Misunderstood pt.1

Misunderstood

*FLASH*FLASH*FLASH* *FLASH*FLASH*FLASH*

Although the brightness of the flashing camera was hard on your eyes, you didn’t blink. You were getting used to this feeling by now and had learned to be oblivious to it for quite a while. So you kept yourself from blinking as you posed in the beautiful black dress. You had to admit; afterwards you could feel a bit dizzy because of it. But the crew usually said it was understandable. You were still rather new to all of this of course. You would get used to it eventually.

Now, you never saw yourself as a professional model at all. Hell, you aren’t even vain enough to think you could ever do a job like this. Yet here you were. A few months ago you came to Seoul, ready to become the nanny of two lovely kids as an au-pair. No one in their right mind would’ve expected you to become a model. You were just a regular girl, living with this sweet family while babysitting their kids and doing some work around the house when necessary. Being a model really didn’t pop up in your head whatsoever. But then some man had stopped you in the middle of the street, claiming your beauty was remarkable. To say it with his words; you had an outstanding appearance. Of course you had laughed it off. As if you would ever be as naïve to believe such a thing. But he persisted, gave you his card and said it was okay to bring friends to the company in case you were suspicious. And suspicious you were indeed. Yet, right before you wanted to throw away the card a friend convinced you to go have a look. It wouldn’t hurt, right? And before you knew it you were doing part time jobs as a model for this company. Okay fine, it was wonderful. But the most important thing was that it combined rather well with your nanny-hours and it paid well. You still refused to believe the whole ‘remarkable appearance’ talk. He was just exaggerating.

Today was one of those days when the shoot would take up all afternoon most likely. You had been lucky enough to be the nanny of a very flexible family and they gave you permission to go quite easily. When you were done, you would have to let them know though so you could go home to the kids. It was a fair arrangement.

The black dress with bright blue details twirled around your hips as you went for a different pose. The crew was still waiting for the male model to arrive, so they decided to do a few personal shots of you first. You were nervous, how could you not be? This was the first time you would have to do a shoot with a male model, a sort of intimate one at that too. And the worst part was… It was with G-Dragon.

Never in your life had you imagined meeting an idol here in Seoul. Of course you weren’t stupid and you knew you could run into them. But actually doing a shoot with one? Actually being able to talk to one? Oh god, this was really nerve-wrecking. You didn’t want to look bad in front of him. Like a silly fan girl that couldn’t even do a proper shoot with him. Honestly, you had no idea how to react to his presence. Sure, he was handsome and really talented. But you didn’t really know him of course. For all you knew he would be rather cold and distant. Or he would be warm and loving and sweet and… ‘Stop it.’ you told yourself, calming your thoughts. There was no use to daydream about it. You had to stay professional, even if it was G-Dragon.

The flashing was over and you walked off set, completely absorbed in your own thoughts. “Lovely dress.”  A voice said, making you turn on your heels “Well thanks.” You said, suddenly freezing as your realized who you were talking to… GD. “Oh, … I didn’t see you come in. Annyeong-haseyo. “You said, greeting him politely. He did the same. “Nice to meet you, you must be ___-ah?” he smiled. He had a nice smile, you realized. “Neh. And you are ehrr..G-..ehm.” you started, unsure how you should call him right now. Was it okay to call him GD? Or did you have to use his real name? You weren’t sure. Luckily, he cut you off with his sweet voice. “Jiyong, you can call me Jiyong.” He grinned, amused by your insecurity. “Okay.” You grinned back, before the photographer yelled at the both of you to get on set again.

He was wearing a gorgeous black jeans and shirt. His outfit was also accessorized with bright blue colors. It really looked good on him. So there you were, standing close to him as you both posed for the picture. “A bit closer please.” A voice said, and almost instantly you felt Jiyong come closer to you. You tried to pay as little attention to it as possible, not wanting to get distracted. But when his hand rested on your hip, it was getting harder and harder for you to do so. You swallowed harshly and refocused, trying to put all your attention into your posing, rather than the warmth of his hand that was going through your dress onto your skin. You both shifted positions again, faces now closer to each other. Damn, this was getting really difficult. “Now look at each other!” the voice sounded again. Your eyes searched for his as your face moved up. Your breath got stuck in your throat as your eyes locked and you realized how close you two exactly were. Did the photographer plan this or what? Now, you couldn’t exactly complain. And it seemed like he didn’t either.

You felt how you lost yourself in his eyes. They were so deep, so hypnotizing and it felt as if the very warmth and sweetness in his eyes was only meant for you. You felt how your heart hammered in your chest. You never wanted this moment to stop, you wanted to stay like this forever, drowning in his eyes. But that’s when the voice made you snap out of it again. “Cut! Okay! We’re done! Amazing work you guys!” he said. Both you and Jiyong seemed frozen for a second. Obviously you felt like you weren’t ‘done’ at all! You really didn’t want to let go, but you knew you had to. It was only an act of course. Just the shoot. Of course he hadn’t been looking at you like that for real. The very thought of it seemed ridiculous. And before you knew it he was gone and disappeared into his dressing room. All hope faded from your body. Sometimes you could be really stupid. Actually thinking a star like him could be as dazzled by you as you were by him was beyond crazy. You really needed to get reality check. Quickly, you headed for your dressing room.

Back in your comfortable jeans and T-shirt, you walked out of your dressing room, looking around. Almost the entire crew had disappeared. Apparently everyone was done for the day. Well, except for you, you still had to go play nanny of course. Even though you were tired, you had no choice. With a sigh you searched for your phone, texting Chungho-ssi, the father of family, to tell him you were done with the shoot. After that you made your way over to the table with snacks. Since you were waiting for an answer, you might as well enjoy some of that. Little did you know someone was watching you as you did so.

——————————————————————————————————-

~ Jiyong’s POV ~

‘She’s really beautiful.’ Jiyong thought as he glanced at you from behind the corner. He couldn’t actually believe he was doing this, staring at a girl all creepy like this. He never was the type to be afraid to talk to girls, yet something about you made him stop in his tracks. The moment he had spotted you on the set, in your gorgeous dress, he had been stunned by your beauty. In that moment you had been nothing more than a regular girl he thought was gorgeous. But it was when you looked up at him during that shoot, that his heart had skipped a beat. He couldn’t explain why, but something about you in that moment drove him crazy and almost made him ruin the entire shoot. He didn’t want to let go of you when it ended and oh boy did he hope neither would you. But it was foolish to think like that, he knew that all too well. Other times, times when he wasn’t feeling as stunned as he was now, he would’ve just asked the girl out. But with you he just fled to his dressing room. And when you left your room, he was staring at you from behind a corner. How sad.

Had it really come to this? He couldn’t believe it himself. Why couldn’t he just go up to you and talk to you? You seemed like a nice and sweet girl. Surely you wouldn’t say no to a date with him, right? He took a deep breath and urged himself forward. No need to be nervous, he told himself. All of it would go just fine. He felt how he got surer of himself as he got closer to you. His eyes were fixated on your back as you grabbed a cupcake from the plate before you. But then the ringtone of a cellphone sounded through the empty room. Immediately he stopped walking, looking at you as you picked up your phone. “Yeoboseyo?” your delicate voice said. “Ahh! Hey there sweetie. Yes of course I’ll come and see you! Saranghae-yo!” you said, sounding excited and happy. Jiyong felt his heart sink. So you were taken. He should’ve guessed a girl like you wouldn’t be running around freely. Every man that could be with you obviously wouldn’t think twice. He had been an idiot by hoping for a chance.

——————————————————————————————————

~ Your POV ~

After you hung up your phone, you happily smiled to yourself. You always loved it when ChungHo-ssi made his sweet daughter, the one whose nanny you were, call you. She couldn’t say that much yet. But she knew how to ask you if you could come and play with her. It was so adorable, each time she did that, you melted. With a bright smile on your face you turned around.

Spotting Jiyong there, you jumped bit. “Omo! I didn’t see you there!” you said, laughing a bit at your own reaction. You were glad to see him though, hoping that maybe what you saw in his eyes before hadn’t been imaginary. “Mianhae, I didn’t mean to startle you.” He answered, giving you a smile. You couldn’t help but feel it seemed different, less convinced and sincere than before. It made you feel awkward and confused, wondering what you had done to make him feel like this. “It’s okay.” You mumbled, a silence coming between the two of you. It lasted for a while, until you spoke up again. You didn’t like situations like this and tried to avoid them. Since you had to go work anyway, you might as well end it now. Of course you felt bad. You had actually hoped to get to know him. But apparently he didn’t seem to agree. “I have to go actually, I have stuff to do.” You said softly, giving him a light bow before you headed for the door. “Okay.” He said softly, staring after you as you left. A part of you hoped he would’ve said something more. But as you closed the door behind you and walked away from the building nothing happened. You felt your heart sink. So this was it. You would never see Jiyong ever again…