Four

The One Who Makes Life Come to Life

Hey, a/n at the beginning this time because WOW I am so tired. I tried to edit this but I'm still not sure it completely makes any sense and I think there are way more typos than I managed to catch (and they were all REALLY STUPID typos too, not even cool manly typos), but I'm putting it out anyway because I will cry about it later. ilu bye. ;___;

 

 

After Sungjong spent the night (after sleeping so well he didn't know how he'd gotten by without a Myungsoo to hold onto before now) and parting ways the next morning just to reconvene the next night (jittery and feeling wrong all over) they decided to start spending time together (they really had no choice) and found that they really had started to become friends (practically instantly, without trying). They moved around each other easily and naturally because of the Lund's and the way their bodies were perfectly attuned to each other’s, but after getting to know each other some, the other things began to fall into place too.

 

It took Myungsoo only a few instances of going too long between bouts of skin contact before he became better about both receiving it and seeking it out when he needed it. They still tried to push the limits as far as they could though, if only so Myungsoo could still work his job and Sungjong could go back to his grandfather and to school. But Sungjong had been staying in Myungsoo's apartment and had woken up plenty of times tucked against Myungsoo's side, reveling in in the warmth of his imprint mate. Luckily for him school break had come and he didn't have to worry so much about school work and only working part time for Sunggyu and explaining to his grandfather why he was out so much at night. Also luckily for him, his grandfather trusted him enough to not push him into answering where he went off to so much and why he did it.

 

After a few weeks of making almost every other night spent at Myungsoo's apartment and the days in between spent accumulating as much skin to skin contact as they could before Sungjong had to go home work, Sungjong decided it might be easier to integrate Myungsoo into his group of friends, and himself into Myungsoo's. That way they'd have a reason to be together more often and less lies to tell.

 

Sungjong wasn't sure how well he'd be able to lie to Sunggyu with Myungsoo right in front of him, but it turned out that he did it very well. Sunggyu appeared to realize quickly that Myungsoo meant a lot to Sungjong, even if he wasn't aware just how much yet.

 

Sungjong noticed also that Myungsoo was softer and kinder around their friends than anyone else, or at least Woohyun and Dongwoo too once they met (though who didn't immediately love Dongwoo). He was polite and quiet around the Sunggyu and the others, but with that an aura around him that felt distant but malleable and let Sungjong know that Myungsoo was just starting to warming up to everyone. That Myungsoo was becoming closer to Sungjong’s friends made Sungjong feel warm and pleased inside, and when he felt that way he sometimes felt Myungsoo responding without Myungsoo knowing himself; he would feel full inside and happy and see Myungsoo smiling and returning the feelings though Myungsoo might not have understood why. He knew it himself, but it was always nice to show others that Myungsoo wasn't always a cold and brooding recluse, hissing to be left alone.

 

"Do you think they like me?" Myungsoo asked Sungjong quietly once in his garage. Sungjong had come like he had been increasingly often lately and waited while doing his work for Sunggyu until Myungsoo was ready to take a break. They would take off their shirts and sit in Myungsoo's rolling chair by his worktable. It had taken a bit to figure out a comfortable way for both of them to rest and get what they needed from each other while still being comfortable. The floor was too dirty and hard and Myungsoo couldn't bring himself to use other people's cars, so they arranged themselves with Myungsoo sitting normally and Sungjong straddling his lap while they embraced. This way was easiest because they could turn and Sungjong could use the worktable for his laptop and continue his work and Myungsoo favored taking small naps, snoring lightly against Sungjong's shoulder. This had become routine, and it worked for them. Most times Sungjong brought over lunch for both of them and Woohyun and snuck in a blanket for when the garage got drafty.

 

They also learned to lock the garage door. So far Woohyun hadn't found it locked and became more suspicious than he already was of them, but there had been close calls where they just had barely caught Woohyun's footsteps and pulled their shirts on quickly before arranging themselves innocently.

 

"I really want them to like me." Myungsoo revealed softly.

 

Sungjong smiled but he didn't pull away to look at Myungsoo, knowing that Myungsoo would feel embarrassed and exposed. Sometimes it was really clear to Sungjong that Myungsoo was all marshmallow on the inside. "Well I think they really do." Sungjong assured him. "Sungyeol is ready to dump us and become your best friend already, so that should tell you something."

 

Myungsoo happened to be surprisingly affectionate and touchy, too, for someone who put so much importance into his privacy. Sungjong realized quickly that Myungsoo had an attachment to his hair.

 

"It's soft!" Myungsoo would protest grumpily, but with a smile tugging at his mouth to give him away. "And it always smells good! How can I not?"

 

Sungjong didn't care. Usually he fussed when others touched his hair or his face, but with Myungsoo it was fine. Better, even; his hands always felt warm when Sungjong felt cold and refreshingly cool when Sungjong was too hot.

 

Other things Sungjong picked up about his imprint: Myungsoo was generally low energy, with no problems staying quiet for long periods of time. All of Myungsoo's strange, quirky books never collected dust because Myungsoo used them well. It wasn't strange to see Myungsoo start a book and finish it in one long sitting, hardly moving (it also wasn't strange to see Myungsoo get excited over some car thing that Sungjong didn't understand and rush around the garage so much that Sungjong wasn't sure if he was at work or just playing with his toys). The only books Myungsoo never seemed to read were Sungjong's pile of Lund's books that stayed in the corner of his bedroom, and Sungjong thought that had something to do with trying to ignore the fact that they were truly bonded. If that's was what he needed, then Sungjong would let him.

 

Of course, one of Sungjong's favorite things about Myungsoo was how Myungsoo indulged Sungjong when he went on a rant or started spouting off historical knowledge that most people found unbearably boring. When Sungjong got started Myungsoo just listened to him carefully in a way that made Sungjong know he wasn't just being tuned out. Myungsoo may have never found it interesting, but he let Sungjong say what he needed to say and, most times, talked back and asked questions.

 

It was hard for Sungjong to pretend he wasn't rapidly falling in love with Myungsoo, even if he'd been practically there since day one.

 

Myungsoo had told him on their first night together that there was a girl, but for some reason it always seemed to slip Sungjong's mind. He never thought about her when he snuck bites of Myungsoo's breakfast off of his plate while Myungsoo was still too adorably sleepy to notice. He didn't think about her when it was starting to get to be too long since he'd seen Myungsoo and he could close his eyes and smell the gasoline and grease from Myungsoo's garage; he could feel the ache of Myungsoo's arms as he worked when he thought about it too, but most of all he could feel the way Myungsoo was starting to feel the separation too and ached for Sungjong. Sungjong definitely didn't think about her when Myungsoo's warm hands spread over his back at night and held him close, even while they slept, but he should have. It could have helped him when Myungsoo grabbed his arm one day at the market and Sungjong felt how Myungsoo was cold in the pit of his stomach.

 

"That's her." He said lowly, obviously attempting to look like he wasn't staring, but failing miserably.

 

Sungjong didn't know what to say when he saw Myungsoo's crush for the first time. She was beautiful and he could feel Myungsoo's heart pound like it was in his own chest. She looked exactly like what Sungjong would have chosen for Myungsoo-- it just made sense and it shouldn't have, because Sungjong knew it was coming, but it ripped him apart inside.