CH 1: Day Dreaming

Damn It Mr.Cho *PAUSED*

 

 

“I don’t know how we managed to get this class together”

Nini’s eyes darted to the blonde girl who was about the same height as her and walked at her side.

“Out of all classes” Nini chuckled, squeezing her binder closer to her chest.

“Nervous?”

This is Skye, she had gone to the same high school as Nini, and although they weren’t best friends, they talked nearly every day. To Nini’s relief she knew at least someone in her 3rd period English class. The two of them took completely different courses but English was one they had in common…Thankfully.

“It’s just English” Skye snickered and walked in the door first, snagging seats in the middle of the class. Nini had no idea what stressed her out about this class but she just felt like she would stick out like a sore thumb. Taking a deep breath she walked in timidly and slid into her seat beside Skye.

“Found any hot guys yet?” Skye nudged jokingly, she knew how picky Nini was. The girl had high, high standards.

“Nope” Nini grinned, the apples of her cheeks raised, turning her eyes into small crescents on her flawless skin.

“Figures, one of the prettiest girls I know and no one is worth your time” Skye’s sarcastic sense of humor was what made her funny, but she had a sweet heart. Nini knew she was just playing around., but She also knew she was right though. Nini was picky and had higher than high standards.

“This is what I get for watching dramas…” She huffed, blowing her bangs out of her eyes.

“You just summed up my life in a sentence” Skye overheard her sideline comment but continued to doodle over her binder.

“Class, I’m your prof Mr. Roberts , you can call me James, Prof, Teach, Sir…. Whatever you wish, but I will be your first year College English teacher.” A loud enthusiastic and booming voice caught everyone attention’s as 24 pairs of eyes concentrated on the man at the front of the room.

Nini sized up the prof. He was tall with ash blonde hair and hazel eyes. He seemed to be a prankster teacher. You know the one who plays April fools jokes on his class. Already she was feeling more at ease.

“Nervous still?”

“Do you just read my mind?” Nini shot a glance over to Skye who was beside herself giggling into her sleeve.It was uncanny how Skye sometimes knew exactly what was on her mind. It freaked her out.  

The rapping of knuckles brushing the classroom door snapped Nini’s mind back to reality and the classroom. She needed to break this habit of daydreaming.

“Oh, come in, come in” Mr. Roberts ushered a thin tall boy into the class. He had a sling bag strapped over one shoulder and a collar plaid shirt peeking out from under a beige sweater. He wore nicely tailored jeans and black rimmed glasses too. He was well put together that was for sure.  She sighed, resting her cheek in her palm. He was very good looking, extremely good looking, and she was going to take this opportunity to appreciate how handsome this boy was, as she drifted back into the daydream like state.

“Nini?”

Nini had never been the girl to fall in love. It wasn’t her lack of desire to love, but more of less her infatuation with the idea that maybe love would find you. That, and no one was really her type. In fact she didn’t even know she had a type, until now.

“Class I want to introduce Mr.Cho, your exchange, teacher’s assistant”

She felt like her entire world came to a halting stop when he looked up from under his wavy brown fringe and through his glasses.

“Hello class, I’m Mr. Cho… or Kyuhyun, uhm, hmmm” His eyes shot back down to his hands, mulling over the right words to say.

“Just call him as you please, Mr.Cho or Kyuhyun, class, He is from Korea. He came here to expand his teaching in an English environment in hopes to go back and be an English teacher for Korean students.

Mr.Cho….Mr. Cho Kyuhyun….

“Nini!?” Skye snapped her two fingers in front of Nini’s face, her eyes automatically adjusting to focus on Skye freshly painted nails, and slowly pulling herself back out of the black hole that was her ever wandering mind.

“What?” Nini’s voice peaked in confusion.

“He is saying hi…” Skye’s eyes widened and motioned to the other side of Nini. He wasn’t, was he? He had just introduced himself…how long was she zoned out for?

 Nini partially cringed but spun her legs around and twisted her body to the other side of her desk. Face to Face with her teacher’s assistant. Her very attractive teacher’s assistant.

“Hi, I’m Mr. Cho Kyuhyun, you are?” He had bent down to be eye level with her and his bright white teeth almost had Nini forget her name.

“Nini Nguyen” She smiled brightly looking back into the deep chocolate eyes that watched her facial features so intently.

“Hi Nini” He smiled and stood up moving down the aisle of the class. It was such a short conversation, but the fluttering in her rib cage was too loud to ignore.

The way he said her name.  The way he had asked her, her name…. Oh god.

“Nini, your face in the colour of cherry tomatoes, flustered much?” Skye’s smirk was plastered to her moon shaped face.

“No!” Nini crossed her arms and grinned playfully, but inside her brain was slowly turning to mush at the thought of Mr. Cho Kyuhyun.

“ya … okay” Skye rolled her eyes and continued to copy down the note off the board.

 

The bell couldn’t have come any faster. Nini was the first to jump out of her seat and rush from the room that filled her with too many thoughts.

“Hey! Nini! Wait up!”

She her heels to see Skye running after her.

“God you got up awful fast,” Skye groaned when she reached Nini.”I’ve never seen you turn into mush so fast” Her laugh resonated in the high ceiling hallway, but Nini’s mind was completely blank.

He was perfect. Handsome, smart and … well that’s all she knew for sure but he was also her teacher’s assistant. That was the first negative.

“It’s Mr.Cho isn’t it?” Skye nudged still laughing at her.

“No….uh…”

“You actually at lying you know that right?”

“Damn it” Nini groaned crossing her arms and biting her lower lip. What was she going to do with Mr. Cho Kyuhyun. Oh right… nothing, because he is a teacher’s assiatnt!

“You’re right, Damn it Mr. Cho” Skye giggled drawing an air heart with her fingers before half running away from a very frustrated Nini.

“Damn it Mr.Cho” Nini huffed and spun, smacking her face into something quite hard, but made of fleece?

“Why damn it?”

Oh god….It was him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHORS NOTE:

For starters, Super Junior isn't one of my TOP 5 groups so this will be halriously difficult. I hope you all like the characters as they are starting, I promise to improve my writing. Sometimes it's hard to get the ball rolling. Anyways be prepared for drama, romance, and humour in upcoming chapters! 

Let me know what you all think!

-Authornim Skye

 

BONUS!

SONG: Tiffany & Kyuhyun - To the Beautiful You [TTBY OST]