That Bumbling Fake

Miasmic Peck

 

Jinyoung POV

“Oh, hi, Jinyoung-shi.” It’s Lena… “Where are you going so early in the morning?”

“Uh, I’m—”

“Hey, can I have this?” My eyes were directed over to that guy from last night. Why is here?! Already ruining my Sunday morning… And I thought they fought! They shouldn’t be talking so casually already!

“Yeah, sure.” She turned back to me, but my eyes were on that guy the whole time. “So, what were you about to say?” She even put her hand on my shoulder to get my attention back.

“Ah… I was going to go on a date today. How about you two?” I tried to as least appear level headed in this situation.

“We’re just sitting around. I wanted to explore town, but Gongchan’s too lazy haha.” Ugh… Just the way she says his name annoys me.

“Oh, well, have fun then?” She nodded with a small smile. “Ah, sorry, what was your name again? I forgot.” I said to the guy, smiling just a bit at him.

“Gongchan.”

 

Hee Yeon POV

“Wah… Look at the way that guy tried to disregard me by pretending to forget my name. Hmph. I’m sure his eyes bored a hole in my head since he kept watching me!”

“Haha, well, he does like Lena.”

“Who? Ah, is that your codename this time?” Maybe I should tell Gongchan more about this case? I will. I told him all about how Jung Jinyoung does not realize the difference between Hee Yeon and Lena, and everything about Minhee as well. “Wow… This guy’s a real idiot, no?”

“Yup.” We both laughed, sitting in my apartment.

Gongchan started talking again, “So, what do you want to do today? I’m free and bored, so we should do something.”

“I sort of wanted to deal with that other assassin today.”

“Oh~ Is that so? I’m pretty sure you secretly like him.” I gawked at Gongchan, staring at his simple smile.

“He’s the worst thing I’ve ever met. I hate him.” He smiled wide, shaking his head.

“You’ve got a soft spot for him inside though.” That smile of Gongchan’s…

“I seriously want to punch you right now.” Gongchan just laughed it off. “But really, I don’t like him… And last time he even tried to follow me back to my office! Every assassin knows you don’t follow another assassin!”

“Maybe he wanted to talk to you.” I glared at Gongchan. “Okay, fine, so assassins don’t really follow each other, but still. He could have just wanted to be friendly.”

“He wasn’t being friendly. Plus, I don’t need friends.” Gongchan frowned at this line.

“Like me?”

“Yup.” He clicked his tongue, standing up.

“Fine then. See you later.” I thought he was just joking, but his voice seemed so serious…

“I didn’t mean it like that, Gongchan.”

“Then make it up to me.” He said, facing away from me.

“…Fine. How?”

“You have to be friends with the other assassin.” He said it with a smirk. This jerk…

 

Jinyoung POV

Tch. I couldn’t help but sit around all day, upset that Lena was hanging out with that Gongchan guy instead of me.

He’s just as good looking as me, if not worse…

I sat around, thinking of ways to win her over. Ah!

What if I can talk to this Gongchan guy to help me out?! But then again he seems to like her a lot to kiss her last night… But on the other hand, a kiss isn’t a huge deal; I would know.

Ah. I still have that date today! It’s a big dinner party even…

 

Hee Yeon POV

“Do I really have to…?” Gongchan nodded. “But that assassin ! I’ve always hated him!”

“But you promised me that you would be friends now.” That annoying smile of Gongchan’s…

“Fine. If he pops up, I’ll say hello.” Gongchan just smiled, patting my head a little.

“See you later haha.” I sighed as he left, wondering if I should just go to my office for the day; it’s a small building in the city.

I decided to go, getting dressed and leaving for the streets.

 

I walked, lost in thoughts of work and various customers when I stopped in my pace.

I feel eyes.

I resumed walking as normal, feeling his eyes behind me.

Why did that jerk have to be around here? Idiotic assassin.

Continuing to walk, a group of students crossed my path, a body lightly bumping into me from behind.

I didn’t look back, starting to walk again because I knew it was that other assassin, but he kept following me. It upset me a bit.

I got to my office, looking back, not feeling his presence anymore. Good.

 

Sitting down, I checked the camera I had set this morning.

Jung Jinyoung definitely didn’t realize, but I attached a miniature camera on him when I patted his arm. It’s only a temporary one, so it’s inexpensive and was easily attachable. He probably didn’t even feel it.

He seemed to be getting dressed in a suit… Maybe it’s a fancy dinner date? He had mentioned a date today.

I kept watching, seeing him walk through the streets now, Yaot calling my cell phone. “Hello?”

“Hey, you set up a camera on Jinyoung, right?”

“Yes. Why?”

“I got information that he is going to a dinner gala tonight. Apparently, his date is the girl celebrating her birthday there.”

“Is that so?” How interesting.

 

Jinyoung POV

I groaned as I entered the restaurant. My date for tonight is the birthday girl… She’s not even that cute…

“Jinyoung oppa!” I was hugged by her, faking a giant smile just for tonight. I want to get out of here right after dinner…

The night went on, a few hours passing to make the clock hit 8pm. This place is so boring… I’d rather hit on girls at clubs; it’s that bad here.

I sighed at my table, my date trying to talk to me. I lazily stared at the door, wondering if I could leave soon, until I saw a gorgeous body walk in.

So pretty… That dress and those legs… I unconsciously stood up, my mouth going dry when I realized that it was Lena.

Why’s she here?! That’s unimportant. My feet naturally moved towards her, but my date grabbed my arm pulling me back to sit with her.

Oh God… Lena is so hot… She’s always gorgeous! I want to at least see her tonight!

My heart skipped a beat when our eyes met across the room, a smile forming on her face, my eyes widening in nervousness when she started walking towards me.

“Hi, Jinyoung-shi.” Lena smiled happily, my voice unable to come out.

“Oppa, is this your friend?” My date brought my voice out with her question.

I collected myself, answering back while straightening my jacket, “Ah, yeah. We’re co-workers too.”

“Are you two on a date~?” Lena asked of us. No. Not at all, Lena.

“Kind of haha…” I scratched my head, wondering if the date would kill me for saying no. I guess she disagreed.

“Of course! I like oppa a lot!” This girl even linked arms with me… Not the time, kid!

“Hehe, how cute.” My heart sank at the little laugh Lena gave with her reply, her eyes looking around the room instead.

I wondered, “Ahhm… Did you come alone?” That Gongchan better not have come! She looked back at me.

“Yeah. My friend invited me, but I can't find her haha. I think she already left.” I stood up with that response from her.

“Oh, that’s a shame. Want to dance?” There were tons of people slow dancing and I just took the chance stupidly.

“Dance? Ah…” She looked at the dance floor. “Okay." My date suddenly stood up, upset.

“Oppa! I thought you were my date, not hers!” Why, you little… Lena just laughed a little.

“You two should dance instead. See you later, Jinyoung-shi.” My found its chair sadly when she left. My date kept asking to dance, but I rejected, saddened. I was so close to being able to hold Lena on the dance floor!

 

My eyes stayed on her for twenty minutes straight until she glanced at me, my pupils immediately averting.

That was until I saw her talking to a man.

 

Hee Yeon POV

My eyes fell a bit, seeing Sandeul. “What are you doing here?” I asked dully.

“Tracking a target. You?”

“Same.” I replied in the same fashion, sipping my drink. We quietly stood near each other, not saying anything.

“Who is it?” He asked silently, “Mine is that woman,” he continued, motioning to the girl sitting with Jung Jinyoung. The birthday girl…

“The man next to her is my target.” I answered back simply, trying not to be snippy because Gongchan told me to be nice.

“Really? My target is so simple this time; a brainless type.”

“Could you please speak normally? There is no reason to try and connect with my speech pattern when you don’t talk like I do.”

“And you don’t talk so robotically around Gongchan, so you don’t have to around me.” This guy pisses me off. He always needs to challenge my words. “Don’t be mad just because I talk back to you.” Ugh!

“Would you just stay silent?”

“Why not just tell me to shut up then?!” He raised his voice, making my blood boil.

“Why don’t you just be a professional for once?!” He went quiet at my scream, me walking away towards the parking lot. That bastard. Always getting on my nerves!

 

“Lena!” I turned to Jung Jinyoung, hearing his yell, seeing him running over. “Are you leaving?! Take me with you!” His date soon ran after him, latching onto his arm.

“Where are you going, oppa?! You can’t leave with this ugly lady!” Ugly? I almost scoffed at her statement.

He also scoffed at her with wide eyes, “What are you talking about?! Lena is frickin gorgeous!” Haha, oh, Jung Jinyoung. “I would much rather talk with her than you!” The other girl had tears in her eyes. She must actually like Jung Jinyoung.

“Ah, I’m just—” That stupid assassin reared his ugly head before I could finish my sentence, taking my hand suddenly.

“Please continue with you date, miss.” He bowed politely, pulling me away with him.

 

“Yah… Let go.” This assassin didn’t stop walking with me until we reached a dark corner of the parking lot.

“Don’t interfere with my target.” I'm the one interfering with his target now? I scoffed, crossing my arms at his words.

“Same to you.” He sighed at my reply, rolling his eyes. “Yah, you could have left me to my own target, Sandeul-shi.”

“And you could have let my target date her oppa or whatever.” We glared at each other.

I broke the silence, “Whatever. I was going home because you ruined my mood already.” He raised an eyebrow at me.

“And you're not leaving because of your target? Your professionalism has gone down.” I clicked my tongue, getting irritated.

“More like, I’ll see him tomorrow too.” He suddenly smirked.

“You’re talking so casually with me now. Fall for my good looks?” I couldn’t control my scoff.

“You think I would fall for your ugly smile? So disgusting.” He just smirked, hands in his suit pockets.

“Need a ride home? I can drive you.” He offered such suspicious words to me.

“I don’t trust you.” He probably wants to know where I live. “I’d rather walk.”

“Did you come in the bus? I’d ride with you haha.” That annoying snicker of his…

“Later, Sandeul-shi.” I tried to leave, but he grabbed my hand, pulling me back to get an intense glare from me. “What?” He sighed at my defensive behavior.

“You’re always trying to run away from me. Why is that?”

“I hate you.” I replied seriously.

“But… Why…?” He actually seemed saddened.

“Your attitude bothers me. You cocky smile is something I hate the most.” He scratched his head with the hand not holding mine.

“I just wanted to be your friend, since we are the only two assassins left around here… You only seemed to talk with me casually when I acted like that…”

“What a load of bull.” He got angry at this sentence.

“If that’s what you really think, my target seems to be smarter than you even. And that’s saying something.” I scrunched my mouth up in annoyance.

“Jung Jinyoung is much smarter and better looking that you too!” I yelled back regrettably and childishly.

“Oh. Is that so?” He raised his eyebrows a bit, stepping closer to me. “Your target is better looking as well?” He kept stepping closer, making me nervous, but I kept my ground, keeping my feet planted confidently. “You really think that?” He was getting dangerously close that I had my guard up for any sudden knife stabs. “You know… I only talk to you to be nice, but you hate me so much for little reasons.”

“It’s a real reason. I hate your attitude. That is enough.” His eyes got intense suddenly, another step closer, only an inch separating us.

“Would you just shut up now?” I stayed silent only because his voice sounded as if he was about to attack. “You… You distrust me for the most stupid reasons. You hate me because of my attitude? One that I only show to you. There is a reason for that?” I looked down to his hands discreetly, attempting to see if he was reaching for any weaponry. “Look at me.” He took my head in both of his hands, turning it up to him.

I was petrified, wondering how he was going to attack now that my eyes could not move from the powerful trace his had put mine in.

“Sandeul-shi…”

“It’s my turn to talk, Amsalja.” He kept my head in his hands, actually making me afraid at the use of my real name. I wonder if he actually knows that’s my real name though… “What are you thinking about so much to zone out?!” He suddenly raised his voice, bringing my thoughts back to him.

“S-Sorry.” He clicked his tongue, letting go of me, stepping back.

“See you later.” He left back into the restaurant, my heart racing from the scare of him. I thought he was going to stab me for sure.

 

Sandeul POV

That idiot. So stupidly clueless when it comes to anything other than work.

I should have been more forward with my feelings and just kissed her. Then she might have understood me better.

At least she stopped using that fake voice of hers around me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't written any chapters for anything in a while and this is my awkward transition back into writing haha. Sandeul was finally brought in! :D