Chapter 2: The Offered

Choosing A Wife... Or Is It Husband?
Please log in to read the full chapter

oh guys, i was going to update on thursday but my internet unexpectedly died so... Well its up now ^^ enjoy!

 

(note: Key is 16 years old, Yesung is 18, Donghae is 19. Also they all come from different villages.)

 

Key's House

 

"Put these on. And don't come out until you're done with this as well." Clothes and a box were shoved roughly into Key's arms before he was pushed into his room. The door slammed shut leaving him to face the silence by himself. Sighing softly and slightly trembling, Key set the things down on his bed and stared at them.

 

The clothes turned out to be just one long, beautiful dress made from pink silk and lined with turquoise lace. It was an off-the-shoulder style with a rough edged train. (let's just pretend they wore this sort of dresses back then xP) The box, after Key opened it, was found to contain make up including blood red paper, charcoal pencils and pink powder.

 

Tears dripped down Key's face as he sank to the floor by his bed. He didn't want to do this. He wasn't supposed to. The Flower Selecting Ceremony was coming up which was for the Emperor to select his wives. But his mother who refused to enter, claiming 'it wasn't fair. I'm almost out of the range.', forced him to go instead. His father was of no help either. He and his mother were the same, heartless and neglecting.

 

Taking another look at the dress and make up, Key got up on wobbly legs and slowly started putting them on. He wasn't going to be let out until he did. And it's not like his parents care about any repercussions.

 

Yesung's House

 

"Umma, please! Just let me go instead." Yesung pleaded with watery eyes as he kneeled at his mother's feet.

 

"No Sungie. You can't. I have perfect health. And even if I didn't, you still can't go." Yesung's mother replied sternly, rubbing her large

Please log in to read the full chapter