Graduation

If We Fall In Love

“…Today is the day that we all had been waiting for, a day when we all could finally escape the restrictions of school.  A day that some of us fear of as we finally set foot in a much complicated world. We had been together for years, studying and getting the guarantee of our future…..” The man standing in the middle of the stage gave his speech as everyone was listening to him. “My dear batch mates, congratulations!” He greeted everyone as he ended his speech and closing the whole graduation ceremony.

He walked down the stage and greeted and bowed to everyone present when an executive from certain company started to talk to him. “Hi Mr. Shim, I am Mr. Kang from the KS group of company. I am here to offer you a job in our company…” “Mr. Kang, it is a pleasure to be offered a job opportunity in your company. I will surely try to consider your offer.” Changmin responded politely. “That’s great to hear from you. We hope to see you around then..” Changmin smiled and thanked the man and bowed as he roamed around the hall as if looking for someone.

****

“OPPA!” A girl shouted on top of her lungs as she waves her arms in the open to catch her brother’s attention. “Oppa, congratulations! You are so cool.” “ Ji Eun, when did you come back from the states?” as her brother hugs her tight. “I arrived early this morning oppa.” “Aish, you should’ve told me that you were coming. Where’s Umma and Appa?” Her brother asked and she pointed out to the corner near the doorway where their parents were standing. The two of them walked toward their parents and bowed together. “Jinki, congratulations! You made us really proud of you.” His mother told him. “Your sister Ji Eun even managed to come back just in time for your graduation.” “Thank you umma! I can never do this without each one of you guiding me.” They all had a little family chat and also took pictures with the people around them.

****

The whole graduation ceremony and after party has ended for that day, Changmin being the last one to leave the place, not a single shade of happiness can be seen in his face, he walked out of the place and headed home holding his certificate by his left. He waited in the bus stop for quite sometime and when the bus finally came he got on the bus and found himself a seat by the window. The whole ride home, he was miserable and lonely. He opened the small gate of their house and found his mother stitching some rags as her tears were falling while his father on the other corner was drunk. He walked in the house as if no one was there; it was the same old scene he sees whenever he comes home; his father drunk and his mother crying.

“You! You useless boy!” his drunk father shouted at him. Changmin stopped for a second and continued his way “You useless boy! Changmin!” his father kept repeating and finally Changmin turned around with a disbelief smirk on his face. “Who are you calling USELESS?” Changmin shouted at his father. “Who else would it be? You stupid boy!” “YOU ARE THE USELESS ONE! You do nothing all day except for getting drunk and abusing my mother! You are Shameless!” Changmin burst in anger.  His father stood up from his seat attempting to punch Changmin. Changmin clenched his fist as if he was ready what to do and prepared for what will happen next. Before he knew it his mother was infront of him, trying to protect him, crying and begging his father not to hurt him. “..Don’t do this! Don’t hurt my son! Please!”

 

_______________________________

Okay, i know this is not that good for a first Chapter

*bows 90 degrees* I'm so sorry~

but i hope you'll keep on reading ^_^