His Change

The Deaf and The Mute

"Well, how was it?", Mrs. Kim said after the school was over. Haneul made a motion "OK" of her finger in both hands as she smiled. Mrs. Kim gave her a smile.

********************

"Sungyeol-ah, how was it?", her mom asked him slowly since Sungyeol needs to read the movement of .

"It was......good", he said hesitantly.

"Show me something", her mom asked again.

"Should i?", he replied lazily.

"I want to learn it too. Sooner is better", her mom said but she forgot to said it in a slow motion. When she realized it, she put her palms on .

"Don't mind", Sungyeol said, "I want to go to my room", he continued as he moved his hands, "Well, you already saw it, right? So, bye", then he went into his room and left her mother in the dining room.

Sungyeol was in his bedroom, lying on the bed. He was thinking that he was like an idiot to stepped into that school after he knew the fact that he was the oldest there. He swore he never ever step into that school forever. But then, as he closed his eyes,  he remembered her pretty pure face teacher. The way she taught him. The way she heard him even if it was mean words. The way she was helping him to move his hands. The feel of her skin touched him. And the way she made Sungyeol told her his story. He smiled when he remembered it. Then, he sat on the bed and folded his legs. He was trying to remembered his lesson on that day.

"Me", he said as he moved his hand to pointing at him, "You", he moved again to the other side, "I need to know how 'like' word's movement", he smiled. Maybe it was too fast, but he couldn't deny that he was skip a beat for her.

****************************************

The next day, Sungyeol stepped with his own will into the school. Her mom was surprised but also happy. He was very excited to take a class and to meet his teacher. Haneul also happy to saw him change. Their second day was going very smooth. And that day wasn't just about Sungyeol, but Haneul also told her story.

********************

Well, she was mute since she was born. She was tortured and being bullied in her elementary school. That's why she ended up in that school and after graduated, she became a teacher there. Since she was so good at the sign language, and also very kind, the principle trusted her to teach a special class. A class with the student like me, who went into that school just for learn the sign language with their frustrating heart, he wrote on his book. Well, since yesterday, he decided to wrote everything about her.