Chapter 1

trite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I missed you.

It was almost winter season and the weather was getting colder. Everyone was out late in the morning. I woke up 8 in the morning and my roommate was still sleeping. I rose from my bed quietly and went to the comfort room to rinse my face. As the water started to flow I washed my face. I reached for my towel hanging around the towel holder and caught my reflection in the mirror, I unconsciously touched my hair.

I felt sad.

I missed my long hair. I missed~~

Hey you ok? A soft voice I heard from behind

I turned around and it was my little sister.

Of course. Why won’t I be ok? I responded with little smile as I leave.

I went down to prepare breakfast. But I was surprise when I saw my parents at home. My dad was relaxing in the sofa and the TV was on while mom was setting the utensils in the dining table .

Appa! Umma! I uttered happily and ran towards them. I missed you two. Then gave them each my welcome hugs and kisses. 

Dongsaeng, Umma and Appa are home.I happily called my little sister. 

 

Let’s eat! I made breakfast. Mom warmly said. My dongsaeng and I smiled and taken our seats. We missed mom’s cooking. It has been a while since she last cooked for us. Mom made bulgogi ,kimchi stew, hotdog, ham and baked bacon with rice. She even prepared her specialty my favourite hot chocolate.

Ah I missed this hot chocolate. You’re the best mom. I retorted with a satisfied look. Mom smiled

How was school when we were away? Mom asked

There were more activities going in the school. I auditioned for the PEP SWAD she paused and continued cheerfully and I was chosen among the auditionee. Isn’t it great mom and dad? She squealed.

That’s amazing baby. So when will we get to see you perform? Mom said with a smile on her face.

 

It has been months since mom and dad last came home from their business trip and work abroad. Even though it was just me and my dongsaeng left at home with the maids, mom and dad never failed to call and check us. The house was quiet when they are off to work or our business. But my sister and I got used to it. It bonded us more. But nothing can ever replace when we are complete and happily chatting with each other.

Yah! Yurim Unni gwenchana? My dongsaeng asked with worried eyes and a waving hand in front of my face. It snaped me back to reality.

Of course. I just missed the conversations with mom and dad during meals, that’s all. I uttered smiling. Jae-In, my dongsaeng continued to chat with mom and dad. Since Jae-In is talkative and hyper today I just let her reply to mom’s queries. 

As they were happily chatting, my eyes fell on my sister, Jae-In. I can't help but compare myself with her. Her hair is longer now and her curls are beautiful. She is such a sweetheart and nice to have with. Talented as mine but a bit lazy. But she never let neglect her studies as an Audio and Visual Communication Student. 

 

We spent the whole day chatting, cracking up jokes and having some quality time with each other since it was Sunday. When we were relaxing at the Veranda, which was located in the right side of in the second floor of our house, mom and dad decided that we go out for dinner. The excited Jae-In happily agree and skips up to her to take her shower. Honestly I don’t want to go out for dinner but since Jae-In seems excited, I said yes.

I was about to turn away from the relaxing view of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter