugh, giving a light squeeze to Yuri’s leg, the skin was full of goosebumps at Sunny’s sudden touch.

 

“That sounds like a challenge Ms. Lee.” Yuri whispers into Sunny’s ear and gasped as Sunny’s hand squeezed tighter. “I’ll have you know I’m excellent when under pressure.” Yuri clasped the hand on her leg and smiled.

 

“Here Unnieeeee, I added extra chicken, just how Hyoyeon likes it.” Yoona replied, appearing with the food suddenly.   

 

“Oh. Thank you Yoona do you have any gelato too? Or did you ran out?” Sunny asked, trying to pull her hand back, but Yuri held it there unfazed.

 

“Sure, fresh batch made today. What flavour did you want?” Yoona asked with an easy smile, handing the food to Yuri.

 

“Do you have pistachio?” Sunny inquired, they both knew it was Hyoyeon’s favourite.

 

“Sure, what would you like Yuri?” Yoona inquired with a grin.

 

“Oooh chocolate please! How much is it?” Yuri eagerly questioned.

 

“Don’t sweat it, consider it my treat, because of Saturday.” Yoona said beaming as she went back into the kitchen.

 

Yuri and Sunny had finished standing up and gathering their food, when Yoona returned with two containers.

 

~~~~


 

Yuri and Sunny made their way back to the car, after finally getting Yoona to stop hugging Sunny, Yuri placed the food on the back seat of the truck and jumped in the passenger seat.

 

As they left the city, Sunny sped up, going slightly too fast for Yuri’s comfort with the roads still slick, but Sunny assured her nothing would happen, and that’s what seat belts were for.

 

The drunk driver on their side of the road, halfway through a blind corner, had something to say about that, and Sunny had to swerve onto the dirt on the side of the road to avoid the moron, she blasted her horn and quickly glanced back for the make of truck, thinking it looked familiar.

 

“What an !” Sunny yelled, pulling the car to a halt on the side of the road.

 

“What the hell!! Did you see that truck??” Yuri asked furious at their near death at the bad driver’s hands.

 

“Yes Yuri, that’s why I swerved and we’re all alive.” Sunny replied, jumping out of the car and began taking deep breaths, trying to calm down. “Hahaha, I think we might be here for a few moments until I can calm down.”

 

Sunny held her shaking hand out level for Yuri to see as the other woman walked around the truck to check on her, examining the vehicle for any signs of damage in it’s trip off road.

 

“Are you OK Ms. Lee?” Yuri asked.

 

“I’m alright Yuri.” Sunny replied, moving around against the cold night.

 

“The truck looks good, do you feel up to driving?” Yuri smacked the bonnet as a prove the truck was still strong.

 

“Yeah, just give me a minute” Sunny replied, stuffing her shaking hands in her pocket and looking up at the stars. “It’s a nice spot for a rest anyway.” Yuri watched her for a moment.

 

“Shouldn’t we get home, Hyoyeon must be sick worried”

 

“Ehh she can storm around a bit longer first, let’s have a candy bar before we get going.”

 

Yuri opened the door to the back seat and checked the dinner was still in it’s containers, Yoona’s packaging had held firm against the bumpy trip. Yuri grabbed the bag of confectionery and took it out to Sunny who took her time before deciding on a block of chocolate, Yuri gently placed the bag back in the car.

 

Sunny sat up on the bonnet of the car and they both watched the stars twinkle in the night for a while, sharing the chocolate block with Yuri before climbing back in and driving home.


 

~~~


 

Hyoyeon’s stomach rumbled loudly stressing that it was empty and needed food to if she wanted to continue going on. The horse run had made her feel better, the stars and the wind brushing her skin were great company, but it was time for her to give attention to her precious love.

 

Hyoyeon made it back to the barn, not noticing the lights in the house were still dark, she took the horse into it’s stall and removed the riding gear, brushing it gently and giving it one final hug before she threw the blanket over him and left, closing the barn door behind her.

 

Looking up Hyoyeon finally noticed the lights on the house were still dark, she checked her watch and saw that it was well past the time her Bilby usually wanted to eat dinner and wondered where they could be. Hyoyeon figured that she should get something started to make up for her fighting with Bryan.

 

Sure he’s a dickhead, but he was Sunny’s dickhead and it’s not my place to goad him every time we see each other. Hyoyeon thought, walking up the now dry path to the house. Ughh, I should apologise to Sunny.

 

Hyoyeon opened the door to the house, calling out for Yuri or Sunny as she switched on the lights, filling the house. She hung up her coat and entered the kitchen and opened the fridge, wondering what treat she should make for Sunny as the first of her four step apology when the familiar rumble of their truck became apparent.

 

Hyoyeon walked to the living room and looked out the window, seeing Yuri and Sunny climbing out, walking up with bags in their hand and she smiled, realising that her wife had decided to make her feel better with some takeaway. Hyoyeon waited as she heard the steps on the verandah. Shoes dumped unceremoniously on the wooden floor. Hyoyeon hid behind the door and hugged the figure she saw walk in.

 

Yuri recoiled at the attack on her back, feeling the shorter woman hugging her tight and pressing her body into hers, arms wrapping around her. The feel of her employer’s body against her had Yuri turn slightly pink.

 

“Yah! Get off her Hyoyeon!” Sunny yelled with a laugh as she watched her wife sheepishly cut the hug short, running over and hugging Sunny instead.

 

“Oooh what did you get me?” Hyoyeon asked, stepping back and peeking into the bags Sunny was carrying curiously.

 

“Nothing!” Sunny said, pulling the bags away from Hyoyeon suddenly. “My wife does not get treats when I get hugged last.”

 

“Well someone told me to leave the best till last, but Yuri’s hug was much nicer. Yuri come back I want another one.” Hyoyeon said, walking after Yuri who had gone into the kitchen.

 

“DON’T YOU DARE!” Sunny fumed, storming after her, finding Yuri being hugged from behind, again, by Hyoyeon who was resting her head on her back and smiling as Sunny came in.

 

“So did you get me a treat?” Hyoyeon asked into Yuri’s back as the taller woman shook her head no slightly.

 

“Fine then.” Hyoyeon said, walking out again through the living room and avoiding Sunny.

 

Yuri looked at Sunny with a questioning look about what had just happened but Sunny shrugged her shoulders as a door opened and closed, she put the food on the kitchen table, and they both got out cutlery and cups, Yuri pouring drinks as Sunny dished up the food.

 

Sunny and Yuri both laughed as they heard the bathroom door open and shut.

 

“Ahh much better, sorry I was in a hurry.” Hyoyeon said smiling with a little grin in her face. Her stomach did another loud groan and she laughed it off. “Bilby I’m really hungry, where’d you get dinner from?” Hyoyeon asked taking her seat.

 

“We went to Yoona’s, sorry to keep you waiting for so long.” She kissed Hyoyeon’s nose as she made it to her seat.

 

“Well let’s stop waiting then!” Hyoyeon beamed from her chair as Yuri sat down.

 

They all ate eagerly and in silence, Hyoyeon stuffing her face as she was famished from the long day with no lunch, Yuri tucked in quick long since having learned never to miss an opportunity for a quiet meal. Sunny picked at her food, worried about the effect Bryan had had on their farm, whether Hyoyeon was alright, what Yuri must be thinking of her, whether she should have asked Henry not to send him along anymore. She watched Hyoyeon eating contentedly, and felt the weight in her stomach sink, the many worries of one day, she needed to brush them off.

 

Sunny stepped up from her chair suddenly, Hyoyeon looked up in concern as Sunny took her plate to the sink.

 

“You OK Bilby?” Hyoyeon worried as Sunny pecked her on the forehead.

 

“Sure, just not very hungry. Excuse me but I’m going to use all our hot water in a nice long bath. Good night ladies.” Sunny walked out and climbed the stairs lackadaisically, Hyoyeon watching her go.

 

Sunny went upstairs to her room to take a bath, she wanted to drowned those worries and go to bed, peacefully with her lover. Looking forward to feeling Hyoyeon’s secure arms, they always made her feel safe, worry free, and content.

 

Sunny entered the bathroom and filled the tub with spa salt, eager to sit and soak and let all her worries wash away, she lit some candles and relaxed into the warm forgiving water.

 

----

 

Hyoyeon got up from her chair, taking her dirty dishes into the kitchen, she began filling the sink with hot water, and was looking forward to bed after finishing this last job.

 

“Can you come in here with your plate please Yuri.” Hyoyeon asked Yuri who was still in the dining room.

 

“Of course, but first, come for me Ms. Kim” Yuri whispered the last few words.

 

“What did you say Yuri, I can't really hear you.” Hyoyeon called, shutting the water off and squirting some dish soap into the water before beginning the short job of scrubbing everything clean.

 

Yuri walked up and dropped her plate into the water then pressed up against Hyoyeon from behind, Hyoyeon feeling the Yuri’s body moulding tightly into hers. Yuri pulled the hair back from over Hyoyeon’s ear, a finger lightly at the exposed neck.

 

“Yuri, wh-” Hyoyeon began as a shudder rocketed through her body from the sudden caress of her skin.

 

“I said; come for me Hyoyeon” Yuri whispered into Hyoyeon’s ear lustily.

 

-------------------------------------------------

We hoped you Enjoy it.
So yea we were writing the next chap, 
I'm too happy for being back in the train with Bazz
Just saying I want to know if your opinions of this proyect of us.
besides that will give us courage to continue writing it ^,^ 
BazzKik
^,^.

--------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------