Saturday, January 27th

He's Only My Friend.....?

Saturday morning had arrived; reminding me of our plan’s to go on film today. We were appearing on Champagne; a variety show that basically involved us talking with the three MC’s, Park Si-Yeon, Kim Jong-Kook, and the infamous Boom. Not having to prepare too much, I stood on the bed and leaned against the wall. I was wide awake and alert, a hundred times better than yesterday morning. I leaped off the bed and steadily walked towards Leeteuk’s room, not being as forceful waking them up as the last few days. Same with Heechul’s room and Yesung’s room, but it took a lot longer to get everybody up and stirring. Ryeowook was still sleeping, a surprise to me but nothing too unusual nonetheless. I still hadn’t seen what I was going to wear, but I hoped it wasn’t something too fancy, because we weren’t just doing an interview at Champagne. I don’t know if Mi Sun had ever watched the show, but we had to do some weird things while talking.

I ate breakfast slowly, watching some reruns of Champagne while eating cereal. Boom, of course, had been the one to assign the activities, and some of the guys would come in while I was watching, joining me on the couch or on the floor. I was finished soon, but kept the TV on. I strode in to my room and took out the gray bag that was hanging in my closet, zipping it open and daring to see what Mi Sun had packed me. Unluckily, what Mi Sun had given me to wear was not appropriate for the things coming up in the variety show, which happened to be a black dress that ruffled at the bottom, strapless and only perfect for prom. I grabbed at my phone and speed-dialed Mi Sun, who answered in the first few rings.

“Hello?”

“Mi Sun, hey, I have to ask you something.”

“Hey, Eun Mi, what’s up?” Are ready for your variety show today?”

“Well, only kind of…”

“Why only kind of?”

“I don’t have anything to wear!”

“Yeah you do, I gave you something a while ago.”

“I know, but I can’t wear that. You know Boom is one of the MC’s, and we’re not only doing interview stuff because of him.”

“Shoot, I knew that was going to happen.”

“Then why didn’t you prepare for it?!”

“I did! Check behind you’re first outfit, and if you don’t like that, then wear something I’m pretty sure I left in your closet.” I looked behind and sighed again. This dress was a little better, but I’m not sure I wanted to wear this either. It was off-white with two layers, purposely wrinkled with small pink flowers everywhere. At the end of each layer was a shiny green edging, and right below my chest was a thick green bow. It was spaghetti strapped, and like a summer dress.

“Mi Sun, I like this, but I want to wear something more casual.”

“I got the perfect idea! Okay, so you know how you have you’re date with Young Sun, a picnic date? Wear that dress! Give the other one to me; I don’t like it that much for you. I’ll have it.”

“I don’t like it for me either, you can have it. That’s an amazing idea, I’ll wear it. But what was the other outfit you’re planning for me to wear?”

“Oh yeah, forgot about that. So, in your closet will be a pair of super dark skinny jeans, they are new. And then, there’s a plain, off the shoulder top, its white with black writing on it. I had it customized; it was a present for winning something or another. If you look closely, the word’s say Kim Eun Mi: Super Junior’s Maknae. The flat black boots will finish off everything else, got it?”

“Aw, thanks! I don’t remember that, probably because you stuck it in my closet. So, it’ll most likely be aired live, but if not, I’ll give you the early tape. Again, thanks, talk to you later. Wish me luck!”

“Your welcome! Okay, good luck then, I’ll see you tomorrow.” She hung up, and I searched through my closet until I found the right clothes. I also hung up the picnic dress, leaving the prom dress in the gray bag and on my bed so I could give it to someone to drop it off at the studio. A shower, a change of clothes, and blow-dried hair, and I was finished. I left my hair down and clipped my bangs back, leaving a little bump in the front. Everybody was dressed and ready around the same time that I was, again looking sharp in black or dark blue jeans, collared shirts in different colors and some of them wearing suit jackets and all of them wearing white shoes.

We finally headed off, reaching the Champagne studio in record time considering how far away it was. We were greeted by the MCs, all of them looking happy to see us and very conscious. After walking around the area, getting a few refreshments, we were put in our designated seats and the filming began. The chairs were on steps, six on the bottom and the seven on top. The shorter people were on the bottom, arranged like Sungmin, Kibum, me, Donghae, Ryeowook, and Yesung. The taller guys were on the top, which was ordered like Siwon, Leeteuk, Hankyung, Heechul, Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk, and Kangin. Park Si-Yeon was sitting closest to us, Kim Jong-Kook in the middle, and Boom at the end.

“So,” Park Si-Yeon started, “tell me, Leeteuk, what is it like being the leader of Super Junior?”

“Ha, um, interesting, really. There’s a lot of excitement, its great being able to be in charge of such a, a unique group is what I have to call us.”

“Really? I never would have imagined that.” She looked at the note cards in her hands, and then turned towards Boom who took a breath and talked.

“I’ll make it interesting. Tell me, where are the latest fights going on?” I turned around, watching everybody’s expression face towards Kangin. “It seems like everybody is looking at Kangin. Tell us, who do you argue with?” He laughed/coughed in to his fist, and said,

“Argue? What are you talking about? I beat them up if they annoy me, but that’s with everybody except Eun Mi. I don’t fight with one particular person, if these guys haven’t noticed.”

“Who does fight with one particular person?”

“Um, no one fights with one person, but you can go ahead and focus on Eun Mi.” The camera turned towards me, and I scowled jokingly at Kangin.

“Yeah, um, so Kangin’s probably right. I’m probably the meanest verbally, but physically only in the morning. These guys will not get up!! Excluding Ryeowook, I’m forced to go around to everyone and kick them awake. Its tough work, you have to try it once.” Park Si-Yeon and Kim Jong-Kook looked shaken, acting like I was an alien or something for being like that. Boom, on the other hand, was unmoved, kind of expecting that I had a personality like that. Kim Jong-Kook went next, asking

“Kyuhyun, what’s it like being the youngest guy out of everybody?” Everybody looked expectantly at Kyuhyun, who calmly answered,

“No different than anyone else. It’s Eun Mi you should again ask, because she’s not really the girl of Super Junior, just the youngest of Super Junior.” Once again, I was required to answer, and I quickly said,

“I’m teased a lot, because I’m young and short and a girl. I also get away with a bunch of stuff, and so I’m able to do anything I want. In the band, while rehearsing or whatever, I’m treated a little older than I am because I’m a lead vocalist, along with Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, and Yesung, a lead dancer, including Eunhyuk, Hankyung, and Donghae, and one of the five main rappers in our group, being me, Eunhyuk, Heechul, Kibum, and Donghae.” I finished up, and then looked expectantly at Park Si-Yeon, waiting for her to ask her question.

“Moving on, I have to ask, who’s the funniest in the group?” Every single one of us looked at Eunhyuk, Donghae, or Yesung. The three had no idea they were the attention-getters, all of them smiling like there was no tomorrow. “Eunhyuk, why are you the funniest?” Donghae and Yesung looked at Eunhyuk, shocked.

“Wait, wait, I’m the funniest?” Both Eunhyuk and Park Si-Yeon looked confused, and she shook her head and instead turned to Donghae and asked the same thing.

“But, pause, I thought it was Eunhyuk? Is it me or Eunhyuk?” Again, the he looked confused along with Eunhyuk, and she finally asked Yesung.

“I knew it was me, all along. That’s why-” and Heechul cut him off.

“Shut up Yesung, let me answer this one. These three are idiots, dimwits, they do the most retarded things in the world. There was this one time; we were coming home late at night after working the whole day. Finally, after a whole week of non-stop travel from here to there, shooting music videos and recording and going to parties and all this stuff, we were off the next day. Eunhyuk, Donghae, and Yesung weren’t as tired, because the three had woken up later in the morning than the rest of us. All of us immediately went to bed and fell asleep, and because those three weren’t tired, they stayed up all night wrecking up the house and drawing on all of our faces. Everybody does that, but because they’re so smart, they drew on themselves too. None of them realized they were targets of humiliation, and in the morning, we got up and saw the three giggling on the couch and drawing on each other.

“In the end, Eunhyuk had freckles and boogers and a unibrow, Donghae a mustache, sideburns that were made in to a beard, and zits all over his face. I don’t even know what the heck Yesung drew on himself, that kid has no drawing abilities whatsoever.” All of us were laughing except Eunhyuk, Donghae, and Yesung, who looked dumbstruck, and of course, still confused. All of sudden, Hankyung, who was sitting next to Heechul, burst out saying,

“Oh, and I remember this one time when I was coming home from a party I’d been to of my one friend’s, and Yesung was sitting in the family room by himself. I asked him, ‘Where’s everybody else?’ and he said ‘Oh, they’re gone out swimming, I didn’t want to go,’ so I left him and went in to my room to change out. Later, he came in to my room and sat there for a while. I let him stay while I drank milk, and soon everybody came back. Eunhyuk and Donghae were all excited, jumping around with each other, and the others were holding coffee in their hands, chatting excitedly.

“Yesung, a coffee enthusiast, looked shocked to see coffee with them. ‘Hey, why didn’t you tell me you were going for coffee? I wanted some!’ I looked over at the rest of the guys, and Kyuhyun answered him, replying ‘We did tell you, but you said you didn’t want to come.’ Yesung looked confused, asking ‘I though you said swimming!’ I stared at him, wondering how the heck he confused swimming with coffee, as was everybody else, and he shrugged his shoulders, puzzled with what he had come up. I think everybody was bewildered by what was going on in his brain, and Donghae suddenly spoke up. ‘Wait, I thought we did go swimming.’ Eunhyuk looked over at him, also posing, ‘We didn’t go swimming?’ God, I really don’t know what goes on in those three brains, I really don’t.”

By now, Boom was doubling over, laughing at the three who were absolutely bemused by what was going on now. Even Kim Jong-Kook, who usually never smiled, was trying to hide any signs of amusement. Still Park Si-Yeon remained unnerved, which was kind of starting to creep me out. Finally, when Boom was finished chortling, he straightened up and shuffled around his note cards, earning a look of disgust from Park Si-Yeon.

“Keeping things interesting, romance stories. Whose is it?” He looked up and calmly gazed across everybody, and I sneaked a glance at Kyuhyun who was looking at his feet. Finally, Siwon spoke up.

“These romance stories, where do people come up with them? Seriously, we’ve all gone out with someone in our lives, even if we’ve never actually dated someone.” Sungmin added on, saying,

“Even now, Eun Mi is with one of my closest outer-band friends, Young Sun. They’re going on their first date pretty soon, actually.” I rotated my body to the side so I was facing directly at him. It’s not like it was a big secret, I was just planning on telling them myself, or at least Kyuhyun. Nobody else looked too alarmed at this recent news other than Kyuhyun, who immediately looked up from his shoes, going,

“What?!” I didn’t look at him, afraid to see his face. Boom heard Kyuhyun, sensed something, and commented.

“Ooh, I sense a little tension going on here. Anything going on between the two maknaes?” I furiously shook my head, objecting to any point he was trying to make. “Okay, okay, got it, nothing going on between Kyuhyun and Eun Mi, calm down.” Kim Jong-Kook was next, elegantly questioning all of Super Junior.

“Which music groups, other than yourselves, or solo artist, do you band members listen to?” Leeteuk immediately answered this question, telling everybody his obvious favorites.

“SNSD, of course.” Siwon added to this, saying,

“Kara, can’t forget about those girls.”

“f(x) is amazing, I love them!” Ryeowook mentioned, and Kangin nodded his head to agree with him. My favorite, I brought up, a guy band compared to all the girls that they had given.

“SHINee, aah, those guys are awesome! My favorite is Key; he’s a gifted singer, and super funny.”

“Kim Ah Joong is the best out of everybody; Beautiful Girl is her best song.” Everybody looked around to see who said that, the mystery person being none other than Kibum. Park Si-Yeon looked fazed, appalled that the most sophisticated person sitting in this room, other than herself, was a dedicated admirer of Kim Ah Joong.

Ultimately, Park Si-Yeon was doubtlessly comforted that it was now her turn to ask questions. She gave in to a small cough, covering it up with her arm and then shuffling around so she could face us more directly.

“I’ve been dying to hear, who is the divulger of Super Junior?” I looked around to see if anyone answered the question, but frankly, as everyone looked at her blankly, they had no understanding of what she had just said. Park Si-Yeon shook her head, frustrated with their knowledge of big words. “Meaning, who exposes Super Junior the most, let’s them be known around Asia and the rest of the world?” I think she wanted someone more refined to answer, since she looked at Sungmin. He humbly accepted, saying,

“Actually, we all have done our fair share. Starting off with Leeteuk, being our leader, he appears on many shows and contributes a lot with his own radio show, hosted along with Eunhyuk. Heechul is known for his acting on various shows, as is Kibum. Hankyung acts, dances, an amazing singer, he’s an all around type of person. Um, Yesung, even though he isn’t a solo singer, he has many different parts and is notorious for holding out long notes during concerts. Kangin MC’s a lot of shows, acts plenty, and has a radio show too. I’m like Leeteuk, both of us participate in events together, and I have a radio show too. Eunhyuk, again, has a radio show with Leeteuk, and goes on a lot of dance battles with other Super Junior members.

“Donghae partakes in dance battles, sings remarkably, and like Hankyung, is multitalented. Siwon not only acts, but also is our main sponsor for the clothing line we have produced. He will sometimes go on dance battles too. Ryeowook is an eminent singer, joining in a lot of special concerts with only a few of the Super Junior members. Kibum, again, acts plenty a handful and has been on his own show with Heechul. Kyuhyun will act, but only time to time, if members are not able to play a part in concerts, Kyuhyun will dance main. Eunhyuk was sick once, and Kyuhyun did all of his solos, yet he doesn’t take part in dance battles. He’s pretty good, I think he should, but he doesn’t. Out of all the Super Junior guys, Kyuhyun is the only one that sings solo. If he has a single interview, like some of us do, he will sing by himself, even having is own songs. During concerts, he will sometimes sing by himself a full song. Then there’s Eun Mi, and a lot of her being in this band makes us well known world wide. Because she the only girl, Eun Mi contributes in a lot of stuff. She sings solo, dances a handful, acts, participates in variety shows, and models our fashion line.” His long answer had us all staring at him, wondering how he knew so much. Then again, he was always involved deeply.

“Oh, wow, thank you for that defined answer, Sungmin. Boom, you’re turn.” Park Si-Yeon appeared satisfied with the answer she had received. Boom stood up, and I shifted in my seat, preparing for a physical activity. I guess I was right, because he mentioned,

“Everybody, we’re going to change modes up, and I will need some volunteers.” Immediately, Leeteuk raised his hand, and Boom agreed for him to come up. He also made Heechul and Kyuhyun come up, the two both pretty aggravated. Both my arms went up, unknowingly, and I saw Kibum and Donghae silently laughing with each other as Boom eagerly called me to join him.

“Wait, but I don’t want to go. You don’t need me, right?” He chuckled, still waving me over, and I had no choice but to stand up and stride over there towards him. I glanced behind me, watching Kibum and Donghae high-five each other, and some others stifling giggles. Boom motioned for me to stand next to Leeteuk, and Heechul and Kyuhyun.

“So, we all need some motivation to get the show pumped up, because, let’s face it, secrets are everybody’s curiosity. That’s why we’re starting off with these four. The hyung and maknae will be against each other and the second hyung and boy’s maknae. Everybody get it?” The others looked pleased, until Boom announced, “Don’t worry, everybody’s going to have a chance to do it. After we’re all done, one of everybody’s secrets will be out in the open.” Nobody looked too irate, just pumped to get started and say something about everybody. “Leeteuk, you can start first. To Eun Mi, what would you like to let out?”

“God, there’s so much, where do I start? Just kidding, not really. She tells us everything, though; I don’t know what I want to say.” He thought for a while, and I leaned to the side, not really interested in what he was going to say. True, I did tell them everything, but it’s not like I cared if they said it aloud. I’d just hurt them when I got home, right? Finally, he said, “Okay, this is small, but it’s something. I don’t know if any of the others know it, but she does some weird stuff when she sleeps. There was this one time; I came in to her room when she was sleeping. I was going to ask her something, but I think she was pretty tired because she had been working the whole day outside.

“Anyway, I guess it was rude of me, but I shook her so she would wake up and I could ask my question. Eun Mi raised her arms and started waving her arms everywhere. She hit me, and I backed up a little, and then her hands balled up in to fists and she was punching the air. I was laughing silently, the sight was just hilarious.” Leeteuk started imitating it, and even I started laughing at what he was doing. “So, this goes on for a while, and I’m just staring at her. Then she drops her hands and falls back asleep. I decide to approach her again, real quietly, and again start shaking her. This time, she folds her arms across her chest, like this,” and he kept mimicking all the moves I had apparently done. “and introduces herself. ‘Hello, I’m Super Junior’s maknae, Eun Mi.’ Wanting to see what she would do, I cheered, and she waved her hands in front of her and pretended to yell in to a microphone, screaming ‘Thank you, thank you very much!’ God, I was on the floor laughing the whole night; I wonder if she does that every night.” He slapped his hands and I looked around to see everyone laughing. Boom finally moved on, telling Heechul to say something about Kyuhyun.

“The kid never embarrasses himself; I don’t know what to say. I mean, he’s like an idol to most kids. What do I say that’s funny?” Kyuhyun smiled, apparently satisfied with himself with making Heechul think. “Oh, I got it! Something that Kyuhyun does when he’s laughing, he’ll hold the bridge of his nose. I don’t know if that’s the best thing to do, because sometimes he’ll pinch it too hard and won’t inhale any air, and then he’ll start choking.” I think our guy’s liked to make fun of others, because Heechul started impersonating Kyuhyun almost dying. Kyuhyun still had the stern impression left on his face, but I could sense the corners of his mouth turning up slightly.

            “Really, Kyuhyun, you do that?” Boom asked, and Kyuhyun nodded. “I never would have imagined. Anyway, who wants to go next, Eun Mi or Kyuhyun?” I raised my hand, on my own, and Leeteuk watched me, most likely wondering what I was going to say about him.

            “Leeteuk, our leader, has many secrets of his own. I know of some things he tends to do while frustrated, one of them being a little girlish. When he can’t come up with something to write, or he forgets something, or maybe he can’t get down a dance move or certain lyrics, he’ll write down his name. I think he’s a little self-obsessed, because that’s all he does. Give him a paper and a pen, and he’ll write his name all girly and flowers and hearts decorating it.” I glanced towards him, and he was blushing. Siwon was slapping his knee, probably never knowing this. “Another thing he does is when frustrated; he’ll forget about everything and go in to his massive closet. I mean, I guess it’s good to ignore the world and not strain yourself, but instead of relaxing, he’ll try on all of his clothes, make up some fancy, kind of creepy hairstyles, do up his face, then choose the best of out every three and go out to dinner with himself.”

Ryeowook suddenly spoke up, adding on to what I had just said. “I know about that, I was at the same restaurant once when he was doing that. He was by himself, but he was still talking. I moved a little closer to see who he was conversing with, and I saw him shifting his hair while looking at his fork, admiring himself and talking about how beautiful he was and how amazing of a singer he was and how he could rap and dance at the same time, and just all these positive sayings to make him feel better.” I stared in awe at Leeteuk, not believing he actually did these things, and even Boom asked if they were true.

“I only do it when I’m really irritated and can’t get whatever I’m supposed to get down. So, yeah, I do it, but only to cheer myself up. We all have to do it once?” Some nodded, but Heechul blurted out,

“Yeah, but not to the extremes!” I laughed along with him, and Leeteuk again looked embarrassed. Kyuhyun went next, and said something a little disturbing.

“So, Heechul and I don’t room together, but when we first got our dorms, it was me, him, Hankyung, and Donghae. Now we’ve split, Hankyung and Heechul still together, Donghae and me still together. But, anyway, it was in the morning and we were getting ready to go to the studio. Heechul had just gotten out of the shower, and I went in so I could take one. You know the steam that’s left on the mirror when you get out of a really hot shower? I’m not sure he did it to cheer himself up, but only because Heechul is naturally conceited. In the steam, Heechul had written words like ‘beautiful’ and ‘pretty boy’ and ‘hottest member of Super Junior? Kim Heechul’ and ‘the best rapper/dancer/singer’.” All at once, Eunhyuk, Kibum, Siwon, and Yesung looked at Heechul, knowing he wasn’t any one of those things. Heechul didn’t look too ashamed, only modeling off poses and looking like a pretty boy. Leeteuk went with everybody else, so did Heechul, and it went on like that.

Ryeowook had been paying attention to us, because for everyone he had something mean or very secretive to share that we had no idea he’d known. When Donghae had went, he started sharing something about himself, ultimately forgetting that it was others we were talking about, and before he could continue, Kibum had jumped up and shut his mouth so he wouldn’t say anything too personal. Something Boom was interested to hear was when Hankyung was up with Kyuhyun.

“I’m not sure this is a secret, more of an opinion, but I think Kyuhyun is jealous.”

“Jealous of whom?”

“Um, it’s kind of embarrassing, but I’m pretty sure that Kyuhyun is most likely jealous of Eun Mi.” Boom laughed, asking,

“Why would Kyuhyun be jealous of Eun Mi?” Thank God he doesn’t believe we like each other… I thought, until Hankyung said,

“I mean, he seems so annoyed that she’s going out with guys more often. And this one that she’s going out with Monday, he’s a really nice guy, perfect for Eun Mi. He acts so chill sometimes, but other times, he’s so bother that she’s dressing up for someone she hardly knows.” Before he could continue, I said from my seat,

“Wait, Hankyung, you shouldn’t be saying anything. You’re the one who didn’t want me to go out with the first guy in the first place.”

“Yeah, but that’s because I knew from the start that he was not someone you’d like!”

“Why didn’t you let me figure out by myself? I mean, I’ve gone out with a handful of guys who wouldn’t treat any girl right, I’m pretty sure some of them I met because of you. You didn’t say anything about them, did you? No, you did not.”

“Maybe that’s because, because-”

“Because?” Now it was a heated argument, everybody watching intently at what he was about to say next.

“Because I know that you and Kyuhyun should go together!” He yelled this, even though we were standing in the same room. Park Si-Yeon and Kim Jong-Kook didn’t seem too interested in anything; it was only Boom who looked stunned.

“Hankyung, do you really believe that?”

“Yeah, I do!” He didn’t look mad; he just looked like someone who was trying to make a point. I knew that he believed this, but I had asked anyway, and it had gotten me absolutely now where. Kyuhyun, finally, spoke up to us.

“Hankyung, you can’t say that, got it? Believe me… there’s nothing going on and there never will be. Besides, what if Eun Mi started going out with anybody in the band and they broke up? Imagine what that’d be for the band, okay? So, again, there’s no need for you to say that, because it’s not ever going to happen.” All that Kyuhyun had shut Hankyung up, who acted like it never happened the rest of the show.

When we finally reached home late night, I was exhausted of all the things we’d done. It was embarrassing, revealing, and just too much to process at once. I changed in to my clothes, skipping out on milk for the night and immediately falling on my bed. My plan was to forget everything that Hankyung had said up to what Kyuhyun had shot back at him. It worked pretty well, because nobody brought it up the next day. 

 

Author's Note: Ok guys, because i didn't update and i said i would, this chapter is hella long. enjoy!