Misunderstood pt.3

Misunderstood

You had literally spent hours in front of your closet, trying to figure out what to wear tonight. It wasn’t an easy task, finding the perfect outfit for this event was way harder than you thought it would be. Every dress was either too simple, too revealing, too boring or simply not something you could wear for a club like this. Okay, maybe it wasn’t entirely the club you were worried about, but rather the exact person that had asked you out. Or did he? You still weren’t sure what it was between you and Jiyong. One moment he seemed like genuinely pleased to see you and the next moment there was this awkward tension you couldn’t exactly understand. And then he asked you out. Or at least you thought he did, after all he did say he would be at club rococo tonight and if you wanted a break from the kids, you could go see him. It was funny how he worded it like that. Eun Min and Jin-So, the kids of the family that made you their nanny, were already long asleep before anyone would even consider showing up at a nightclub like that. Not to mention the fact that after 6pm, their real parents usually took their job back as soon as one of them came home from work. Logically, that meant you would have time this evening and you would be able to see him again. Unfortunately the fact that you weren’t sure if it was actually a date, made you even more nervous. Which led to you spending hours trying to find the right outfit and redoing your hair to make sure it was perfect.

Taking a deep breath, you got out from the taxi that pulled up in front of Club Rococo. You readjusted your dress before glancing at the huge building and the line that was waiting in front of it. Your heart was pounding strongly in your chest, making you once again more than aware of the anxiety within you. You had no idea what to expect from this evening or if you were even allowed to hope for something.  And damn did you want to hope for something! The mere thought of Jiyong made your legs feel slightly jlike elly and your head feel light. You knew it was stupid, but you simply couldn’t help it. Though no matter how much you daydreamed, there was only one way to answer all of your doubtful thoughts: enter the building and find Jiyong.

As soon as you walked in, the deep bass of the music penetrated your bones, making you feel its power inside your core. You could feel its alluring effect, how it almost pulled you to the big dancefloor that was illuminated with several bright and flashing lights. Though you had something much more important on your mind than dancing; how would you even be able to find Jiyong in this place?  It seemed rather hopeless to find anyone in this giant crowd, even more so if he would be disguised as he usually was. Then again, Big Bang’s appearance in this club wasn’t something new so with some luck he’d be recognizable. Still, it was easier to find your way to the bar and order a drink. And so you did as soon as you managed to find a way to the bar. You never drank much, but this seemed like one of the occasions in which it was perfect to give you more confidence and courage. While sipping your glass, your eyes overlooked the crowded floor filled with people moving their body to the beat. It was almost magical to see, how they seemed to perfectly move to every beat and made their bodies flow all smoothly. Though you found your eyes mostly fixated on one man in particular. He wasn’t facing you and what got you the most was how he danced. Sure, the other people were amazing too, but his movements really were entrancing. Your eyes were practically glued to him, not wanting to miss even a second of his moves and that’s when he looked at you.

You heart definitely skipped a beat. It was if you were back at the photoshoot the other day, standing close to Jiyong and drowning in his eyes even though there was now much more distance between the two of you. It was exact the same look he had in his eyes, that sweet, warm and confusing one.  A look that made you feel weak because of the sparks in it and that made a fire burn deep inside of you.  You swallowed hardly as a smile spread across his face and he made his way over to you.

~ Jiyong’s POV ~

He wasn’t sure what to do right now. He hadn’t been in his right mind when he sort of asked you out. ‘Asked you out’, did he even asked you out? He wasn’t really sure if you would interpret it that way. After all, he merely suggested you could use a break and offered a nice place to have that in his company as friend. Okay fine, maybe he was trying to soothe his own guilt when he worded it like that. He was very aware of the fact that he did suggest that ‘friendly offer’ to a married woman with two kids and probably a very busy life. Chances were that you wouldn’t even show up, which was understandable given the circumstances. Yet, he couldn’t help but hope you would be there.

Being in Rococo wasn’t the usual fun. Surely, he had good company and there was nice music to dance to. But it wasn’t the company he wanted right now. The music did offer a nice way out to distract him for the time being, though even while doing so he found himself comparing the girls around him to you. Neither of their smiles was like yours. They weren’t able to make him feel as if thousands of stars exploded into beautiful fireworks. The look in their eyes wasn’t as bright as the sun coming from yours, making him feel warm and energetic.  “Damn I’m getting corny.” He muttered to himself as he thought about all of it. The mere fact that a girl had him think things like that showed him how special you were. And how stupid and foolish he was for feeling that for a married woman. Though when he felt this strange tingling feeling while dancing, he knew what he would find when looking up.

Seeing you there, in your perfect little dress made his heart go in overdrive. He realized now he didn’t actually thought you would show up and the fact that you did made a flame of hope burn deep inside of him yet again. Maybe he hadn’t imagined the chemistry after all. “Keep cool.” He told himself as he urged himself to walk up to you. But that was after he stared at you for a little while. He couldn’t exactly blame himself for doing so, since you looked absolutely gorgeous. No, gorgeous wasn’t enough to describe your beauty in that moment. Mesmerizing, that was it. It worded his feeling almost perfectly and explained how stunned he felt after seeing you. It wasn’t a feeling he was used to, but he liked it.

~ Your POV ~

“Keep calm, act cool.” You told yourself at least three times as he walked over to you with a big smile. God, his smile was almost as perfect as his sparkling eyes. “Keep calm.” You told yourself yet again, pushing all the dazed and hopelessly romantic thoughts from your head right before he reached you. “Hey you!” he grinned, winking at you the moment he got there. “Hey Jiyong-ah! I’m glad I actually found you in this crowd!” you grinned, looking around the room that buzzed with people. “Yeah I know, I forgot that part when I asked you out.” He said with a chuckle, but then his eyes grew wide as he realized what he just said. You started to blush heavily, unable to find words before he spoke again. “I mean, I just I..ehm. omo I’m such a pabo.” He said, though he did mostly mumble the last part to himself. “What?” you asked innocently for the last part of his sentence. “I’m a pabo.” He repeated. “I know it’s not actually a date. I didn’t mean to make you feel bad.” He said all of a sudden, making you stare at him in both confusion and surprise. “So it’s not a date?”  You asked, feeling like a stupid cow for even asking it again. Did you want him to spell it out for  you or what? Wasn’t it terrible enough that you hoped it would be a date? Yet, he feared you would feel bad if it was a date? Why was he confusing you like this? Firstly he said it was, then he says it isn’t; he should make up his mind goddamnit! “Well, I can’t exactly ask a married woman out, can I?” he said with a chuckle. You could easily see he was trying to play cool, but somehow the look in his eyes revealed something else: hurt and doubt. Though you hardly took notice of it, as you were too shocked by what he said to actually see the meaning behind it. “Married? Me?” you exclaimed in shock, your eyes big and round as you stared at him. “Uhm yeah, I heard you talk to him on the phone after the shoot, telling him you loved him and then when I saw you with your two kids the puzzle sort of completed itself.” He said, shaking his hand, waving it off as if it was nothing. You could only gawk at him in shock before his words made you laugh. He couldn’t be serious about this!

Your laughs made him glare at you, wondering what could possibly be funny in this moment. You continued to giggle for a while, before you gently placed your hand on his shoulder. “Look Jiyong, firstly you heard me talk to Eun Min-ah on the phone. She’s hardly my lover, let alone my husband. Secondly, those two adorable kids, though I love them dearly, aren’t mine.” You said with a chuckle. “Mweo? But you said you took care of them! They drive you nuts!” he exclaimed, still somewhat glaring at you as if you were lying. “They do drive me nuts and I do take care of them. Though I’m just their nanny.” You answered with a wide grin. Suddenly part of you understood his actions from before. Looking at it from his point of view you could understand why he decided to act cold and distant now and then, yet also asked you out. He had probably been as confused as you were about this because of the mixed signals. “Oh.” He said, his mouth slightly hanging open as he seemed to be processing all the new information. “So you’re not married?” he suddenly asked, looking into your eyes. He looked a bit bewildered at the moment. “Aniyo.”  You answered. “Dating?” he then added. “Only you. Unless this really doesn’t count as a date?” you blurted out. Your heart went in overdrive after you realized what you just said, you wanted to slap yourself for doing it, but the smile he reacted with was enough to keep yourself from doing that. “This is definitely a date.” He answered, it seemed he found some of his confidence again as he suddenly grabbed your hand. “Let’s go enjoy it!” he exclaimed before pulling you to an empty booth.

As you followed him, your mind once again went over your past encounters with him, trying to find other misunderstandings between the two of you just in case. It seemed most of it became a lot more clear to you, as it did to him. Until… A sudden memory of earlier that day came to mind and made a wide grin spread across your face. You sat down besides Jiyong and watched him turn towards you. “So, when you said Eun Min-ah’s mom was really pretty…” you started, watching his face go red almost instantly. “Ah damn, I was hoping you forgot that.” He said with a sigh before you started to laugh again. “Oh jeez, then I told you their daddy was more handsome!” You laughed, playfully slapping him. He grinned back at you, rolling his eyes. “I couldn’t believe you said that, after I gave you a compliment.” He said, smiling wryly. “Hey, I didn’t realize it was a compliment for me!” you answered, still giggling a bit. He laughed a bit with you, looking slightly awkward yet also amused. “But, you meant it?” you asked all of a sudden. Damn, where were you getting all this confidence from? “What?” he said, looking at you with question in his eyes. “The beautiful part… as a compliment.” You said, looking away shyly. Okay there the confidence went. The look in his eyes was enough to make you feel all jittery and shy. He chuckled next to you, his hand suddenly finding yours below the table you were sitting at. That definitely made you feel jittery. “Of course. You’re gorgeous.” He smiled, softly squeezing your hand while your face almost looked like a tomato. He didn’t miss your shyness in that moment and smiled. “How about I get you another drink?” he exclaimed happily, heading off as soon as you said yes.

You never were the type to drink a lot, always wanting to keep your head as clear as possible. But tonight in the presence of Jiyong and the almost vibrant atmosphere around, that idea seemed to blur inside your mind. You were having loads of fun dancing to the music, laughing with Jiyong and some of his friends, drinking some more, dancing some more, and so on, so on. Not a moment you were bored and the night couldn’t get any better. That’s what you though until you could swear you remembered Jiyong reaching forward and pressing his soft lips against yours. Or did he?

All of a sudden you seemed more than aware of the softness of the bed you were lying on,rather than the dream going on in your head. Dream? You could’ve sworn it was real. You stirred in your bed, feeling how the sheets were noticeably more silk-like than they used to be. ‘Hmm weird.’ You thought, while still trying to figure out what exactly was going on inside your mind. Soon you realized sleeping seemed out of the question right now and you lazily opened your eyes.

You froze in shock as you didn’t recognize the closet in front of you. Or the wallpaper or the chair with your clothes on next to it or even the bed you were in! In shock you got up, throwing panicking looks through the room that wasn’t yours. “Where am I?” you whispered to yourself. You tried to remember anything, to get a clue from inside your mind as to how you got here. But nothing. Although the memories, those you thought were only a dream just a few minutes ago, now seemed to be more alive in your head. You had definitely spent last night in the club with Jiyong. Obviously the liquor had done its work and erased most of your thoughts of your night with Jiyong. ‘Your night with Jiyong’, that particular sentence got stuck in your head.

Could this be Jiyong’s bedroom?