My Duckling; No One Else's

Miasmic Peck

 

Jinyoung POV

I was keeping an eye on those two; Sandeul and Hee Yeon.

The way she was sitting with him on the couch… Everything about it seemed too…cute…

I was starting to get upset! She had abandoned me with Minhee and Gongchan! My goddess, Lena, had left too!

Getting tired, I stared at Sandeul and Hee Yeon again.

It’s like she kept scooting closer to him over their conversation!

Minhee seemed to be getting bored too; I saw her go turn up the music louder, a dance song coming on.

I was getting pissed off at how the ugly duckling was cutely talking to that guy and I stood up. “Yah, this is a party, let’s dance,” I stated, pulling her up and to me, slightly glaring at Sandeul.

“A-Ah, yeah!” Hee Yeon talked with a little stutter and danced with me a little, making me notice that her body was stiff.

“Can’t dance well?” I laughed, holding her hands, lifting her arms up a little and swinging them around with her.

She stared at me, starting chuckle a little, dancing with me very cutely.

Aigoo, so adorable~ I paused my thoughts for a second. Wait, what?! This thing isn’t cute at all! She’s an ugly little duckling and that’s that!

 

A slow song came on and the other guy, Sandeul got up.

I kind of eyed him as he came over. “Can’t I have a dance, Miss?” He smiled at her after his request. What in the… I got upset when she looked so shy. She was looking down at her feet even!

Hell no! I won’t let her dance with this guy!

“Sorry, but,” I looked straight at him, putting an arm around Hee Yeon’s waist, “She’s preoccupied.” She looked at me, a bit wide eyed and stunned. What the hell am I doing…?

I put her arms at my shoulders and wrapped mine around her waist, moving slowly to the music, starting to get awkward when I realized what I just did.

I took Hee Yeon from that guy.

I hated seeing her cute expression for him.

I got jealous.

 

Hee Yeon POV

Whoa… I did not foresee Jung Jinyoung getting so envious of Sandeul’s actions.

I had asked Sandeul to ask me to dance before and was acting close to him for my plan, but Jung Jinyoung fell for my plans so easily.

“Are you okay, Jinyoung…?” I asked him quietly, apparently snapping him back to reality because he let go of me immediately.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” He didn’t even look at me now.

“Mm…okay…” I looked down, acting coy and shy as Hee Yeon should be acting around Jung Jinyoung.

The room seemed tense… Sandeul persisted as I requested him to, coming back to my side, asking me to dance again.

“Yah, can’t you see I don’t want you to dance with her?!” Jinyoung suddenly yelled loudly and speedily at Sandeul and me. I had wide eyes just because he raised his voice so much. “Can’t you tell that—” Jinyoung bit his lips, looking away sourly. “Aish…”

“If you’re so jealous, why don’t you do something about it?” I stared at Sandeul who spoke so confidently. What is he saying?! I didn’t tell him to say things like this! “Maybe I like her too. Ever think like that? Obviously not.”

Jinyoung glared at Sandeul who narrowed his eyes in return.

This is actually a good situation, isn’t it?

My mission is to break Jung Jinyoung by making him love me, by crushing him. That is my assignment.

 

“So, what’re you going to do, kid?” Sandeul talked in a threatening tone to Jinyoung. “Are you going to fight against me or something?” Sandeul kept egging him on, making me look down, as Hee Yeon’s character might do in the situation.

Jinyoung stayed silent, looking away, not letting us see his eyes clearly.

“Stop it…” I said quietly, “Don’t be so rude to my friend.” My words must have set Jinyoung off because he grabbed my arm, pulling me to the door with him, and out of the apartment. “J-Jinyoung—”

“Be quiet,” He cut me off icily, yanking me down the stairs of the apartment complex with him.

He stopped at the ground level, looking back at me like he was angry.

“I’m not jealous, so don’t flatter yourself and I don’t like you, so don’t assume that kind of crap. I just got mad because I was talked down to.”

“…O-Okay… You don’t need to explain this to me…” I answered back meekly, looking down.

“Tch. Don’t want you to get a big head for no damn reason.” He spat out the words with hands in his pockets, “And how the hell did you get that guy to like you, ugly duckling?” He stepped closer, looking at my eyes, “How does someone like you get a guy at all? You’re so freaking unappealing that it boggles my mind.”

He’s actually being quite rude…but I suppose I don’t really feel affected much.

“And how did you get this Gongchan guy to come to you too? I don’t understand,” He kept stepping closer. “How the did you get all these men?!”

“W-Why does that matter to you, Jinyoung?!” I yelled back somewhat quietly still.

“Because it does!” He exclaimed very loudly.

“But why?!” I yelled with more volume this time.

He clicked his tongue, looking away. “Whatever.” Jung Jinyoung is so indecisive in his actions… It’s almost bothersome.

“Just say it out straight,” He looked at me with sharp eyes when I said that.

“I got upset. That’s it.” He replied simply.

“Why? Why were you upset about Sandeul and Gongchan oppa?” He gawked at my words.

“And stop calling him an oppa! It’s so annoying! It’s like, oppa, oppa, oppa! That’s all I can hear from you!” He was furious, but now I was getting upset too.

“I only said it twice and he’s just my friend!”

“Well, you saying it one time just makes it ring in my god damn head! Like it’s buzzing every minute!”

“And how’s that my problem?!”

“You still like that other guy, what’s his face, Sandeul! Why would you like that kind of boring guy when you have me?!” Oh, I caught you so simply.

“You? Just what are you to me, Jinyoung?” I asked with unbelieving eyes to egg on this act. Is it really this easy?

“I’m here for you, God damn it!” He was yelling so loudly now. “It’s clear when I keep that ert away from you in the subways and it’s damn obvious today too!”

“What’s so damn obvious is that you’re loud and annoying!” I huffed out, turning and walking the other direction.

 

He didn’t speak a word until I took my first step back up the stairs.

“You know what happens next, right?” He spoke firmly with a small amount of pain in his voice.

I lightly bawled my fists, “I don’t.” Neither of us said anything and I didn’t move, facing away from him still.

“Well,” I heard his fast footsteps towards me, “That’s because you’re an idiot,” I mentally smirked right as he turned me around by the shoulders, cupping my face and pressing our lips together.

Jung Jinyoung; easily trapped.

 

Sandeul POV

I watched from outside Amsalja’s apartment, seeing Jinyoung’s frustrated kiss.

Tch, the guy seriously wasn’t even ending it anytime soon. I grumbled to myself at the sight. Amsalja pushed him away, taking a step back, trying to fake some fear and confusion.

He grabbed her wrist, pulling her in for a hug, resting his head on her shoulder.

I wonder what he said, because he just walked away into the streets afterwards.

 

Hee Yeon POV

I don’t even like you so I don’t understand why I’m acting like this.

Words of Jung Jinyoung’s that were actually cute in a way.

I walked back up to my apartment, seeing Sandeul waiting outside.

“You sure got him,” He laughed a little.

“Yeah, it was pretty easy. I still didn’t expect this much so fast,” I replied, making him smile.

“You’re talking so casually with me from the get-go this time. I like that.” Ugh…Idiotic Sandeul. “I’m sure you just thought something like, oh, this idiot.” I scoffed a little at his on-point response.

“Pretty damn close.” He smiled for some reason. Ugh! This idiot!

“You’re even using curse words around me now!” Oh, God, that senseless smile. I rubbed my temples, leaning on the railing outside. “Frustrated? Jinyoung didn’t say anything weird to you, did he?”

“You’re the idiot I’m frustrated with, not that one.” He kept smiling at my mean words! What’s wrong with him?! He just laughed and smiled!

“At least you’re thinking about me then.”

“I am not!” I yelled back. This made him grin.

“You’re starting to show your childish personality with me now!” I smacked his head, trying to wipe that stupid smile off his face, but it didn’t seem to work at all. “You’re even hitting me hehe.”

“Oh God, why are you so stupid…” I groaned out while he smiled happily. He’s such an idiot, but I guess he’s a bit funny.

I smiled a little with him too.

 

Sandeul POV

She just smiled. Amsalja just gave me a smile!

I almost hugged her out of joy, but I’m pretty sure she would have tossed me over the railing and down to the ground floor of this apartment to die or something.

Hehe, I’m just happy that she gave me a real smile, even if it was little.

“So,” I started to break the silence, “Is he not coming back?”

She just shrugged in response. “I guess you guys can go back to whatever you were doing now.”

“What, no. It’s fine,” I don’t want to leave already! It’s not like I see Amsalja everyday…

“Haha, fine then. You can stay a tiny bit longer,” She smiled a little bit more to me and I just smiled brightly.

 

Jinyoung POV

“Yah, wake up, Jinyoung!!” I felt hands on my face, lightly hitting me, “And hurry up and start walking again, would ya?!” I opened my eyes a little, my sight focusing on Hee Yeon.

I jolted back somewhat, bumping into people, looking around and realizing I was in the subway.

“What the… Where did you come from? And why are we here?!” I was so confused. What the hell happened?!

Hee Yeon just sighed, “You’re the idiot who goes out and gets drunk that you pass out and I’m the one who got the call from some random woman because my number was on your phone!” Wah… Is that really what happened?

“…Whatever,” I crossed my arms, looking away.

She clicked her tongue, pulling on my arm, trying to drag me onto a subway cart. That’s when I noticed that Sandeul guy was next to her!

“Whoa, whoa! What the heck is he doing here too?!” I yanked away from her arm.

Hee Yeon sighed again with crossed arms, “He was about to leave when I got the call. He didn’t want me in this part of town so late and alone, additionally, dragging around a drunk.”

“You’re pretty irresponsible, Jinyoung.” Tch. This guy… I was sour since he was with her again.

“Whatever,” I snapped at him, “Let’s just go back home. You can leave from here,” I snooted at him.

“I still have to use the subway, ya dope.” This guy irritates me so much! Especially because he likes my duckling!

Wait.

I just thought she was mine… I breathed out, getting on the next subway that came with the two.

 

There were two seats and he sat in one. I most certainly wasn’t planning on letting her sit with him and sat down quickly, glaring at him.

“Tch. Let a woman sit,” He grumbled at me.

“Why don’t you? I’m not a gentleman, such as yourself,” I retorted back, the two of us both sitting with crossed arms, Hee Yeon simply holding onto a pole while the subway moved.

A few stops later, most people were off the subway, tons of empty seats around us.

“You can sit, you know?” I mentioned to Hee Yeon.

She looked over, “I guess.” She sat in the seat next to frickin Sandeul!

He smiled, glancing at me with a small smirk. This little!

I was getting upset again, changing my seat to sitting on her other side, holding her hand in mine.

Both stared at me with somewhat wider eyes of shock, my hand tightening around hers.

“You—” Sandeul would have completed his sentence if the subway doors didn’t open at his stop. He huffed a little, standing up, “See you around.”

I smirked smugly now that he was gone.

 

Our stop came soon enough and we got off, me still holding onto her hand as we walked.

Maybe she can be my ugly duckling.

What am I saying… Just my duckling; not ugly.