CH 17: Bon Voyage

Damn It Mr.Cho *PAUSED*

 

 

 

 

CH 17: Bon Voyage


 

Black Pearls

They are beautiful

They are valuable

and like moments such as these,

they are also rare.

 

No one reacted to the strange standoff between Nini, Skye and Kyuhyun. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves as they would if nothing had happened. Which wasn’t too shocking because only three people truly knew and understood what was going on. Another three believed they knew what was occurring, but no expected an interference. The interference came in the form of none other than Kim Jongdae.

 

“Seohyun-ssi?” Jongdae stepped into the cleared pathway between the two girls and Kyuhyun. The woman standing supportively behind Kyuhyun peaked from around his shoulders, replying to what must have been her name. Nini’s eyes scrolled up and down her quickly, observing her in detail.

“I didn’t see you come in, and this must be your date…”

“Kyuhyun, Cho Kyuhyun” Seohyun informed Jongdae so he could formally greet him.

“Jongdae, you must not have seen us come in because you were preoccupied.” Her eyes skipped over to Minseok with a curious glance before looking back to Jongdae.

“Well why don’t we all sit at the booth, seems like some of you are already familiar.”

“We are.” Skye’s voice was sharper than what she expected of herself. Dongwoo’s hand grasped her elbow, bringing her back slightly and distracting her thoughts momentarily. She tossed him an encouraging smile before following Jongdae in the direction he waved.

 

Nini stumbled slightly, Suho hooked their arms gently and guided her to a seat. She was stunned and numb. Maybe there is only a certain temperature our blood can boil to before it become a numbing pain. Perhaps our blood can boil so rapidly it all evaporates and leaves us as an empty cavern. Which ever it was Nini could only feel a stabbing dull pain as her eyes stayed locked to Kyuhyun.

 

As discussions travelled around the circular booth, no one brought up that Nini was Kyuhyun’s ex girlfriend. Kyuhyun avoided eye contact at all costs, Skye kept her teeth gritted and Nini traced the veins on Suho’s hand resting in front of her on the table.

“So Nini, how do you know Kyuhyun Oppa?” It was the dark haired baby faced girl beside Kyuhyun that spoke. Seohyun, Nini noted her name mentally before finding a decent response.

“We met in Canada when he was teaching.” Her voice didn’t waver as she spoke.

 

Kyuhyun looked over to her. Why didn’t she tell? They could all avoid the awkwardness of this very situation if someone cleared it up.

“You too Skye?” Minseok asked this time and Skye nodded slightly.

“I dated his best friend.” Skye’s voice was laced with poison as Kyuhyun noticed the past tense of her sentence.

“If you would excuse me, I’m going to get a drink...anyone else?” Skye looked around the table but no one spoke up.

“Want me to come with you?” Dongwoo looked up at her from the booth with concern in his eyes. Smiling down at him she shook her head.

“I’m alright, would you like anything?”

“I’ll have whatever you are having.”

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Skye made her way through the crowd and to the bar. She ordered two bottles of Soju knowing it would do the job. Leaning against the counter she could see the group of people she was with clearly. The man Nini introduced as Junmyeon seemed to be fretting. He probably had an idea about Nini’s past since they did indeed seem close. The two males watched the interaction between Nini and Kyuhyun closely. To everyone’s surprise, they were close friends with Kyuhyun and Nini. They had to know by now he was the boyfriend she was after . Dongwoo knew who Kyuhyun and Nini both were and Seohyun had some sort of clue that there was history between them. Minseok was also aware of who Nini was, or Skye was hoping he did anyways. The only one who was left out was Jongdae.

 

“Excuse me Miss.” Skye turned to see a man handing her two bottles.

“Oh, sorry I must have been holding your order up.” Skye bowed her head and took the bottles before reaching to her purse.

“Don’t worry about paying, they are on my tab.” The man smiled. Taken back by the kind gesture Skye stepped back to observe the mysterious stranger talking to her. His face was beyond breathtaking and made her question if he was a model. His hair was blonde and purposly styled messy. He had slender cat-like eyes and very large hands, one which he extended to her.

“Name’s Kris.”

“Skye.” She took his hand expecting a shake but instead brushed with a kiss.

“You must be new here.”

“Really? How could you tell?” Skye snickered pointing to her hair.

“I meant I have never seen you before, I’d like to see you more.” He cocked his head to the side, his eyelids dipping slowly before looking at her again.

“I’m kind of with someone.” Skye pointed over to the group of people and directly at Dongwoo.

“A CEO? Look at you, new around here and already snatching up an eligible bachelor.”

“Yeah, speaking of I should probably get back there. Thanks for the Soju?” Skye clinked the bottles and nodded thankfully.

“Treat them well.” He smirked, leaning back on the counter.

 

*~*~*~*~*


 

Skye walked back over to see a very quiet and somber Nini. Junmyeon’s teeth were gritted and Dongwoo was massaging his temples. The atmosphere of the circle had shifted dramatically.

She took her seat beside Dongwoo and handed him the bottle.

“What did I miss?” Skye looked around till Seohyun’s smile caught her attention.

“I invited the table to my vacation home in Japan for a couple or so days.” She grinned widely at Skye as if she was proclaiming good news. Skye looked over to Dongwoo who simply shrugged his shoulders before taking a sip of Soju.

“We will come, both Minseokie and I” Jongdae smiled and threw his arm around Minseok’s neck, nuzzling him close.

Minseok smiled sheepishly but gave Skye a worried side glance. help.

“I’ll go.” Skye announced and Dongwoo was quick to jump.

“I will as well.”

 

Nini was stunned. How could Skye agree to going to Kyuhyun’s apparently new girlfriend’s vacation home. Unless…

“Nini…” Suho bent down to whisper.

“I’ll come.” Nini saw Skye’s devious plan through with agreeing to go. She hadn’ sided with whether she was insane or a genius in her own mind.

“I will accompany Nini.” Suho bonded himself to the trip as well, shocked by Nini’s answer still.

“If Nini  is going and we get a couple days to harass Kyuhyun-ah, both of us will come also.” Eunhyuk smiled at Donghae and reached for his hand under the table.

 

Perfect. She had her friend. She had the troublesome distraction duo, and Suho. Suho was the key player in the plan for the couple days. Nothing could get under Kyuhyun’s skin more than having to watch her with someone else. Even though he had instructed her to move on, he was a man and although he had someone else she was sure he wasn’t ready to watch her with anyone but him.

 

Seohyun gave the details for where they would meet at the airport and  what time before Skye and Dongwoo both decided it was time to go home.

“Minseok, don’t worry about coming in tomorrow ok?” Skye grinned sweetly before leaving with Dongwoo.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Nini bid Suho goodnight before climbing onto her bed and burying herself under layers of blankets and pillows.

 

My first love has died, buried in my heart

It burned up my heart and became ash

Heart fluttering feelings have died, the spring days of my life have ended

Since then, I am nearly dead and barely alive.

 

The numbness had withered away like the outer petals of a rose. Now the sensitive center of vibrant red was exposed to the world like raw flesh. Wounded and burned Nini clutched her pillows, trying to avoid the pictures playing on the back of her eyelids. Their first meeting, their first date and kiss. Their first time. How he looked when she found him again, how she looked from behind him, they way they looked at one another.

 

Nini jumped from the bed and threw open her suitcase, busying herself with packing rather than hanging on memories of tonights events. It was all too overwhelming. Skye was back in her life. Kyuhyun was as well. She was no longer alone in Korea, but she sure felt alone.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Suho half tripped through the door with wobbly legs. The turn of events from tonights party had him rattled. What he thought would be a nice evening to treat Nini to turned out into her rekindling with her friend who had come to Korea just to find her. This wasn’t a negative point in Suho’s mind infact Nini looked delighted and relieved. It was the second unexpected meeting that shook her. Cho Kyuhyun. It was a name he was going to remember, that was for sure. He was a well dressed man, proper and older than both Nini and himself. He looked startled, like a ghost of his past had appeared in front of him. I guess you could say one did, but the look on Nini’s face will never fade from Suho’s mind. It was burned there. She was broken but not like last night. This time it was like watching the inside of an ice sculpture begin to crack. The surface is perfectly intact but on the inside you can see the oxygen pushing the ice apart, until it breaks from its core.

 

Suho was confused and angry. Hadn’t he tried to clean up the mess this man made last night, tonight was supposed to be different. To add insult to injury, he was with another woman. Suho wanted to pull his own heart from his chest and give it to Nini and take her hurting one because he physically couldn’t bare watching the anguish she was in.

 

He had held up strong until the woman accompanying Kyuhyun had invited the entire table to her vacation home. Who the hell has a vacation home? The resounding fact was Nini agreed to go. Why? was she a masochist? Was he?

 

“Hyung?” Jongin looked up from the couch where Kyungsoo had his head rested in his lap. The younger boy’s fingers running through his hair.

“I thought you two would still be out.”

“One of us drank too much…” Jongin raised an eyebrow and looked down at Kyungsoo.

“Jello shots…never again.” Kyungsoo mumbled, his lips barely moving and not opening his eyes.

 

“are you okay Hyung?” Jongin ignored the pouty boy in his lap.

“I...tonight was hell.”

“I’m going to guess it has to do with Nini?”

“How…”

“You are falling hard hyung. I must say, it is obvious on your face.” Jongin snickered and carried on massaging Kyungsoo’s head, the boy mewling happily in response.

“Well I shouldn’t be bothered by her, she is in love with her ex.”

“So it is an ex?”

“A recent one, he broke up with her last night.” Suho grimaced and fell back into the reclining chair.

”Is that why you never came home… were you comforting her?”

“Yeah.”

“HYUNG!? already??”

Suho recognized the expression the swiped over Jongin’s face and felt himself blush thinking of what Jongin must have concluded to in his mind.

“I was just drying her tears, I’m a man of morals.”

“Whatever you say.”

“I didn’t sleep with her Jongin.” Suho groaned and placed his palm over his face.

“Hyung I’ll believe you when I believe Jongin doesn’t give free pastries to every pretty girl that walks through the cafe.” Kyungsoo murmured.

“You two are helpless.”

“You haven’t asked for my help actually.” Jongin grinned devilishly at Suho.

“And what help or advice would that be?”

“Comfort her… be the friend, let her tell you her troubles and sooner or later she will realize he is gone and you have been there through it all.”

 

So that was bothering Suho. Not that he liked Nini or he was attracted to her but because she was in love with another man. Jongin knew there was some reason he was reserved around her.

 

“I’m also going on vacation with her ex, his new girlfriend and Nini.”

“What?!” Jongin jumped up from the couch, jostling Kyungsoo from his lap.

“Head~…” Kyungsoo groaned pulling Jongin back down in a sitting position.

“and Jongdae, Minseok, Nini’s friend Skye, Nini’s two guy friends and Solixir Co.’s CEO.”

 

Jongin blinked trying to understand the circumstances.

“Well hyung...bon voyage.” Jongin laughed not knowing what to tell Suho anymore.

“I had a feeling you might say that.” Suho exhaled exasperated and trudged to his room.

 

Bon voyage indeed.

 

*~*~*~*~*

“Dongwoo!”

….

“Jang Dongwoo!!”

….

“CEO JANG!”

….

“NICOLAS JANG DONGWOO!!!”

 

Skye set the plate down abruptly on the counter. She tracked down the hallway and clicked Dongwoo’s room door open. There he was strung out over the mattress and tangled in his sheets. Skye rolled her eyes and pitied Minseok for having to wake him up every morning. She also mentally slapped herself for giving Minseok the day off.

“Dongwoo...wake up.” Skye walked to his bed side and shook his shoulder. The man still remained unmoving and asleep.

“CEO NICOLAS JANG DONGWOO WAKE UP BEFORE I POUR THE BACON FAT ON YOUR CHEST AND BURN WHATEVER HAIR YOU HAVE OFF!”

Dongwoo took a deep breath, surfacing from his slumber and stretch upwards, pulling his shirt up with his hand. Skye attempted to avert her eyes but she wasn’t fast enough to not notice the muscleS clenching together when he exhaled.

“Good morning...you wake me up so pleasantly.” Dongwoo smiled and grabbed a hold of her hand, bringing it to his cheek.

“I have been calling your name for the last half hour. I wouldn’t actually pour the fat on your chest though…” Skye spoke softly, not pulling her hand away from his cheek.

“It’s ok, I have no chest hair.” Dongwoo kept his eyes shut but smiled the same large grin he sported around her. Skye just stood there bewildered by him.

“How did you know my english name?” Dongwoo flipped the conversation, nuzzling into her palm more.

“You told me last night.” Skye laughed as he opened his eyes and sat up straight in bed, releasing her hand.

“Soju makes me say funny things…” Dongwoo shrugged and looked back at her smiling.

“but you say funny things too.”

“What?”

“You kept telling her how you liked my hands because they were manly. They looked rough but are gentle. You also like playing with cold ears, I found this out when we walked home and came inside from the cold.”

Skye flushed crimson and looked away from him. That was awkward and embarrassing. Feeling the need to flee from the morning conversation she announced breakfast was ready and quickly bailed.

Dongwoo’s laughter erupted from the room behind her as she returned to her plates of bacon and eggs.

I swear I will never drink Soju again.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Donghae looked out the window to his side. The blurs of lights flying past them as the headed towards the airport. He felt anxious but relaxed as well. He was vacationing with someone he truly cared about. Even though others were there they would be able to have private moments, in a country away from their own. He was anxious because with openness came responsibility for your actions.

“We are so late.”

“huh?” Donghae snapped back from his worried thoughts and looked over at Eunhyuk.

“You procrastinated packing and now we are late.” Eunhyuk laughed, his gummy smile making an appearance.

“I’ll make sure to apologize.” Donghae laughed along with him and rested his head back in the seat.

 

Upon arrival at the airport the pair could easily spot their group. There were Skye and Dongwoo, the permanently smiling couple. Donghae couldn’t figure out how they were always so smiley but he couldn’t hold back a smile when he approached them.

The next couple spotted was Jongdae and Minseok, they seemed like college friends. Minsoek being a good student and Jongdae the annoying roommate with who got good grades without lifting his pinky. His past time was picking on Minseok, instead of studying.

To their right was Kyuhyun and Seohyun, the host. They looked like brother and sister, though Donghae had concluded they were more than what appeared to the eyes. Whether it was one sided or not was undetermined. Donghae had never heard Kyuhyun talk about Seohyun before or recently. There were things he needed to learn from his friend, regarding both Nini and Seohyun.

Lastly was Nini and her tag along, or self professed ‘Nini-sitter’. When Nini broke eye contact with Suho he looked at her as if she was a fragile sculpture, when they had eye contact his stare melted and he looked at her gently. Donghae had concluded he liked the landlord Suho but there was more to everyone’s story.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

If the meeting wasn’t awkward the flight absolutly was.

Jongdae had fallen asleep on Minseok’s shoulder and in turn Minseok plugged in earbuds to drown out his snoring.

Dongwoo had brought his laptop and was muttering off quotas and shares to Skye that made little to no sense. She gave him the comfort he needed by trying to pay attention but after awhile gave up on her fruitless efforts and rested her chin between Eunhyuk and Donghae’s seats. Watching the movie they had pulled up without audio.

Nini was more than displeased when her ticket read her seat was behind Seohyun and Kyuhyun. She was forced to watch their interactions the entire flight. Seohyun leaning over and wiping his mouth when he accidentally spilt juice when entering turbulence. Suho on the other hand occupied himself doing a book of sudoku  and side glancing at Nini every couple minutes to make sure the wheels in her head didn't turn too hard or enough to contemplate murder.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

“Seohyun-ah” A tall man greeted the host of the group at the top of the stairs. He pulled her into a comfortable bear hug before bowing to the rest of her company.

“Everyone this is my stay in house attendant Yunho.” Seohyun smiled happily.

“He can help you out with anything you need and any accommodations you require.”

“Hello” Yunho smiled and waved to everyone as shivering bodies and chattering teeth escaped into the warmth of the home.

“I really dislike snow…” Skye shivered convulsively.

“This part of Japan gets early and heavy snow so unfortunately this will be the weather you will have for the duration of your stay.” Skye blinked blankly at the man with a stiff grin. Thanks weather man.

 

“Since it is late I might as well tell you which rooms you will be lodging in. Room 1 is at the need of the left wing on the right, Jongdae and Minseok that room is for you. Room 2 is directly across from them and Eunhyuk and Donghae will be staying in that room. In the right wing is room 3 and 4. Suho and Nini you will be staying in 3 where Kyuhyun and myself will lodge in 4.” Seohyun smiled pleasantly and looked at the room of blank faces.

 

Eunhyuk and Donghae were more than pleased, whereas Jongdae and Minseok found nothing uncomfortable about sharing a room. The only thing the hadn’t figured out was there was only one queen bed, per room.

Nini questioned why she wasn’t roomed with Skye since they were both girls but it dawned on her that Seohyun believed Suho and her were an item.

“Su-”

“Don’t argue it, she wants the rise from you.” Suho bent forward and whispered her a warning before she continued. She also remembered her plan/ Maybe Suho had clued into why she agreed and was playing along. Either way she was glad he interupted.

“Super.” Nin recovered effortless and gave Seohyun a equally as fake smile.

 

“Oh, and CEO Jang, you and Skye will get the guest room up the stair on your far left.” Skye and Dongwoo stood stone faced.

Minseok couldn’t help but laugh at how the two were forced into awkward situations.

 

With rooms assigned and fatigue setting in everyone retired to the rooms. Each couple finding out that there was one bed and the idea of sleep soon developed into a battle of wills and mutual agreements.

 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

AN.

I will never be able to explain to you all how many scenes I LOVE in this chapter.

From the inital conversation to Kris and Skye's Soju tab. 

Nini's sad moment is nice, and KAISOO troll Suho hard (i love it +drunk babysoo)

Eunhae <3 awh they are cute.

Dongwoo in the morning...I could not have chaptered the characters anymore accurate here.

So yeah random (not so random) appearances by EXO's Kris and TVXQ's Yunho.

Yunho is similar to what Xiumin does for Dongwoo.

 

What does everyone think about these couples being on vacation in Japan?

Prepare for some good laughs.

p.s (see.....his man in the morning...tummy ^~^)

~Authornim Skye