Noodles and Closets

Dancing On My Own

Jiyeon was walking down the streets heading towards the market on the corner. She opened the door and walked inside. She scanned the aisles until he saw what he was looking for. She gasped. "Kimchi Noodles!" She hurried over to get what was the last package.

"Yes! The last packet of Kimchi Noodles." A boy said as he picked up the package and held it in both hands.

Jiyeon walked up to him heartbroken. "Hey! You give that back it was mine."

"For real? I don't see your name on it." He teased as he flipped the package around and examined it.

"Come on!" Jiyeon tried to get it back but the boy held it above his head mocking her height.

"Hey!" She shouted as she made a jump for it.

"Aww what's the matter little girl? Can't reach it?" He laughed some more.

"Give it to me now!" She yelled as she jumped as high as she could. The package was in her hands but she soon realized she was falling.

"Ah, ow." Jiyeon whined as she opened her eyes and saw herself on top of the boy flat on her stomach. The boy looked at her a bit embarrassed. The people in the store continued to look at them confused. She got up quickly and brushed herself off. The boy raised his arm expecting for the Jiyeon to help him. She noticed and looked away. He lifted himself up in shock.

"You know a lot of girls wouldn't get into a fight for such unhealthy food."

"So? Maybe I'm not a lot of girls." She crossed her arms over her chest.

"Well then, what's your name?" He asked as he put his hands in his pocket and gave her a glance.

"Haha what are you trying to be funny?"

Top began laughing. "I'll give it to you if you tell me your name."

Jiyeon blinked bewildered he didn't fess up to knowing who she was. "Come on I know you it."

"No... should I? Have we met before?" He asked apologetically and awkward for mistaken someone he thought he had already met for a stranger.

Jiyeon got taken aback at this. "You mean you really don't know?" How did a boy his age not know of her existence?! She was the awesome sweet vocal from Pika-So for crying out loud! One of the most popular rookie girl groups in Kpop today! She was an idol! She'd understand if he was an ahjusshi or something who lived on the countryside away from all forms of communications, but he wasn't.

"Well no. I've never met you." He said as he scratched his head confused.

"My name is Jiyeon, and you?"

"Fitch!"

Jiyeon thought about the name. That wasn't Korean, where had she heard such a name before. Was that even American? "Um.." Not trying to sound stupid she spoke up. "..you mean like the store?!" She tried.

"Hahaha uh.. I guess you could say that." Fitch laughed with his eyes close loudly making the cashier shush him.

Jiyeon ducked her head down a bit now wanting to drag attention to herself. When everyone finally looked away she smacked his arm hard. "Just for that you're taking me to eat kimchi noodles!"
 

"Bo?!?!"

~*~

Seunghyun regretted closing the door to the closet. It was way too dark inside and he felt like there was only a little bit of room in it. He reached for his phone in his pocket to use as a light so he could see what his surroundings looked like.

"You idiot!! Get us out of here!" Ailee demanded as she shoved Seunghyun against the door.

He finally turned the flashlight on from his phone and that's when the noticed how close they actually were.

"I'm not letting you out until you listen to me." Seunghyun said in a serious voice. Ailee's eyes widened both in shock and fear.

~*~

Jiyeon followed Fitch down the busy street. She kept turning her head away from different people she passed by hoping no one would recognize her.

"Is something wrong?" Fitch asked as he turned around and noticed Jiyeon's weird behavior. "I don't smell, do I?" He joked trying to cheer up the new friend he just met.

"No! You don't smell." Jiyeon said immediately worried that she may have insulted him in some way.

"Then what?" Ftich asked tilting his head to the side cutely.

"Ugh.... How do you not know who I am?!" Jiyeon brought up again, Fitch became confused. "Well, I just met you.." He answered.

"You live in South Korea, I'm an idol! How do you not know Pika-So!? We're pretty big in Kpop for rookies!!" She explained waving her hands around in the air in a childlike manner.

Fitch looked closely at her face now trying to recognize her. "You're an idol?... Are you from Girl's Generation?"

Jiyeon felt a little defeated. "No, ..I'm in Pika-So.." She mentioned again. It wasn't that she was trying to brag about it, she just wanted him to know why she felt uncomfortable outside in the public for so long.

Fitch nodded his head now trying to remember a kpop group by the name of Pika-So. "You're CL right?"

Jiyeon deadpanned. "I'm not CL, I'm Jiyeon. The singer. I sing, not rap."

Fitch chuckled at her sad tone she displayed in her voice that made it even softer. "Well, I'm sorry. I'm not from here. I'm from the states originally, I just came here to get some things done for my mom. Does it matter that you're an idol?"

"Well, no.. it's just weird that you're not behaiving like a fanboy right now."

"Ha! Me?! A fanboy?! That'll be the day." Fitch laughed more at the face expression made by Jiyeon. "Are you not supposed to be around me cause I'm normal?" He joked.

Jiyeon thought about it for a moment. "Ani, but if fans see me with you they might take pictures and then they'll go online and be rumors about us dating. Then guys and girls will bash on you and hate you for taking away me, their precious Dino-sshi, off the market." Jiyeon explained.

Fitch tilted his head to the side and placed a finger to his chin. "Hmm, really? Then remind me never to date you." He said and then laughed. Fitch took a look around the street and spotted something. "Ooh! Wait here!" He crossed over to one of the outside markets and bought something real quick. Jiyeon watched him as he returned.

"Here you go, put these on." He said as he held up a pair of Hello Kitty styled glasses and a snapback. Jiyeon did as he said in an awkward manor.

"There, now you're normal too." He cheered before pulling her along to follow him.

~*~

Ailee kept her eyes narrowed. She wanted to leave the closet but she knew she had to learn what was up with Seunghyun and her. He was her dance partner after all. He was also her best friend.

"Ailee, I'm sorry I tried to kiss you while you were sleeping." Seunghyun began. "I just, it's just, I've been feeling weird around you lately. I don't know why.. I thought if," He took a pause to catch his breath. His heart was beating rapidly with fear and his nerves taking over it. "that if I kissed you, and I felt something then, I don't know I would understand."

"Is that what you say to all the girls?"

"Ailee, you're no other girl."

"Yea sure, I'm sure you've told that to all the other idol girls that you've dated as well." Ailee tried to brush past Seunghyun but he grabbed her arm and turned her to look at him.

"You're no other idol girl to me Ailee!"

"Listen! I can deal with you being a player cause your my bestfriend but," Ailee's voice cracked as a sob broke out. "I can't deal with you trying to do the same thing to me." She glared into Seunghyun's eyes but all he showed was sincerity.

"You have to believe me Ailee, I don't want some idol girl who diets nonstop, who can only dance y, who sings in a high pitch voice, and who is so unoriginal... I want you... I want my best friend." He held onto to Ailee's wrist softly.

Ailee looked at Seunghyun in deep thought before reaching for the door knob.

"Ailee-ah!" He whined seeing as she was completely unaffected or touched by his confession.

Ailee rattled the door know. "It's stuck." Terror filled her eyes.

~*~

Fitch opened the door to a small shop and allowed Jiyeon inside. She took a step in and took a look around the place. "Where do you want to sit?" He asked.

"Booth." She answered. They walked over to the the farthest booth in the restaurant and took their seats.

~*~

"Let me out of here! Let me out!!" Ailee yelled as she tugged harder and harder on the door knob.

"Ailee! Ailee!" Seunghyun shouts finally catch her attention.

"What?!" She screams and turns back to look at him.

"The door opens by pushing it, you've been pulling it this whole time. You just made it worse." He explains to the frantic girl.

A part of Ailee dies a little inside. "What?! Omo!! Why didn't you tell me this before?!"

"I tried to but you didn't let me!" Seunghyun defends.

Ailee slides down to her knees and pouts. "I didn't even bring my phone with me."

"You shouldn't haven run away from me." Seunghyun shrugs and crosses his arms.

"Wait, don't you have a phone?"

"Yea I do!" Seunghyun realizes. He pulls out his cell phone and looks at the screen. "Aish! I don't have a signal in here. Stupid closet!" He raises his hand above his head irritated but then stops. "Hey, the higher my phone is, the more it searches for a signal!"

Ailee smiles realizing there is hope after all. "Quick! Climb on my shoulders!" Ailee paused and gave Seunghyun a weird look. "What?! I don't want to!"

"Ailee come on! We need to call someone or you'll be stuck in here forever with me."

"Forever!? Omo!!"

"Come on!"

"Okay, okay. Calm down!" Ailee climbs up on Seunghyun's shoulders as he lowers himself. She takes the phone in her hand and sits down on his shoulders trying to get a signal.

~*~

"I'll be right back." Fitch says as he gets up from the table to go ask the waiter from some chile paste. Jiyeon watches him as he leaves but then suddenly her phone rings interupting her thoughts. "Hello?"

“Jiyeon! Please you have to help me! Me and Seunghyun-’’

“You mean Seunghyun and I?” Jiyeon corrected.

“Whatever! Me and him are trapped in a closet!”

“Really? Seunghyun is gay? Wow, I can understand you but him?” Jiyeon joked.

“Jiyeon!! Not that closet! It’s a real closet, somewhere in a hall at PSYE.”

“Oh!! I see a real closet. Well that’s good. Now you two can have some alone time.”

“What?! No! Jiyeon help!!”

“Look this would be a good thing for you two… And also I’m kind of busy having fun.” Fitch came back with a mini bowl of chile paste.

“Jiyeonn! Come on I’m not kidding!”

“Neither am I, but look I got to go okay? Remember we’re performing tonight so bye!!”

“What?! Dino! No please-”

Jiyeon hung up the phone and shoved it in her pocket before looking back at Fitch. “So how is it like in America?”

~*~

“How long has it been now?” Ailee asked Seunghyun.

“About 2 hours.” Seunghyun answered looking at his phone. They could hear footsteps coming down the hall and keys rattling which was the signal that Jiyong was finally getting closer to finding them like he promised when they called him and hour ago. He was at the radio station so they had to wait for him to get back, find the skeleton key, and check every closet that was on the floor Pika-So's dorm was on. They heard another door open down the hall but they were too tired to scream.

“Hey Ailee." Seunghyun said as he slid his hand onto hers. Ailee looked up to show that he had her attention.

“About what I said earlier to you, about me liking you,” Seunghyun swallowed. “I meant it.”

Just then the door to the closet began to open showing a crack of light. Seunghyun moved his hand off of Ailee’s.

“Here you guys are!” Jiyong cheered.