Chapter 5: Flower in the Garden

Choosing A Wife... Or Is It Husband?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

(note: this chapter will be focusing on jongkey... im sorry eunhae/kyusung lovers. KyuSung will be next chapter and EunHae the one after that. But i hope u will still read this even if ur not jongkey shipper. Enjoy~~)

Radiant Blossoms Palace

Key huffed and got up from his seat to walk around the courtyard for the hundredth time that day. It had been hours and hours and still he hadn't been called to see the Prince yet. A few minutes passed in boredom before the real action began...

"Girls! I'm sorry to say but you are all dismissed. Prince Jonghyun has chosen all his flowers and won't be seeing anyone else." a servant announced.

At this an uproar began as girls all started talking and shouting at once. Some were sighing in relief while others sighed in disappointment. Some girls were even crying because "they didn't get to see their handsome Prince Charming". Key was huffing in annoyance.

This Prince was really... Ugh. He didn't even have the decency to see the rest of us when we waited here and wasted our time for him, Key thought. Well at least I didn't get chosen. But I don't want to go home either...

Key sighed before following the other girls out of the courtyard. On the way back to Glistening Raindrops Palace though, Key got an idea. Since the Palace was pretty big, no, humongous, couldn't he just runaway somewhere and pretend he was actually a maid or whatever? Then he didn't have to go home or get married to some arrogant Prince.

Nodding to himself, Key slowed down and lingered behind the group. When they turned left at a corner, Key quickly went in the opposite direction back towards Radiant Blossoms Palace. Before he got back their though, he made a few turns, finding himself in the midst of a very large and beautiful garden.

Having no idea where he was now, Key just walked around slowly admiring the view. I could get used this, he thought. Looking up at the sky, Key smiled at the pretty fluffy clouds while walking slowly fowards. However that wasn't the best thing to do as the next moment, he had ran into something and fell back.

Startled, Key whipped his head up to come face to face with a handsome guy, dressed in a very expensive and good looking set of clothes.

Jonghyun had been strolling in the gardens to clear his mind when he saw a girl walking towards him. He was going to say hi but next thing he knew, she had ran into him and now was on the ground. Jonghyun quickly held out his hand and helped the girl up before flashing his adorable smile.

Looking closer at the girl, Jonghyun wondered who she was. He knew she wasn't a maid since her dress wasn't a maid dress and anyway she was too pretty to be a maid. Maybe she was one of the 'flowers' that got lost or ran away? Well in that case Jonghyun actually wouldn't mind if he kept her forever.

"Hello, are you okay?" Jonghyun asked, genuinely concerned.

Key nodded, looking down. He couldn't look at the guy because if he did, he'd probably turn into mush. The other guy just had that effect on him. Especially when Key recalls that super cute smile of his.

"That's good. Uh... Are you.. You're one of the girls here for the flower ceremony right?" Jonghyun asked to make sure of his suspicions.

Key looked up with wide eyes. What should he say? He wasn't prepared yet!

Jonghyun chuckled at Key's panicked reaction. "Don't worry. I won't tell anyone."

Key finally spoke since meeting this guy, "R-really?"

Jonghyun nodded with a smile. "I promise. But why did you run away?" Jonghyun figured by the other's reaction that she didn't get lost but purposely ran away.

"Oh uhm... I don't want to go home." Key mumbled.

"Why not? Did you want to get picked?" Jonghyun inquired. If she was just another one of those fake girls who threw themselves at him then...

"No." Key replied shortly.

"Oh then why?" Jonghyun asked very curious now. So she didn't want to get picked but didn't want to go home either.

"Because...my parents mistreat me." Key muttered. He didn't even know why he was telling this to a stranger but the other guy looked really concerned.

"Ah.. Really.. I'm sorry." was all Jonghyun could come up with.

Key smiled, shrugging his should

Please log in to read the full chapter