Minho's Past Part 1

Gangs Of Seoul: Origins (Prequel to Gangs of Seoul)

"Seulgi noona~!! Look what Yongmin ahjussi gave us." A 7 year old Minho ran to a little girl who was sitting at the stairs in front of a huge building.

Minho was shaking a small bag full of candies in his hands happily.

"Come here! Let's eat together!" The 8 year old Seulgi smiled and patted at the spot beside her. Minho quickly sat down and started eating all the sweets with Seulgi.

As they were eating, Minho suddenly felt something soft touching his feet. "AHHH!!!!" Minho shouted shocked by the strange feeling and stood up, running higher up the stairs.
Seulgi laughed and picked up a tiny gray kitten that was there. She petted the kitten's head gently then turned to Minho.

"Come back here. It's just a little kitten." Seugi giggled holding the little creature tightly.
Wearily Minho started walked back down to where she was.
"A kitten? How did it come here?" He asked and sat down, still looking at the kitten wearily.

"I found him under one car yesterday. He looked so sad so I'm going to take care of him. He is my baby now." Seulgi told Minho and looked at the kitten gently.

"But... it looks really weird.." Minho frowned.
"Weird?! How can you say something like that to your new friend, you are so mean Minho. You look much weirder." Seulgi snapped.

"That's not my friend!" Minho exclaimed.
"It is. It is going to be your friend from now on. If not.. then our friendship is over!" Seulgi pouted.

Minho panicked hearing what the girl said. Seulgi was his best friend, and the little boy didn't want to lose a friend just like that.
"Fine fine fine. I will be friends with that... animal." Minho said.

"He has a name. You should call him Flame." Seulgi said and smiled satisfied that Minho agreed to be friends with her new kitten.
"Flame? But he looks more like.... " Minho started but was cut very fast by Seulgi.
"FLAME!!" Seulgi exclaimed.

"Okay... Flame." Minho shrugged.
"Good." Seulgi smiled.

The two children were both children of members in a big, dangerous gang. But the children themselves did not know that yet, they were just playing around together and thought it was completely normal to see tons of men with suits coming to their house, dealing with big money, playing cards, smoking and doing whatever they did.

Both of them were not in school but they had a teacher that taught them at the big house. They didn't know much of the world outside, the gang world was what they thought was the normal world.

"Oh. By the way. Want to see something interesting I found?" Seulgi asked.
"What is it?" Minho asked.
"Follow me!" Seulgi said, she put Flame back on the ground and held Minho's hand, pulling him up the stairs with her inside the house.

The children ran through a big room where a bunch of gangsters were sitting by a big table. They were laughing loudly, talking, making some businesses. a few of the men were kissing some women there were.

Seulgi and Minho just ran through the room not paying any attention on the men.
Seulgi opened a door in the corner and pulled Minho in with her, then closing the door.
She looked around, making sure no one was around.

She ran to a desk by the window and pulled something out under the desk.
It was a small suitcase.

Minho crouched down beside Seulgi.
"Why? I've seen that thing before. It's no fun. We can't open it." Minho said feeling bored. Seulgi and him had tried opening those secret suitcases many times but there was always a secret code they needed to get those suitcases open.

"Just watch! I saw Lee ahjusshi open this this morning.. he didn't see me." Seulgi said excited. "I can open it."
"REALLY?!" Minho exclaimed.
Seulgi quickly covered Minho's mouth with her hands. "Shh. Don't yell. The ahjusshis can't hear us stupid."
"Oh.. sorry." Minho whispered and glanced towards the door, hoping no one heard.

Seulgi waited for a while also trying to hear if anyone was coming. But as she heard nothing, she pulled the suitcase closer. She slowly started pushing the little buttons there were to open the case.

"5..8..8.. 9..4..2" Seulgi remembered the numbers she had seen one gangster putting there.
Soon the children heard a small clicking sound. Seulgi smiled and carefully tried to open the suitcase, and for her great joy, this time it opened.

"Wow!!!" Minho exclaimed amazed by Seulgi's skills.
Seulgi smiled proudly and opened the whole case.

Soon in front of their young eyes, they saw money. Piles of money, money enough to make the kids millionaires in a moment.

Minho frowned, he wasn't liking what he saw. He took one bill in his hands and stared at it.
"But.. it's just some paper." Minho said. To him, only coins were money, because coins were shiny. Bills were just paper to him.
"Stupid!! It's not paper. It's money!" Seulgi nudged Minho, annoyed that the younger boy didn't get how awesome their discovery was.

"Money? That?" Minho frowned.
"Yes. We can buy at least... maybe 10 chocolate bars with this... or wait... maybe like 100!!" Seulgi said.
"Woah!!! Really?" Minho said amazed.

Seulgi nodded. "And guess what? Yongmin ahjusshi told me that when I grow up more I can get a lot of money.. even maybe more than this! Because he said I am going to become pretty.. so that's why."

"Wow... I want to become pretty too. I want to buy 100 chocolate bars too." Minho said.
"Hey. You shouldn't become pretty. You must be handsome... or or... like a man." Seulgi said.
"But if I don't become pretty then where do I get all the money?" Minho pouted.

------------------------------------

Years had passed.

Minho was now a 15 year old boy and Seulgi was 16.

Seulgi had indeed become really pretty now. And Minho was a handsome boy that was on his way to become like a man.

Minho already knew how to use guns and was very good at doing businesses with some other gangs along with the other gangsters. He was being trained at the moment.

He was very skilled at cheating people and gaining profit to their gang.

Minho yawned and sat down on one couch in the corner. He saw Flame sleeping there, it also was a big cat right now.
"Annyeong. Have you seen Seulgi?" Minho asked the cat but of course gained to response.

"Where could that girl be again?" Minho sighed and stared up at the ceiling. Just then Seulgi walked in the door.

She was wearing a really short skirt, high heels and a revealing top. Her hair was tied up to a bun and she was wearing heavy make up.

Without even glancing towards Minho, Seulgi made her way towards her room.
"Yah, noona!" Minho yelled and got up.

He rarely saw Seulgi thesedays. She was always somewhere, always dressed like that.
Minho didn't quite like that, she reminded him of those women all the other gangsters were always making out with. He didn't want Seulgi to be like those women.

Seulgi just glanced at Minho and opened the door. "Don't bother me now.." she said and closed the door.

Minho stared at the closed door and sighed. What's with her thesedays..?

He went back to sit with Flame on the couch.

---------------------------------

One evening Minho was walking outside, he happened to pass one car that was parked by the house.

Suddenly the door opened and a familiar figure came out. It was Seulgi.

Her hair was a total mess, like was her make up too. She had her lipstick all over her cheeks. Also the shirt she had on was ripped from some parts so he could see her bra showing.

With quick steps Seulgi walked away from the car. She didn't see Minho as he had hid behind a tree.

Then the car door opened again and he could hear a man shouting.

"!! Don't you want your reward. Ahjusshi will give you." The man yelled. Seulgi turned around and ran back to the car.

The man handed her some money, that the girl grabbed fast then ran away to go to the house.

Wasn't that Yongmin ahjusshi? Reward? She... did... did Yongmin ahjusshi... what has he done to Seulgi??!!
Minho stared towards the car in shock for a moment, then ran towards the house after Seulgi.

Seulgi was just about to escape to her room again when Minho caught her. He took a tight grip of her arm.
"Noona.. what's going on? You came from Yongmin ahjusshi's car... and and.. did he do something to you?!!" Minho yelled.

"Go away!!" Seulgi screamed and pushed Minho away. She ran into her room and locked the door tightly.

Suddenly Minho felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around to see one of the gangsters.
"Why? Want her?" The man smirked at Minho.

"What?" Minho stared at the man wide eyed.
"Isn't she pretty? I know you want her... don't they all?? She is the iest thing here is right now. Better than those old hags. She makes a lot of money to us you know. But I guess you can have her for a while... just make sure you got enough money. Seulgi, she is very fond of her money." the man said.

Minho stared at the man disgusted and walked away.
Suddenly the truth hit her. Seulgi was sleeping around with men, for money.
She had become a e.

No.. no.. This can't be happening to Seulgi. No!!!
Minho felt really bad inside. So bad.

-----------------------------------------

For a few weeks Minho was just silently watching how Seulgi came home every night. She always looked sad, so sad.

She never hung out with Minho again. She was always either with the men or locked inside her room.
Minho knew she was unhappy.
But for some reason he didn't dare to talk about this with her.

Then one evening, in the house, it was really silent and strange. None of the gangsters were around.

Minho was walking around the room where they usually hang out at, he was trying to find some money that the men might have dropped on the floor.
He crouched down on the floor as he saw one coin when suddenly he felt arms wrapping around him.

Minho flinched surprised and tried to turn around but all of a sudden he felt lips on his neck, kissing him.
Minho stood up, pushing the person off her but soon saw that it was Seulgi.

Minho looked at her weirdly.
Seulgi stared at Minho and chuckled. "Cute."
"Wh-what are you doing?" Minho stuttered.

Seulgi took steps closer to him, while Minho took steps away from her. Seulgi followed him until he was pinned to the wall.
Seulgi her lips and put her hand on his shoulder. "Just be a good boy now Minho, hm?" after saying that she pushed her lips against his and started kissing him.

Though Minho felt really weird doing this, he still did enjoy it, so she let Seulgi kiss him.
"To the couch."Seulgi pulled Minho with her. She pushed him down on the couch and took her shirt off, then positioned herself on top of Minho.

Minho didn't know where to look, he was blushing like crazy. He had started thinking that Seulgi was doing this because she really liked him. As through years he had started developing some deeper feelings toward her too.

Seulgi leaned closer to his ear. "Now, touch me." she whispered.

Wearily Minho placed his hands on her back. Seulgi continued kissing him. But after a while Seulgi suddenly stopped and got up. She put her shirt back on and walked away, upstairs.

Minho was left on the couch, dumbfounded. His heart was beating like crazy.

-

"Did you get everything you wanted?" Seulgi asked the man she met upstairs.
The man called Doojoon was sitting by a desk that had a big screen that showed how Minho was on the couch.

"I did. Good job." Doojoon smirked, then handed Seulgi a small suitcase that was filled with money.

"Want to see?" Doojoon asked pointing at the screen.
Seulgi shook her head and walked away, to go outside.

I'm so sorry Minho.

Doojoon watched how Seulgi walked away, he then played the video they had just recorded previously.

In the video Minho and Seulgi were on the couch, and it looked like they were having .

Perfect. I just need to edit the video so it looks like Minho her.. then I need to show this to the boss. And then it's bye bye Minho..
Doojoon smirked.

Actually Doojoon. He was really envious of Minho. All the bigger bosses in the gang seemed to like him the most and Minho would probably become one of the bosses in the future.. and Doojoon didn't want that to happen. He didn't want Minho to take away that position from him.

So, to make the big boss hate Minho, he had payed Seulgi big money to frame Minho like he had her.
As Seulgi was the daughter of the biggest boss in the gang and that boss didn't know that Seulgi was sleeping around with men. Her father thought she was pure... so he would probably want to kill Minho after seeing the video he just took.


And that's what Doojoon really wanted, for Minho to be killed.

Even though Minho was a friend that Seulgi cherished so much, somehow money had become more important to her than friendship. So like that, she just betrayed her one and only friend.