Friday January 19th

He's Only My Friend.....?

Friday, January 19th, 2010

            The next morning, Ryeowook woke me up again, headed off to the kitchen, and I was again left alone to wake them up. Let them sleep, I’m not getting them up, I decided. After going the morning routine of using the bathroom, washing my face, brushing my teeth, I put my hair back in a headband and left to go join Ryeowook in the kitchen. Surprisingly, already sitting with Ryeowook was Kangin, the two talking. Ryeowook turned towards me and said, “Are the rest of them already awake?” I shook my head and told him I didn’t feel like waking them up, and he simply said, “Fine with me,” The two went back to talking with each other, and I poured milk in to a bowl, bringing the cereal box with me in to the family room. Flipping through channels, I found nothing to watch and the radio. They were playing Super Junior songs, so as I was eating, I was singing along. One by one, everyone started waking up, Siwon first and Donghae last.

            It was twelve o’clock by the time everybody was up and in the kitchen, eating breakfast or sitting with me in the family room. A little while later, my phone went off and I left to go answer it. “Hello?”

            “Hey, Eun Mi, it’s Mi Sun! So, you, busy today? I wanted to hang out, I’m free this weekend!”

            “Sorry, I’m busy today and tomorrow, but Sunday we can hang out,”

            “That’s cool with me, but what are you doing today?”

            “Well, I’m going out with someone I met at the beach and a party, his name’s Dong Min. We’re going to see a movie and eat dinner. Saturday, Kyuhyun and I are going to the coffee shop, the one that’s close to the apartments. What do you want to do Sunday?”

            “I was thinking of going shopping, but, because you’re going on a date, let’s go shopping today! We can find something for you to wear for tonight!”

            “But I have mile-long closet full of clothes!?”

            “You’ve already worn all of those clothes already, you know it!”

            “Fine, but what are we going to do Sunday?”

            “Let’s have a slumber party! Go swimming in the pool, getting exercise and just catching up with each other! Okay?”

            “Yeah, fun. So, do you want me to pick you up? I just need to take a shower and change, and then I’ll be at your place. It’s, um, twelve-thirty right now, so I’ll be at your house at one-thirty. Got it?”

            “Okay then, I’ll be ready. What time are you coming to my house for our sleepover?”       

            “I’ll be there by ten o’clock, maybe earlier. See you then?”

            “See you then. Bye!” 

            “Bye!” I walked back in to the family room and said, “Hey, I’m leaving the house at around one-thirty to go pick Mi Sun up. I’m going somewhere tonight, and she’s making me go shopping. Saturday, I’m chilling with Kyuhyun at the coffee shop nearby, and Sunday, Mi Sun’s invited me to sleepover at her place. Got it?” I rarely went shopping, usually having Mi Sun buying all my clothes for me. All at once, I heard,

            “Where are you going?”

            “You’re going shopping?! What are these so-called plans for tonight?”

            “Why do you need to go shopping?”

            “Eun Mi’s going shopping? Where are you going tonight?”

            “Can I come?” (Eunhyuk…) I waited till they all finished talking and yelling, then explained,

            “Dong Min and I are going to see a movie and have dinner. Mi Sun thinks I should wear something new, and so I’m taking her shopping. Then Sunday I’m going to house for a sleepover, leaving at around ten. Wake up by yourself, do whatever you want, but I’m gone, okay? And, don’t go in my room to play dress-up, got it?” I looked directly at Yesung when I said that, who turned away and pretended not to hear me. As I was about to leave, Kangin said,

            “Wait, so you’re going out with Dong Min? Then you’re leaving us here Sunday?” I nodded, indicating that that was basically what I just said. He turned back, still looking confused, but somewhat better.

            “Any more questions? I have to go take a shower and get changed.” Nobody said anything, so I left towards the bathroom, putting my phone up on the way.

            After my shower, I wrapped myself in a towel and headed in to my room. I went in to the closet and shut the door, when I heard someone come in my room. “Who is it?” I called out. The person yelled back,

            “It’s Hankyung!”

            “What do you need?”

            “Um, I was wondering, can I ask you a question?” Without waiting for a reply, he continued, “Do you really know Dong Min?” I turned around in the closet, confused.

            “What do you mean?”

            “I mean, do you really know the guy? Cause he doesn’t seem like someone you would go out with, you know?”

            “No, I don’t know. I mean, we talked at that party two days ago, and he seems like someone nice. Is there a problem?” I walked out of the closet, changed in a white hoodie, v-neck, with a yellow cami underneath. Skinny jeans and yellow ballet flats completed the look, my hair still wrapped up in the towel.

            “Not really a problem, but I don’t think you’d like him as a super close friend if you knew him, like, really knew him.”

            “I don’t really know him though, so, that’s why we’re hanging out today. Besides, what is there not to like?” Hankyung got up, brushed off his pajama pants, and looked at me.

            “I’m just saying, he’s not going to treat you the way you want to be treated, if you can understand what I’m getting at.” He started towards the door, then turned around and finished, “I’m pretty sure you don’t want to go out with him after tonight, okay?” I stood, there, confused, and tried to understand what he was getting at, not getting anywhere. I turned around to shut the closet, and then headed in to the bathroom. I dried off my hair and combed it, throwing it up in to a ponytail, clipping my bangs back. As I was opening the door, someone was standing right there. Still thinking it was Hankyung, I said

            “What do you want, Hankyung?” I looked up, and there was Eunhyuk, holding a shopping list. I walked past, grabbed my tote and keys, and walked toward the front door. He ran after me, still clutching his clothing list. I shook my head, telling him I wasn’t going shopping for him, and that he couldn’t come with me. He shrugged his shoulders, waving good-bye and walking away. What goes on in that guy’s head, seriously? I unlocked my car, a sleek white sports car. It took ten minutes to drive over to her house; by then it was one-thirty. Mi Sun walked out, dressed in flare jeans and a pink peasant top. She sat in the car, ready to go the outlet mall we were headed. As we drove over there, she told me some new things that would look good on me, and I dutifully agreed with her, barely paying attention. We arrived at the shopping area ten minutes later, Mi Sun eager to get started.

            “So, where do you want to go first?” It was an expensive area, but she insisted that we go here. We have the money, why not just spend it here? is what she had told me.

            “Um, anywhere, you decide.” I replied. She sped over to the nearest store, which happened to be her favorite, the blatant Korean Clothing Store. I didn’t find anything there for my likes, but she found some dresses she likes, one black and white, polka-dotted and the other a spring green dress, perfect for the upcoming season. Next, we headed to Causeway Mall, where I still didn’t find anything. It was JStyle Shopper, though, where I found what I was looking for. I couldn’t have done it with out Mi Sun, she was the one that led to me the dressy section. In the dressing room, I had tried on a variety of clothes, but my favorites were dressy shorts that had two, shiny black buttons at the side and a sleeveless, glossy yellow blouse. I bought a yellow ring that matched, in the shape of the flower and outlined in black. I didn’t have any shoes to go with the outfit, so Mi Sun found some yellow heels, and I had a black clutch. She wanted to come over to my house to do my make up, but I told her I didn’t need any. Finally, after lunch at a calm restaurant, I dropped her off at home and drove back to the apartments. It was four thirty then, so I had around forty, fifty minutes until I had to get ready.

            As I walked in to the house, the guys were all watching some reality show on TV. I slipped in to my room, where Eunhyuk joined me and looked through what I bought. He approved of it, then left to go join the guys, and they called me in to the family room to ask how it went, everybody still looking tired. We talked for a little bit, and five-twenty soon approached. I dressed in to my clothes, then dropped some lip gloss in to my purse, along with my phone. Ryeowook came in to see what I was wearing, and shook his head when he saw. “What, is there something wrong with it?”

            “No, your outfit is fine, it’s just your face.” I brought my hand to my face, offended.

            “What’s wrong with my face?”

            “God, you look so boring for a first date. Put on some make up, will you?”

            “Do I look bad with out it or something?”    

            “No, you look fine with out it, but it’s your first date. Go, sit on your bed.” I  sat on the bed, watching as he walked in to my bathroom and came out with an un-used make up kit he had gotten me last year. “What is this, you haven’t touched it at all? I only got it for you because you didn’t have any!” He sat in chair across me and started loading my face with eyeliner, mascara, and eye shadow. When he finished, he got up and put the kit away. “There, go look at yourself now. You look amazing for a first date.” I walked in to the bathroom, admiring what he had done. If I looked super close, I could see that he had applied a little yellow to bring out the color of my eyes, and the eyeliner made my eyes look bigger. The mascara was perfectly and evenly applied, and he had even added a certain shade of lip gloss to make my lips look a little redder.

            “Gosh, you’re amazing, you should be my make up artist, you know that?” He smiled, then brought me my purse, leading me to the family room. It was almost six, all the guys having left and in their rooms. The clock chimed six, and I was sitting there, waiting for Dong Min to come. Ten minutes later, he still hadn’t arrived, and the guys had started coming in to the kitchen. Heechul came first, looking at me and saying,

            “Hey, you look good, but what are you still doing here?” I told him Dong Min wasn’t here yet, and I sat there waiting until six-thirty. By then, everybody was sitting in the kitchen and just waiting for Dong Min to come. My phone rang, and I answered it.

            “Hello?”

            “Hey, Eun Mi, come out, I’m right outside your house.”

            “Are you not coming in?”

            “No, it’s cold outside, just come in the driveway. I’m right there, in the yellow car.” I got up, dusting off my shorts and heading towards the door.

            “Hey, where are you going?” Kyuhyun asked.

            “He’s outside, in the driveway. I’m leaving,” I replied.

            “Is he not coming in?”

            “Nope, I’m meeting him outside. It’s cold.” He looked away, annoyed. Hankyung shook his head, reminding me of what he said that morning. I waved good-bye and left, in to the harsh wind and toward the driveway. There I entered Dong Min’s car, trying to hide my amusement. He had brought a bright yellow car, different from all the others on the road. We chatted along the way, where he parked in the cinema’s parking lot. I got out, waiting for him to pull on his jacket, me still shivering in the cold, and we walked together towards the movie theatre. Dong Min bought the tickets, annoyed I hadn’t brought any money to pay for mine (I was supposed to?!). Then we walked in to the building where I had to go in and save the seats while he bought popcorn and drinks. When he arrived, the drinks were sloshing everywhere and half the popcorn gone. “Did you spill it?” I asked, wondering what happened to the empty half. He looked at me like I was joking, and said, “Ha, no. I ate it.” I looked away, disgusted, but not wanting to say anything. The movie wasn’t all that great, he laughed too loud during scenes that weren’t that funny, and made fun of the show every few minutes. I hoped the dinner would be better, but it wasn’t all that good.

            “So, what do you like to do in your spare time?” he asked, shoveling food down his throat. I had a full plate in front of me, but because of how he was eating, the food didn’t look appetizing and I just re-arranged the dinner from time to time.

            “Um, I like to hang out with band members, and my stylist, Mi Sun. She was the one that chose this outfit out for me,” I said.

            “Well, mhmphf, she has good taste,” he said, coughing the words out.

            “Yeah, uh-huh. How about you?”

            “Well, I like to just hang out with friends, mostly girls, you know?”

            “O-kay, that’s good.” The whole meal went on like this, awkward and kind of rehearsed. When he dropped me off at home, once again, he didn’t come inside. He just leaned over in the car to hug me, maybe kiss me good-night, but I wouldn’t know because I hopped out of the car before he could touch me. When I entered the house, everybody was already asleep, except for Hankyung, who wanted to know how it went. Before he could ask, I ran in to my room, changed out of clothes and in to my pajamas, washed off my face, and cleaned up everything. Then I ran back in to the family room, sat down next to him, and told him the whole night’s disasters. It was around two when I finished, because Dong Min had kept me out so late. We talked the whole night, falling asleep on the couch at four, five, just discussing what was known as the worst date I’ve ever been on.

 

Author's Note: So i just decided to keep posting the story. PLEASE COMMENT!!! haha alright you guys enjoy the story. So i've been waiting for SHINee's comeback and i can't believe i freakin just saw the luciffer video a couple days ago.!!!!!! sigh.... oh well. but actually....i like all of their hair. but i wish minho kept his hair long. i just love his long hair. My favorite part of their video is that little smirk that key gives when onew is singing and the camera shows all of the member's faces. oooo and jonghyun's little temple rub is SUPER HOT!! that video made me fall in love with all of the shinee members again hahah. ok too much rambling :O Thanks for reading!!!