Chapter 4: Getting to know each other

The Farming Days

 

The Farming Days –
Chapter 4:
Getting to know each other

 

 

Italics= Thoughts

 

Hyoyeon and Yuri came back from town, picking up Sunny from the barn and taking her back to the house to relax as she ate her late lunch.

 

“I saw Yoona. She says hello and that she misses you.” Hyoyeon started, bringing out a cup of coffee for Yuri and Tea for herself as Sunny tore into her meal. “Oh, she asked if Saturday is still on the calendar?” Hyoyeon relayed.

 

“If she misses me why is she calling me with that cute strange tone that she called aegyo, Ugh!” Sunny whined with full of food, she was starving already, too focused on eating to pay complete attention to each word. “What did you tell her?” She asked, taking another big bite.

 

“I told her it was, unless you wanted to change the plans?”

 

“No, no it’s ok, but you still need to go grocery shopping, is Seohyun still coming? And your cousin? She still hanging around the same person?” Sunny asked around the fork that was shoveling food in.

 

“And you tell me I have the bad memory.” Hyoyeon sighed. “You know Yoong and Seohyun will never miss a chance to be here without the other, and I’m pretty sure Taeyeon, well lets say she’s still trying to convince Tiffany to be her girlfriend. Sunny laughed, knowing that while Tiffany did want to be with one of the Yeon's in the Kim family it wasn’t Tae. “Oh, Yoona asked if she could bring Krystal too”

 

Yuri wasn't paying attention to the conversation until she heard that familiar name, but she decide to keep quiet. It could be any person right?

 

“Well if she is going to come I hope Yoona takes the responsibility to get her home or at least gives her a bed to sleep, last time you went to take her home and you didn't come back for three hours!!” Sunny exclaimed. “All the while I had to take care of Seohyun telling Yoona to stop drinking and Yoona running the house off her head calling out for her 'favorite' Unnie!” Sunny added, reminding Hyoyeon.

 

“If that happen I assure you Krystal will be sleeping here and Yoong in the barn!” Hyoyeon remembered the trip, it was a nightmare. The road was dark, she lost her glasses and couldn't see, and then she had to help Krystal sneak in.

 

“How can she sleep here Hyo? Yuri’s in that room now.” Sunny asked.

 

“Well the couch is comfortable, besides we can give her the old storage room, but clearly this is a signal for us to talk about extending the house again.” Hyoyeon stated matter of factly as she finished her cup of Tea. “I’m going to take a nap.” She was feeling drained with all the activities of the previous day and of the morning. She wanted to take Sunny up to bed too, but knew she had too much to do today in the barn for some afternoon delight.

 

“Ok I’ll take Yuri with me to start cleaning the barn.” She swallowed the last bite of her food. “Well this time Yoona put exactly enough cheese, thanks Hyo, it was delicious.”

 

“Hahaha oh yeah, I got a story to tell you, but it can wait for later on.” She kissed Sunny lightly and left.

 

“You’re awfully quiet Yuri, anything on your mind?” Sunny asked, brightly smiling at the stiff woman.

 

“Nothing special, besides I didn't want to interrupt your conversation.” Yuri replied, standing from the chair and stretching out the beginning of a cramp in her shoulder.

 

Sunny stood to get something to else to drink, she went to their storage and placed three bottles of wine in the fridge for later and took out two bottles of cold water, offering one to Yuri who waved it away as Sunny gulped it down.

 

“Well, lets go to finish what I started.” Sunny said, putting her plate and the mugs in the sink.

 

Arriving at the barn, they opened it up, allowing the Horses free roam of the fields, so Yuri and Sunny could work without being bothered with nosy horses and gathered the hoses and brushes with which to clean their stalls.  The quiet atmosphere was not as comfortable as Yuri thought.

 

“How often you do this?” Yuri asked, helping Sunny strip the stalls completely

 

“Well I muck them out every day, but we’ll be stripping it right down today.”

 

“You muck it out by yourself??” Yuri's reply was louder than she meant.

 

Sunny laughed at Yuri reaction. “No Hyoyeon doesn't let me to do it all by myself. Sometimes she wake up earlier than usual to do it, so I don't have to do it. Such a gentlewoman I got” The last part she said it more to herself, and Yuri laughed at the remark.

 

“Oh that is nice of her, Hyoyeon mentioned your plans for the barn at the hardware store. What do you want to do?”

 

“Hyoyeon plans to improve the Barn, she wants to utilise the height and build a loft where we can move the office stuff to, so we can have a break from it at night, and put in more horse stalls. I just think a of paint will be fine, but Hyoyeon has these grand ideas and I won't shut her dreams down. I enjoy the ride that’s involved in watching her go from dreaming it, designing it, and then building it. Mostly in that order." Sunny finished, demonstrating the plans with her arms. "I am looking forward to more horses though, I was thinking of starting adventure tours for tourists.” Sunny attend enthusiastically, with glitter in her eyes.

 

“Ooh that could be fun.”

 

“Yeah. Let me put my management degree to some use maybe?” Sunny pondered, as she finished hosing down the last stall. She took a seat on a hay bale and patted it in a friendly manner as Yuri sat next to her while they waited for the water to drain.

 

“So you studied management then?” Yuri inquired after a minute.

 

“Eventually, I interned as an accountant in high school and then went on to Veterinary technology in college actually, I’m now second to the town’s vet. Oh and then I got an MBA, it only took me 6 years to finish all that” She smiled, proud of her accomplishments still.

 

“Wow that’s impressive, and what did Hyoyeon study?”

 

“She took so many damn classes, that I lost track of it.”  She laughs. “Don’t tell her, she will punish me in some way or another” She cutely started to remember what her lover studied. “Aja I remember now, it was agricultural and environmental science. Such ugly names for that, why can't they have called it ‘how to be a farmer’ or something” She pouts, and laughs at her childish comments. “Did you study?”

 

“Nah, college never interested me. I tried a few things, but none really panned out. Then I saw a sign advertising work in farms and I took it. I had some experience since my uncle had a little farm and he loved when his niece to come help. Especially how it drove his brother so mad to see his precious pearl getting her hands dirty.” She laughed at the memories of her father and uncle fighting.

 

Sunny stood up and grabbed the hay bale she had been sitting on with Yuri, they dragged it over towards the stalls and sliced it open, spreading it to give the horses a clean floor. Afterwards they went out and washed the horses one by one.

 

Sunny looked outside at the sunset, she smiled at the beautiful sight and was happy the day was over. She remembered that her lover had gone hours ago to take a nap and expected that she was already awake preparing a delicious meal. She loved dinner time, it was usually a time for them to share the days little triumphs and snuggle afterwards in the living room. She imagined kisses from her lover leaving a trail of love marks all over her neck and collarbone, butterflies erupting in her tummy, her skin so soft and welcoming at Hyoyeon’s touches. Her thoughts took her beyond the point of kisses. Sunny urging her to touch down fu-

 

“You okay Sunny?” Yuri asked nudging Sunny from her fantasies.

 

“What? Yeah. Yeah I’m okay. I wonder when dinner will be ready.” Sunny said, trying to rub the pink from her cheeks.

 

She looked at her house from the barn and it was still dark. No lights on or signs of movement, maybe her lover was still sleeping. Sunny began imagining Hyoyeon lying on the bed, relaxing as she was wearing only a cut off tank top showing her tight abs and her boy-shorts and her amazing tanned legs were uncovered, they were where Sunny lost her sanity every time she saw them. I wonder if she is wea-

 

“Anything else Sunny?” Yuri continued interrupting her thoughts.

 

“Yes it is, we are done for the day.” Sunny replied, waving her off. She took a final look at the sky and closed the barn. Walking to the house admiring the surroundings with Yuri following. Thinking of her lover and her attire. What if she is waiting for me on-

 

“Shouldn’t we close the barn?” Yuri asked innocently not understanding Sunny’s hurry.

 

“Oh yes how crazy of me.” She mentally hit herself for herself, her desperation to get home might have affected their livestock. They closed the barn and hurried home.

 

The house was still dark when they got there and no signs of Hyoyeon or dinner being prepared or ready for them to eat. The truck was there so it was no way that Hyoyeon was out of the house this late without saying something. Sunny called out to Hyoyeon but no answer was received. My poor baby must be tired, dinner will be on me tonight.

 

“Do you know how to cook Yuri?” Sunny asked while walking to the kitchen.

 

“I know how to dial take away” Sunny laughed at the response Yuri gaved her.

 

"So you are more Than a pretty face." Sunny said entering the kitchen and picking up the menu from Yoona’s restaurant, ordering some take out asking Sooyoung to organise the delivery for 6:30 pm. Thinking that will give Hyoyeon time to wake up.

 

“How about cheese and wine while we wait?” Sunny asked with an easy smile. “To toast such a great first day.”

 

“Sure.” Yuri went and sat in the couch waiting for Sunny bring the little snacks and the good wine.

 

“So what made you say yes to our offer?” Sunny inquired as she sat next to Yuri.

 

“What do you mean?” She took a sip of her wine.

 

“Come work for us on our small farm, a woman like you seems like you should be leading a more glamorous life.”

 

“First time hearing that,” Yuri replied with a laugh. “Well if I did that my cover will be blown and the gangsters will find me. Besides I’ve always liked these smaller jobs, less abstract than the 40,000 heads of cattle ranches. You get to know the people better, feels more intimate y’know?” Yuri attempted to joke.  She took a piece of cheese and bit it softly. “I mean friendlier.” She quickly clarified.

 

“So you like this hard working life?” Sunny laughed at the awkward question and moved on, not wanting Yuri to feel any more put off

 

“Yes, It keeps you active and in form. I admire how this line of work makes you look, For example look at Hyoyeon, she looks great!” Yuri quickly added,  Sunny noted how she clearly liked how Hyoyeon kept her body in shape.

 

“Ohhh” Form, ah? wonder how lon-, wait Hyoyeon oh yes her strong hands exploring my bo-

 

“And why do you like this set of life, you seem way too smart to be here.” Yuri cut her train of thoughts off with the question.

 

“My grandparents loved this farm, and that seems to be infectious since Hyoyeon liked it too since she used to come here for what felt like every summer. I tried other things for a short while, and kept coming back to this. Which is good because it seems like a good life for Me and Hyoyeon." Sunny sighed happily. "Do you have anyone special?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Where is he?” Sunny questioned as she drank more wine.

 

She is in my hometown.” Yuri emphasised.

 

“She?!” Sunny was surprised at the admission, and thought the wine suddenly tasted sweeter.

 

“Yes, she. That a problem?” Yuri asked, taking a drink of her wine to hide her embarrassment at the admission.

 

“Of course not, why should it be a problem?”  Sunny said, patting her knee reassuringly

 

“Ah good, I’m sure you’ve experienced all the same things too.”

 

“If anyone treats you bad around here, you tell me. And I’ll send Hyoyeon out to beat them up.” Sunny said with a laugh.

 

The conversation carried on, they lost track of time, eventually Yuri’s hand was on Sunny’s chin drawing the woman in closer, she could feel her hot breath on her lips as they became millimetres apart until a knock at the door grabbed their attention.  

 

“UNNIEEEEEEEEEEE!” Yonna yelled as she knocked on the door.

 

“Coming.” Sunny said tearing herself from Yuri intense gaze as she went to the door, Yuri's hand hanging in the air momentarily, her eyes following Sunny out of the room. Yuri, that stare was... I felt like a gazelle trapped next to a hungry lioness.

 

“Unnieeeeee” Yoona jump on top of Sunny almost knocking her off balance.

 

“Yoooonnggggg” Sunny said with some cute disturbing voice.

 

“Unnieeeee, I missed you” Yoona said with the same disturbing voice and smooched Sunny’s cheek, just to annoy her.

 

“Stop it you saw me two days ago. Why are you bringing the delivery?” Sunny huffed, annoyed, but relieved, that whatever had been building with Yuri was gone.

 

“Unniiieee, I wanted to see you. Sooyoung told me you wanted take out so I sacrificed my time to bring you a new masterpiece, aren’t you happy to see me?” Yoona asked with a pout.

 

“No.” Sunny deadpanned.

 

“Where is Hyoyeon unnie, she appreciates me more than you.” Yoona said and began looking around Sunny, not seeing her favorite person behind her. “Hyoyeon unnie!” She shouted from the front door.

 

“Shhhh Yoona, she’s sleeping, just bring the food in already.”

 

“Just to the kitchen?” Yoona found Sunny’s rosy cheeks unusual and the way Yuri was sitting forward with a cup of wine watching Sunny. Something was bothering her instinct. Sunny lead the way to the kitchen as Yoona followed her putting the food in the table.

 

“You don't have other deliveries to do? Food to cook? Sooyoung is right to be left on her own?” Sunny questioned hurriedly, trying to remove Yoona from the house.

 

“No. No. Yes, besides, I came to visit my favorite unnie” Yoona whined childishly. “I haven't see you for ages, don't be so mean unnie.” She pouted as she stood in the doorway. “Saturday is still on, right Unnie?”

 

“Yes, Hyo told me you asked her as well. But let me tell you something, I hope you’ll be responsible with the guest you are bringing here, my Hyoyeonie won't be driving everyone to their houses again! You hear me” Sunny drove the point home by poking Yoona.

 

“Yes, yes, I hear you, I’m not deaf. You need to de-stress, I can see your gray hair coming through your shoddy dye job already. Now I know the real reason you dyed your hair blonde. HA! I am soo going to tell Hyoyeon Unnie that!” Yoona teased.

 

“Out! Out! Get out!” Sunny yelled at the accusation.

 

“Tell Hyoyeon Unnie I was here.” She kissed Sunny on her forehead and left before Sunny run after her with a baseball bat.

 

Sunny slammed the door and went to the kitchen to grab another bottle before going to the couch, she uncorked it and filled Yuri’s glass and her own.

 

“Now where were we?” Sunny asked, sitting next to Yuri on the couch, Yuri’s hand going back to her face. “Oh... Right.”

 

Hyoyeon wakes up at the slammed door, she looked at Sunny’s side and didn't see her, a low yawn escaped, she wondered if Sunny was in the living room watching a movie or something. Rubbing her sleep from her eyes and walking towards the door, she couldn't see the clock very clearly but the time was five to seven or something like that, forgetting her current attire she went down to the living room.

 

“Honey, I thought I heard Yoong’s voice” Hyoyeon said softly with her husky voice, pulling the strap of her green tank top back onto the shoulder it had fallen from. When she looked to the couch, what she saw woke her up immediately.

 

Yuri’s hand on Sunny’s chin drew their lips together, the hand holding the older woman still as they gently kissed, Sunny stifled a moan at the feel of Yuri’s lips as they touched hers, the hand moving to caress Sunny’s neck.

 

A yawn was heard from the door. Interrupting the actions as Sunny looked and saw her wife standing there in what was not so long ago fantasy attire, her favorite boy-shorts and tank top. I wonder what other fantasies might come true Sunny thought.

 

Yuri pulled away from Sunny, hand falling to her lap as she focused on avoiding Hyoyeon’s eyes and not staring at her nearly form while she tried to shrink away. Cursing herself at this happening again.

 

“Where’s dinner honey?” Hyoyeon's tone was delicate, worrying Yuri. Sunny went over to hug her wife hello.

 

“In the oven.” She says brightly. “Sit down and I’ll serve it up” Sunny lightly skipped to the kitchen.

 

“Thanks honey.” Hyoyeon said as she sat at the table.

 

“Yoona brought it when we ordered some take away.” Sunny explained. “She hoped to see you actually, apparently this is the first time she’s tried this and she wanted your opinion.” Sunny elaborated further as she heated the food.

 

“I’ll be sure to savor it, revel in the unfamiliarity.” Hyoyeon teased, relaxing at the kitchen table, smiling brightly as her eyes formed a half moon. Beautiful to a stranger, but Sunny recognised the hidden meaning and she sat down opposite as Yuri snuck in.

 

“Umm I might go.”

“Why Yuri? Sit, enjoy the strange new experience my younger sister provided!” Hyoyeon said sweetly, trying to disarm Yuri’s apprehension.

 

“I’m sorry about Sunny I don’t know how it hap-”

“Sure you do, you’d had too much to drink, you’re an attractive woman, she’s a very attractive woman” Hyoyeon added quickly with a wink. “You’re alone, lights low, mood relaxed. Things happen. Hell I’d kiss Sunny in that situation.” Sunny laughed. “I think I have actually...” Hyoyeon laughed naughtily at the memory.

 

The awkward atmosphere bled away at the joke. Yuri relaxed and began talking about Her day, sharing the stories as Hyoyeon laughed at Sunny and vice versa, Hyoyeon told the story about Dave trying to score with the new girl in town. Yuri reminding Hyoyeon that she can handle herself.

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------

We hoped you did Enjoy it.
Thank you for reading it.
This chap is funny.
^,^
--------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------