| Getting Fit

A Fortune-Teller's Misdeeds

Yesung walked home from work, yet the moment he arrives, he sees Kyuhyun on the floor, his face grimacing as he tried his best to raise his upper body.

A little image popped into his head and Yesung promptly walked behind Kyuhyun and sat down on the wooden floors. He waited expectantly as he held out his hands.

Not a moment later, Kyuhyun groaned as he nearly snapped backwards, his head thankfully cushioned by Yesung’s lap.

Kyuhyun widened his eyes, “Oh, you’re home?”

“What exactly are you doing?”

“Sit-ups, I’m finally working out.” Kyuhyun boasted, “I even bought weights, impressed aren’t you?”

Yesung’s expression didn’t change, and he looked slightly concerned as he side-eyed the weights.

“Why the sudden interest in being fit?”

“Well I read a magazine during work, and it said, in order to keep a man, one must be spontaneous, fit and well put together. And if you can cook, he’s guaranteed to be yours.”

Kyuhyun looked up and realized Yesung’s puzzled look, “Yes?”

“...I’m just surprised you’re working so hard to keep me.” Admittedly, he was a little touched.

Kyuhyun blinked, “You’re already with me, why should I work for it?”

Yesung’s eyes lowered, the sweet feeling disappeared instantly. “Of course…”

“Besides, how would that work, I can’t exactly be spontaneous considering your little gift,” Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes as he shifted himself, his head slightly against Yesung’s torso. “And I can cook, you just don’t appreciate my food.”

“That’s because you can’t cook.”

“Your opinion.” Kyuhyun insisted, “but I decided I should at least work out, for the sake of my health. I’m already stronger, I might even buy new weights for tomorrow.”

Yesung arched an eyebrow as Kyuhyun reached for his bottle of cold water and pressed it against his cheek. Kyuhyun looked up and recognized as Yesung held a far off look in his eye.

He was seeing the future. And right after, there was a slight grimace to Yesung’s expression.

Whatever it was, it wasn't good.

“What?”

“I think it’s safer to stay where you are. I hear the lighter the better.”

Kyuhyun glared. “That won’t do anything, I won’t even feel it.”

“I think your face will appreciate anything less than five pounds.” Yesung smiled, earning a glower.

Kyuhyun’s pride was at stake, “The future can change, I’ll even prove it to you,” he uttered as he tried to sit up.

Yesung, however, held him down as Kyuhyun tried to get up. Each time he tried, his arms fussed about but to little avail.

Worst, Yesung didn’t look like he was putting any effort to it at all.

Kyuhyun slumped, “How are you so strong? You’re a fortune-teller!” It didn't help that Yesung remained in his colorful costume, leaving Kyuhyun's pride scattered in pieces.

Yesung tilted his head, “You don’t seem to mind it,” he reminded knowingly.

“...”

Kyuhyun merely gave up, sitting between his arms as Yesung let him quietly fume before attempting to workout again.

After ten minutes or so pass, however, Kyuhyun doesn’t appear to move, looking rather comfortable where he laid.

Yesung didn’t mind either, but grew amused. “Shouldn’t you return to working out?”

“You have to rest in between sets.” Kyuhyun reminded.

Yesung had a look of disbelief, then rephrased his earlier question, “How many sit-ups did you actually do so far?”

“...two.” Kyuhyun mumbled.

Yesung didn’t say anything at first, simply nodding. Kyuhyun’s eyes narrowed and tried to defend himself, “I know it’s not something you’d expect from me–”

“You act as if I had expectations to begin with.”

“...”

Yesung had to remind himself to keep his mouth in check every now and then.

He was getting a little too familiar with that couch.