The Man From A Memory

♥♥Key To My Heart♥♥ (Tiana and Kyuhyun)

                 Crissa stared inside the room and noticed a man wearing a black jacket with hood and a cap on his head. He is walking towards the door.

                  “Hey, don’t you think that man is a bit overdressed?” Crissa commented. The girls turned to look on the man Crissa pointed except for Tiana who was very busy eating her ice cream.

                  “Yup! I think so,” Rianne answered.

                  “But he seems so familiar,” Maley said.

                  Then, as if a lightning, it struck to the thought of Alia, Maley, Joana, Crissa, Arianne and Rianne.

                  “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?!” Crissa said with a shock face.

                  “It’s… It’s…” Joana muttered while panting.

                  “Yeah, it’s him!” Alia said then turned to shake Tiana. “Hey! Hey! You have to see this!”

                  “What’s your problem?! And stop shaking me! You’re making me dizzy..”  Alia stopped shaking Tiana.

                  “It’s him!” Rianne said excitedly.

                  “…him? Who?” And Tiana looked at where Alia was pointing. What she saw was a guy entering a van that they noticed a while ago, then the man beside him closed the door as he entered. The other two men went inside the van. One on the driver’s seat, the other on the front’s passenger seat. In just few seconds, the van set forth.

                  “Did you see that?” Arianne asked.

                  Tiana was confused.

                  “What was so important with that man? He’s nothing special.. You don’t even know him.” Tiana said in a frustrated tone.

                  The girls looked at Tiana when they heard what she said. She noticed that they were all staring at her.

                  “What?!” she asked.

                  “You didn’t recognized him?” One of the girls said.

                  “Recognize who? You girls are making me nervous, you know.”

                  The girls looked at each other in disbelief, then looked at her.

                  “Tiana, it’s him. It’s Cho Kyuhyun.”

                  Tiana stared at them, then suddenly burst in laughter.

                  “Hahaha! That’s a pretty good joke huh,” she said laughing and then looked at them. The girls have serious faces while staring at her. She stopped laughing. “You’re kidding right?”

                  “Oh! How we wish we were..” Crissa muttered.

                  Tiana didn’t know how to react. Will she be happy because at last, Kyuhyun returned.. Or will she be angry for leaving her with no explanations.

                  “Girl, come on.. We’re sorry. We didn’t mean to hurt you.” Arianne said sadly.

                  “Sorry for what?! And me? Hurt? Of course not! Com’on guys, why will I get hurt?  We’re not even together before. Anyway, it’s been 5 years already. He probably has his own life and  I have mine too. So it doesn’t matter anymore.” She said, then she stood up. “ Excuse me. I’ll just go to the comfort room.”

                  The girls just stared at her as she walks away.

                  “I don’t think she’s okay..” Joana commented.

                  “Yeah, it’s seen in her eyes,” said Rianne.

                  The girls let out a sigh.

                  In the comfort room, Tiana was staring at her reflection on the mirror. Then a memory runs in her mind..

                 

It was their last night with the boys. They had an open forum together with them. They told the boys everything that they felt and thought about staying with them, same with the boys. Everybody was happy to be with each other.

                  It’s 11:00pm and all of the girls were soundly asleep except for Tiana. She already tried different positions just to be sleepy but she can’t. Finally she got up and went to the rooftop.

                  She stared at the place below. Hundreds of tiny lights were flickering coming from different houses and establishments of Seoul. Tiana took something from her pocket. It was a key. The key at the padlock she bought at Namsan Tower. She remembered putting her name, a heart, and Kyuhyun’s name at the back of the padlock before locking it at the tower. The thought made her smile.

                  “What are you doing here? It’s cold and freezing.”

                  Tiana was startled and surprised to see Kyuhyun standing just a few meters from her.

                  “Hmp.. As if you care,” she replied and returned her looks at the lights. Maybe it was just her defense mechanism because she felt that her cheeks became hotter. “Honestly, I can’t sleep. And don’t worry, I can manage the cold here and surely, I will not get si---“ she stopped talking when she felt warm on her shoulders. She was shocked because Kyuhyun placed his jacket on her.

                  “It will make you feel warmer..” he said and then he stood beside her and leaned at the railings. “Enjoying the scenery huh?!” he said without looking at her.

                  Tiana can feel her heart pounding faster.

                  “Y-yeah, it’s beautiful.” She replied. ‘Gosh! I’m stammering!” she thought.

                  “What is that you’re holding?”

                  “A key, obviously”

                  “A key? Hmmm.. A key for a padlock in Namsan Tower.”

                  “Yeah.”

                  “So, you also believe in hear says..”

                  “There’s nothing wrong if I try to believe with those..”

                  “I have mine too,” he said and took a key from his pocket and showed it to Tiana. “So, what did you put on the padlock?”

                  “Why do you want to know?” Tiana asked curiously.

                  “I’m just asking..”

                  “Okay.. But mine is a secret..” Tiana said smiling. “How about you? What did you put on it?”

                  “Hmmm.. My name..” he said.

                  Tiana giggled, “What’s so special with your name?”

                  “…and yours..”

                  Tiana gasped at what he said and turned to look at him but he’s looking at a distance.

                  ‘Did I heard it right? Did he said he placed his name and mine at the padlock? Or am I just imagining things?.. Maybe he really sa--.. no.. no.. no.. I’m only imagining things.. Yeah.. That’s right.. It’s impossible..’ Tiana thought.

                  She can feel her heart is beating faster now. She must find a way to remove the tension from their atmosphere.

                  “I will miss this place,” she said to break the ice between them. It seemed to caught the attention of Kyuhyun because he looked at her after she said it.

                  “What do you mean?” he asked, staring at her intently.

                  “Well.. I mean, I will miss everything here. The place, the atmosphere, the bonding with you guys, everything here.. This is just a once in a lifetime experience.” She said, then laughed. “Not everybody could get a chance to live with you, you know. We’re just so lucky to be the one chosen.” She continued. She felt better now.

                  ‘Success! The tension was gone.’

                  She turned and looked at Kyuhyun who was on the other hand, looking at her too.

                  “What?!” She asked. He just smiled.

                  “Nothing. I’m just not use to see you so serious. You always fight with me, debate with me or whatsoever.”

                  She tapped him on the shoulders.

                  “Sorry to disappoint you then. But,  there’s more to me than being clumsy, childish and boisterous. I have good sides too, you know.” She said in a cheerful tone. She wanted to make the conversation lighter

                  “Yeah, I’ve seen that,” he said seriously and moved a little closer to Tiana. “But you know what,  though you tried to be cheerful, you’re still sad. I can see it in your eyes.” He said.

                  A tear escaped for Tiana’s eye but she tried to control it.

                  “Uhm.. When we’re gone, please don’t forget about us,” she said sadly . Then she looked down at the lights. She doesn’t want him to see her hurt. She has to control her tears from falling down.

                  She was surprised when she felt warmer at her back. It was Kyuhyun! He gently placed his arms around her, making her feel safer and secured.

                  “Of course! We won’t forget you all,” he said and buried his face on her hair. “Especially you, Tiana.”

                  She bit her lower lip to prevent a sob from escaping.

                  Tiana felt his hands on her arms, then turned her slowly so that they were facing each other. She looked at his eyes and she saw that they were a little misty.

                  “I will miss you Kyu..” she said and the tears she was trying to stop, now flows freely in her cheeks.

                  “I will miss you too Tiana,” Kyuhyun said and hugged her tightly. “I will miss you so much..”

                  Tiana wished that time would stop at that moment. Kyuhyun’s arms around her, she never felt more secured. Emotions began to overtake Tiana and no sooner, she began sobbing. Kyuhyun gently caressed her back to comfort her.

                  “Ssshhhh.. It’s alright..” those were comforting words that Kyu said.

                  It took Kyuhyun a few minutes to alleviate Tiana from crying. His arms were still around Tiana, and it seems that he did not want to let go.

                  Tiana felt Kyuhyun’s arms loosening. She was there, staring at him. She saw the sadness in his eyes. Tiana did not even protested when she saw Kyuhyun lowered his face and claimed her lips with his. A tear escaped Kyuhyun’s eye.

                  It was her first kiss! It was light, gentle and free from any lust. She closed her eyes and allowed her tears to flow.

‘It’s not my imagination, right! I heard things correctly.’ She thought. She was very happy.

 

                  Tiana found herself touching her lips. The memory was still fresh to her, though it’s been five years ago. She then stared at the reflection on the mirror and saw that she was crying. She wiped the tears from her face and looked at the mirror. She wont let her emotion rules her over again.

                  ‘Damn with that memory!’