Part One - Roses are red, Violets are blue

Just Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Part one - Roses are red, Violets are blue

Lee Sungyeol awoke to the rays of sunglight lazily peering through the curtains, hitting his heavy eyelids. Reluctantly he slowly rolled on the bed, pulling a blanket over his head in the process to shield his precious eyes from the killing light. Yawning widely, he stretched his long limbs and wobbled into sitting position, blinking rapidly to kick the sleep from his eyes (which didn’t quite work for him).

Glancing at the clock however, the sleepiness disappeared fastly and the boy let out a terrified gasp. It was already past ten in the morning, which meant whole day of receiving death glares, cold responses and eventually getting ignored from a certain someone, who just happened to be his very punctual boyfriend. And as expected, one of the things he hated the most was when people arrived late. Especially when it came to certain Lee Sungyeol.

In short, Sungyeol was in one deep .

He dashed to the bathroom to take a quick shower and brush his teeth in the speed of light. The day obviously didn’t have a good start for him, which was proved when a toothpaste tube fell from his hands and he accidentaly stepped on it when trying to grab it again. As a result, the bathroom floor got polished by mint toothpaste that morning and also there was a whole lot of colourful swearings escaping Sungyeol’s mouth.

He scanted his breakfast and proceeded to drink just a glass of milk, which also fell as a victim for his clumsiness. He gave up on touching anything that could get broken (since he accidently pushed a vase and it shattered also) and snatched his phone to look why the damn thing didn’t wake him up when it was supposed to. And he facepalmed himself right away. The battery was dead. Now he was sure he had tons of missed calls and threatening text messages saying that if he doesn’t move his , then that very same will end in the deepest hole of burning hell by the end of that day.

Sungyeol sighed, tossing his phone onto his bed since he really didn’t have the time to charge it, grabbed his wallet, keys and dashed out.

Freezing air outside was like a punch to his face, which was still a bit flushed with sleep. But what else could he expect in the middle of January, right? While letting his long legs take him where he was supposed to be for already an hour, his mind still produced  more and more horrible scenarios of his future death that also might come to him within the following few hours.

It’s Kim Myungsoo we are talking about here, people.

It wasn’t like Myungsoo was going to yell at Sungyeol (which would be better at times). No. He was going to torture him with almost deafening silence and complete ignorance. Sungyeol hated it and felt guilty every time situation like that occurred and Myungsoo himself knew that pretty well.

He knew he was being kind of unfair to Sungyeol, because he never really was that angry, but it always somehow amused him to watch Sungyeol being all desperate when trying to catch at least a glimpse of his attention.

And Sungyeol knew about it also. He knew that Myungsoo’s ignorace was just a façade. But he still tagged along and played the game with him. And so did Myungsoo.

We can say they were just bored and in love enough to play stupid games like that. Needless to say they loved each other unconditionally, knowing secret ways of how to make the other forgive them after doing something that really was worth anger. They knew everything about the other from A to Z and yet they still found themselves falling in love with one another anew every single day.

Sungyeol ran down the street, his eyes already catching the sign of the café where Myungsoo was still waiting for him. But he stopped all of sudden, when he saw something he never did before. As he was passing by the various shops, he stopped in front of one, which most probably was new there.

‘Florist’s shop?’ he thought, curiously looking through the shop window, seeing a florist girl standing behind the counter, rearranging lilies in the vase. Then an idea struck his excessively clever mind and he stepped inside the shop, already pulling out his wallet. Myungsoo certainly wouldn’t expect an apology gift, he smiled to himself, approaching the girl whose attention was still focused on the lilies.

“Hello.” Sungyeol greeted, amusedly watching the girl’s surprised expression.

“Oh, hello. I’m sorry I didn’t see you. How can I help you, sir?” she asked, smiling shyly.

“Just two red roses, please. The prettiest ones you have here.” Sungyeol grinned, watching the girl disappearing behind the piles of green. He inwardly praised himself. It’d been a while since he bought Myungsoo something like a flower despite the fact he knew exactly what kind Myungsoo liked the most - blood-like roses.

“Here you go, sir. Is that going to be all?” she returned with two roses in her hands.

“Yes, thank you.” Sungyeol snapped out of his thinking and paid for the flowers. They really were pretty; not too small, not too big either, not too dark, not too light. Just perfect.

He then took one of the roses and was about to go.

“Sir, you forgot the second one!” the girl called after him.

Sungyeol turned around, flashing her a smile. “That one is for you.” he said and left the shop.

The very moment Sungyeol stepped into the café, where Myungsoo sat for nearly one hour and half already, he immediately went to his table, grinning widely. That apparently surprised the other, but he didn’t show it.

“Where were you?” Myungsoo asked, effectively hiding the happiness he actually felt.

Sungyeol however kept quiet. Instead of some crappy apology he would say at any other time he made one long step closer to the younger boy, slowly bending down to have their faces at the same level, his arms unconspiciously folded behind his back, holding the rose. Myungsoo stared at him, not even blinking. So did Sungyeol before he quickly leaned closer, pressing a soft peck on Myungsoo’s cheek.

Even when he pulled his lips away from the boy’s face, he stayed like that for a while longer, having their cheeks pressed against each other. Sungyeol’s breath tickled Myungsoo’s ear, sending chills down his spine. Sungyeol always acted rather all cute and cuddly, even in public. He hardly ever was like this, all mysterious and stuff. Especially in public.

“Sorry I’m late, Soo.” he whispered, slowly pulling away from Myungsoo’s face, staring at him again, grinning widely.

Myungsoo blinked few times, trying to process what in the world was going on. For a second he just wanted to jump from the chair he was sitting on and scream who was that person and what did they do with his Sungyeol, but on the other hand, this side of the elder was something Myungsoo liked. Quite a lot.

“Is there something on my face?” he asked sheepishly, when Sungyeol didn’t blink for kind of long time.

“No.” Sungyeol replied briefly, in all seriousness.

“So what’s your excuse this time?” Myungsoo coughed awkwardly, gesturing for Sungyeol to sit down.

“I don’t have any. I somehow don’t want to blame everything on the poor thing I call my cell-phone.” Sungyeol said, still grinning. It actually started to be scary.

“And… That’s all?” Myungsoo raised his eyebrow in disbelief. Sungyeol’s apologies were always a bit longer and he always blamed it on someone or something. Something was fishy.

“No. You can blame it on that new shop down the street.” Sungyeol chuckled, completely amused by Myungsoo’s failed attempts to stay cool with everything. When instead of looking cool, like he always tried, he rather looked unbearably adorable.

“What?”

“Yeah. They made me buy this for you.” Sungyeol finally pulled the rose from behind his back.

Myungsoo really did try his best and keep the corners of his mouth down to maintain his cold facial expression, but he failed miserably. He'd always failed, whenever Sungyeol was too cute for him to resist. Myungsoo gave up and let his face soften, feeling a shy smile finally overtaking his lips as he slowly reached out his hand to take the rose.

“Idiot.”

Roses are red, violets are blue,

sugar is sweet and perhaps so are you.

A lot later that day, after Myungsoo walked Sungyeol home, spending another half an hour at the doorstep arguing over a movie they should watch tomorrow, Myungsoo slowly led his steps home. Fate was kind enough to let the two of them live only three blocks away from each other, so even if they walked slowly, they were at the other’s place within fifteen minutes.

Myungsoo was grateful for that day that was slowly coming to an end. It was one of those days again when he literally felt the time running faster, while he spent it with the overgrown child. It wasn’t like Myungs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter