III. Jealousy or love?

It isn't easy, but it's the easiest thing to do

 

 

Yoona’s POV

 

It’s been a week. A week since it all started. A week since Sooyoung lost the last bit of sense that she had. A week since she was no longer “single”. A week since Ryeowook was invisible. I keep telling myself to be happy for Ryeowook. At least he is semi-popular and he is definitely not invisible, and the best part; that I can talk to him in public. But how can I be happy when I know that this is all a scheme to embarrass Ryeowook? 

 

I wanted to tell Ryeowook everything so badly, but I’ve never seen him so happy. If I told him the truth, I would take away his happiness, I would make him invisible again, maybe even a bully victim. It seems like everything will end badly either way. 

 

“Open wide, Wookie~” Sooyoung sang as she fed Ryeowook a sushi roll. I unconsciously rolled my eyes and nibbled on my food.  

 

Ah, right. Sooyoung and Ryeowook are now “dating”. One would almost think that Sooyoung picked Ryeowook specifically to bother me. At first I just brushed the thought off, but then I saw the way she was acting towards him, especially in my presence. Sure, it was great that Ryeowook and I could talk in public even if we talked as if we just met, but the bad part was that Sooyoung would always be at Ryeowook’s house or he would be at her place. A couple shouldn’t spend that much time together, right? 

 

“Wookie, you are too cute!” Sooyoung giggled, which made Ryeowook blush a bit.

 

So disgusting! I got up from the lunch table and started to leave.

 

“Where are you going?” Taecyeon asked as he grabbed my arm. Aish! This person...

 

“Uh, bathroom.” I muttered and yanked my arm free. I walked into the girl’s bathroom and stood in front of the sink to take a look at myself. “Ugh! Why her?!” I hissed under my breath and squeezed my eyes shut. When I looked myself in the mirror again, I was crying. Tears were running freely down my cheeks. “Oh no...” I sighed. I looked around to make sure all the bathroom stalls were unlocked, signaling that there was no one present except me. 

 

“Well, since my make-up is already ruined...” I shrugged as I the sink. I sniffed before filling my palms with water and washing my face. “Yoong, calm down.” I told myself as I looked in the mirror again. My eyes were red. Why am I crying? 

 

“Stop crying.” I said through gritted teeth as I pressed my eyes closed again and clenched my fists. “S-stop crying.” I said in a weaker voice through gritted teeth. Once my breath started hitching I knew there was no way back. 

 

Because of all my pride and walked into one of the empty stalls, locked the door, closed the toilet lid and sat down on top of the toilet; I hugged my knees as I let my tears fall, my sobs were muffled as I hid my face in my knees. Why is my heart hurting? Am I possibly... jealous?

 

I sat in there throughout lunch and once I was finally done crying my heart out, I stepped out of the cubicle. I looked myself in the mirror and pouted. “Why me?” I mumbled. I grabbed some paper, wet it a bit and cleaned my face. 

 

I sulked as I dragged myself out of the girl’s bathroom. What was the point of staying at school? Maybe I should just head home...

 

As I walked around the corner I felt my eyes widen. I saw Sooyoung and Ryeowook further down the corridor. Sooyoung and I made eye contact, and I could have sworn that she smirked at me. She cupped Ryeowook’s face and kissed him on the lips.

 

I covered my mouth as I gasped. My vision blurred as I felt myself close to breaking down. I can’t stay here anymore! I turned around and ran down the hallway. Tears were running down my cheeks as I ran, and even when I wiped them a way, there were more tears to come. I didn’t know where I was running to, all I knew was that I wanted to get out of the school building and home. 

 

I gasped as I felt someone grab onto my waist, stopping me in my fast pace. “Yoona?”

~~~

 

“IM YOONA!”

 

My eyes snapped open and I saw my big scary literature teacher right before my eyes. “Uh-”

 

“Since you are so fond of sleeping through my lessons, why don’t you stay on after class and do some work around the classroom.” Mrs. Goo said.

 

“I’d rather not.” I muttered.

 

“It was not a question.” She spat and I cringed. “Im Yoona, you have after school duties from the time class is over until 6 pm.”

 

My jaw dropped at her statement. “What?!”

 

“You heard me right.” She said and smirked at my shocked expression before turning on her heels and walking towards the blackboard again.

 

I slammed my hands on my desk in frustration. “No, you can’t do that!” I yelled and stood up.

 

“Yes, I can and I just did. Now, sit down and be quiet before I call you parents.” Mrs. Goo pointed a warning finger at me as she glared at me.

 

I sat down, crossed my arms and puffed my cheeks. “Ugh! Screw this...” I mumbled under my breath quietly.

 

The bell rang and all the students fled the classroom quickly, leaving me and my sorry self alone. 

 

“See you later, Yoong!” Yuri and Jessica waved before leaving as well. 

 

“Bye, guys.” I muttered.

 

“Bye, Yoona.” I looked up to see Sooyoung waving at me and grinning.

 

“Bye.” I muttered, too annoyed to even try to sound nice. 

 

“Aren’t you going to wish me a nice date?” She asked innocently and fluttered her eyelashes. 

 

I hope you fall into a body of water and drown. “Have a nice date.” I said and forced a smile.

 

“Thanks. I will. Bye now!” She said before blowing me a kiss and leaving.

 

 

 

Ryeowook’s POV

 

 

“Are you sure about this?” Sungmin asked as he patted my shoulder. Me, Sungmin and Yesung were standing behind the school doors. 

 

“No, not at all.” I said and took a deep breath. “Yeye, what time is it?” 

 

Yesung checked his wristwatch. “It’s 2:55 pm. Are you going to out now?” He looked at me worriedly.

 

I swallowed and fiddled with my fingers. “I don’t know... maybe I’ll wait 3 or 4 more minutes.”

 

“What if she doesn’t even show? What if was just a scheme?” Sungmin asked.

 

I shrugged and smiled weakly. “Then at least I don’t have to go out with her.” My two hyungs stared at me worriedly. I knew they didn’t want me to do this because popular people can be really evil. 

 

“I have a bad feeling about this.” Sungmin said as he peeked out one of the windows towards the school gates. “She’s actually there!” He gasped and pointed out the window. Me and Yesung followed and looked out the window, and sure enough, Sooyoung was standing there, by the school gates. Suddenly my throat felt dry as I tried to swallow a lump in my throat.

 

“I guess... I’ll see you guys later.” I said as I pushed the doors open. “Wish me luck.” I said an flashed my friends a weak smile.

 

“Good luck.” I heard them mutter as I left out the doors. 

 

I walked down the stairs and through the school's courtyard towards the gates. I glanced at Sooyoung from time to time, hoping and praying that she would not noticed me, even if the possibility was small. It seemed like Sooyoung was too busy doing something on her phone to notice me. When I was closer to the gates I glanced at her again and I almost fell over from shock as her snakelike eyes bore into mine. I halted a bit before continuing to walk towards her. 

 

“Put your arm around my shoulder.” She demanded once I was next to her. 

 

“What?”

 

“You’re taking me out on a date, so put your arm around me.” She said and crossed his arms.

 

“What?!” I blurted and covered my mouth immediately after.

 

Sooyoung narrowed her eyes at me. “Did you just yell at me?” She asked and stepped closer to me.

 

I stepped backwards and waved my hands in front of myself. “I’m sorry! I didn’t meant to, I was just... surprised.”

 

“Surprised, huh? Why?” She asked in a friendlier tone and took another step towards me.

 

I shrugged. “I have never experienced such treatment before.”

 

“So, you’ve never had a girlfriend before?” She raised an eyebrow and smiled knowingly.

 

“No.” I said and shook my head. “Is this how the relationship works?” It couldn’t be, could it?

 

“I’ll show you how it works.” She said. “Come on, put your arm around my shoulder.” 

 

I reluctantly put my arm around her shoulder and we started walking out the gates and down the road. It felt a bit awkward as neither of us said anything, and I did not even know where we were going.

 

“What is your relationship with Yoona?” Sooyoung asked and looked up at me as we walked.

 

“Um... Yoona...?” I muttered without thinking.

 

“Yeah, Im Yoona. The one you were talking to in the library.” I looked away as her cold gaze was too much for me to handle.

 

“Where are we going? I do not think you have told me.” I shot back and peered down at her.

 

“I didn’t. You are taking me to...” She sighed. “Your favorite restaurant.”

 

What? “Why?”

 

“I have to get to know you somehow.” She said without looking at me and gave a crooked smile. 

 

“Um... okay.” 

 

“Where is it?”

 

I gulped and looked at the many cars passing by as we walked. “The Strawberry Palace.” I mumbled and ignored her expression as she turned to stare at me. 

 

“You are joking, right?”

 

“You asked, I answered.” 

 

“That place is so big and so pink and so filled with sugary stuff!” She complained and shook her head. “Why do you even like that place?”

 

I shrugged and smiled a bit. “The place makes me happy; people there are always nice and friendly, and as you said, it’s filled with sweet stuff, like strawberries!” 

 

“Do you go there often?” She looked up at me with a raised eyebrow.

 

“No, actually I go there rarely.” 

 

Sooyoung frowned. “Then, how is it your favorite place to eat?” 

 

I sighed and felt a small smile spread across my lips. “It is a place I go to with my closest friends only.”

 

“Really? You have friends?” She asked and looked at me with big eyes, she actually looked surprised. 

 

I rolled my eyes inwardly. “Yeah.” 

 

“How many? What are their names?” She asked eagerly. She did not smile or anything, but the beaming of her eyes showed interest. 

 

“I have three really close friends. Yesung hyung, Sungmin hyung and Y-” I curled my lip before I could say her name. “E-Eunhyuk.”  Truthfully, Eunhyuk is my friend, but I am closer to Sungmin, Yoona and Yesung.

 

She narrowed her eyes at me suspiciously for a second before nodding. “Hm, ok. But, seriously though, do we have to go to the Strawberry Palace?” 

“No,” Of course, I would not take you there! I would only go with my closest friends.Where would you like to go?”

“We have to go somewhere you like!” She argued. “Name a place where you like to eat when you go out. If you ever have that is...” She mumbled the last part.

 

I sighed and stopped walking, Sooyoung stopped walking as well and looked back at me confusedly. “Look, Sooyoung-ssi, if it feels like you are walking through fire by being with me, you should just end it right now.”

 

“What...?” She raised an eyebrow while looking at me dumbstruck before looking dead serious. “You better not be breaking up with me.” 

 

My eyes widened a bit as I was taken aback. “No, or yeah... or... I don’t know.” I shrugged. “You obviously hate having to be around me. I do not know if this was a bet or something, but you should probably stop.”

 

She sighed heavily and puffed her cheeks. “I don’t hate being around you.” She mumbled.

 

Ugh! I just want to go home and rest. “Fine... let’s go to a... Thai restaurant, okay?”

 

Her face seemed to brighten at my suggestion and she nodded and gave me a small smile. “Okay.”

 

We went to the first Thai restaurant we spotted and sat down and ordered food. I ordered a bigger meal than Sooyoung and she

finished eating before me. I noticed that she kept glancing at my food in between our short and awkward conversations. 

 

I sighed after swallowing a bite. “Do you want to eat?” I asked and pushed my bowl lightly towards her.

 

She looked taken aback as her eyes darted from my bowl of food to me. “U-um... I don’t-”

 

“You seem hungry still, so you should not starve yourself.” I smiled warmheartedly at her and shrugged. 

 

She stared at me as if she was trying to read me, and hesitantly she picked up her chopsticks and started eating slowly. “Don’t tell anyone about this.” She mumbled while chewing. 

 

It turns out Sooyoung is a real shikshin (food god), and she even beats me and Yoona! Both me and Yoona can eat up to 6 or 7 meals through a whole day, whereas Sooyoung eats 8! I was really shocked when she confessed that to me after eating three bowls of fried rice. I also noticed that she kept glancing around the restaurant, making sure no one she knew was present. Boy, being popular must

mean sacrificing what you love most!

 

“You won’t tell anyone about my secret will you?” Sooyoung bit her lip as she looked at me worriedly.

 

“Who would I tell?” I asked and looked into her searching eyes.

 

She raised an eyebrow and looked at me suspiciously. “You tell me.”

 

“You secret is safe, don’t worry.” I said and gave a small smile, which she returned.

 

I walked her all the way home and to her front door. “I guess I will see you tomorrow.” I said as I started to back away.

 

Instead of biding me goodbye she frowned at me. “Are you not even going to try to kiss me?”

 

In that moment I was sure my eyes were at the verge of popping out off my eye sockets. “WHAT?!” I blurted and gaped.

 

Sooyoung gave me that annoyed look again. “Stop. Yelling. At. Me.” She stood straight with her fists tightened and her eyebrows creased. 

 

I brushed my hands through my hair. “I... I am sorry, but you keep startling me. Sooyoung-ssi, we talked for the first time today! How can you expect me to try and kiss you so soon?”

 

Her fists unclenched as she looked dumbstruck, her lips parted slightly and she shook her head as if what I had said was totally foreign to her. “You are so... different.” She muttered and blinked. 

 

I shrugged and looked elsewhere. So are you, I thought. “I guess it is because we come from different worlds.” 

 

“Hm...” She hummed and nodded. “I will see you tomorrow then.” She muttered before walking inside her house and closing the door behind her.

 

“Ah~!” I stretched my arms, suddenly I felt much lighter. I skipped out of Sooyoung’s property and out of her street happily. Suddenly something dawned on me. “Aish! I forgot my backpack at school!” The school building is usually locked at approximately 7 pm. I checked my wristwatch, it was close to 6. Luckily, Sooyoung does not live far from school so I did not have to walk for long.

 

 

Yoona’s POV

 

 

It does not take 3 hours to clean a freaking classroom. It probably took me about 30 minutes or something, but of course, mrs. Goo had to walk in on me resting on my desk and she decided to assign me to clean several more classrooms. Basically, I became a janitor for 3 hours. 

 

I have no idea what number classroom I am on now, all I know is that I am dead tired. My hands look like raisins from all the cleaning and my back is aching from having to bend over and tiptoe all the time. I wet a sponge as I cleaned the blackboard. It will all be over soon. It’s almost 6 o’clock.

 

Suddenly everything went black, but I was conscious. I felt over my eyes and felt a pair of soft hands. I bit my lower lip in a mix of excitement, curiosity and annoyance. Truthfully, I was not in the mood to see anyone, I just wanted to go home. “Who is it?”

 

The person didn’t answer. I caressed the hands that were covering my eyes, being too lazy to pry them off. “Y-Yuri?” 

 

“Try again.” The person said in a dark voice. It was definitely a boy. Who could it be?

I frowned a bit. “Um... Donghae, is that you?”

 

“Not even close.” The person whispered.

 

“Yunho?” I tried again.

 

“If that is who your expecting then I guess I have set you up for disappointment.” The person said in his normal voice.

 

My lips formed a wide smile as I removed the hands from my eyes and turned around to face Ryeowook. “Wookie!” I chirped happily and flung my arms around him without letting him respond. I felt him wrap his arms around my waist and I forgot all about how tired I had been.

 

“What are you doing here, Yoong?” He asked before loosening his grip on me enough to face me.

 

I pouted as I fiddled with the collar of his shirt. “Mrs. Goo gave me after school duties, basically giving the janitors a day off.” 

 

“Tsk... what did you do to deserve it?” He asked and smiled at me knowingly. 

 

“It is not my fault that her classes are boring! If her lessons were more interesting I would not have fallen asleep!” I defended as I looked him dead in the eye.

 

Ryeowook shook his head disapprovingly and sighed. “What am I supposed to do with you, Yoona?” 

 

“Let me sleep over again tonight. Or... just let me move in.” 

 

He removed his arms from around my waist and placed his hands on his hips. The loss of his warmth was somewhat upsetting. “Why would you move in?” He asked and raised an eyebrow.

 

“Because mom will kill me when she finds out that I slept in class again! She is already mad at me for sleeping out last night. Thank God it was at your place, or else she would have sent me to a boarding school!” I looked at him with pleading eyes.

 

“Oh, come on! Auntie will not kill you. She might scold you a bit, but you will survive.” He assured without looking me in the eyes. “Come on. I’ll walk you home.” He said and offered me his hand.

 

“You will defend me right?” I looked from his hand to his eyes pleadingly.

 

He smiled the sweetest smile at me before taking my hand in his. “Till death do us part.” He said and winked at me. 

 

Till death do us part... We used to always make that promise to each other when we were younger. I felt more secure now as we held hands and walked out of the school’s gates and towards my house. 

 

“Do you want to let go of my hand?” Ryeowook asked after a while. 

 

I shook my head and held his hand a bit tighter. “I feel better if I’m holding your hand.” I smiled warmly at him.

 

He smiled back and nodded. “Okay.”

 

About 10 minutes later we were outside my door. I gulped before reaching to ring the doorbell. 

 

“What are you doing?” Ryeowook asked and looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

 

“I’m... ringing the doorbell?” 

 

“You cannot be that scared of your own mother?” He asked with his eyebrows raised.

 

“Not scared, but I already know that she is going to scold me.” I mumbled as I retreated my hand.

 

Ryeowook opened the door and walked inside while still holding my hand. We took off our shoes once we were inside and walked down the hallway. “Auntie?” He called.

 

 

“Who is there?” Came from the kitchen.

 

“Auntie, it is me and Yoona.” Ryeowook said and smiled. Soon my mom came walking out of the kitchen quickly to meet us.

 

“Oh, Wook-ah! It’s been so long! How have you been?” She asked after squeezing Ryeowook in a tight hug.

 

“I have been fine, thank you, auntie. I-” 

 

Mom cut him off by cupping his cheeks. “I talked to your mother this morning and she told me this one,” She stopped to glare at me for a second before smiling sweetly at Ryeowook. “slept over at your house. I am so happy you two are still keeping contact with each other! You see, I am not too fond of Yoona’s new friends and boyfriends-”

 

“Mom! I have never dated more than one boy at the time!” I yelled and stomped my foot.

 

She raised her index finger at me. “Do not raise your voice at your mother.” She then looked back at Ryeowook and shrugged. “Only God knows how many boys have been in and out of this house.”

 

“U-um... I am sure there were not that many.” Ryeowook stuttered and gulped. He suddenly seemed uncomfortable. 

 

“You should have seen it for yourself.” Mom said and shook her head sorrily. “Anyway, I want you to always keep an eye on her and hang out with her at school. I don’t doubt her grades will get way better if she spends more time with a clever boy like you.” She said happily and patted Ryeowook’s head. Even though I was far from being praised throughout this conversation I still felt a bit better when mom told Ryeowook to always stay with me. Ryeowook is probably the only boy my mom approves of and will ever approve of.

 

“Thank you for saying that, mother.” He said and bowed a whole 90 degree bow.

 

“Oh stop that! You are so polite and formal. Just feel at home!” Mom said as Ryeowook straightened himself.

 

Mom seemed pretty content and I took it as a free pass to make my escape. I took Ryeowook’s hand in mine and tugged him towards the stairs. “We’ll be going upstairs now.” I muttered.

 

“And YOU!” My mom pointed a warning finger at me. “Your teacher mrs. Goo called and told me that you slept in her class!” Crap! 

 

I sighed and bit my lower lip. Here goes my freedom for probably a week. “I-”

 

“It was my fault, auntie.” Ryeowook stated. My lips parted slightly as I stared at him in shock. “She slept over at my place, as you know, and I kept her awake. I am sorry.” He said and bowed slightly.

 

Mom looked at Ryeowook with understanding and looked at me suspiciously. “But, why would you keep her awake, sweetheart?” She asked while staring me dead in the eye.

 

“Yoona is my best friend and we have not been together like that in a long time so I wanted to spend as much time with her as possible. I should have thought twice...” Ryeowook said. I squeezed his hand as a ‘thank you’.

 

Mom sighed and smiled wholeheartedly at Ryeowook. “It is okay. I understand. You are such a good boy.” She said. It almost looked as if she was at the verge of crying! She gave Ryeowook a last hug before walking back into the kitchen, while me and Ryeowook went upstairs towards my room.

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------

A/N:

Hi guys!

If you didn't figure it out and are a bit confused; in the beginning of this chapter Yoona is dreaming. Ryeowook and Sooyoung haven't been together for a week ;-)

Please anticipate the next chapter! I hope you like the fic so far! :D

You guys are awesome! <3 I will finish this YoonWook fic for you ;-) (not yet of course) I am not too sure about how long the fic will be, but we will see. I actually wanted to end it with a cliffhanger, but the chapter would have been too long I feel.

Anyway,

I LOVE ALL MY SUBSCRIBERS AND READERS! <3

 

special +

I picture Yoona like this when lying down with Ryeowook <3

Delusional shipper is delusional.

YoongYoong loves Ryeong

 

Next chapter should be out in a few weeks at the most! ;-) <3