The Dinner

♥♥Key To My Heart♥♥ (Tiana and Kyuhyun)

            Marcus and Tiana went to a famous Italian restaurant. It was one of the elite restaurant in Seoul, so there are only few people in there.

                  He opened the door for her. And as they entered the place, she was amazed of the cozy environment.

                  “How many girls had you brought here?” She asked  with a serious look.

                  “Huh?! You’re the first one I brought here. I promise!” Marcus panicked.

                  Tiana suddenly laughed at his expression. “I’m just kidding! Calm down..”

                  “You got me nervous there..” Marcus smiled with a sigh.

                  “You really prepared on this, huh?” Tiana asked Marcus as they were walking towards their table.

                  “Well, you can’t blame me, can you? It’s been a while since we met.” He said.

                  As they reached the table, Marcus pulled a chair so that Tiana could sit. He then took a sit on a chair in front of Tiana.

                  “May I take your order please,” it was the waiter.

                  The waiter took Tiana and Marcus’ order and went back to the kitchen.

                  “I don’t know why you will spend so much for a dinner. We should have eaten on a cheaper restaurant than here.” Tiana said while looking at Marcus.

                  “It’s alright. Anyway, it’s all worth it.”

                  Tiana noticed that though the place is huge, only four tables were occupied. Nobody even occupied the 2 tables next to theirs.

                  No sooner, the waiter arrived with their orders. It was a pasta with white sauce or something, Tiana can’t even remember the name of the dish. She just chose it because the name was unusual.. Then, they began eating.

                  Marcus noticed that Tiana kept looking around her. She seems to be uncomfortable on her seat.

                  “Is there something wrong? You seemed to be troubled.”

                  “Sorry, I’m alright.”

                  “Are you sure?”

                  “Mmm.. hmm.” She smiled at him.

                  The truth is, Tiana felt really strange on that place. She felt like someone  is watching her. Or was it just her imagination? She tried to remove the thought from her mind as she talked to Marcus.

                  “By the way, how come you’re here in Korea? But before that, what happened to you? You transferred to other school right? What’s the reason?” she asked him continuously.

                  “Oh, I’m sorry about that. My father’s job was transferred to the other branch of the company. My mom doesn’t want us to be separated so I agreed to be transferred. I tried to inform you but I lost my phone the day before we move out. That’s why I lost contact with you.” Marcus explained.

                  Tiana nodded. “So, that’s what happened.”

                  “Yes, and for your next question. I came here in Korea because one of my friends is working here in the same hospital. He informed that they have a job opening and I asked his help to work her. And that’s the whole story.”

                  “So, that’s how you came here,” Tiana said.

                  “Yeah. How about you? How come you’re here? All seven of you are here?”

                  “Actually, I was the last one who returned here. I used to work in my uncle’s hospital in our province. I asked the six girls to find me a job here and luckily, I was accepted.”

                  “It’s very lucky we’re on the same hospital. You know what, it means something.”

                  “Something what?”

                  “Destiny!” He said then laughed. Tiana laughed with him too.

                  “You’re silly!” she said.

                  “I’m just kidding!”

                  Two men entered the restaurant and sat at the table next to the laughing couple.

                  “Mr. Cho, the secretary of Mr. Go said that they already left about half an hour ago. I suppose they’ll be arriving in any minute now,” the man said as he placed his phone on his pocket.

                  “That’s good.” Kyuhyun replied. He looked around and noticed the couple that seems to be very happy talking with each other. It’s a good thing that there is a distance between tables to keep the privacy of each customer.

                  He stared at the couple. His eyes were stuck on the girl. He felt nostalgic when he stared at her. The way she smiled and the way she talk brought him back a memory. A memory of a girl he once loved and still loving.

                  A girl named Tiana.

 

                  “You’re really funny Marcus!” Tiana said laughing. Marcus hasn’t change when it comes to sense of humor.

                  “Well, it can’t be helped,” he replied.

                  Suddenly, Tiana has that strange feeling again that someone is watching her.

                  “Hey, tell me, have you ever had a girlfriend?” She asked. She doesn’t wan to spoil the night just because of the strange feeling. She will be ashamed if Marcus notice her uneasy.

                  Marcus sipped on her juice before he answered her.

                  “Nah, I never had a girlfriend.”

                  “What? With that looks? Oh come on, you’ve got to be kidding me..” She’s aware that a lot of girls have a crush on him  since college.

                  “Really.. I never had one..”

                  “But for sure you’re courting someone. I won’t believe that you’re not courting any girl.”

Marcus chuckled on what Tiana said.

                  “Why? Why didn’t you court any girl. I’m pretty sure that they will say ‘Yes’ immediately,” she said.

                  “It’s because the woman I like love someone else. And I’m too ashamed to tell her.” He said seriously. “I guess, I’m just afraid to be rejected.”

                  “How will you know that you’ll be rejected if you never tried to admit it? What if, she doesn’t like the guy anymore. There’s no harm in trying anyway.”

                  He looked seriously at her. “You think so?”

                  “Yeah. Of course, and who do you think will resist that look?” She said and chuckled.

                  He smiled at her sweetly. “Thanks.”

                  She smiled yet she still feels uneasy inside. She tried looking around yet saw no one looking  at her or their direction. Then she noticed the two men were sitting at a table next to theirs.

                  Maybe they arrived while we were laughing, that’s why we didn’t noticed them, she thought.

                  She also saw two men entered the room. They went straight towards the men on the next table.  The two men stood up and greeted the two new comers. Tiana nearly gasped when she stared at one of the two guys in the table lately. She can’t be mistaken. There’s no mistake about it.

                  It was Kyuhyun!

                  She removed her eyes away from him. Now, she can feel her heart beats faster. Why, of all times, would she meet him here? It was a very bad timing for her, especially she’s with Marcus. She tried not to look at him because she was afraid that he might caught her looking at him, but she can’t help it. She’s still staring at him without his knowledge, then looks away when she noticed what she was doing.

                  Throughout the night, there was nothing on her mind but Kyuhyun. She was still talking and laughing with Marcus but her thought was on Kyuhyun. Until they decide to leave. Just before she went out of the door, she tried to get a glimpse of him and saw him stood up and brought out his phone, as if making a call.

 

                  “I had a great time,” Marcus told her as they reached her place.

                  Tiana smiled at him. “Me too. Thanks.”

                  “No, I should thank you. It’s been a long time since I last enjoyed other’s company. Thank you for that.” He replied with a smile.

                  She chuckled.

                  “I think you have to go up now. They’ve been waiting for you, I suppose,” he said then looked up. Tiana looked up too to the window and saw the girls. Then as if they were startled, they drew the curtains immediately.

                  “Yeah. I guess I have a lot of stalker. So I’ll go up.” She said.

                  “Okay, see you at the hospital,” he said.

                  “Yeah. Take care.” She replied.

                  “Bye.” He said and gave her a kiss of the cheek.