Guilt, Longing and Confusion

No Escape in Love

 

DARA’s POV

 

 

The sound back in the rooftop made me want to come back and see what happened but another part of me wanted to leave or else I might not have the strength to even step away from him, from this country.

 

I got my phone and called Top, told him to go to the rooftop and check Jiyong’s condition immediately and told him to call me back later to give me info of what happened. I was terribly worried thinking of things he did to himself at the rooftop as I left. Shaking, I gripped my phone back to my pocket.

 

The ding of the elevator I was in made me flinch. I looked up and went out. I just hope, Top was already there.

 

But after a couple of minutes of me pacing back and forth of the lobby, my guilt of leaving tortured me and made me go back to the rooftop.

 

What I witnessed was a broken fountain and a slumped Kwon Jiyong on the grass near it. Water sprinkling wildly everywhere. Top was at his side, trying to convince the man to stand up and explain what the hell happened.

 

I sighed in relief that he wasn’t hurt or anything. While I was at the elevator going up here, I had imagined the worst that happened and it was a good thing that it really didn’t happen.

 

But before they could notice me, I left the scene. I had to stand on my ground and leave just as what I had said. I couldn’t handle seeing him all broken. I can’t handle the thought of him dead because of me. I was just not that strong and I guess I never will be.

 

I made my way out of the building. Just the mere picture of him around the insides of it makes me feel suffocated with guilt. I know I wasn’t allowed to go out but I had to, I need to.

 

The cold breeze of the night brought shivers down my spine. I clutched my jacket tightly around me, thinking it will help but didn’t really.

 

Suddenly, my phone came off as I walked to the silent streets. I knew it was Top so I didn’t glance at the LCD and just pressed answer.

 

“He’s fine. Just a bit pissed off of something that happened and he doesn’t wanna explain what. So tell me, what exactly happened, Dara?” He immediately said without the normal phone greeting.

 

“I’m leaving and he disagrees with my decision.” I felt like crying and I just hope it wasn’t too visible in my voice. I gripped the phone away from me before I cleared my throat and wiped the forming tears on my eyes.

 

“Why would you leave?” I heard him as I placed my phone back to my ear. I could clearly imagine his deep frown expression from his tone.

 

I didn’t wanna explain more so I had to dismiss the call immediately as I can. “I can’t explain further, I’m sorry. I’ll have to cancel our dinner.”

 

“Wait! Where are you?” He hurriedly said thinking I was hanging up on him.

 

“I’m sorry, Tabi, I can’t tell where but I’m safe. Tell that to Chaerin and Dong-Wook.” I said honestly, not wanting for any people to worry about me. “I’ll be back later, bye.”

 

I ended the call before he could respond. It was better that way before he could talk me out and make me come back to the building.

 

I just needed some time to relax, breath and then I’ll come back.

 

Turning my attention back to the phone, I removed the battery and placed it and my phone back to my bag. For all I know, my friends would call me until I answer. So not hearing my phone ring won’t bother me or make me feel guilty of leaving without consent.

 

I decided to just hang out at a nearby coffee shop. Ordered some latte and sat down on a wooden seat and observed the people doing the same thing as me.

 

Some people were with company, talking about business, friendship, family, relationship, shopping, entertainment business (especially idols), school and work. Some were just there to use the free wifi as they barely drink their drinks and focused their attention on their gadgets.

 

I sipped on my coffee; it was creamy but a bit sour. I wondered then if I should have just went to some bar and not here on drinking something that would keep me awake and think of things that I should cast aside. From there, I would have drunk some strong drink just to forget what happened. But then I don’t wanna be drunk alone, without company. That’s so lonely.

 

I grabbed my bag and placed on the table. I zipped it open and started finding my little book. It’s where my contacts abroad were.  After finding it, I got it out, as well as my phone and battery to the table.

 

I wanted to call my parents or just even hear news about them.

 

I flipped through the pages of the book and stopped as I saw my personal nanny’s number. I put my battery back to the phone and then turned it on. As it was ready to be used, I started poking numbers into my phone keypad.

 

Just as I typed the complete phone number, nervousness and coldness wrapped through my body. What would I say? What would she say?

 

I decided not to call my parents. I wasn’t ready yet to call them so I decided to call someone close to me. Someone who was always there, Ms. Anderson, my personal nanny.

 

I drank on my coffee, hoping it would warm me up and keep me calm. I pressed call and so the ringing began. I waited for a while, shaking.

 

Suddenly the ringing went down and I heard a voice asked, “Hello?”

 

I stifle a sob. It was months since I’ve heard her. She was like my second mother, cares and looks out for me when my parents are working somewhere around the globe which was almost everyday.  

 

I mustered some courage before I replied. I don’t want her to hang up on me and think I’m some prankster.

 

 “Oldie Ands.” My voice tremble a bit as I jokingly called her by her pet name. It was ‘Old Anderson’ but I made the old longer and the Anderson shorter.

 

I heard her breath gasped in surprise before trembling to answer. “Milady? Sandara?”  

 

I slowly spoke, “Yes.”

 

“Oh dear lords! Where are you?! Are you safe?! You little brat! It’s been months! Speak, young lady!” She said in one blow. She was breathing a bit hard after that.

 

I giggled, completely happy to hear her talking like that again. “Lower your voice, Oldie. And how would I speak if you talk like a machine gun at me, never stopping? Calm down, okay?”

 

I heard her slowly steadying her breathing.

 

“Good. I’m safe and I don’t have to tell you where I am ‘coz I’m coming home soon.  But how’s Mom and Dad?”

 

“Stressed. They’re trying to find you for the last months you’ve been away and still working really hard. How are you? Are you taking good care of yourself, my dear? And why did you just call me now?”

 

“I called because I’m feeling home sick and yeah, I’m taking good care of myself. Are you alone in there? With all your shouting a while ago, somebody might’ve heard you and I don’t want anyone to know I called.”

 

“I’m alone in my room. But you can’t blame me with my shouting, who wouldn’t act the same as I did after not hearing your voice for months. I almost had an attack with your simple ‘yes’.”

 

“You’re really old, Oldie Ands. But better take care of your health, okay? I don’t wanna lose my old Momma, you know.”

 

“Oh my sweetie.”

 

“You aren’t crying, are you?”

 

“I missed you, sweetheart and I bet your parents are dying to be in this conversation more than I do.”

 

“Ands, I missed you too. But I’m still not ready to talk to them. Maybe after I got home, I’ll talk with them but not now. So please don’t cry or I might just do the same and I’ll look stupid crying over the phone here in a coffee shop.”

 

“Okay, your Oldie Ands will stop now. Can you tell me how soon you’ll be home?”

 

“I’m not sure, Ands, but it could be any day this week.”

 

“Okay. Let me ask one more question.”

 

“Spit it.”

 

“Is Chaerin and DongWook with you?”

 

“Not with me right now but we’re in the same country.”

 

“Those sneaky brats! Their parents especially Chaerin’s are also worried!”

 

“Relax, we’re all fine, but I’m not sure if those two are going home with me. I’ll tell them how worried their parents are. Oops, Ands, I gotta go. Remember, don’t tell anyone we had this conversation.”

 

“Of course, Dear. Even if it itches me to tell, I won’t. Just call me again, okay?”

 

“I’ll call you before I fly home, I promise.”

 

“Be safe, milady.”

 

“I’ll try my best. Bye!”

 

I hung up the phone and clutched it on my chest. I just hope she didn’t recognize the language everyone around me is speaking. She’s not familiar with it since my family and I talk English rather than Hangul when someone is around us.  

 

I ended the call because it’s near bedtime and I don’t know where I’ll be sleeping so I better get back to the building and ask my best friends.

 

I got ready and walked my way out of the coffee shop.

 

As I was in the parking lot, I caught the sight of my car. I went to it and almost hugged it when someone yanked me away.

 

“What the hell, Sandara! You can’t go out without telling us! Have you ever wondered how worried we were?!” It was Chaerin, her face turning red in anger. If this was another situation, I would be laughing really hard.  

 

“I told Top to say it to you guys, didn’t he tell?” I innocently said, hoping it would work and not get my kicked by Chaerin’s killer heels. She could be really scary when she’s angry.

 

She held her hand into her face. “Ugh! You’re so stubborn. Dong-Wook and the others are literally searching Seoul right now all because of your little-”

 

“I was just at a nearby coffee shop, Chae, in need of coffee and fresh air.” Why haven’t they thought that I was somewhere near? Or maybe they thought I flew to LA.

 

“Well you should’ve told me and let my manager buy you your caffeine! Ugh!” She yelled and then massaged her temples, trying to relax. “Let’s go inside and I’ll call DongWook and the others to stop searching.”

 

She held my wrist and started dragging me inside. Curious as to who was DongWook with to search for me, I asked. “Who are ‘the others’?”

 

“Dong-Wook and BIGBANG except for Jiyong.” She said as we stepped inside the elevator.

 

I frowned. So Jiyong wasn’t even worried about me. Knowing my expressions, Chaerin explained. “Because Jiyong fell asleep at the recording studio after your little encounter.”

 

“I didn’t ask as to why he wasn’t worrying about me.” I said trying to sound like it wasn’t true but I knew all too well she knows I’m lying.

 

She rolled her eyes. “Oh dear, your whole face tells me exactly that.”

 

I looked away. I wanted to change the subject. “Anyway, I called home.”

 

She snapped her head at me, looking at me in disbelief. “No you didn’t.”

 

I grinned. “I did but it was only Old Ands I talked to.” My grin faded as I spoke the next words, “You know I still can’t talk to my parents and-”

 

She held her hands on my face to stop me from talking. “Okay, wait. We’ll continue this talk later. But first I have to make a call.”

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

SOMEONE’s POV

 

 

“I’m doing my best, sir.” I said to the boss I’m talking to right now.

 

“Well, you’re not doing enough. I hired others to help you search for the girl since you’re not making any progress.” He said through gritted teeth. To tell you the truth, I wasn’t even trying to search because I already found her but I won’t tell him that. It’s fun to mess up this hairy-old-man’s mind from time to time.

 

“Well what a good way to keep my pride up. You think I can’t find her?” I faked a hurt tone.

 

“Don’t test my patience. You know all too well what I can do to someone that irritates me.” He threatened. If it was some other people working for him, they stutter in fear but I was different.

 

My lips tugged in a dangerous smirk. “You know as well what I can do with my guns. You don’t want to pressure me.”    

 

I heard him cursed lowly. “Fine, whatever, f**king bastard. Report to me so you’ll get your pay.” Just like that, he hung up on me.

 

I tossed my phone to my bed. I was hired to find her. I was a former assassin but as years passed, I changed.  So here I am with a new job.

 

I had found her. I never really thought that it would be so easy to find her.

 

But what will happen if I don’t want to take this job anymore? I feared to see such beautiful face to be tortured once I take her to the boss. I wasn’t ready to see that. I’ve seen a lot of that before but seeing it to someone like her… I cringed.

 

Now what the f**k will I do? 

 

 

 



 

 

 

AN: Comments guys! It makes me happy and feel loved through my stories (: