Misunderstood pt.2

Misunderstood

~ Jiyong’s POV ~

Casually strolling through the beautiful park, Jiyong felt the warm sun upon his skin. It was a bright and sunny day; many people were outside enjoying the nice weather. He was grateful of the fact that he was wearing sunglasses that day. It felt like the brightness of the shining sun was more than overwhelming that day. Still, it seemed like everyone around here was having loads of fun despite the heat. Yet, he was standing there with the usual beanie on the head, hoping to conceal his identity. Though, something about him today made him care less about being recognized. Maybe running away from some crazy fangirls would help distract him. Or amuse him maybe. Lately it seemed there was only one thing constantly lingering in the back of his head. You.

You were there when he woke up, when he brushed his teeth or ate his breakfast. You were there when he tried to compose new songs for Big Bang or even when he was on stage. More than often he found himself looking around in hopes of seeing you between all the girls. Multiple times he had cursed you for sticking in his mind like that, but he knew very well it was his own fault. Though, usually he didn’t feel like this. Sure, he had girls on his mind before. But nothing like this. He hardly knew you. And still…

He groaned loudly as he kicked a rock away from him. It wasn’t his intention, but it flew a few meters across the field… Hitting a kid right on the head… “Oh my god.” He said, rushing forward to help the girl. She was crying loudly, attracting the attention of various people around. “Mianhae, little one! I didn’t mean to.” He said with a concerned voice, softly rubbing the girl’s head. With big eyes she looked at him, ready to burst out in tears again. Though it seemed his sweet tone had momentarily put the crying on hold. “Eun Min-Ah! What happened?!” a female voice said, sounding beyond worried. And there the little girl went crying again, obviously needing to show her mommy how much he hurt her. “My apologies, I accidentally hit her. I didn’t mean to.” He said, hoping the woman would understand. Last thing he needed was to get involved in drama. He got up to look at her as she picked up the kid, only to feel like lightning had struck him. It was you.

~ Your POV ~

The moment Eun Min’s crying had caught your attention, you had jumped up. Her little brother was happily playing in the sand box nearby, he wouldn’t go anywhere. So you rushed to the girl’s side. Without paying too much attention to the man next to her, you picked her up, hugging her closely as she buried her face into your neck. “It’s okay sweetie.” You said softly, before turning to the man who did this. You wanted to say a lot of things in that moment. How could he be so reckless in a place that was so crowded with children? But the moment you laid eyes on him, something stopped you from doing so. He seemed so familiar… But he couldn’t be. No. “___-ah.” His voice said and then you were sure. “Jiyong!” you said, momentarily forgetting your manners as you exclaimed his name. “Omo it’s really you! So nice to see you!’ you added happily as he removed his sunglasses. “Yeah, it is!” he said, sounding genuinely excited. Maybe he also thought he’d never see you again?

Well at least you had to admit it was a secret dream coming true. Ever since you left the shoot that day, your thoughts had been focused on him. Sure, you had your way of distracting yourself. But in the end he always managed to pop up your head once in a while. And it reminded you of how much of a coward you had been and how badly you had screwed it up with him. If only you would’ve had the courage that day to ask him out. He wasn’t that traditional that he would hate it if a girl asked him out, right? Of course you had no answer to that question, since you were too much of a scaredy-cat to try it.

But then here he was. Granted, the circumstances in which you saw him weren’t ideal. But the sight of his smile made you heart get lighter again. “Come and sit with us!” you smiled, gesturing for him to follow you to the soft blanket you had placed on the ground. Jin-So, Eun Min’s little brother was still playing like he was before and his sister happily sat on your lap. Her big brown eyes were focused on Jiyong as he sat down too, but she remained quiet. “So what are you doing here?” you asked with a smile. “Taking a break from work. How about you?” he asked curiously. “Well, it was Eun-Min’s time to decide what to do today. So yeah, here we are.” You chuckled, kissing the girl’s hair sweetly. She giggled happily, blushed and nodded.

A wide smile spread across Jiyong’s face, his eyes were practically sparkling. You had read before that he was good with children. But seeing it was something entirely different. “Good choice Eun Min-ah!” he said, making her blush even harder. You could only giggle at the sight. Yet you had the feeling you would blush even harder if he looked at you that way. “Aigoo, what an adorable girl.” He smirked, looking up at you. “Just like her mommy…” he added. Your eyes were focused on Eun Min as she started to shake her head to agree with that statement. You laughed softly, unaware of the fact that Jiyong’s eyes were trained on you. You only thought about her mom and what he just said about her. Surely she was a very gorgeous woman; anyone would agree with that.  Your guess was that Jiyong said it as a joke, to amuse Eun Min. So you tagged along with it. “Hmm, I don’t know Eun Min, don’t you think your daddy’s muuuuuch cuter?” you said teasingly, watching the girl starting to laugh and nod once again. She was obviously enjoying all of this. You were laughing too and so did Jiyong. Little did you know that in that moment he was cursing himself for even saying something.

~ Jiyong’s POV ~

‘She has kids’. It was the only thought going through his mind in that moment. He could hardly believe it. You actually had kids. You didn’t look old enough to have kids already, but he didn’t want to judge. After all, he wasn’t a 100% sure about your age and it wasn’t his business. But this discovery made his heart burn even more. It had been painful to have you in his head all the time while knowing he could never have you. Somewhere, there was some guy sleeping by your side every night and he actually had permission to call you his. He could only dream of such a thing. And now those dreams were crushed as he laid eyes upon these two adorable kids. He felt like a monster for even thinking about stealing their mommy. He couldn’t wish something like that upon such a beautiful family. He just had to move on and forget you. It was for the best. But saying that in his head was so much easier than actually doing it. So he just smiled along, secretly melting at the mere sight of your smile and the sound of your laugh.

~ Your POV ~

After Eun Min had plenty of attention, she refocused on the dolls at her feet. You had to admit it secretly pleased you. Since it gave you the opportunity to talk to Jiyong some more. “So, busy day at work?” you smirked, noting the bags under his eyes. You felt bad for him. Your multiple jobs could be rather stressful too, but in the end you always had nice times like this to make it all better. On days like this, being Eun Min and Jin-So’s nanny, really wasn’t that bad.  But he, on the other hand, probably didn’t have nice days at the park very often. “Ah, it’s fine. We’re working on a new album.” He smirked while he shrugged. “Cool!” you grinned. “Can’t wait to hear it!” you added. It wasn’t bad to let him know you were a fan. After all, knowing he had support probably pleased him. “Well maybe if you’re lucky I might give you a sneak peek.” He grinned, winking at you. It completely caught you off guard, making you blush heavily and look away from him to Jin-So. Typically you. When guys said things like that you always got nervous and secretly wanted to do a happy dance or whatever. You never knew how to behave.

“Uhm, how was your day so far?” he asked. You were glad he didn’t wait for an answer to his previous statement. Because, quite frankly; you had no idea what to say in reply. You’d probably start to stutter or something of the sorts.  But answering this question… that you could do! “Ah fine I guess. Calm day at the park with the kids. They can drive me insane though.” You grinned while giving him a tired smile. “They were going crazy this morning. Eun Min asked for her jeans then she wanted a dress,. Then Jin-So spilled his milk all over his clothes and I had to put him in a bath while Eun Min cried because there was also milk on her dolls.” You blurted out, ending your words with a loud sigh. “Damn, sounds like a hassle.” Jiyong said his eyes warm and sympathetic. “Ah well yeah. I’l l survive.” You smiled, petting Eun Min’s hair sweetly. They could be troublesome, but honestly they were the sweetest kids a nanny could wish for. He nodded and looked at the both of you, a look in his eyes that was unknown to you as he did so.

Suddenly he got up. “You know, I should get back to work.” He said while doing so. Your eyes shot up at him, giving him a disappointed look. You were too late to wipe all the sadness off your face before he noticed. You didn’t want him to feel awkward. After all, it wasn’t like he actually showed he liked you back. And once again his look confused you. He bit his lower lip and it seemed like he wanted to say something, yet stopped himself. “Bye then.” He then blurted out, turning around and moving away from you. It surprised you, since it was so sudden and cold after the nice chat the two of you just had. Fortunately, he turned back around and walked back.

“Actually, I was wondering… If you aren’t too tired tonight and you need a break from…” he started, gesturing for the kids before he continued. “…all of this. I’m hanging around at Club Rococo tonight.” He finished, giving you a warmer smile before he quickly waved and turned around to leave in a hurry. You weren’t sure what just happened. Did G-Dragon just asked you out?