There is just no way!

It isn't easy, but it's the easiest thing to do

Chapter V

Yoona’s POV

 

 

“YURI!” I screamed as I marched right into the dressing room of the musical singers and actors. People were staring at me oddly, but I really could not care less. I felt like some kind of predator as my eyes roamed around the area, looking for Yuri.

 

“YURI!” I screamed again. 

 

Suddenly I heard light squeaky voice. “Uh, um-” I whipped my head towards the source of the voice and saw a young boy staring at me with wide eyes. He seemed to flinch at my cold glare and I could tell he was shivering.

 

“What?” I said as monotonously as I could manage at my infuriated state. 

 

“I th-think your friend is p-perhaps the one t-talking to Yesung hyung.” The poor boy said as he pointed a shaky finger towards a few people talking. I narrowed my eyes at the people he was pointing towards and I recognized Yuri’s dress right away. Without giving the boy a second glance, I stomped towards Yuri.

 

“YAH!” I yelled as I approached her. Yuri looked back at me in shock. I had never yelled at her before. I never yelled at any of my friends. “Why are you here?! Aren’t you gonna drive me home?!”

 

“Yoona-yah, chill down, will you?” Yuri frowned. “Can’t you see I’m talking to Yesung oppa?” She pointed her thumb towards the two boys behind her. One of them - I’m guessing it was Yesung - gave me a crooked smile, while the other person - I suspect it was Sungmin - stared at me skeptically. 

 

“I don’t care!” I yelled out of frustration. Why was I so angry? “Just take me home already!”

 

Yuri crossed her arms. She looked annoyed. “Yoona, if you really want to go home, you should ask Taec to drive you. My parents are home so you can just go inside and get your stuff, ‘kay?”

 

“I don’t want to ride with Taecyeon!” I whined. Man, I felt like a 4-year old. 

 

“Then you’ll have to wait. I want to talk to Yesung.” She flashed me a sweet smile before turning to face Yesung again. 

 

I let out a heavy breath and a dry sob. Why was this happening to me? I crossed my arms as I leaned on a wall, and slowly I let my body slump to the floor. I pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, then I closed my eyes. I listened to Yuri’s conversation now and then, although I didn’t pay too much attention. All I could tell though, was that Yuri seemed really content and comfortable with this Yesung-person. She spoke so happily and eagerly. I don’t think I’ve ever heard her speak in such a... honest and passionate way. My lips formed a small smile as I felt happy for her.

 

“Hey, you’re Ryeowook’s best friend, aren’t you?” 

 

My eyes snapped open and I looked for the source of the voice I just heard. It was Sungmin. He had sat down next to me and was looking at me with a raised eyebrow. “Huh?”

 

“I’ve seen you two together before... when we were younger.” He muttered without breaking eye contact with me. “And, Ryeowook is always smiling at you whenever he sees you. Despite the fact that you never return his smiles.”

I bit my lower lip. Of course, he would know. Ryeowook, Sungmin and Yesung are really good friends. I looked away from Sungmin and down at the floor instead. “We grew up together.” I whispered.

 

“I know.” I heard him mutter.

 

“Ryeowook is a really good friend.” I continued. If it were not for the sudden need to talk to someone, to let my feelings flow, I wouldn’t have told Sungmin anything. Sungmin would most likely not tell anyone, anyway. “I really care about him a lot and I wish him happiness. I really do.” I confessed in a whisper. I could barely believe that I actually said that. Especially to someone that I have never spoken to.

 

“Hm... I always knew Ryeowook really loved you, but I always thought his feelings towards you were one-sided.” Sungmin said.

 

I whipped my head towards Sungmin with wide eyes. “What? Love? He loves me?” I blurted out. I immediately covered my mouth with one hand and glanced over at Yuri and Yesung. They didn’t seem to have noticed my sudden outburst. Phew! 

 

“Well... yeah? You have been friends since you both were in diapers, right?” Sungmin asked with an uncertain expression. 

 

I nodded. “How did you know? Did Ryeowook tell you?”

 

“When we became friends, yeah. It was around grade school.” He answered. “Yoona-ssi, can I ask you a question?”

 

“Sure...” I murmured.

 

“Do you... care about Ryeowook?” Sungmin asked softly while studying me carefully.

I gulped. “Yes.” It was barely a whisper, but it came out. “I do care about Ryeowook. Quite a lot actually.”

 

“Then why are you avoiding him?”

 

I looked over at Sungmin and creased my eyebrows. “What do you mean?”

 

“You don’t seem to enjoy Ryeowook’s presence all too much.” Sungmin said and shrugged. I didn’t respond. 

 

I really had to think through what he had just said. I did want to say “What are you talking about? I love spending time with Ryeowook! Practically more than I like spending time with anyone else!” However, I knew that I had been giving Ryeowook a cold shoulder ever since lunch. Maybe he had not noticed until the musical, or maybe he didn’t notice at all. He has always been patient with me, which is one of the many things I love about him... I don’t know why I felt so mad at him though. 

 

That was a lie. I know exactly why I felt mad at him.

 

Once me, Yuri and Taecyeon arrived at the musical theatre the first thing I saw after entering the building was Ryeowook with his arms wrapped around Sooyoung, with her hugging his neck. It really shocked me. I found myself rushing to the bathroom. Suddenly I was crying. Why does Ryeowook trust Sooyoung? She is no good! All she wants to do is humiliate him in front of the whole school. Does he not see that?

 

“Me and Ryeowook...” I mumbled in a low shaky voice. “Our relationship is like that. We don’t have to acknowledge each other in a too obvious manner all the time. We like to... to sometimes just make eye contact and that will be our acknowledgement.” I lied. 

 

“Hm,” I could feel Sungmin eyeing me, but I didn’t look at him. “Maybe because Ryeowook has a girlfriend.” He muttered.

 

“What?” I frowned at him. “They’re not even official yet.” I spat.

 

“But they seem to really like each other. Maybe you feel left out now.” He said. I didn’t know whether to take it as a question or an assumption. 

 

“Yeah, right.” I chuckled humorlessly. “I don’t know what he would see in her. She is a horrible person.” 

 

Sungmin raised an eyebrow at me. “Yoona, are you perhaps-”

 

“Hi, guys!” Yuri chirped. She and Yesung were standing in front of us and holding hands. “Ready to go?”

 

I stared with wide eyes at Yuri and Yesung’s entwined fingers. What on earth happened between them? Me and Sungmin hadn’t talked for too long, I think. I have to admit, though, the both of them did look pretty cute together. I wish I had someone to hold hands with like that. I sighed in a mix of depression and contentment. 

 

“Yoona?” 

 

I looked up to see Yuri, Sungmin and Yesung staring down at me with confused expressions. “Huh?”

 

“Are you alright?” Yuri asked with concern.

 

I jumped up and grinned. “Yeah, I’m fine. Let’s go home now.”

~~

 

The next day, lunch break

 

“Yoona?” 

 

I looked behind me to see Yuri walking towards me in the hallways. “Hey, Yul.” I smiled.

 

“Have you seen Sica?” She asked. Only now did I notice her worried expression. 

 

Come to think about it, I had not seen Jessica since last night. “No... why? Is she ill or something?” 

 

“I don’t know. I haven’t seen her.” Yuri sighed and bit her lower lip worriedly. “I hope she’s O.K. She usually doesn’t skip classes, no matter what.”

 

“Hm, should we try calling her?” I asked as I pulled out my phone from my pocket. 

 

“Yeah.” Yuri nodded. 

 

As I dialed Jessica’s number on my phone, Donghae walked up to us. “Hi girls!” 

 

“Ah! Hi, Donghae!” Yuri smiled. “Have you seen, Jessica?” 

 

I flashed Donghae a brief smile before focusing my attention on the phone. I could hear the number being dialed followed by ringing.

 

Donghae frowned. “Not since last night, no.” 

 

“Well, do you have any idea of where she is?” Yuri pushed on. 

 

“No, why would I know?” Donghae’s frown turned into a scowl. 

 

Both me and Yuri glanced at each other. Yuri looked back at Donghae and blinked. “How can you not know?”

 

“I’m not her guardian. I don’t keep watch over her 24/7.” Donghae answered and crossed his arms. 

 

The phone stopped ringing and the answering machine took over. I hung up and redialed Jessica’s number. Hopefully she wasn’t sleeping. Jessica will sleep for many, many hours if you let her. And, once she’s a sleep, she’s a pain to wake up. 

 

“But, you’re her boyfriend!” Yuri said back. Yuri was probably as confused as I was about Donghae’s behavior. 

 

Donghae and Jessica have been dating for the longest time, but they’ve always been slightly on and off. They were never an official couple, but people always treated them as if they were because everyone always knew that they would end up together somehow. Even if it would take 100 years. Only recently - I think it was around last valentines day - did they make their relationship official. It was too weird to hear Donghae say that he didn’t know where Sica was. Long before they became a couple they were like best friends; if one was absent from school, the other one would call or text them to see if everything was alright. After they became a couple they would meet up and walk to school together. 

 

“No, I’m not. We broke up. Didn’t you hear?” He asked in a slightly mocking tone. 

 

My jaw dropped and I’m pretty sure Yuri’s did the same. From the other line of the phone I could hear a click, the one signaling that the person on the other line has hung up. The click was followed by a long beep. I hung up and let both my hands hang on my sides.

“You broke up?” I asked. “How?! What happened?” I couldn’t control my mouth as the questions poured out. How could this happen? They were literally the perfect couple! 

 

Donghae shrugged and started picking his nails. “I don’t know. We grew apart, I guess.” 

 

Did he just say that they ‘grew apart’? “Grew apart?! What do you mean ‘grew apart’?!” I blurted out. 

 

“You guys were literally the perfect couple!” Yuri continued. At this point, she was even using her hands to express her frustration and confusion. Yuri and I made eye contact for a brief second before she looked back at Donghae. “How could this happen? When did this happen?”

 

Donghae stared Yuri in the eyes with a cold gaze. It was so unusual. Donghae’s eyes were normally calm and friendly. His eyes would usually only reflect kindness, at least when he was around his friends. This was a totally new side to him for me. 

 

“When? It happened yesterday. How? She’s a hag.” He deadpanned. 

 

My jaw dropped once again and it felt as if my eyes had grown to the size of saucers. “How can you say that?! Jessica is not a hag!”

 

“She is too!” Donghae spat back and glared daggers at me. Both me and Yuri flinched at this sudden outburst. 

 

“You’re being unnecessarily rude right now, Donghae.” Yuri mumbled with a small pout forming on her lips. I could tell that she was as scared as I was. I have only seen Donghae this mad twice, and he was in a fight both times. What if he blew up on us?

 

“E-even though y-you broke up it does n-not mean that you sh-should call her names...” I added with my gaze fixated on the floor. 

 

“B-but what happened between you guys? Why isn’t Jessica here today?” Yuri tried.

 

Donghae shook his head. “We broke up. That’s what happened. If you want to know more about it, I suggest you ask Jessica. I’m done with this.” With that, Donghae left down the hallway, leaving me and Yuri shocked as ever.

 

Once Donghae was out of sight and out of hearing range, both me and Yuri started to panic.

 

“We need to go talk to Sica. She might be in trouble.” Yuri said. I nodded and we hurried towards the school doors.

 

------------------------------

A/N:

 

I know this is shortert than the usual and I know I've been gone for like a gazillion years and I am SO SORRY. I don't even know how it happened. Wait, I do. School. I should be destroyed. -.- 

 

Ugh! *le sigh* 

 

I really feel so bad for not posting anything for so long. The thing is that I have been working on this chapter and the next, but I am not easily satisfied. Honestly, I feel like this is part 1 of this chapter and then I'll post part 2 with the next chapter. Na'm sayin?

 

And I just had a revelation! :O I wanted to write a new fic, but then I was like "Noooo way! Finish this one first!!" buuuut, I did start writing anyway... I'm not gonna start posting it yet, though... I feel like if I'm gonna write fics then this one will be my first priority. Anyway, my question for you is: How do you feel about a "scary" YoonWook fic? Like a thriller sort of... I already have the whole plot, end to finish thought out (I just need to write it) but, it might not be too romantic... I dunno. But a happy endng is my cup of tea ;)

Ai, I keep writing so much. You can tell I'm stressed/hyper. 

 

Again, sorry for being such a slog T-T please don't kill me! :c

 

Also, if I'm slow on updating, you can message me on tumblr because I'm there everyday. Just tell me to hurry up or something (please be nice^^) Don't bother to follow me because there is really just random nonesense there. Just go there if you wanna msg me or something ;)

- chococara.tumblr.com

 

 Hopefully it won't be too long until the next update ;)

 

Remember that I love you guys lots!!!! <3