Chapter Seven

Walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Christmas Eve fell, and Kai was feeling more depressed than usual. He sat down at his computer and instant messaged SeHun, and despite the late hour there in Korea the other boy answered immediately. His face finally came across on the video chat, though with Kai's bad internet, it kept freezing at odd moments.
"Merry Christmas!" SeHun chirped, and Kai had to laugh. "You sound happier than usual, SeHun... LuHan finally ask you out or something?"
SeHun blushed red and Kai knew he had hit the mark, but the younger boy waved it off. "Yo, your birthday is next month!! Are you coming home? LuHan said you could stay with him until you find a job and a place... who knows, maybe you could move in with Kyungsoo..." He said Kyungsoo's name in a teasing manner, and Kai scowled. He honestly hadn't even though of the short boy in... months. Ever since he started communicating with Taemin, to be honest.
"I... I don't know." Kai said, and SeHun looked a bit confused for a moment (though with the glitchy connection, it was a long moment).
"You don't know about Kyungsoo or you don't know about Korea? LuHan keeps a clean house... freaky clean, actually. And he said he wouldn't mind you staying."
Kai smiled a bit, but it was definitely forced. "I just... I don't know. England is different than I thought it would be... I don't know if I want to leave."
SeHun sat back into his chair and studied the other boy for a moment. "You've fallen in love with someone." He said... not a question. Kai opened his mouth to disagree, but couldn't deny it. He thought of Taemin's eyes, shining and bright when he laughed. His lips, so full and soft looking. His skin, so milky white. And the kiss they shared... despite the canvas between them, Kai could feel such a deep connection with the other boy, so strong that it almost scared him. 
Maybe he was falling in love.
"You are!" SeHun's exclamation shocked Kai and drew him back from his thoughts to his best friend's gleeful face. "You've fallen in love with someone! Tell me who! Is he British? White? Is he good looking? How old?"
Kai shook his head, trying his best to keep a frown off of his face. "I... I can't talk about it. Not yet, anyway. I'm sorry. Have a great Christmas, SeHunnie... Saranghaeyo."  Clicking the link before SeHun could protest, Kai signed off and closed his computer.
Love is a strong thing... and how do you explain that the person you love was born a century before you and is stuck in a painting, possibly to never come out?
* I sit with my back to the wall, avoiding all paintings. Kai has been calling for me for hours, and I want to answer him, to see his beautiful face, to see him smile. But I can't. He needs to continue with his life.
I heard his conversation last night with his friend from Korea. He is in love with me, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter