CH:10 Abandoned

Damn It Mr.Cho *PAUSED*

 

SOME STRONG LANGUAGE

((P.S This is in 3 parts with the same timeline))

Enjoy~

 

 

 

 

Nini’s hand shivered as sobs convulsed from her chest. They started off as shallow whimpers but the more the reality sunk in the louder they got until all you could hear in the desolate apartment was her heartbroken tears. She gripped at the sheets balling them in her fist and gathering them towards her face, taking a deep breath and opening her teary eyes for the first time since she got to the apartment. Her breathing was ravaged and everywhere she looked another memory sliced through her like the blade of a dull knife. Slow. Painful. Her eyes lingered on the kitchen and gaped as the tears dripped off her lips.

“Kyuhyun…Isn’t it a tad early for wine?” She smirked and rolled to sit up, clawing the sheet around her to form a slip, the layers cascading over her delicate frame.

“It’s noon, so… no, no it is not” Kyuhyun grinned, his smiled radiating happiness. She loved the way his eyes trailed over her with the utmost appreciation and with such overbearing awe she couldn’t help but flush. He made her feel precious and treasured.

Nini wiped her eyes and bit her lip chewing it tediously. God damn it Mr.Cho why did you leave me? I asked you not to go, and you promised. Nini felt the tears spring once again, shaking her head she coughed a few more times, choking on her own sadness. Laying back in the bed she stared at the ceiling, her eyes eventually falling to the empty pillow beside her.

They say love falls like rain and the most deserted places can blossom into something beautiful. But rain can also turn to snow and those water droplets that were once rain, freeze, falling to earth and landing on our tongues. They are cold and generally unwelcoming as they encase the world beneath a white blanket, hiding it from the world till a warmer day arrives. Sometimes love is rain and sometimes it is snow, but there are moments of drought. When the drought comes upon us we wish the rain had never fallen so we couldn’t recall how the water fell on us and nourished us, letting us grow. We even ask for snow because it means someone is there, protecting you and sheilding you away from the world. But when drought falls upon us nothing is there, even the sun doesn’t penetrate and warm us, because it’s just dry and deserted. How do we grow and live if there is nothing to quench our thirst?

Nini planted her tear stained face into the abandoned pillow, breathing in his scent and wishing she could have him instead of just a discarded pillow who will never support the slumber of the one she so desperately needed.

When did she become like this? When had she allowed herself to become so venerable that she couldn’t move. The loss was crippling and bone shattering. If she rose from the bed she felt she would snap into a million pieces. Yet she was whole and rather it was her heart that was broken. The shard of glass that were her heart cut her from inside as the memories she guarded so dearly flowed and reminded her of what she loved and lost.

It’s my fault he is gone. How could she not blame herself? She nearly threw herself on him when they first met; not taking her eyes away from the man that was Cho Kyuhyun. If she hadn’t bumped into him maybe this wouldn’t have happened.

“Damn it Mr.Cho” She huffed and spun, smacking her face into something quite hard, but made of fleece?

“Why damn it?” Now recalling it, she had just let hang open trying to reel over the fact she had spun around and smacked solid into the man of her affections.

“Why damn it Mr. Cho?” He took a step back from her, his eyes travelling over her with a worrisome expression plastered to his flawless complexion.

Always such a worrier, she snickered.

“I was not eavesdropping I was worried”

How she wished he would worry over her now…

“I… umm, I…just, we all thought we would only have one teacher, and we didn’t know you were coming, we would have been more prepared, and I umm…” Her words failed her and all she could think about is how dearly she wanted Skye to come save her from this embarrassment.

 But in typical Skye fashion, she did not. She wanted to feel thankful but she wanted more now than ever for Skye to have been there to save her.

“I’m sorry then… Nini? right?” He leaned down a little to make eye contact with her, her bangs camouflaged her eyes.  She nodded and managed to smile back timidly. She knew that all this squirming under her skin was, but she had no clue why Mr. Cho was causing her to feel so ruffled, but he was, and it was uncomfortable.

 She knew know why her made her feel like that but she had let it all slip through her fingers.

“Well, I have to prep for tomorrow’s class, see you then Nini?” He grinned brightly, adjusting his side bag.

“Uh… yeah, see you then”

At least when she said she would see him tomorrow she kept her word, but she couldn’t be angry. She had slept with a teacher….on school property…In his office to make things worse.

“I’m so sorry Kyuhyun…” She wept picking up once of his watches from the bedside table. Its hands stuck on 12:04am.

Nini’s eyes looked towards the door of Kyuhyun’s apartment as knuckles banged against the wood.

“Nini, I know you’re here…let me in!”

“Changmin I’m-“ Nini sniffled rubbing her puffy eyes. “I’m not in the mood”

“It’s important”

“I don’t care what you ate for lunch!” Nini shouted back, her tears returning as droplets falling to the face of the watch.

“It’s about Kyuhyun!!!” Changmin thudded against the door impatiently.

Nini’s heart sank to her feet and she felt like she was made of led and couldn’t move even if her mind willed her to.

“Come in”

 

*~*~*~*

Skye threw her bag onto her couch and toppled down to the ground tangling her fingers in her hair.

“God ing damn it Cho Kyuhyun!” Skye bashed her fist on the ground and fell onto her hip, laying flat on the cold hardwood floor. Everything was so complicated and Skye’s heart hurt for Nini, the expression in her eyes when she heard Jessica proclaim she turned the two of them in.

“It was me, I turned your ty into the administration. Unfortunately you didn’t get suspended Mr.Cho got fired instead. Was the worth it?” Jessica’s eyes rolled and looked disapprovingly at Nini. Skye stepped around in front of Nini and looked at her face, which fell flat and her dark eyes looked up at her. She didn’t need to speak for Skye to read everything she had to say, she didn’t need to ask how she felt because Skye could see it.

“Well? Was it?”

“I’d shut your mouth before I shut it for you” Skye snarled at Jessica till Seohyun stepped forward slapping her hand across Skye’s face. The ringing clap echoing in the room. Skye bit her cheek and looked at her own feet.

“Don’t talk to Jessica like that”

“You stupid , this has nothing to do with you.”

“I’m Jessica’s friend so it does” Seohyun protested, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Well your case of general herpes has nothing to do with me, but since your doctor is my friend I guess it is” Skye spat and watched the class gasp in unison.

“Both of you shut up, I was talking to the class .”

In a blink of an eye Jessica was tumbling over her desk, legs sprawled and arms flailing to grab something on her way to meet the hard tile ground. Skye blinked furiously, looking at a red and puffy eyed Nini who huffed beside her. She looked up once at Skye before leaving the room, and running out.

Everything happened so fast that Skye couldn’t catch up to Nini.

“Skye!” Changmin waved from a bench at the front entrance, jogging over to her with a  cheery smile.

“Have you seen Nini?” Changmin’s face changed dramatically and he looked down.

“No…”

Skye panted from running and slumped her shoulders dropping her head.

“Kyuhyun’s gone, Nini ran out.”

“I’ll find her, trust me” Changmin smiled assuringly at Skye and took off outside.

Skye hugged the floor sighing and rolling onto her back.

“God my ceiling is dusty” She groaned, shutting her eyes and obstructing her view, allowing her thoughts to drift.

People walk in and out of doors, we don’t remember how we learned to open them, or close them. We often forget to close doors we open that adjoin two rooms and we become so comfortable with the doors being open and joining what used to be separate we leave them open or remove the door from its hinges completely. But there are times when we have to close the doors we have opened, either because we must close them to go somewhere different than the room we were in or because we must shut out what was in that room. We force ourselves to close a door of a distant memory, or a time we so dearly treasured. With each closing door we open another that consequently creates our future. Perhaps we will return to open the previous door and open it again, or we will never find the door we distantly closed. This in turn is how our path in life is created, not by stepping stones, but by the doors we open and close.

Skye opened her eyes to grab her vibrating phone.

NEW MESSAGE*

She sighed and opened it be grudgingly, but paused when she saw it was from Changmin.

From: Tall Freak >,<

I’m at Kyuhyun’s and my apartment complex, I think Nini ran here.

I’ll text you after.

Skye began typing a response and slide her phone on the hardwood. I knew College would be difficult or complicated but this was so not what I was expecting.

 

 

*~*~*~*

Changmin put his phone back in his pocket after Skye responded before knocking on Nini’s … Kyuhyun’s door. He dropped his arm thinking of how the day had started off and shoving out last night’s memories.

He probably had better things to be doing with his life than sitting on a College bench, but it was the closest place to get Coffee and the cashier was very nice. He also enjoyed the commons with the live plants and raised glass ceiling. It was a little heaven inside an institute built for studying and learning. What a concept.

Changmin mused and sipped his Coffee slowly, looking up at the exposed structural beams. Skye and Nini’s English class was only an hour long so he figured he would read a book and sip his coffee and catch Skye on her way out. He had wanted to ask her to go out for dinner with him but he couldn’t manage to ask her last night before she fell asleep on him.

Looking at his watch idly Changmin continued nursing his coffee before it cooled down.

11:15am

Their class had started 15 minutes ago. The countdown began and the more Changmin thought about asking Skye out for dinner he got more nervous. He was normally a confident guy but he had the whole player mask up and now she accepted his advances he had a hard time conducting himself around her. Her entire aura he had got accustomed to had changed dramatically and she had a much warmer presence. It was nice but it still felt uncomfortable with who she was now. Maybe he was trying to protect himself and all of these feelings were just words because he really did like her and he defiantly enjoyed their , there was no doubt in his mind he was attracted to her. He had been attracted to her since he first saw her in the club. Now they just needed to have a moment to really talk, as a couple. He didn’t want to just like the y or playful banter.

He looked up from his lap and saw Skye spinning, her face stricken with worry as she spun her hair tangling over her expression.

“Skye!” He got up grabbing his belongings and jogging over to her. He managed to put on a smile ignoring the sick feeling in his stomach. Skye looked up at him, her eyebrows knotted in the center of her forehead.

“Have you seen Nini?” Changmin’s face dropped as he was forced to remember last night and talking to Kyuhyun. These were the repercussions he was going to live with, not Kyuhyun.

“No…”but I know why you are asking, he thought to himself.

Skye stood in front of him panting from running and slumped her shoulders dropping her head in defeat.

“Kyuhyun’s gone, Nini ran out.”

He already knew Kyuhyun was gone at the time, as he recalled the previous night.

“What took you so long?” Skye batted her lashes looking up at him from the couch as he dropped his phone by his side leaving the bathroom.

“Oh, just a telemarketer called while I was in the bathroom, I feel rude if I hang up right away.” He should tell her but he swore not to tell anyone.

“Well come on” Skye patted the couch eagerly the popcorn already on the table. Changmin managed to smile weakly and strode over to sit beside Skye.

He will forever curse his best friend for swearing him to secrecy.

“I’ll find her, trust me” Changmin smiled assuringly at Skye and took off outside. He jumped into his car his heart thudding against his chest walls as he jabbed the ignition, bringing his car to life. The speed limits seemed too slow as he already had a hunch Nini was at Kyuhyun’s apartment. For extra measures he went to her house first, luckily remembering her address from memory. After two rings of the doorbell it was made obvious she was not at home and so the chase continued.

Changmin swerved into the apartment complex parking lot and hurried out and up flights of stairs not willing to wait patiently for the elevator.

Grabbing his phone he looked for Skye in his recent text messages.

To: Little Blonde One

I’m at Kyuhyun’s and my apartment complex, I think Nini ran here.

I’ll text you after.

Changmin looked at the wall tapping his foot and waited for a response.

NEW MESSAGE*

FROM: Little Blonde One

“Okay, let me know how she is”

And here he was standing outside Kyuhyun and his apartment. He could hear her sobs from inside and they ripped open his heart just listening to her cry and wail from Kyuhyun abandoning her. He mustered up the nerve to knock and let his knuckles fall against the wood three times. No one answered for awhile. He sighed and spoke clearly against the door.

“Nini, I know you’re here…let me in!” Changmin pleaded, he cheek pressed to the door.

“Changmin I’m-“ She paused and he heard her sniff, conjuring up herself to continue speaking “I’m not in the mood”

“It’s important” Changmin felt himself groveling. Damn It Kyuhyun.

“I don’t care what you ate for lunch!” Nini shouted back and he could her begin crying again. It was a decision he had to make and he knew he had to, for both of them. Regardless of how much Kyuhyun will hate him later.

“It’s about Kyuhyun!!!” He thudded his foot against the door impatiently. After a good minute of silence she spoke again.

 “Come in”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF! fastest I wrote a chapter in a really long time.

I was really inspired to write this chapter because after watching "I Hear Your Voice" I was like tormented and just sad 

so I was able to put int the heartbreak and also the twisting plot that will unravel.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and you will have to go through another prologue until the next chapter.

Thank You Reader and New Subscribers!! <3

Comments are always welcome!

~Authornim Skye

(Music Inspiration: When I Miss You - B2ST)