The Beginning

The Heart Never Lies

 

There is an art academic in Seoul, named Seoul Art Academic, or SAA. People said whoever that graduate from there will get an amazing job according to their major. But became one of SAA student is also hard. They have to passed many test, written test, an interview, and also each student has to made a project according to the major that they want to study in SAA. Not only became one of the student is hard, survive in there is also hard. Not few students that suddenly gave up or maybe got drop out because they can’t followed the lesson in there.

There are 5 majors in this academic, music, art, movie and photography, dance, and theater. As for music it’s divided into two department, vocal, and music itself. The music is more for people who is great in instrument or arranging music. School is not just about learning, is it? There is also the social life in there. In every social life, there’ll always some famous people, the one that showed up among others. And in SAA there are these famous students for each major, all of them are famous by their ability to become the best in their major. There are 6 of them, and they are known as The Great Six.

But, don’t expect The Great Six will have not only an amazing talent, but also an amazing friendship between them. No, they are not in friendship at all. They are barely known each other. Some of them sometimes talked, but they won’t talked anything matters.

Cho Kyuhyun is one of The Great Six, he is the youngest among the other five. At first, there are only five of them. Only one great student from music major, but since he became one of SAA student and with his amazing sweet and deep voice that mesmerized everyone, The Great Five changed to The Great Six. He is the greatest one from Music Vocal Department. But, not like the other five, Cho Kyuhyun is also known as cold heart. Kyuhyun barely smile to everyone, barely talk, barely had a friend, barely stay at the school to hang out, and he like to spend his time more in the dorm rather than in school. But with his cold heart, his mysterious side, he is still famous among the girls. The more mysterious Kyuhyun, the more girls like it.

In the other hand, Choi Siwon, also one of The Great Six, the greatest student from Theater Major. Siwon’s act is already famous in not only SAA, but also in Korea. In his holiday, he sometimes signed a short contract for some short drama. And even its short, it’s still loved by so many people. He is not only famous because his great acting, but also by his friendly personality, the way he had so much charisma in himself, and how amazing his dimple is when he smiles. Not like Kyuhyun, Siwon do love smile. And with his smile, handsome face, sculpture body, and friendly personality, Siwon is also famous in the girls and boys. Siwon had a lot of friends, but he is only had one best friend that already know him in and out since they were babies.

Siwon’s best friend, Hyukjae, is also one of The Great Six. His friendship with Siwon is the only friendship that happened between six of them. Hyukjae is the greatest student from Dance Major. His dancing is amazing. There is no other word can explain his dance except amazing. Hyukjae, also known as Eunhyuk, already broke lots of girl’s heart by only his dance. Eunhyuk can dance from y to sweet, and all of them successfully amazed everyone that sees him. Eunhyuk is a playboy, he never really into a relationship, but he does flirts many many girls in SAA. But not like people complain about his ‘playboy’ act, the society is still love it. Eunhyuk is also so charming, he can make people laugh easily. Eunhyuk and Siwon had known each other since baby. Their parents are best friends, and sometimes partner in business.

The other one that also one of The Great Six from Music Department is Park Jungsoo, or more famous by Leeteuk. He is known as his ability to play almost all instruments. He can play instrument from classic to rock, and people would love it. Leeteuk is not only can play instrument, he also can make a song, and also music sheet. He once became a conductor in SAA’s biggest music event. And it’s a record, because actually SAA never accept a student’s music sheet to perform in this event, they usually accept a music sheet from the alumnus. Leeteuk is also known his maturity, and the way he is leading. And what makes he more famous is because since he is so mature and the way he is leading is so great, he is not that kind of serious person, Leeteuk is funny, humble, and easy going. He had a lot of friends because he is that typical person that you can comfort to talk to.

On the Art Major, there is Sungmin. His major is art, and his life is almost all about art. His painting is already famous even before he graduate from SAA. And not only painting, Sungmin born as a creative man. He had a non-stop idea that can come to paint, a sculpture, or sometimes a design of furniture, home, fashion, or everything. Overall, he can make everything looks good. It doesn’t matter its expensive or not, whatever Sungmin wears, or makes will always be good. And it’s also come to his personality. Sungmin is a sweet guy, he is famous with the girls because he is so sweet. Sometimes Sungmin can act cute, but in the other times he can really become so manly if he needs to. With this personality, Sungmin is famous not only by the girl, but also with the boy. He surely had many friends.

Last but not least, from Photography Major, there is Donghae. Famous by sometimes his childish and foolish act, but when it came to photo or movie, Donghae can be 100% serious. All the fool and cute act that he usually do gone when he touch the camera. Donghae is also already famous because he already became an assistant director for a famous action movie in Korea, even before he graduate. Donghae is sure sometimes become so fool, but actually he is a sweet guy. He cares much to his friend, even to stranger. People love him also because he had such a kind heart that already rare in the year like this.

 

It was lunch time. These six men are in their usually activity today. Siwon and Hyuk are sitting in the same table also by their friends. And so do Teuk, Sungmin, and Donghae. Kyuhyun in the other hand is just arrived at the canteen. With his non-expression face, he is about to take his lunch, when there’s suddenly a sounds of announcement in the speakers. The other students go a little bit silent.

“Attention. To; Choi Siwon, Lee Hyukjae, Cho Kyuhyun, Park Jungsoo, Lee Sungmin, and Lee Donghae, please go to the headmaster’s office immediately. Repeated, to; Choi Siwon, Lee Hyukjae, Cho Kyuhyun, Park Jungsoo, Lee Sungmin, and Lee Donghae, please go to the headmaster’s office immediately. Thank you.”

And by that announcement, for the first time, six of them look each other one by one in the eye. Try to find an answer in each other eyes, but they didn’t find anything. Not only they changed looks for very first time, but that announcement also makes a whispered of curiosity in other students.

With all eyes that seem so curious with them, they leave the canteen and headed to the headmaster’s office. They walk by their self to he headmaster’s office, except Siwon and Hyukjae. Leeteuk arrived first, and in a second the other rest already in his behind. He knocked the headmaster’s office.

“Come in.”

Leeteuk opened the door, get in and followed by the others. Six of them then standing side by side in front of the headmaster’s office desk. The headmaster finished something in his computer before looked at them.

“Sit down,” said the headmaster. But there are only two chairs in front of them. So they looked each other again. They wait each other to move, Donghae in the end shrug his shoulder and then sit. Siwon who stands next to Kyuhyun, look at him, and motioned him to sit. Kyu frowned his eyebrows, and when he looks in the others, they also wait him to sit. Kyu rolled his eyes, and sits.

The headmaster who only can pay attention since then frowned his eyebrows, confused. He shook his head, and began to talk.

“I call six of you here because there’s something matters.”

Six of them wait.

The headmaster pulled out a bunch of paper to the table. Donghae and Kyu move forward their body to look at it.

“There’s a competition,” the headmaster pointed the papers, “It’s between all art academic in the world.”

Their eyes move from the papers to the headmaster, also the headmaster moves his eyes from the paper to them.

“I know you all the best in your major, so I asked all six of you to make a project, that can involve all of your piece of works,” the headmaster continues. “Your voice,” he looked at Kyu, “your movie,” he looked at Donghae, “your acting,” to Siwon, “your dance,” to Hyukjae, “your art,” to Sungmin, and finally to Leeteuk, “and your arrangement.”

They stay silent, “I actually recommended a music video, not a long movie. Since you only had one actor,” he looked at Siwon again, “and a singer,” and to Kyu.

“But, if you want to make anything it’s all up to six of you. The most importan is  you involve the entire 6 major in the project. They gave 3 months for this project, so you better work as soon as possible. SAA name is depends on all six of you.”

 

They go out from the headmaster’s office in silent. They don’t know what to do. This is not the first time they collaborate with someone, but they are never collaborating with different major like this. And to make a project like this they have to had, at least, a close relationship. Because project likes this need chemistry. It’s not a work of one, but it made by all six of them. And that’s the hard part, they know it’s the hard part. Because they are barely know each other, except Siwon and Hyukjae, but both of them also need to know the rest.

They look to each other eyes again.

“So.... When you guys want to talk about this again?” Finally Leeteuk, as expected, broke the silent.

They exchanged look again, Sungmin shrug his shoulder, “the headmaster said sooner is better, right? This evening? After class?”

“Yeah, I’m free this evening. My class end in 5,” said Siwon.

“Me too.” Donghae followed

“I’m in 4,” said Eunhyuk.

“I’m in 4 too,” said Leeteuk.

“I’m in 5,” said Sungmin.

And they are eyes now in Kyuhyun, the youngest, they wait him to talk.

Kyu answer it with a flat expression, “I’m in 5.”

“Well then, five thirty in library?” asked Leeteuk.

All of them agree, and they are back to the canteen by their own self again. Siwon who walk with Hyukjae in the back unwittingly pay attention to the boy who walk in front of him, Kyuhyun. Siwon never really pay attention to him actually, this is might be his first time notice the boy. Even from the back Kyu looks beautiful and Siwon just realize that boy really had a white milky skin that really looks beautiful.

 

It was 18:00; all of them are already in the library, except Kyuhyun. Hyukjae tapped the desk impatiently.

“Is there any one had his phone number?” asked Leeteuk.

All of them just look each other while shook their heads.

Leeteuk sighed, and by that Kyu came, rushing to their table. He sits while try to catch his breath from running.

“Sorry, it’s my professor; he suddenly called me to his office...” Kyu who still try to catch his breath looks guilty to the others.

“That’s okay,” said Leeteuk, he know Kyu won’t late on purpose, “so, what’s project we want to make?”

Leeteuk asked, and Sungmin start to give his advice.

Siwon on the other hand looked at Kyu who sits next to him, “are you okay?”

Kyu look at him a little shocked by the sudden question, “yeah.” Kyu answers it lightly, and try to focus to the discussion between Leeteuk and Sungmin. But in the corner of his eyes, he can see Siwon still look at him in some seconds before he also turns his head to Leeteuk and Sungmin.

Siwon who is actually can see that Kyu’s eyes are kind of red and a little bit swollen decided to leave it because he knows it’s not his business. But even if he tries, he can’t focus. Is he just crying? Why would he cry?