Chapter 4: Meeting the 'Flowers' - Introduction

Choosing A Wife... Or Is It Husband?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Before the boys knew it, the five days was up and the ceremony had started. On the morning of the Flower Selecting Ceremony, Key, Yesung and Donghae all helped each other dress up and apply make up and to generally try look as girly as possible. It would be disastrous if they were to be recognised as males.

 

Since Yesung and Key already looked pretty girly, they focused on making Donghae more feminine. I mean if Key could tell Donghae was a boy, then wouldn't others be able to too? So after they got Donghae in a lovely pastel green dress, Key used the make up he had to apply to Donghae's face. First he got charcoal and lined Donghae's eyes. Then he gave him the super red paper for his lips and finally Key spread some pink blush onto Donghae's cheeks. In the end, Donghae looked quite girly.

 

Yesung also applied some make up, lining his eyes and tinting his cheeks with blush. He didn't put any colour on his lips though because they were naturally a pretty light pink colour. The dress he wore highlighted his thin figure, altough not like a girl's. It was light purple with sparkles and was puffy like the red one he wore on the day of his arrival. The short sleeves were puffy as well and the neckline, luckily, wasn't too low.

 

Key wore the same dress he wore on the first day because it was his most beautiful dress but he had it washed the day before. The pink and turquoise matched well and accentuated his already feminine look even more. The off-the-shoulder design nicely showed off his milky shoulders and also made him look like quite a beauty. He also applied charcoal to his eyes, blush to his cheeks and red colour to his lips.

 

All three boys also had random stuffing sewn onto the insides of their dresses. Ater all, no matter how feminine they looked, they would straightaway be recognised as males if they had no s.

 

Once the three were ready, they stepped cautiously out of their room and lined up with the other girls already in the courtyard of the Glistening Raindrops Palace. Everyone looked so beautiful and amazing, the three boys were sure they wouldn't be chosen. But little did they know what was coming for them...

 

"Annyeong girls! Today is the Flower Selecting Ceremony as you already know. You will be put into different groups for the Emperor and the three Princes to choose from. Listen carefully for your names!" someone announced.

 

Yesung, Donghae and Key looked at each other, hoping they would be in the same group. Unfortunately, as it turned out, they were all in a different group. Each of them were going to be meeting a different Prince.

 

"I'm going to be seeing Prince Jonghyun. I wonder what's he like.." Key told the other two.

 

"He'll probably be nice. He's the youngest of the three Princes. I've got the oldest, Prince Hyukjae." Donghae replied.

 

"And I'm going to Prince Kyuhyun." Yesung replied.

 

The three of them hugged and wished each other luck, to not

Please log in to read the full chapter