Part Two - Roses are wilting, Violets are dying

Just Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Part Two - Roses are wilting, Violets are dying

For the following week Myungsoo honestly lived like a piece of trash. He wouldn’t come out of his apartment, not even from his bed. He had barely eaten one meal a day and shower has somehow become an unknown term for him. Like that he spent days and nights unable to sleep and unable to stop crying over what he’d done. It felt like decades he spent crying on his pillow which had been the only listener for the whole time.

An invisible knife had been sent right through his heart by his own hand the moment he stepped out of Sungyeol’s house that evening. Since then, he cut himself off any contact with the outside world.

He knew he was acting all selfish and childish towards Sunggyu at least, because he knew that his brother had too much work to do himself and he surely was also worried about him. Myungsoo was always one of those who were hard to handle and there were times he would lock himself in his little dark world, but it never lasted longer than three days.

Therefore, Sunggyu for sure was going insane.

Few days later Woohyun walked in the direction of Myungsoo’s apartment, early in the morning. Sunggyu really had been losing all his sanity during the days before, not to mention he as well was busy with work as his boss hadn’t stopped throwing piles of papers on his shoulders. Therefore, being an attentive boyfriend Woohyun was, the previous day when Sunggyu had come home, he'd asked him for a spare key to Myungsoo’s apartment, telling him he’d go and check up on him.

That evening Woohyun got babied and showered with love as Sunggyu was glad he wasn’t alone in it.

In Woohyun’s honest opinion, Myungsoo was acting more than weird. No one knew what had happened, which was even worse than if they knew. And beside the fact that he was a bit mad at Myungsoo, Woohyun couldn’t deny the fact that he was worried as well. Because Myungsoo wasn’t the only one who wasn’t reachable. Sungyeol too. As if they both disappeared into thin air.

Spare key was just a plan B in case Myungsoo wouldn’t come to open the door - which was most likely to happen. But Woohyun tried. He knocked on the door several times, but nothing happened, just like he'd expected. So he'd fished the key from his pocket within seconds and opened the door.

What greeted him however wasn’t a pleasant sight. The smell wasn’t pleasant either. Except the fact that the curtains were closed so it looked like a cave there, it almost gave off the feel like someone has barged in there, destroyed everything and died in a corner.

There was glass shattered everywhere, furniture was broken into pieces and turned all upside-down and in the midst of it all there was some liquid Woohyun didn’t want to know the name of on the floor and the walls. Staring at the disaster around him, Woohyun even wondered if he was at the right place for a second.

Not even bothering to take his shoes off - since the place needed some general cleaning and his feet won’t certainly get along with the glass on the floor well - he marched towards the door of Myungsoo’s room, banging on the it loudly.

“Yah! Kim Myungsoo! I swear to the mother of all hamsters if you won’t open that damn door I’m going to break your neck and that’s not something you want!” he shouted, quite imaptiently waiting for an answer. In all seriousness, Woohyun had expected Myungsoo would just ignore him, but surprise made its way to his face once he heard a quiet click from the other side of the door.

The moment a surprised Woohyun stepped into Myungsoo’s room, the boy’s devastated figure was just falling on the bed again. It was suddenly as if something switched within Woohyun that made all the anger fade away. Seeing that Myungsoo’s condition was that miserable, he realised that whatever it was that had happened was way more serious than he expected.

Obviously, Woohyun had noticed that there was something secret going on between Sunggyu and Myungsoo, but when he did ask Sunggyu about that, he merely shook his head, saying it was just some unimportant family business they had to take care of. And Woohyun didn’t press on. However as he was facing the disaster that barged into Myungsoo‘s apartment, he was sure something went very wrong and it definitely wasn’t unimportant.

“What happened to you?” Woohyun asked after a while, his voice softening.

Instead of an answer, Myungsoo just rolled on the bed, facing the wall. Woohyun sighed, the day definitely was going to be long. “Come on.” he pleaded, sitting on the bed beside the boy.

“What do you want, hyung?” came a muffled question as Myungsoo pressed his face into the pillow.

“I asked first.” Woohyun chuckled. Childish one. He had to give in after a while anyway, since Myungsoo didn’t find his childishness funny at all and did not answer. “Sunggyu-hyung is worried to death about you. And to be honest, seeing this dumpster makes me worried too.” he sighed, scanning Myungsoo’s rather neglected, unmoving body.

“I just did what he told me to.” Myungsoo answered, sighing.

“Don’t tell me he told you to test a nuclear weapon in your apartment.” Woohyun snorted. He was glad that Myungsoo answered, which was quite rare whenever the boy locked himself in.

“Don’t try to be funny. You’re not.” Myungsoo snapped, wobbling into sitting position. Even in the dim light that lingered in the room, Woohyun could see how pale the younger boy was and how red his eyes were.

“So? Will you tell me?” Woohyun tried again, trying not to sound so eager.

“It’s complicated, hyung…” Myungsoo turned to Woohyun completely. “It’s not like I don’t want to tell you, but…” he sighed, when seeing that definitely won’t work on the tree in front of him. “Basically, I broke up with Yeol.” he said then in barely hearable whisper, making Woohyun choke on air.

“No wonder you’re like this…” Woohyun muttered once he managed to control his breathing again. “It’s not my business so I won’t ask, but I told Gyu I’ll check up on you and there’s no way in deepest pit of hell I’m leaving this place like this.” he added then, playful smirk appaearing on his face. He had to supress the urge to ask what made Myungsoo break up with Sungyeol, since as far as he knew the two of them were more in love than him and Sunggyu which was quite something.

Myungsoo just growled in annoyance, falling back on the bed. He was grateful that Woohyun didn’t ask more and maybe cleaning the place was a way how to make him forget about the misery that was his life at least for a while.

Even so, he didn’t want Woohyun to be stuck with him for whole day.

“Go home, hyung. I’ll do this.” he tried to chase Woohyun away by his completely see-through and impossible-to-fullfil promises he’d clean everything up. He tried.

And Woohyun might have been stupid, but he wasn’t that stupid. His nagging side had awakened in him, needless to say he got that one dangerously soon after he got together with Sunggyu, and he started pulling Myungsoo out of the bed. Seeing that there was no use in it as Myungsoo effectively did whatever he could to stay in bed, Woohyun took it to threats.

“Get your lazy off that bed or I’ll go find a bucket with water and empty it on your damn head.” he threatened in low voice. That, after all, was one of the things Sunggyu taught him through time. And it seemed to work as Myungsoo slowly kicked himself into sitting position again, sighing.

The day indeed was going to be long.

By the afternoon, Woohyun somehow managed to succeed in making Myungsoo look like a human again and the apartment didn’t look that bad either anymore. It wasn’t like Myungsoo cared though. It was more like he found it cute that Woohyun was practically his housemaid for the day just for Sunggyu.

It reminded him of Sungyeol and their times spent together again.

“I promised Gyu-hyung that I’ll take you with me to see him so go and get dressed.” Woohyun called from the kitchen right when Myungsoo stepped out of the bathroom with a towel loosely hanging around his waist.

“I don’t want to.” Myungsoo growled stubbornly. It wasn’t like he didn’t want to see Sunggyu again, but knowing his brother too well, he knew that he’d have to spend the afternoon listening to his endless stream of questions and nags. He had already enough when nag-infected Woohyun showed up.

“Objection rejected.” Woohyun retorted. “You’re going.” he added, coming from the kitchen closer to Myungsoo, who all of sudden looked like kicked puppy. Woohyun softened. He knew that there was too big weight on Myungsoo’s shoulders now and yet he still kept giving him orders from the morning, while the boy silently complied.

“Look, Myung. He misses you. He’s worried sick about you and you can’t blame him. Endure it for once and come with me, okay?” Woohyun pleaded after a while of silence, placing his hand on Myungsoo’s bare shoulder.

“Okay.”

The meeting with Sunggyu didn’t go as bad as Myungsoo had expected, even when Sunggyu nagged like there was no tomorrow. Not to mention that Sunggyu nagged about his new phone that he got from Woohyun when they were on their way there. And even though Myungsoo had been reproached for being impossible, irresponsible and selfish jerk, the boy found himself smiling for the first time in that week that felt like millenium to him. That was something he needed all along. He just didn’t realise it.

A distraction.

To Myungsoo’s surprise, Sunggyu didn’t ask what happened. He was sure Woohyun was going to tell him anyway, therefore Myungsoo just enjoyed his little distraction that was brought to him by those two dorks who were so disgustingly cute that it made Myungsoo want to puke rainbows. But he was grateful. For once, he completely forgot about Sungyeol and just had fun shoving forks with pieces of cake to their throats.

Even though he didn’t know the details, Sunggyu knew that Myungsoo’s behaviour had to do something with the choding; he'd sensed it. And even though he had told Myungsoo not to do anything stupid before,it was more than crystal clear that the boy had done something far beyond stupid.

Aside from that, as Sungyeol was also out of reach, Sunggyu saw the worries plastered all over Woohyun’s face even when the boy tried to hide it. Sungyeol was his best friend after all and worried Woohyun was just a cherry on the top of Sunggyu’s pile of problems.

Sungyeol’s case was different since he did have a spare key, but he didn’t give to anyone. So no matter mow many times Woohyun tried to bang on his door, kick the door in or yell, no one would come and open up, making Woohyun go away with his head down. When he'd tried phone, there was absolutely no chance that Sungyeol would pick up or text back.

It’d been a week since Sungyeol did not hear anything about Myungsoo and in all honesty, the way he lived ever since was even worse than Myungsoo’s. It wasn’t like Sungyeol knew how miserable Myungsoo’s life was though. He didn’t even care anymore. But even so, he still kept the violets Myungsoo brought him last week… Even when they were completely dead, he still kept them.

As well as Myungsoo, he spent nights crying, continuously asking why did it happen. No one answered him and he himself was almost going crazy because he just couldn’t find out what the hell went wrong. He felt numb. Myungsoo with his face, body and smile alre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter