| Government conspiracies.

A Fortune-Teller's Misdeeds

The pair sat across from Kibum inside the restaurant, eating as Kyuhyun stuffed his face and Yesung asked for a drink.

As the waitress passed his vision, Kibum started briefly watching the entertainment show on the hung television and grimaced. “It’s that guy again.”

Kyuhyun looked back, “Who is he?”

“Some psychic they bring on the show, he predicts all the celebrities’ futures this year. I mean, I know it’s for entertainment and all, but it’s so predictable.” Kibum smiled, “Sorry Yesung.”

“No offense taken.”

Kyuhyun chewed his food and looked swiftly between both Kibum and Yesung repeatedly, and quickly swallowed his food as Yesung reached for his drink.

Kyuhyun upfrontly declares, “I think it’s a load of bull.”

Yesung choked on his drink.

Kibum nodded, “I mean, it’s so easy for anyone to do you know–”

“It only takes half a brain.”

Kibum snapped his fingers, “Exactly, and it’s like they just guess and...how do you say it?”

“They just have to listen for what others want to hear.” Kyuhyun rightly supplied. “It doesn’t take much sense to do that.”

Kibum laughed, nodding along with his friend as he glanced over at Yesung and apologized again. “I’m sure you hear this a lot from him though.”

Yesung dabbed the napkin on his lips and wiped his jacket, displaying a strained smile, “Not as often as you think.”

Kibum smiled when he looked over them, “Ah, I see my cousin, I’ll be right back!”

Kyuhyun reached for the next bit of food when he felt a pinch to his thigh. “Ow!”

Yesung sharply side-eyed him, “What do you think you’re doing?”

Kyuhyun looked around and then leaned in to whisper, “I had to agree, it would have been suspicious if I didn’t say anything. The atmosphere was a little tense.”

“There was nothing wrong with the atmosphere, you were being paranoid again.”

“I was not!” Kyuhyun vehemently denied. “I was just helping the conversation along. What if I agreed? What if because of that, he started to wonder and what if! What if he started putting two and two together?”

“Then he gets four.” Yesung said dryly as Kyuhyun leered. Yesung crossed his arms, “I think he got your point.”

“Do you know what they could do if they find out about you?”

Yesung sighed, “You’ve been watching that show again, haven’t you?”

He looked as Kyuhyun guiltily ate as Yesung rubbed his forehead. The other wasn’t usually like this, but a recent series Kyuhyun was watching had put too many thoughts into his head, that of scientific experiments and evil government corporations. “I think you need to stop watching that.”

Kyuhyun pretended not to hear him as Yesung crossed his arms, a tense silence resumed between them.

“...I just said whatever came to mind.” Kyuhyun mumbled.

“It sounded a little too thought out to me.”

“Well… it was what I thought, before we met and all.” Kyuhyun stammered.

Yesung gave a long exhale as he reached for his drink. Something came across his peripheral vision, and he saw the piece of steak stabbed into the cleaned fork held out for him. He met Kyuhyun’s eyes and saw his wide smile.

Kyuhyun was trying to play nice now. And unfortunately for Yesung, it worked half– even possibly most of the time. Yesung accepted the offering and chewed the cooked meat as Kyuhyun set down the fork.

“Besides… couldn’t you have stopped it if you knew what I was going to say?”

“I don’t look into the future to see every little conversation topic we’re going to have, but if you keep this up, I just might.”

Yesung felt a kiss to his cheek and glanced over as Kyuhyun handed over his plate of custard buns as a peace offering. Yesung accepted one.

Kibum then returned, “Alright,” he rubbed his hands together as he dug in, “Where were we?”

Kyuhyun parted his lips when Yesung stuffed the bun into his mouth.

It was going to be a long day.

-

A/N: I will finish this story! I will! I'm sorry for my long delays in between >