"I'm sorry...I love you."

⚜ If You Were Me

 “Miyoung, 3 o’clock, 50 meters out.”

I nodded, “Ara, ara, I see him.” I spoke out into the blue before creeping alongside the wall of the building. 

“After you take him out, there are 4 more inside; 2 in the lobby and 2 guarding the door.”                                      

I swallowed, and as the guys turned his back, I snuck up to him, taking out my knife and covering his mouth, I slit his throat.

“After you take out the 4 inside, you have 5 minutes before reinforcement comes your way.”

“De, algaesumnida.” I spotted one man leaving the lobby before straightening up and walking right in.  I smirked as the guard swayed to the classical music playing in the background.  I walked up right behind him and tippy toed up to his ear, “Nice dance moves.” He turned his head as I placed my hands on his mouth and his head before forcefully twisting it back.  His neck softened and his body slouched to the ground. I my lips before puffing my bangs away and hiding him under the table.

I scribbled ‘bathroom’ on a piece of paper before going to hide as the man who left, returned. 

“That bastard couldn’t wait for me to come back before leaving.” He chuckled and stuffed a Twinkie in his mouth as I rolled my eyes. 

“Miyoung, just take your suppressor and end it quickly.” Sehun spoke through the ear piece.  “But this is more fun—”

“Stop wasting time.”

I scowled and twisted it on my gun before stepping out into the open, “Sweetie?” I cooed sweetly before he turned around.  I pulled the trigger and the bullet landed right between his eyes.  I quickly shoved the gun into my belt and ran to soften his fall so it wouldn’t ricochet throughout the building.  I stuffed him under the table with the other dead body before quietly making my way up the stairs, “2 down, 2 more to go. What’s their status?” I asked.

“One’s inside and the other one is standing right outside the door.”

I nodded and threw a pen out into the hall as bait.  Footsteps became louder as the man approached me.  He bent down and picked up the pen before looking up and meeting my foot in his face.  He grunted and grabbed my legs, causing me to fall backwards.  I puffed air out before kneeing his stomach. 

He mumbled a few bitter words and got on top of me, slapping me across my cheeks before grabbing my throat.  My hands gripped tightly on his shirt; my knuckles quickly turned white as I tried pulling him towards me.  I could feel my face heating up and my throat crying for air.

“Miyoung—I’m com-”

“Don’t!” I grunted before shooting my head up against his.  He shook his head from the dizziness as I struck the side of my hand into his neck.  He rolled backwards; I lifted my legs up from under him and kicked him before getting up and taking him by his mouth and the back of his skull and twisting his neck.  The sound of his bones crackling signaled his death.

I puffed out air and stumbled up before warily walking to the door room.  “Don’t come to me, Sehun. Ever.”  He responded in silence.

“How the hell am I supposed to do this?” I asked myself before sighing and knocking on the door.  I stepped out of eyes view and waited for the door to open.

Moments later an arm stuck out.  I grabbed it and twisted his wrist, causing his gun to fall to the floor.  I dragged him out of the room and flung his against the wall.  I walked forward and grabbed a fistful of his hair and powerfully punching him in his throat.  I threw his limp body back and turned around and walked inside the room.

“You have 5 minutes, get him out. Your team’s waiting on the south entrance.”

I ran into the bedroom where the director was semi-conscious.  “Director-nim.” I quickly untied him and helped him up.  “Come on; you have to bear the pain and help me.” I spoke softly as we entered the living room.

Just as we were leaving, a single gunshot ricocheted throughout the room.  The director fell to the ground.  My eyes shot up and my body tensed up.

“What the hell happened!?” I shrieked.  “Miyoung, you need to get out, now! Leave him!”  I threw his body off mines and ran out as gunshots rang in my ears.  I ran back down the stairs and made it to the lobby before Sehun spoke, “Turn around, south entrance…I’ll be waiting.”

I took off the other way before the reinforcements could get inside.  Loud shouting was heard from the front of the mansion as I ducked behind the bushes in the back.  Once the road was clear, I took off in a sprint towards my exit. 

“Miyoung, hop the fence.”

I looked around before noticing a fence 30 meters out.  I shook my head, “I-I can’t.  It’s out in the open.  I’ll be shot before I make it there.” I breathed heavily.  “Hop it.” he said strictly before I sighed.

“I better see you across the fence.” I muttered before he answered, “I’ll be waiting.”

I my lips in frustration before waiting for a good time to move.  I shook my head and slowly started making my way over.  I turned to take a glance at the growing enforcement stalking the perimeter, “I’m not going to make it, Sehun. You guys just leave.” I spoke, still walking towards the fence.  “Shut up! We got you cover; run on 3.”

I smiled subconsciously, “Run on 3 or run after 3?” I questioned before multiple voices screamed at me through my earpiece.  “Geeze guys, just lighting up the mood.” I muttered before the counting started, “hana, tul…” he sighed, “-set.”

I quickly glance behind me before running towards the fence.  Within seconds, someone shouted something in the distance and gunshots rang from both sides, behind me and in front of me, behind the fence.  I looked up and saw Sehun reaching his hands out for me as our teams were shooting down the opposing side.

I ran and jumped, grabbing his arms as he pulled me up.  A sudden pain ached on my side. “Ah! !!” I cursed as he pulled me over.  I tumbled on top of him before he saw the pain in my eyes, “! Where are you hit?” He shouted as he helped me up.  “Nowhere, I’m fine..let’s go—”  “-Miyoung!

Sehun! I can deal with this.  Team 2, we’re moving!” I looked at Sehun as his eyes found the gunshot wound on the side of my stomach.  I turned my earpiece off, “Babe, it’s a graze. Call your team out.”  I put pressure on my wound and turned around to following my team out.

“Team 1 and Team 2 meet on top of the building, facing the mansion.  Assemble your snipers and divide for a raid back into the mansion.  We need to retrieve the blueprint for the nuclear.”

I threw a questioning look at Sehun before covering the mouthpiece, “Why?” I asked, “Where did this ‘blueprint’ come in?”  He just shrugged before pointing to my wound, “Get it treated once we get on the roof.”  I stuck my tongue out childishly before muttering, “Fine.”

I turned around and stopped, “Hold up.” Everyone looked at me, “Who the hell shot that bullet? I thought we were the only ones with the eyes?” I asked, referring to the bullet that killed the director.  “No one knows, Miyoung.  As far as we know, we thought we were the only ones with the eyes too, but we guessed wrong.”  I turned around, “No .” I mumbled before marching up the steps of the now abandoned bank. 

Sehun carried out orders before tending to my wound.  We turned our earpiece off before he removed my belts and padding.  “It’s just a light scraping, just bandage it.” I muttered before he looked up at me, “Stop talking and let me take care of this.”

I pursed my lips before biting them as he wiped it with an alcohol wipe.  “Stop biting your lips, they’re going to bleed as well.” He stated without looking up.  I scoffed, “Dang, you know me too well.”  I chuckled, pushing my pain away.  After he wrapped my waist up, I put everything back on and leaned in to peck his lips, “I love you.”

He smirked just slightly before muttering the same 3 words.  A command was spoken right as we turned our earpiece back on.

“All teams listen up.  It has been confirmed that we have a member reported for espionage.  This person has killed the Director.”

My heart began to beat irregularly, please, not someone from my team. Was all I could think about.

“There has been a slight change in the subject.  Please obtain the blueprint from the perpetrator, Team 2 leader, Park Miyoung.” 

There was a moment of silence after the command was given. 

This is so sudden. Why? What did I do wrong?

-Flashback-

“Get the files and come to the conference room.” 

I nodded and quickly entered the file cabinet room before digging through the cabinets.  I stepped back and accidently bumped a large pile of files to the ground.  I cursed and began to pick them up before I noticed a file with the Director’s profile.  I turned to look back at the closed doors before picking it up and opening the folder. 

My eyes furrowed before I read, ‘Director’s assassination. Mission organized Feb—”

“Miyoung?”

I shut the file closed and turned around to see the head of mission.  He tried to compose himself but I could tell by the fire in his eyes that he was furious at me for snooping.  “Ahh, I accidently dropped these, so I was just picking them up.”  I responded before getting up.

He grabbed my hand, “Get to the conference room, I’ll deal with this.” He coldly stated before the door shut closed in my face.  I stepped back, almost frightened.

I just saw something I wasn’t supposed to see.

-End of Flashback-

I heard someone shuffling for their gun before I whipped out my gun and turned around, facing Team 1 and my team, Team 2.

“Don’t…guys, don’t.”  It was my first reaction.  They want me gone because I know who shot the bullet now.  It was someone higher up in the NSSA [National Secrecy Security Agency].

They all stared at me, not knowing what to do.  I was fearful for my life, and I’m not going to die for something I didn’t do.  “I didn’t do it.” I muttered before I saw someone on my team grab his gun. 

I shook my head, and shot his hand as he screamed out in pain.  “Sorry, Joon…Don’t do anything stupid.”  I stated again, “I’ve been training longer than all of you. You know I can take you down, all of you.”

Sehun walked towards me, “Miyoung…what are you doing?” He asked softly as I backed towards the door.  “I-I don’t know.” I muttered in all honesty before moving my eyes to the others in the background.  “I’m not going to hurt you guys unless you guys try something dumb. Take everything off; throw them towards me and move back against the wall.” I shouted.

I know I’m over reacting, kay?  But this is now what I have to do.

I looked at Sehun with his pleading eyes.  “I didn’t do anything.” I muttered. 

“All teams, I repeat, take down, Park Miyoung. She has the blueprint to the nuclear. She's a treat to NSSA and South Korea.”

I scoffed before aiming behind Sehun and shooting at nothing before taking off behind the door.  I closed it shut and placed a pipe through the handle, locking them on the rooftop.

I ran down the stairs quickly and out into the street. 

“We have eyes, Team 3, down 4 blocks, and left 70 met—”

I heard before my line went dead.  “!” I cursed and threw the earpiece on the ground.  “What the hell is going on?” I muttered as I ran in the opposite direction, away from Team 3. 

I found myself in an ally, observing the building before noticing a ladder hanging from the wall.  I turned back to see if I was clear before running and jumping on the large garbage bins, trying to pull it down.  After my 3rd try, it slid down and I climbed up onto the rooftop.  I examined my surrounding before taking my guns and padding off.  I assembled my sniper and peered through the lens for a better, close up look at the people below.

“What the hell are you doing, Miyoung.” I muttered as I stood down and leaned my head against the brick wall of the roof.  “Is this some joke?” I mumbled before I heard loud footsteps coming from the stairs.  I groaned, “Now I have everyone chasing me.”  I grabbed everything and dragged it behind a large backup generator as the door flung open, “Clear.” 

I recognized his voice, Kyung, from my team.  “Yes, understood, we’ll set up here.”  More shuffling and I peered to see him with Jae.  Jae was assembling his sniper while Kyung was taking commands still.  After Jae finished they both had their backs facing me.  I shook my head before pulling out my handgun.  I quietly made my way over as they talked to the person giving commands. 

“Yes, we understand.” They said at the same time before I placed the end of my gun behind Jae’s head.  “Don’t move, Jae.  Kyung step back.” I stated before he did as he was told.  I turned off Jae’s earpiece before telling Kyung to do the same.  “Remove your armor, Kyung.  Don’t do anything stupid.” I stated as I pulled Jae up from the ground, pressing the end of my gun on his head still. 

“Miyoung, why?” Jae croaked, fearful of his life.  I felt for the handcuffs before throwing them at Kyung, “You know what to do.”  I stated, ignoring Jae.  He looked at me before picking up the handcuffs.  “Behind you.” I stated before he cuffed his hands behind his back.   I took Jae’s cuffs and cuffed him before pushing him forward.  They both sat on the ground as I walked towards them, “I thought I taught you two better.  Never confirm a place is cleared until you checked the whole area.”  And with the end of the gun, I struck the side of their heads, making them unconscious.

I returned to the end of the roof and looked over the top to see teams running around, trying to find me while avoiding the opposing people who I apparently stole the blueprint from.

I closed my eyes and leaned back against the wall.  They weren’t going to come up here for a while.  I thought before I heard boots clanging on the metal stairs. I sighed deeply before knowing what I had to do.

I won’t make it out of here alive. 

I emptied my gun and stood up, ready to greet my visitors. 

The door opened and Sehun came in followed by 2 others from his team.  “Miyoung.” He spoke, his voice barely audible.   His eyes darted to Kyung and Jae on the ground. 

“Close the-”

“What did you do?” He asked firmly before I shrugged, “You tell me.” I looked at the two other guys, “Get out.”  They looked at each other before Sehun interrupted, “No, Miyoung.”

“Damn it, Sehun!” I cursed before breathing heavily.  “You two, come take them and leave.” I stated before Sehun finally agreed.  “Close the door.” I stated after they left the rooftop.  Sehun did as he was told.  “What are you doing, Miyoung?” He asked again.  “What I have to do.” I answered.

He raised a confusing brow, “But—Miyoung, you-” I fought back tears, “Turns out, you don’t know the real me…at all.”  I swallowed the growing lump in my throat before I stuck my hand inside my jacket and pulled out a blueprint. 

This surprised me.  So this was a setup.  They wanted to get rid of me because I could be a potential threat to their plan.  They must have placed it in my jacket sometime before we left the headquarters.  I can’t do anything about it now.  I won’t be able to run away from the NSSA.  They’re too powerful, and there are too many secrets running within the agency walls.

I sighed and held it out to him, “take it.”  His eyes darted from the blueprint stretched out to him and my eyes, “Miyoung…you didn’t.”  He whispered before I waved it, “Obviously, I did.” I replied in a chuckle.

“How can you be in this state in a time like this?” He asked.  Our guns still raised up, pointed at each other.  I shrugged.  He took a step forward, “I ing loved you, Miyoung! How can you do this!? HOW!?”

I stood firm, waiting for him to end this.  “Sehun, do it.” I stated pushing my fear away.  My heart raced, “You’re angry with me.  Do it. It’s a command.” I stated calmly, trying to hid my fear as he interjected, “No, Miyoung, I’m no-”

I sighed and pulled the hammer of my gun back.  “If you don’t do it, I will.”  I said before he took another step forward, “You don’t have to.”  He muttered before I shook my head, “I do. Only one person will make it out alive.  Even if it is me, I’ll still meet my fate once I exit the building.”

“No, Miyoung…” He pleaded.  “—If you were me…you’ll be doing the same thing I am.”  I started, “Sehun…I love you.”  And I pulled the trigger as a single gunshot was heard.

I could feel the terror in his eyes and the pain in my chest.  I dropped the gun before he ran over to me and caught me before I fell.  “YOU IDIOT!” He cursed, “What have I done.” He kept mumbling over and over again as he put pressure on my wound.  He grabbed my gun and checked the carriage to see it empty with no bullets.  I coughed, blooding trickling down the side of my mouth.  Everything became blurry before I closed my eyes, tears streaming down my cheeks as the pain increased.

“MIYOUNG!”  He shouted my name before I forced my eyes open again.  I smiled faintly, pushing the pain away and caressing his cheeks before my hand fell.  I looked him in the eyes and was able to cough out one last time, “I’m sorry…I love you.”


Okay, so this is my first time writing an action oneshot I guess, so I'm really, super sorry if it's bad.  I just really want to try every kind of genre out there once. So here's my action one.  I know it's bad, okay. lol, I just re-read it like a freaking thousand times before I posted it up.  I really appreciate you all reading this though. :)) OH. Super sorry if it makes no sense what so ever. Again, I didn't want to write a short story cause I'm too lazy right now, but who knows maybe in the future...cause I already have a plot down, lmao, but yeah.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Anyways...what other genres are out there?

Comment and Subscribe!?

--Miyoung:))

p.s. Love you all!