chapter 2

i'll stand by her forever.

 

DAESUNG POV

i did the best i could to hide my dissapointment.

i smiled at her even though my heart was breaking. i guess i don't mean anything to her.

i was bearly surprised that she didn't remember that today ten years ago, was the first time i had met her.

the first time i made a friend. the first time i had fallen in love.

i hugged her, she hugged me back. i kissed her forehead and broke the hug.

i walked towards the door. i  turned around and said " i hope you like your gift"

i then walked to class.

on my way to class i wondered  how she would react to the ring. and most importantly the writing on the ring.

i really wanted to confess to her. to tell her that the way she smiles at me warms my heart, the way she comforts me strengthens me and the way she cares for me makes me love her all the more..

she was the first person i would think of when i'm sad, when i'm happy. basically i thought of her all the time.

the time i would really miss and need her was when i was lonely.

i just couldn't bring myself to tell her. i just couldn't bear it if she left me. if she stopped talking to me. to me, just having her in my life was more than enough... for now.

she is my happiness. my angel.

i arrived to class and took my usual seat.

class was about to start when sunny walked in with siwon

i felt pain in my chest. i knew i was hurt. i was man enough to admit that i was jealous but there was nothing i could do about it.

siwon is mr popular. everyone feels comfortable around him, especially sunny.

i knew that sunny only saw me as her bestfriend, nothing else.

i wanted to be the guy she would be in love with. instead it seemed like i was stuck in the friend zone.

"hey daesung, how's it going man?" siwon asked as we shook hands.

"hey man, um it's allgood aye. so how are you?" i said as i tried to smile.

"i'm fine thanks. man your always smiling. i like that about you" he said as he and taeyeon sat in front of me.

i smile so that tsunny will remain happy. so that she won't worry. but most of all i smile to hide my pain.

i watched as he made her laugh.

as he made her happy.

as he brought her joy.

i should be happy because sunny was happy, but i wasn't. my heart was aching.

i wanted to be the one who would make her smile, who would make her laugh. but most of all i wanted to be the one to bring her joy.

class ended and i was bought out of my thoughts.

"sunny-ah, i know that i havent known you that long. that i may seem like a player. but, i love the feeling i get when i see you every morning. the feeling i get when i hear your voice"

she blushed as red as a tomato.

"i guess what i'm trying to say is that sunny-ah will you be my girlfriend?"

she was so shocked.

"n-neh. oppa i would love to"

"omg thank you so much sunny"

"omo i can't believe i go out with siwon oppa" she said as she fangirl moment.

i couldn't help myself. tears just rolled down my eyes as i watched them hug each other.

it felt as if i had been slapped in the face... actually more like slapped in the face by the girl i loved ... sunny

tears continued to fall from my eyes as i watched them.

they broke the hug. sunny looked at me and saw me crying.

she looked concerned atleast thats what i think it is

"dae oppa why are you crying?" she asked.

"i'm just so happy that you have found someone who makes you happy" but i'm sad that it ain't me.

"but you look sad" she said worriedly as she walked closer to me and hugged me.

"a-anni, i'm fine. i'm just a bit sad to see you grow up so fast" i lied.

"oppa, you will always be my brother to me" it killed me to hear those words. i wanted to be more than just a brother.

"siwon, please i'm begging you. take good care of sunny" i said as i broke the hug.

"oppa, thank you. knew you would understand." i dont understand. but i won't get in the way of you being happy.

"dont worry daesung-ah i will" he replied. you better!!

"okay, i leave her in  your hands" i walkked away as fast as i could. i didn't want them to see my tears. to see my heart broken.

i walked into the boys toilet and broke down.

"sunny-ah is my love not enough?"

 
 
TAEYANG POV
 
i was in the boys toilet just staring out the window as i rememberd the look on taeyeon's face. the way she immediately brightened up when she saw leeteuk. aigoo... i bet she doesnt even know i left. 
she was too happy to even notice that i was crushed.... being inlove is awesome but being in love alone is depressing...
why couldn't i like anyone else? why did it have to be my best friend?
it makes that much harder to confess... i can't afford to lose her 
it's the reason it has taken me ten years to pluck up the courage to tell her that i'm in love with her....
and when i finally get the courage to do so i find out i'm too late....
oh well i guess i'm destined to be the shoulder that she can leann on not the person that she gives her heart to...
i stood there silently just staring lifelessly outside when i heard someone speak...
 
"sunny-ah is my love not enough?"
 
i know that voice....
"daesungah?" i called out
i heard the cubicle unlock and daesung walked out. just one look at him and i knew what had happened..
"i'm sorry" that was all i could say as i hugged him.
"i am too" he replied..
"so what are you going to do now move on?" i asked..
"i wish it were that easy hyung, but it looks like i'm destined to be the shoulder that she leans on, not the person that she gives her heart to.."
i started laughing as he looked at me weirdly.
"we really are love sick you know that?" 
he gave me a look.
"that's exactly what i said to myself" i continued to chuckle quietly..
"i'm glad that you can see the funny side of things hyung" he smiled at me weakly.
"we'll get through this daesungie"
i sure hope we do....